Cabela's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 2, 2018

2.3

Retail Firearms Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cabela's (Thornton, CO) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on a Thursday. Received a phone call the next day - Friday. During a brief phone interview, I was told about the job duties and responsibilities, and I gave a brief background regarding my work history and firearms knowledge/certifications/training. I was then invited to come to the store on Monday for an in-person interview.

I arrived at the Cabella's store a few minutes early and was informed that the person I was scheduled to meet with had not yet checked in to work. I was sent to the back firearms counter to ask to have him paged, but he never responded nor checked in. Over the next hour and a half, the nice staff attempted to reach him several times, with no response. I finally gave up waiting and told them I was leaving.

I had hoped to hear back later or the next day that an unforeseen emergency had arisen, but never heard back from anyone!

Interview Questions

• Discuss your firearms background/knowledge   1 Answer

Digital Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Denver, CO).

Interview

Hiring process was pretty standard. Had the screening call, panel call, and then onsite interview. However the process seemed rushed- as they said they needed to fill the position immediately. (This turned out not to be the case. See below.)

The onsite interview went really well from both my perspective and the validation from the recruiter after the onsite. The outlook of the digital marketing department seemed to be in the air given the acquisition but the employees I spoke with seemed somewhat optimistic.

Now, you are wondering why I had a negative experience? Everything about the interview process itself went exceptionally well up until the follow-up by the recruiter. After the onsite I was told that I was a “top” candidate but to this day I have never heard a definite “yes” or “no” as far as next steps. In fact, I have followed up several times and all that has been said is that they have no further direction at this time about hiring for the position. It has been over three months since my final interview so I am assuming they are no longer hiring at all for this position. It is extremely confusing for someone to be told they are in the final consideration yet never get any additional update. It is safe to say I was definitely not treated like a top candidate in this process. Please, respect the time and energy set aside by candidates to give them updates. Especially candidates that take time to come for final interviews.

GL Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Austin, TX).

Interview

Hired by GM had multiple conversations via phone. Was hired and didn't meet GM until I reported for my first day of work. Start up team was phenomenal made some lifelong friends. Keep up with them and how they have progressed.

Interview Questions

• Stardard interview questionnaire typical big box how do you deal with questions,   Answer Question

Outfitter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview

Received a phone screen and answered a few simple questions about work history, availability, etc. and scheduled an in person interview for a later date. I showed up ten minutes early to the interview, and was told to take a seat and wait. 5 minutes after the scheduled interview time, someone came up and told me the manager I was scheduled with wasn't there that day, but a different manager would be with me soon. 20 minutes later she finally showed up to interview me. Took me upstairs, fairly simple interview, same questions as the other reviews, I thought it went pretty well. She told me she would call me the next day. I received no call. I waited until the end of the week, and still no call, so I called them. Got the operator, who told me neither manager was in, and to try again later. I tried again every day for the next week and a half, leaving voicemails, talking to HR, banging my head against the wall, never receiving a call back. I have since given up and applied elsewhere. Very frustrating that they cannot even call back to say no you are not hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with sales.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you offered excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to own up to a mistake of yours at work   Answer Question

Camping Outfitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Rogers, AR).

Interview

I was called to schedule an interview, and went in a couple of days later. One on one interview. The questions asked where situational based; tell me about a time when... Overall good experience and pretty standard and easy process. Was finally offered the job about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you would make a good fit at Cabela's.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Dundee, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

First I received an email asking to schedule a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. After that asked me when I could come in for a face to face interview which was the very next day. I went in. Got asked so many questions such as to do with difficult customers, how I handled situations, then asked if I would want to accept the job which I did. Then from there did a mouth swab drug test and some paper work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work as a team and what happened how did it work out?   Answer Question

Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cabela's (Farmington, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

Pretty casual with typical customer service questions. Straight forward no surprises. The offer was made and I accepted, however they call me back 5 days later to tell me they are under a hiring freeze. No job.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a customer complaint and how to deal with team work issue   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acworth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Acworth, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Manager kept it breif and didn’t even go through the full interview process with me. He explained what the position involved and that there were other people he still had to interview. He didn’t ask me many questions at all. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing and able to stand for 8 hours a day with frequent lifting/bending?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabela's (Thornton, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by a manager..had a list of questions and survey on my customer service attitude and expectations. VERY focused on Customer Service and meeting or exceeding customer expectations. Detailed information requested for you to articulate experience.

Sales Interview

Interview

Phone Screening and Personal Interview - Interview with a department manager and the store manager - Resume and work history review - Background and drug screenings. Application process is easy using the online website.