Cover image for Cabela's

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Cabela's Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 320 of over 320 interviews

Employee Referral4%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Cabela's

Application

I interviewed at Cabela's

Interview

Great experience. Very pleasant interaction. Would definitely recommend that you interview here. Good people good culture but not the right fit for me. Don’t let them scare you. They are a bunch of big softees

Interview Questions
  • How much do you like fish?
    1 Answer

Cabela's

Application

I interviewed at Cabela's

Interview

Slow, timely, and unresponsive after the interview. Never heard back from the manager or HR. Very far location not around anything. Parking was free though which was nice. Newer building.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cabela's

Application

I interviewed at Cabela's

Interview

It was not too bad. Very very quick. Simple questions and not stressful in the slightest. The weirdest part was getting both the first and second interviews in one day and then becoming employed all in the span of one hour.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cabela's (Regina, SK) in Aug 2022

Interview

Very friendly, generic questions about previous customer service experience. It was a walk-in hiring fair and I answered questions about my availability and work areas of interest, followed by a 15-min wait and then an interview in an office with a manager.

Interview Questions
  • How have you dealt with unruly customers at your previous customer service jobs?

Cabela's

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cabela's

Interview

Ridiculous. Waste of time. If anyone with a pulse was willing to work for minimum wage in an unbelievably high-stress environment, you were in. Woman had never had any supervisory training in her lifetime.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to work for next to nothing?

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabela's (Edmonton, AB) in Apr 2022

Interview

Very friendly, casual conversation about what makes a good shopping experience. Questions about their products and what I did outdoors. Do I know about their various departments. Why is good customer service important.

Interview Questions
  • Why is customer service important, how can you make a shopping experience good for someone?

Cabela's

Application

I interviewed at Cabela's

Interview

Asked basic questions like what do you like to do? How to handle situations. Why did you choose cabelas? Can you meet the requirements for the duties if the job? Extra words for Glassdoor to stfu

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cabela's

Application

I interviewed at Cabela's

Interview

Went to see them. Interviewed with several levels of management. Toured the store. Met employees from the department. Waited several days. Received call from the manager to offer the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cabela's

Application

I interviewed at Cabela's

Interview

It was very easy the Manager was super friendly. He explained things to me about the company and his excpections as the manager. Showed me around the store. It was very painless

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a difficult customer how did you handle the situation.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Pasadena, TX)

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable. The two interviewers (managers and lead) read some basic interview questions off of a paper and also asked a few of their own questions. They explained the importance of the Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard as well as why it’s an important pillar of the business. I had an answer day of that I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you had to make a tough moral decision at work.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 320 Interviews

Cabela's Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Cabela's as 65.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.25 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Sales Associate and Cashier rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Outfitter and Retail Outfitter roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Cabela's takes an average of 19 days when considering 333 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Cashier roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 13 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Cabela's according to 333 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 22.92%