Cabela's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cabela's Interview Questions

Interviews at Cabela's

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview

Super easy and laidback. The manager was new to the front of house, so he still had the mindset of interviewing people for the warehouse. We talked over the phone to set up the initial in-person interview. I got there early, and then we went into the conference area where he asked me around 10 questions. Got a call back two days later asking me to come in to meet with the GM - got an offer right away.

Outfitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Pump, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabela's (Short Pump, VA).

Interview

Interviewed me like it was some difficult operation that requiring a variety of diversified skills. When all in all very simple job. Sat down one on one with employer. Very simple and got hired that same day.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's in June 2019.

Interview

It was very laid back and low stress. I didn't feel interrogated in any way. It just felt like a nice conversation with someone while still feeling like there was a purpose to it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cabela's in June 2019.

Interview

Easy, basic situational questions. A few questions were to make sure you had basic department knowledge. I talked with two people and they offered me the job on the spot.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cabela's in March 2019.

Interview

Went very well. First got a call for a interview over the phone then we setup an interview at the store. Interviewed with Management then upper Management then off to HR for the hiring process. Next day did the background check and drug test

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cabela's (Washington, DC) in March 2019.

Interview

Just a Skype call. Went through resume. Talked about projects and education background. It was pretty casual. Asked about career goals. It wasn’t a difficult interview. Before Skype I had phone interview

Firearms Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview

Quick and I was upset i didn’t get the job I applied for and this is the last time I work at outdoor stores. I met Tiffany who is HR and she was nice at when I was first hired but that act faded away. Brandon carrack interviewed me but doesn’t work there anymore. Management is strict like you can’t tell a joke to coworkers without them saying anything.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

All of the employees encountered were very friendly, and they were open to answering any questions or concerns I had for them. I applied online and met for an interview. Overall, the application and interview process was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a negative coworker, and if so how did you handle any difficult situations?   Answer Question

Salaried Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalispell, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Kalispell, MT) in November 2018.

Interview

Response to application was quick. Interview was relaxed and casual. I interviewed with the store manager and assistant store manager. They were both friendly and welcoming and asked behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past retail management experience.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview

Was contacted within a week of applying. They emailed me to set up a time for a phone interview. I wasn’t called for the phone interview until over an hour past the scheduled time, but it was only about 5 minutes long and just basic questions.

I was invited to do an in person interview the same day, where I was then hired on the spot.

Overall, it was an easy interview, pretty standard retail interview questions. They expect knowledge and experience in outdoor hobbies and activities so be ready to talk about that a bit.

Everyone was very friendly and the interviewer wasn’t at all intimidating (which is hard to come by these days).

Loved that I got to do both my interviews AND get hired all on the same day. Took a lot of the stress out of the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to bend the rules to deliver good customer service?   Answer Question