Cabela's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2018

2.3

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cabela's (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Had 5 interviews all on separate days. First is just a HR phone screen interview and the rest are panel in person interview. They took exactly 2 weeks to get back me for each step. 2 weeks to the day & hour. The whole process took just over 2 months. Of course they want you to come in immediately after they call. Irritated because they ended up hiring an inside person even though they made me jump through hoops and end up not getting the position.

Interview Questions

• Pretty laid back. Just wants to get to know you personally & how your experience fits into position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cabela's (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2015.

Interview

pretty standard and straightforward: teamwork, knowledge, etc., dozens interviewed at the same time, interviewers were store managers, well organized, quick and easy, not too difficult. does this get me to the 50 word minimum?

Interview Questions

• How long have you been involved in hunting/fishing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tooele, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cabela's (Tooele, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process that I experience was a mass interview. There were several hundred who had applied yet only a handful of people were selected for the positions being offered. The most stressful part of the entire situation is you could see the stack of applications left by others who had interviewed moments before you. We were farmed in one door and taken out another door and you were told that you would be notified either by phone or email. I waited nearly two months before I was contacted.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer a battery of questions I was asked to tell about myself, was asked why should I be hired. The interviewer wanted to know what skills that I could bring to the table, Was I willing to work long hours and how was my temperament.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Sidney, NE).

Interview

There was a one and one as well as a team interview where there were drug tests and all of the usual procedures. All in all the process was quite quick and training was done rather fast once selected.

Outfitter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview

Received a phone screen and answered a few simple questions about work history, availability, etc. and scheduled an in person interview for a later date. I showed up ten minutes early to the interview, and was told to take a seat and wait. 5 minutes after the scheduled interview time, someone came up and told me the manager I was scheduled with wasn't there that day, but a different manager would be with me soon. 20 minutes later she finally showed up to interview me. Took me upstairs, fairly simple interview, same questions as the other reviews, I thought it went pretty well. She told me she would call me the next day. I received no call. I waited until the end of the week, and still no call, so I called them. Got the operator, who told me neither manager was in, and to try again later. I tried again every day for the next week and a half, leaving voicemails, talking to HR, banging my head against the wall, never receiving a call back. I have since given up and applied elsewhere. Very frustrating that they cannot even call back to say no you are not hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with sales.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you offered excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to own up to a mistake of yours at work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Hammond, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

Got a phone call to come in and interview a week after I applied online. Meet with the department manager a few days later at the store. She spent a couple of minutes briefing me on the history of the company. Afterwards, I was asked about my work history and what each job entailed. Also, they questioned which was my favorite job and why. The entire interview lasted about 20 minutes and was fairly easy and quite standard for retail. I was called back the next day with an offer of employement.

Interview Questions

• What kind of outdoor activities do I like?
      Define good customer service skills?
      Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Bristol, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Open, very friendly. One on One interview. Must complete pre-employment assessments, and agree to drug test. Be sure to ask questions of the interviewer as well. Get some basic background information i.e. how long have you worked at Cabela's? What is the most outstanding part of working at Cabela's. What makes a person in this position successful?

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions: Why do you want to work here? Give me an example of how you have dealt with an irate customer. What motivates you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Hammond, LA).

Interview

manager calls and brings you in for interview that is it. come back for drug test if you are hired. not a hard process i dont have enough input to make up 50 words for this review.........basic questions not very hard. Its retail they aren't looking for rocket scientist.LA la la la la la la la la la la. "Again not enough to talk about with this process. you should shorten this requirement to 25 words. Oh come on already..this is stupid. Only doing this so I can view other company's reveiws.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a mass hiring event in Oklahoma City. We interviewed with the store management team once. Then we went over what positions were available. After that initial interview they reviewed every applicant. Then they hand picked people to extend an offer. July 2015 is when the training started at the hotel. We got an extra two weeks of training because of construction delays.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a disagreement with a coworker, and how did you settle the disagreement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cabela's (Louisville, KY) in January 2013.

Interview

In person with the hiring manager. Questions were basic and straight-forward. I felt like they knew the people they wanted to hire based on first impression and a few simple questions. After interview I was escorted to another room for a mouth swab drug test and then called roughly a week or two later and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic background questions - where I thought I would fit in and a couple give me an example questions.   Answer Question