Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Commercial Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was pretty smooth and straightforward. I applied online and a couple of weeks later I was contacted by an in-house recruiter who set up a screening call. The recruiter asked me about my past related experience and explained the interview process. About one week after that I was contacted to schedule an in-person interview with the team. I went in person to the office for a super day of interviews with several team members. I was asked a variety of behavioral and technical questions since I'm an experienced hire. The following week HR called to schedule the last round of interviews. I spoke with a few more members of the team. One day after that I was extended an offer. The timeframe from when I applied to the time I got the offer was about a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Commercial Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY).

Interview

invited to capital one dinner where we spoke to employees, old and new. free to ask questions and talk about yourself

Interview Questions

• nothing to difficult just the usual - when did you lead the team. how to deal with bad team members etc   1 Answer

Commercial Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (Boston, MA).

Interview

This was the most bizarre and drawn out process I have experienced. Several phone interviews. Little to no communication on when next interview was coming. Finally went into a “power day”, which is a panel interview set-up. Direct Manager seemed nice. Her boss (Director) was arrogant, and asked me the same question repeatedly. It was clear they were trying to get down to a specific answer, but my philosophy was different from theirs. She said, “well let’s move on from that question so that you don’t start making up an answer”. As an established professional, it turned me off, and I felt it was highly insulting. In the end, they wanted me to come back for another interview, I declined.

Also, money out of pocket spent on parking, food, etc while overnight for the interview took over a month to be reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• We give you a book of 100 accounts, how do you organize?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the YOU not in this resume?   Answer Question

Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I went through a series of 5 interviews on 4 different occasions. The first 4 interviews went well and each time I was 'cleared' to move on to the next interview. The final interview was with one of the executives who gave an awkward interview and kept me there for two hours. About 2-weeks later, Capital One turned me down for the position, and the whole process ended up being a huge waste of time and inconvenience. The way the company's representatives led me through such a lengthy interviewing process was very unprofessional. There's no reason they couldn't have made a decision earlier in the process and saved everyone a lot of time and effort.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Brookings, SD) in July 2016.

Interview

An interview committee of three members of upper management interviewed me. They asked me various questions about my use and comfort level using technology, and how my teaching background would be beneficial in this job as a corporate trainer. As of today, (August 3, 2016), I am waiting to hear if I got the job or not. I left the interview feeling very hopeful.

Interview Questions

• How would I motivate an employee who was not performing his or her duties? What was the most difficult situation I ever encountered as a manager?   1 Answer

Outbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

Job fair at Capital One site. Multi interviews regarding different aspects. Computer tests and one on one review of experience. Well planned. Interview review of resume, then computer testing (2 hrs) Phone interview was further screening...offer job next day. But not clear on job duties while at the fair.

Interview Questions

• None. Very basic questions that are rather reviews about your resume. The roll play was much easier to pass than other industries. I overwhelmed them, but I was over qualified. Bad for me as the position was frustrating because of that...for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NOOOO negotiation.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

It was simply a phone interview with a Director and Manager. FT employees can't meet contractors in person. They both seemed very busy and were just going through the motions because they needed someone there as quickly as possible

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.

(and then they described the role)   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview via email with agency for Capital One. I was able to provide my documentation and application online and complete any questions online. I interviewed with the Capital One person who was authorized to approve my hire. As a Contractor, I can only communicate with the agency representative for Capital One. It was easy to communicate with the contracting agency about the job but I found it also easy to inform them of any trends at Capital One so they will be better informed of the working environment and attitude of the company and be able to meet or offer services to meet those needs.

Negotiation

Simple. Employment is better than no employment during the current Deep Recession.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was long and drawn out for over six weeks. First started with a screening call from HR. Then had to take an online assessment determining competence in reading comprehension and math. Next there was a phone interview with one of the members of the department, which asked very basic questions about my background. Then two weeks after the phone interview was an on-site interview at the West Creek campus, with six separate interviews scheduled. The interviewers were pleasant and most seemed interested in knowing more about me, but one did not seemed interested at all. While she was nice, she only asked me three questions, behavioral type questions like what would you do in this situation, and then did not let me ask her any questions. My last interview of the day ended up being canceled because unfortunately that interviewer got sick. Before I left, the recruiter I had been working with throughout this process came and spoke to me and told me that he would call me that Friday regardless of the decision (the interview was on a Wednesday). I also had a question for him that he could not answer at that time, so he asked me to email him to remind him. I emailed him the question, but never heard back from him for an answer. I also did not receive a call from the recruiter like he said. In fact, I did not hear anything from anyone at Capital One for another two weeks when the recruiter finally emailed me telling me that they went with someone with more relevant experience. The reason I'm rating this as a negative experience is because the whole process was drawn out too long, and for the silence after the interview despite being specifically told by the recruiter that he would call me that Friday, and that he would answer questions that I had after the interviews, which he never answered. Overall, I felt that I was lead on for almost two months through an unnecessarily drawn out process.

Interview Questions

Interview

I had a recruiter screening via phone. From there, I was asked to take a timed test (3 sepate sections covering reading comprehension, math, and behavioral). Upon passing the test, I attended an interview day (called a power day) with several other candidates. Interview questions were a mix of behavioral scenarios and job fit conversations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you improved a process.   1 Answer