Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,110 Interview Reviews

3.1

Senior Associate, Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

It was a great experience up until the very end. Let me explain:

I get a call from a recruiter, and we just briefly go over my resume and why I am making a change to a different company. The conversation went well so my next step was to take a math/verbal quiz before proceeding to the next step. I passed it, and then a few days later, I spoke with a manager from the department. We seemed to get along very well, so they decided to bring me in for a super-day the following week. I had back-to-backs with about 5-6 managers, and it was a great experience. Most of the questions were behavioral, situational, and some basic fixed income questions, which again, were manageable. I walked away thinking I hit it out of the park. I didn't get a call for at least a week so I reached out to the recruiter for an update. This is where my experience went extremely downhill. The recruiter said that everyone had a great time speaking with me, but it was ultimately decided that I was too senior for the role. That doesn't make sense because when I applied, I was just a risk analyst, not even senior. Additionally, many of the topics that I would touch upon on the new role, are things I never had experience with. I felt like it was a bs answer, and that my time was wasted from the beginning. They could have just looked at my resume from the beginning and ultimately decided that I was too senior, instead of waiting until the very end.

Brand Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

Had an initial call, then online assessment, another call, and finally a full day of interviews with about 6 members of the team. The recruiter gives details instructions every step of the way. Follow instructions to the T and you will be fine.

Really enjoyed meeting everyone and learning more about this awesome company. I had more thought provoking conversations in 1 day than I do in a year. I did not however feel it would be a 100% culture fit for me.

Audit Rotation Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Final round was a power day at the Richmond office. Met with three separate employees for fourty-five minutes each and then took a tour of the campus. Find out if you received the offer within a couple business days of interview day.

Commercial Bank Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 rounds. First one campus. Second was 3 interviews in office, two behavioral and one case based. Not expected to have high level of case knowledge like consulting, just looking for general business knowledge.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

first round consisted of 2 half hour back-to-back case interviews. they were very quick to respond with interview results. they emailed us on the same evening to let us know whether we made it to the second round or not. overall smooth recruitment process. current associates were great, very sociable

Interview Questions

• First round cases were very quantitative. Both included a breakeven analysis.   Answer Question

Management Rotation Program Interview

Interview

University recruiting, in-person interview round 1, power day round 2 on-site. Recruiter was nice - asks you to frame your answers in a very specific way which I did not like.

Interview Questions

Interview

The day consisted of three consecutive interviews: behavioral, case, and technical. The behavioral one was "tell me about a time" format, the case one was a business technology scenario, and the technical one was coding.

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting and then was selected for an on site interview. The recruiter I worked with as well as everyone else I met was amazing! I think that Capital One really does an amazing job of connecting with and supporting their candidates through the interview process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview. 3 interviews: case, coding, and behavioral. All relaxed and relatively easy. Called me a few days later with an offer. Offer is 92k and 10k signing bonus.

Interview Questions

• return a string representation of a number, design classes for customer accounts, tell if a BST is valid.   Answer Question

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Ontario, CA).

Interview

I had to go through my CV and explain why I was right for the role. This involved talking about education, work history, why I applied for capital one and relevant experience for the job.