CSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,029 Interview Reviews

2.7

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSC (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Phone interview- less then 20 minutes. No technical questions. They just want to know more about you. They do ask what you know, but they dont quiz you on it

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CSC.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. Spoke to the hiring manager who was were open and felt like a conversation rather than a interview. Asked basic questions that's expected from an interview.

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSC (Norwich, CT).

Interview

For Level 1 Help Desk positions the interview was very easy at the time. I believe it is more so now that some of the previous requirements may have been removed.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any difficult questions. I was only asked about what was on my resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSC.

Interview

Interview was 2 rounds, one technical and one managerial. Not tough. The interview was lasted one compete day. There were around 100 members who were called for around 25 positions. First round lasted for 45 min , it was technical round. After getting through first round, the second round was with senior manager which was a casual talk. Got a call from HR the next week regarding the package discussion.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSC in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted an online application and received a phone interview within a week from their recruiting department. I was advised that they typically would make me go through several recruiter interviews before being sent a face to face interview, however the department manager indicated he wanted to interview me so they were fast tracking me. Spent 35 minutes discussing what I do in my current position and it was found that everything I did currently would set me up to be successful with them. Everything went fine until we discussed salary requirements. I was told my requirements were just outside of what they normally pay, but that the recruiter would check to see if there was any flexibility and get back to me the next day with a time for a face to face interview. I never heard back from them following up to set up a time. I followed up three times with no response and finally gave up.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Three managers one at a time interviewed for 2 and 1/2 hours. The questions are straight forwards. I was given a chance to ask questions. The Manager asks if I had mistake before. What kind of Employer I would like to work with. Most of the technical questions are answerable if you are prepared very well. The technical manager of the recruiter told me that he has received a call from the director

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSC.

Interview

I worked in a Company and got outsourced to them. They setup interviews for everyone to try and keep their current jobs, but with a pay cut. They got rid of 60-70% of the people and made everyone else that made it do all the work for a pay cut. If you could cut it and everything did not break, you got to stay employed.

Interview Questions

• Will you keep working your job plus additional duties with a $27,000 pay cut?   1 Answer

Customer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blythewood, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Blythewood, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Contacted a few days after submitting the application for a phone screen and then had face to face interview a few weeks later. Face to face interview went as expected. Phone screen lasted less than 10 minutes. They seem to have an immediate need on this vacancy which might be the reason why it moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to this job? Describe your strengths and weaknesses. Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSC in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen + phone technical interview, was fairly simple with a few odd trivia questions about Java and other languages. Fairly pleasant experience overall, no complaints. Friendly interviewers, smooth process.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied and it took them about two weeks until a recruiter sent me an email for a phone interview. First one was regarding background, salary expectations, resume overview, etc. About two more weeks later I got an email from another recruiter working with the first recruiter to set up another phone interview with the hiring managers. There were to be three managers, but only two showed up. Second interview went well, they said I was well qualified and they look forward to the third interview. They sent me an employment tax credit form to fill asking when I can start work etc. I kept in touch with my recruiter but no word from the hiring managers for another two to three weeks. I get a call from another recruiter in the area informing me about other jobs in the area available. Found it a bit suspicious, so I emailed my recruiter from CSC asking my status and he said the hiring managers were changing their skill set for the position, looking for more qualified candidates. They said my interviews were great, I was well qualified, sent me an employment form, but in the end they gave my resume to another recruiter in the area to apply to work at other firms. They did not even bother to inform me of this or their decision change until I emailed them asking my status.