Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,517 Interview Reviews

3.1

Commercial Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY).

Interview

invited to capital one dinner where we spoke to employees, old and new. free to ask questions and talk about yourself

Interview Questions

• nothing to difficult just the usual - when did you lead the team. how to deal with bad team members etc   1 Answer

Commercial Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (Boston, MA).

Interview

This was the most bizarre and drawn out process I have experienced. Several phone interviews. Little to no communication on when next interview was coming. Finally went into a “power day”, which is a panel interview set-up. Direct Manager seemed nice. Her boss (Director) was arrogant, and asked me the same question repeatedly. It was clear they were trying to get down to a specific answer, but my philosophy was different from theirs. She said, “well let’s move on from that question so that you don’t start making up an answer”. As an established professional, it turned me off, and I felt it was highly insulting. In the end, they wanted me to come back for another interview, I declined.

Also, money out of pocket spent on parking, food, etc while overnight for the interview took over a month to be reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• We give you a book of 100 accounts, how do you organize?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the YOU not in this resume?   Answer Question

Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I went through a series of 5 interviews on 4 different occasions. The first 4 interviews went well and each time I was 'cleared' to move on to the next interview. The final interview was with one of the executives who gave an awkward interview and kept me there for two hours. About 2-weeks later, Capital One turned me down for the position, and the whole process ended up being a huge waste of time and inconvenience. The way the company's representatives led me through such a lengthy interviewing process was very unprofessional. There's no reason they couldn't have made a decision earlier in the process and saved everyone a lot of time and effort.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Brookings, SD) in July 2016.

Interview

An interview committee of three members of upper management interviewed me. They asked me various questions about my use and comfort level using technology, and how my teaching background would be beneficial in this job as a corporate trainer. As of today, (August 3, 2016), I am waiting to hear if I got the job or not. I left the interview feeling very hopeful.

Interview Questions

• How would I motivate an employee who was not performing his or her duties? What was the most difficult situation I ever encountered as a manager?   1 Answer

Outbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

Job fair at Capital One site. Multi interviews regarding different aspects. Computer tests and one on one review of experience. Well planned. Interview review of resume, then computer testing (2 hrs) Phone interview was further screening...offer job next day. But not clear on job duties while at the fair.

Interview Questions

• None. Very basic questions that are rather reviews about your resume. The roll play was much easier to pass than other industries. I overwhelmed them, but I was over qualified. Bad for me as the position was frustrating because of that...for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NOOOO negotiation.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

It was simply a phone interview with a Director and Manager. FT employees can't meet contractors in person. They both seemed very busy and were just going through the motions because they needed someone there as quickly as possible

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.

(and then they described the role)   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview via email with agency for Capital One. I was able to provide my documentation and application online and complete any questions online. I interviewed with the Capital One person who was authorized to approve my hire. As a Contractor, I can only communicate with the agency representative for Capital One. It was easy to communicate with the contracting agency about the job but I found it also easy to inform them of any trends at Capital One so they will be better informed of the working environment and attitude of the company and be able to meet or offer services to meet those needs.

Negotiation

Simple. Employment is better than no employment during the current Deep Recession.

Interview

I had a recruiter screening via phone. From there, I was asked to take a timed test (3 sepate sections covering reading comprehension, math, and behavioral). Upon passing the test, I attended an interview day (called a power day) with several other candidates. Interview questions were a mix of behavioral scenarios and job fit conversations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you improved a process.   1 Answer

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Behavioral Interviews give you the opportunity to share detailed information about how you've performed in previous work-related situations. We'll ask you to share examples of specific situations that you've encountered and dealt with in the past. Most interviews are scheduled for one hour and may include up to four questions.

Your interviewer will be interested in specific situations and the actions you took to address them. When responding to Behavioral Interview questions it will be helpful to follow a SITUATION, ACTION and RESULT approach.

Interview Questions

• Mostly comprised of a simple test on Data interpretation(Basic) and then a few case interviews on the topics given on the website such as Capital one Products like Auto loans, Credit cards, Mortgages. The case interview is led by you so asking the right questions is important and it's important to write everything as you do it and show your work.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume on the job site and was called by a recruiter the following day to set up a 30 min chat. After the chat I took the IQ and Personality test (I'd highly recommend reviewing the review-material they send you!!). Once I found out I passed the tests I spoke directly with the Sr. Director (who I'd be reporting to). We had another 30 min chat, then I was brought in for the "Power Day" of interviews (which ended up being about 2.5 weeks after the original phone call with the recruiter). The power day consisted of 2 1:1 interviews with a bunch of "tell me about a time when..." questions, and then a "Job Fit" interview. All were 45 mins (with 1 45 min break). I was called a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to implement a new process? Be as detailed as possible.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how did you recover?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but do your research, they seem to be VERY fair employers.