Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2018
3,346 Interview Reviews

3.1

Process Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The interview process was very clear cut panel asking behavioral and job fit question. The interview panel was very welcoming and friendly, and they each interviewed separately. They explained the interview process and gave an idea of what to expect. Overall I think about 5-7 questions were asked. After the interview, it took about a week to hear back, and another week to get the ball rolling with the background check and paperwork. All was handled very smoothly. The offer was basically non-negotiable but every candidate should always negotiate no matter what. Overall I enjoyed my experience. Please do your research when interviewing so you know the current state of the company and goals. This could put you a step ahead of the rest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when....(answer should be in a situation, action result, format)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

from the Georgia Tech recruiting website. I heard back from them within a couple weeks and then they told me to come in for the first found of on campus interviews. They provided Skype sessions to help us prepare for the interview.

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

Interview

Video interview- basic. Be prepared for no retakes. Behavioral and situational questions; may want to practice first before going into the real one. Speak loud and clear. When you see it replay, you may not like it and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX).

Interview

applied through a university website. When I came into the waiting room, an employee told us we would be doing a case study. However, the interviewer did not do a case study. Instead, he asked simple questions about data analytics

Interview Questions

• What is the process you would take when given a task to analyze data?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The first interview was online. I had to go through a few scenarios and respond with what would be most appropriate to do during that situation and what would be least appropriate. Next, there was questionnaire asking around 50 questions where I could either agree or disagree with the statements. The second interview was an online recorded interview. There were around 7-12 questions. You get 2 mins to prepare your answer and then 3 mins to record it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was difficult that you overcame. How did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY).

Interview

Very quick and easy process, some of the questions were odd but overall very easy. The hiring manager was very personable and easy to talk to. Only thing is that the hourly wage is way too low to be competitive with other banks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Did the application in December
    Got a call a few weeks later for a phone interview and invited me in for f2f interview which I had a week later on a Tuesday
    On the next following Friday I received a job offer
    Went in for fingerprint and three days afterwards I got a call and email that everything cleared and to confirm my start date. I'm so excited.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle upset customers?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

It was 3 stages, case study, behavioral, and technical aspect. None of it was difficult, however make sure your behavioral is good. The case study involved some made up scenario; they just want to see your thought process.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Houston, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

It took two weeks after applying and doing the interview online to have a face to face interview. When i got there the mamager greeted me. After introducing his self etc. He asked me questioms as I was answering them he was typing the answer . They were senerial questions . After having a face to face interview I will have to wait another 2 weeks to get an answer. I'm looking forward to work at capital one. I wasn't expecting for this to take so long. They still have to interview other people.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the teller job ?
      Tell me a boy your self?   Answer Question

Product Management & Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Received On campus interview. Case study regarding raising money for the non-profit organization. Did not hear back after the first round. I did not like the interviewer began chewing gum during the interview as I was calculating the finances for the case which was very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• What is the break even analysis for this case   1 Answer