Broadcom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2018

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

first phone interview
    then on site interview
    talking with 7 people in total, one is from HR

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. 1 round phone interview(45 mins)+onsite interview(6 hours). Asked about projects on my resume, STA, DFT techniques such as scan, Logic/memory Bist, JTAG, ATPG algorithm, stuck-at fault/transition fault, LOC/LOS and also some behavior questions. Some of the questions are not so easy for new graduates.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

two phone interview and two rounds on-site interview, using webEX. Asking memory management such as heap & stack, and something on your resume. So be well prepared for basic knowledge of OS and computer architecture for the interview

Interview Questions

• Most of it is focus on programming language C, data structure, OS, heap, stack and memory management   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Internally referred. Went through two phone interviews, one with hiring manager, and one with a team member. For the onsite interview, met with 6 people. Mostly talked about experience listed on my resume, several simple and basic C programming questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Most C programming questions were bit-operations, nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

interview process was pretty normal. 1 Phone interview consist of technical and HR and 1 onsite interview, 3 interview with manager and 2 team members.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

A little over half a day, string of meetings from people from across various teams. Technically oriented, much related to past experiences with low level hardware developement works. They also explained what the job is about

Interview Questions

• Most questions were related to my previous work experience   1 Answer

Software Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Had initial phone screen back in June 2007. This was for their MPS division which works on cellular chipsets i.e. GSM/UMTS. Was invited to onsite interview. Had 4-5 interviews, all technical in nature. There was a written test as well with C programming questions. Was asked general questions about UMTS technology. Received offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How does the debugger work when setting a break point if it's a multi processor environment?   Answer Question

Software Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

easy interview. friendly atmosphere..good opportunity to learn current technologies..good salary..good benefits

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Directly onsite: As I already had 3+ exp in Netwoking Industry
    Was interviewing for Data Center Asic group
    5 (1-1) technical Interviews:
    1. Difference between C and scripting Languages
    2. No of 1's in a number
    3. Replacing bits in a 32 bit number
    4. Programming question where I had to use offset macro
    5. How does a packet traverse in a switch (describe various tables used)
    6. Semaphore implementation
    7. How does a switch decide if to switch / route the packet (MYMAC and Ip address)
    8. ARP, ICMP working
    9. static keyword use

Lot of focus on Networking and OS, overall good experience and folks were good to talk with.

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is simple. Phone screen and followed by in person, maybe multiple rounds. Interview questions are both programming exercise and logical thinking style. If all goes well, the follow up process is fast and can expect offer from company.

Interview Questions

• Riddles and logical thinking style questions   1 Answer