Cover image for Broadcom

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Broadcom Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 706 of over 706 interviews

Employee Referral23%
Campus Recruiting18%
HardAverageEasy

Broadcom

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom in Nov 2022

Interview

Easy with Python output based question and regular expression, I wish they knew their expectations from the candidate. 3 rounds with python OOPS concepts, Inheritance Abstraction Sorting Algorithm Palindrome questions with input as sentence

Interview Questions
  • Easy Python questions with regular expression questions
    Answer Question

Broadcom

Application

I interviewed at Broadcom

Interview

a phone call with HR prior to the interview. then a interview meeting will be arranged. interview with QA and Dev mangers separated, it is 1x1 interview. a phone call with HR prior to the interview. then a interview meeting will be arranged. interview with QA and Dev mangers separated, it is 1x1 interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in Oct 2022

Interview

The interview questions were relevant and they went through different levels of knowledge to gauge the depth of experience. Overall a positive experience. There was an initial phone interview then an in person interview with some of the team members.

Interview Questions
  • Various programming exercises and overall software design questions.

Broadcom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom

Interview

Interview process was very casual, asked very simple behaviour question and technical question regarding the position. Phone interview with the team and then onsite interview the Hiring manager and asked simple question.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle the situation, when you can't meet the deadline?

Broadcom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom

Interview

Got a call from HR for details and for setting a technical interview date. In the technical interview were two people that asked me one question. After a few days got a call from one of the technical interview guys with the answer.

Interview Questions
  • Asked one question to implement a smart array that has 3 properties: 1. Can be initialized in constant time. 2. Can get array cell value in constant time. 2. Can set array cell value in constant time.

Broadcom

Application

I interviewed at Broadcom

Interview

Zoom interview consisted of 3 extremely basic software related questions followed by a slideshow about the company. Overall took only about 15 minutes. Got to second round but declined to proceed.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom (Fort Collins, CO) in Jul 2022

Interview

The process went pretty smoothly until the offer came. I got the offer and sent an email asking clarifying questions as shown below. The manager was clearly upset that I asked about WFH for a second time. However, after reading that the job description stated, “ This position is an in-office position; working remotely is not available without corporate direction.” I wanted to verify that it absolutely was not a possibility because the description seemed to suggest corporate could allow for it. She emailed me back, upset about the questions I asked. Within an hour or so I got a call stating that based on the emails I had sent with my questions that they would rescind the offer. The questions seem very routine to me so I’m sure I dodged a bullet not getting this position. 1. Do you write API documentation? I am currently looking to learn more about APIs and I'm enjoying developing my skill-set with API documentation at my current job and want to know if that is possible at Broadcom. 2. I know we've discussed that this is an entirely in-office position. Is work-from-home completely off the table or would there be room for negotiation for even one day a week? 3. I am really looking for a company that values work/life balance. How flexible is the work schedule? Is flex-time an option? 4. Do you have somebody I can reach out to about how they feel about work culture within the department? 5. I realize I asked this in a previous email but thought I'd tack it onto this one so there aren't two emails about it. How long would I have to use the $35,000 moving budget? I would be hoping to move my family eventually but I would still need to leave them with a home here in Utah until that is possible. In previous companies I've had up to a year to use that budget. Is it the same at Broadcom?

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Broadcom (Hyderābād) in Jul 2022

Interview

Got the call from recruitment agency. Then Broadcom manager scheduled first round where he asked 2 coding questions & a few general questions. It took about 70 mins. Then he scheduled another round of discussion saying next will be designing round. Next round was taken by some other person & its was not on system design, Java questions were asked where I messed on 2-3 simple questions. And the discussion was cut short to 30 mins. In one question I knew I am missing something which interviewer could have corrected, but no. So its a red flag in itself.

Interview Questions
  • Level order printing of tree & other general Java questions.

Broadcom

Application

I interviewed at Broadcom

Interview

1hr interview process and the vacancies was fixed for the candidates who were having recommendation. There was a written test of 60mins to filter candidates in first round it was pretty easy but selection depended fully on interviewer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Broadcom

Application

I interviewed at Broadcom

Interview

Talked to 5 engineers and was a full day on site. The level of questions were different and covered many topics. They were overall friendly and enjoyed talking to them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 706 Interviews

Broadcom Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Broadcom as 71.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.02 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Internship and IC Design Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Broadcom takes an average of 13 days when considering 590 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 8 days), whereas Internship roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 22 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Broadcom according to 590 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.27%