CSC Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.9

83 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Three managers one at a time interviewed for 2 and 1/2 hours. The questions are straight forwards. I was given a chance to ask questions. The Manager asks if I had mistake before. What kind of Employer I would like to work with. Most of the technical questions are answerable if you are prepared very well. The technical manager of the recruiter told me that he has received a call from the director

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CSC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Albany, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through their web site and got a phone call from recruiter. They didn't even email me when I'm available to talk! Then scheduled video interview - they said it is a technical interview but they wanted to see my face over camera, which is weird to me. Found that recruiter sent two meeting appointments, one is right time and the other is wrong time so let her know one is wrong. Seems like their HR is not organized.

Before the interview time, HR said she cannot hear me when I talk though headset microphone - I asked her what she need to check in their video meeting tool. They asked me to video interview though their tool but she didn't know how to use! And interviewers didn't try to fix their meeting tools and called me through cell phone.

They speak through speaker phone so I had a hard to understand what they are saying. They asked all kinds of syntax related questions. Its ok to ask that kinds of questions but they spent all time to ask this kinds of keyword questions. Seems like they are interviewing kinds of staffing company not a big tech company. I realized that I don't want to continue interviewing with them and learned to be patient against rude behaviors.

And next day, I got email from them I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Should I use static keyword on getInstance method?
      When do you see ConcurrentModificationException on hashtable?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Technical round, followed by interview by senior manager from Systems and then HR interview. overall simple process, but this was long back. Interviews over phone are also usual these days.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions with Sample code   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSC.

Interview

4 Round Interview. First round was an aptitude test. Second round is a communication test where they test your speaking skills within a group, Third is a technical interview where they test you on computer skilss such as Java, Dot net. Fourth is a HR interview where they gauge your fit within the company and mention about the people policies

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

easy interview, 5 interview rounds, general aptitude, communication skills, computer science skills

Anonymous Employee in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Egg Harbor Township, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview can be intimidating to newer candidates getting into the working world. It was 6 senior managers and myself in a room. They were all very friendly and professional. They took turns asking basic questions about my knowledge and several behavioral questions. It lasted about an hour and left feeling good about my chances of being employed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are very negotiable and worked very well meeting my requests. I couldn't be happier.

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Overland Park, KS) in July 2013.

Interview

3 person team asking questions. I was shocked the guys came in in jeans and nice shirts. It is a jeans/tennis shoes place to work. The questions were geared towards my skill set at the time.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1:1 interview

Interview Questions

• Entry level so found dome difficulty, otherwise not tough.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rensselaer, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Rensselaer, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online for a contracting position. Got interview scheduled within few days. And the interview was telephonic and web conference. They have asked many technical questions and my experience in each technology.

Interview Questions

• They have asked more technical question on Java/DB/Spring/Hibernate/Jquery   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSC in July 2011.

Interview

Written test with around 40-50 multiple choice questions from the Computer Science and Electronics field followed by a technical interview in person with basic questions on OOP concepts, Computer architecture, etc. After technical round, there is a Communication skills round where you are given any topic and you have to speak for about a minute and finally the HR round.

Interview Questions

• There were lot of questions on ICs and microprocessor chips in the written round. Difficult for software folks.   Answer Question