Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Management Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2019.

Interview

For the First round interview, They came to my schools campus and conducted a 45 minute behavioral interview. They had 3 big questions, with smaller follow up questions to the answers that I provided.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you haven't touched on yet, that you would like to express to us   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Behavioral -> Case -> Technical
    I think the interviewers were professional and made the process go very smoothly. The most challenging part is the case interview since it is the only one you cant really study for.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Three interviews: Case, Behavioral, Technical.
    Case asked about online banking and to debug some code, technical asked leetcode easy and medium and OOP design question. For behavioral only 3 questions which are on Glassdoor. Thought case and behavioral were easy, but technical was a little tough.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Invite only event that I was able to apply through asking my university recruiter. Submitted my resume and was followed with a 45 minute behavioral interview with a senior executive. Talking to the summit recruiter prior to interview was very helpful too, was able to get this information through my school’s recruiter

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were able to change someone’s mind?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Super unprofessional, This guy had his kids screaming in the background. He didn't even take my time seriously and asked me questions totally unrelated to the job description. He was distracted and was walking around and you could hear all the different background nose. Super unprofessional, and unprepared. I don't want to be working at a company that cant respect other people's time.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

First step was a quick in-person interview at my university. This consisted of a typical BA case, and though it required some algebra, it wasn't too intense. Then, I was invited onsite to their campus in Plano, where I had a battery of interviews. I had a behavioral interview, which wasn't too difficult, but I struggled with some of the questions. Then, a harder technical case than the first round, which I eventually got a solution to with a fair bit of guidance. Lastly, there was a "product" sort of interview - I had to think up 10 variations on the alarm clock. Then, I had to think of a service that I thought had a good business model, and describe what they did and why it was successful. After this, they fed a group of interviewees lunch. Overall, very positive experience, and their campus is nice - I wish I'd prepared more for the technical case, though!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your life where you've showed compassion for a team member/ friend?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Great and friendly people. Interview process was very very simple. Just try and you'll probably get the position. Make sure you bring a copy of your resume for yourself and the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing you had to do in your last job   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Interview

Three part interview: behavioral, case, and coding. There was a different interviewer conducting each part.

Behavioral: basic behavioral interview

Case: overall challenging but not crazy. Questions were related to each other building up to a prompt about Capital One buying another company and the necessary technology needed to merge the two companies

Coding: very easy coding interview. there three questions: greedy, binary tree and architecture question

Interview Questions

• Why would a company buy another company? (case interview)   1 Answer
    • Given an array of coins and an objective, find the minimum amount of coins to get to the objective   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you disagree with a teammate and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and welcoming. The majority of the questions were behavioral, and they asked for a lot of examples of past leadership experiences and past challenges circumstances.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Detailed but well organized. The recruiter was clear about the process and the expectations. Make sure you use the materials the recruiter provides to help you in the interview.Detailed but well organized. The recruiter was clear about the process and the expectations. Make sure you use the materials the recruiter provides to help you in the interview.

Business Underwriting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I had a phone screening interview where the recruiter just went through the job expectations, salary info, benefits package and asked a few simple questions. Was a lot of me listening and asking her questions. Then I took a virtual job tryout, and have yet to hear back anything from that.