Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,705 Interview Reviews

3.1

Digital Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

At the beginning, I was highly impressed by the folder I was handed by HR - A nice agenda for the day and the people I am going to meet! I could have never predicted what was going to happen next:

The HR coordinator said that I'm supposed to have lunch with one of my interviewers. However, he was an hour late and asked that we eat separately.

Then, during the interview, he had one earpiece in on a conference call.

Overall it was good and I was asked a few days later to take a computerized test. I was informed that I passed it and then I never heard back from the company, despite various communication attempts on my end.

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX).

Interview

I came in through a referral and from a target school (Berkeley) of Capital One's TDP Program. As a result, I was expedited to a final round interview and flown to Texas for a full day. The interview consisted of 3 parts - behavioral, case question, and technical. The technical question was extremely easy to solve as compared to other Bay Area tech company interviews, and it seems like they deemphasized technical prowess in favor of job fit and overall team-working ability. However every other aspect of the interview went smoothly, the recruiter was communicative and no obstacles with the process itself.

Interview Questions

• Given list of classes for 1 person, design an algorithm to return the optimal schedule.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Reached out to a recruiter and I flew to Virginia for a super day. Flight and all expenses paid. There was a behavioral interview, fit interview, and a case study. The interviewers were very friendly and did not ask questions that were too difficult. Make sure to have questions prepared as they seemed very interested and eager to answer them. Case studies involved basic algebra for break even analysis, but information to solve the case is only verbally given to you so it is easy to make mistakes. Make sure to be organized in your scrap sheet of paper as this is collected and perhaps analyzed. Following the interview we had a tour of the campus and lunch with some associates. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied online, and got a onsite within a week. They flew me out to one of their campuses and I spent half a day interviewing. The interview had 3 parts: Behavioral, Case Interview and Technical Interview. You get them in random order and you get a break between each one.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were similar to the questions already posted on glassdoor.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

applied online and through college. Easy process and I got an email telling me that I was available for an interview and I could specify when the interview was. I am trying to fill up the thirty word minimum for this section and I am surprised I have not filled it up yet.

Interview Questions

• questions about unix commands as well as a coding puzzle dealing with parentheses matching. The interviewers were great and it was a great atmosphere that was provided to me.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

After one month I submitted my resume on campus recruiting website, I receive an email to do a Data Challenge. Gives 4 days to finish and mainly about data analysis, machine learning, and statistics modeling. You can use any software / language to conduct the analysis. All questions are "open answers" question. Especially the last question you have four options and just need to answer one of these.

Interview Questions

• Doing a project about New York City taxis data. Firstly do some basic summary statistics and box-plots. Next one is to ask you to identify which trips are from / to the three airports in NYC. Then asking you to build predictions models for tips to the driver. There are like 20 variables include continuous and categorical variables. Last question you have 4 options, I choose the data visualization one, which is plot the pickup and drop-off locations for taxis, but also need to customize some settings to make it more informative.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter out of the blue. Several phone interviews later and they flew me out to Virginia. Interview process was intense! I've never experienced the full day interview like Capital One. All VP's and Senior Directors I encountered were top notch and the recruiter was on top of the process. Even though I didn't get the position, it was a positive experience and I'll likely look at Capital One in the future.

Practice basic behavioral interview questions and scenarios related to the position you're applying for.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Capital One? Other behavioral questions...   Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Submitted my application online, and a few weeks later I received a call from a recruiter to set up an on site interview at the McLean campus. They flew me in and put me up in a nice hotel for a night, and my interview was the day after.

First came an informal lunch with two former TDP members, now full time employees, and other applicants.

Then the interviews begin after a short break. There are three interviews, each around 45 minutes long: case interview, job fit interview, and behavioral interview.

The behavioral interview is very straightforward. Just answer questions about past situations and any follow up questions. Explain why you did what you did, and use the STAR format in your answers.

The job fit interview is a standard technical interview. If you know your data structures, then it's not difficult.

The case interview is the only thing I'm somewhat bitter about. It was a completely financial case, and unless you're familiar with them, it is very stressful and confusing. I barely arrived at the answer, and by the end of the interview any positivity the interviewer had was gone and he was constantly peeking at his phone. The materials provided by Capital One to practice for the case interview are insufficient, so you'll have to find practice materials elsewhere.

Overall, though, the experience was pleasant, and this seems like an awesome company to work for. I'll definitely be applying for a full time position next year.

Product Manager and Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

On campus interview after applying through school portal. There was a quick 30 minute case question with both quantitative and qualitative questions asked followed by the interviewer answering questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Find the breakeven cost of an online campaign or local event   Answer Question

Rotation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Solely Case Interview, not hard but need to be calm to do easy math. Response is very quick, with in one week. Case contain lots of quantitative questions and ask you to draw some graph. need to be careful.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Capital One Digital Product Owner Interview New York, NY What is my process
Capital One Technology Development Program Interview Austin, TX Given list of classes for 1 person, design an algorithm to return the optimal schedule.
Capital One Finance Interview Richmond, VA What is your proudest achievement?
Capital One Finance Interview Richmond, VA Describe a time when you had to convince a group
Capital One Finance Interview Richmond, VA What motivates you
Capital One Intern Interview Most of the questions were similar to the questions already posted on glassdoor.
Capital One Intern Interview questions about unix commands as well as a coding puzzle dealing with parentheses matching. The interviewers were great and it was a great atmosphere that was provided to me.
Capital One Data Analyst Interview Doing a project about New York City taxis data. Firstly do some basic summary statistics and box-plots. Next one is to ask you to identify which trips are from / to the three airports in NYC. Then asking you to build predictions models for tips to the driver. There are like 20 variables include continuous and categorical variables. Last question you have 4 options, I choose the data visualization one, which is plot the pickup and drop-off locations for taxis, but also need to customize some settings to make it more informative.
Capital One Director Interview Richmond, VA What do you know about Capital One? Other behavioral questions...
Capital One Technology Development Program Interview Add two numbers represented as linked lists
Capital One Technology Development Program Interview Tree traversal
Capital One Technology Development Program Interview Design a system for job applications
Capital One Technology Development Program Interview Given a situation, decide which of two companies would save the most money.
Capital One Product Manager and Analyst Interview Find the breakeven cost of an online campaign or local event
Capital One Rotation Interview just some case question