Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017
2,770 Interview Reviews

3.1

HR Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The people I interviewed with were very unfriendly, rushed and didn't have time to answer my questions. Even the recruited I worked with was rude via email and didn't keep me updated during the interview process. All of the people I talked too acted like they were too good and didn't want to hire an external candidate for the position. Very rude, non-responsive and big egos, I was asked to talk to several people and not one of them was helpful, nice or seemed interested. All mentioned there were "other internal candidates" applying. Hard to get in this company as external hire.

Interview Questions

• A lot of dumb questions. One interviewer talked about herself the whole time.   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Received an email for an interview invitation. They set everything up including travel, meal expenses and hotel room. The interview is 3 part like the guides indicate and the questions were along the same lines as described.

Interview Questions

• Case interview: given information on businesses how would you act?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

6 rounds of one-on-one interviews: 2 business case, 2 job fit, 1 behavioral, 1 role play. Case, behavioral, and role play are predictable as long as you do your homework and read through other reviews. Job fit is highly flexible--the managers may ask anything relevant to your resume and your background. I failed on job fit. Be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Job fit is highly flexible--the managers may ask anything relevant to your resume and your background. I failed on job fit. Be prepared.   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied online and got a campus interview, after that they flew me to their office for a final round. Both the on campus and the final round were case based. One case for first round and 2 cases plus a product interview (only done at capital one unlike other stuff) for the final day.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a case where you need to make easy calculations at first, then you are given more information and make more calculations, and then from there you give a recommendation.   1 Answer

Technical Director Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Very nice and friendly. Offered a lot of feedback. Interview questions were the same as those posted in previous Glassdoor posts. Interviewed on campus which consisted of three 45 minute rounds of behavioral, technical, and case interview.

Interview Questions

• Design question: How would you design a customer support chat interface?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I talked for about 30 minutes about my portfolio, the interviewer asked some clarifying questions about the problems in the projects and my solutions. Then we talked about the positions and why I applied.

Interview Questions

• What were the problems you needed to solve in a design project, what steps did you take to solve it?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

applied online, did a phone interview with recruiter, then did in person interview and was asked behavioral based interview questions. heard back in a few days. they interview large number of people at a time for a starting class of about 20-27 people.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Interview

First round with recruiter over phone. Second round was on campus and consisted of 2 case interviews with some behavioral questions in each. Cases were straightforward with quantitative focus. Calculator was provided.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you went out of the way to help and support a team member   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

There was a case study and we had to go over a situation. It took about an hour and we were able to ask question after. They interviewer explained the culture of Capital One and the company culture was big on taking initiative and trying new things

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Phone interview, then face to face with branch manager and district manager. It was focused on taking care of the customer, how I did it in previous positions. Very pleasant interview process, they gave a good explanation of company expectations

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exceeded a customers expectations   Answer Question