Capital One Finance Rotation Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Finance Rotation Program Interview Questions

3.3

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on campus for first-round interview. Passed that and got an offer for final-round interview at their Richmond office. It was a Super Day consisting of a Job-Fit Interview, Behavioral Interview, and a Case Interview. I think the questions asked were fair, not difficult but also not easy. You should brush up on your Algebra skills for the case interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through the website and ended up receiving a final round interview in the Richmond Office. Overall, the interview was not terribly hard, but definitely not super easy. 2 case studies dealing mainly with profit and break even calculations, as well as lots of analysis based on quantitative conclusions. I would definitely recommend reviewing basic accounting principles and skills. 1 behavioral interview and 1 job fit interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed?
      Tell me about a time you conflicted with a team member?
      What is an accomplishment that you are proud of?
      2 cases dealing with profit and break even analysis   Answer Question

Finance Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

They were very nice. Let me stay at a 5 star program but they messed up scheduling and had me sitting in a small empty room by myself for 45 minutes before I even had an interview.Overall though, the people were very nice and asked very engaging and fair questions and answered any questions that I had of my own. I was very happy with the process albeit disappointed with the result, but the competition is grueling to get into this program so don't be too disheartened.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to take part in a rotational program vs other, more concrete and specialized employment opportunities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online through campus recruiting then given a chance to do a face to face case interview. Was offered a chance to interview at headquarters in Richmond VA. The round consisted of 7 applicants and 3 different interviews, behavioral, case, and job fit. Interviewers were very kind and welcoming. Great tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where you are not enjoying the task at aoek   Answer Question

Finance Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

First interview was a case interview on campus with a director. If you pass the case interview, you are flown to the Capital One campus for three more interviews: behavioral, fit, case. The behavioral interview were the typical "tell me when you..." The fit interview was about how you would obtain information that you need in a project you are working on. There were maybe 5-7 questions of this type (a little repetitive). The last interview is the case interview, and was conducted by two managers (can be a little intimidating).

Interview Questions

• Break even analysis. Very easy math when doing it on your own, but can be a little hard with 2 people in front of you.   Answer Question

Finance Rotation Program Interview

Interview

Was invited to do a case interview on campus. Fairly complex business problem. Didn't get invited back. Overall it was a good process. Everyone there is very nice and the interview process is not bad at all. I'm hoping to interview with them again in the fall.

Interview Questions

• Should we get rid of screening before giving out credit cards?   Answer Question

Finance Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I dropped my resume on my school's career website and was selected for an interview a week later.

Interview Questions

• The practice question they have online wasn't hard, but the one in the interview was not easy. There are many variables to consider and they don't walk you through it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a campus interview followed by a trip up to their campus in Richmond, VA for a final round of interviews. This included a case interview, a behavioral interview, and a personality interview. What followed was a tour of the campus, and meeting with year one program participants to learn more about the job and the rotational program.

Interview Questions

• My case was about call center profitability metrics. Just simple profit analysis with fixed and variable costs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. I was then asked to take an online test consisting of general work habits, logic test and a math test. After passing the test I was invited to an onsite interview day. Consisted of 4 interviews. 1 job fit interview, 1 behavioral interview, and 2 case questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the company via email after submitting my resume online for the position. I was asked to take two timed online exams, one for math skills and one for verbal. I also had to take a personality test. Afterwards I was told that I passed the two exams and was invited to attend an interview day in Richmond, VA. Capital One covered all expenses for the travel, including my flight and a hotel room for one night. Because I had not had an on campus interview previously I had to do four 45 minute interviews in the morning (most people only had to do 3 since they had done one already at their school). The interviews consisted of a basic job fit interview, a behavior interview (answer 3 situational questions using STAR technique), and 2 case interviews (for me, other people only had to do 1 case interview that day). The case interviews were the hardest part of the day, but in general they were pretty straightforward - they used pretty basic algebra/math and you needed to talk through everything you were doing. The questions dealt with credit card scenarios, so some information talked about was unfamiliar but they were willing to explain everything when asked. Overall, I thought I had performed quite well in all of the interviews, but I was contacted and told they would not be moving on with my application (also Capital One is quite quick in getting back to you about the interview - 2 to 3 business days).

Interview Questions

• University Credit card - should university buy it out from Capital One or how can Capital One keep university from buying out the card (from the case interview).   1 Answer