Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,108 Interview Reviews

3.1

Senior Associate, Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

It was a great experience up until the very end. Let me explain:

I get a call from a recruiter, and we just briefly go over my resume and why I am making a change to a different company. The conversation went well so my next step was to take a math/verbal quiz before proceeding to the next step. I passed it, and then a few days later, I spoke with a manager from the department. We seemed to get along very well, so they decided to bring me in for a super-day the following week. I had back-to-backs with about 5-6 managers, and it was a great experience. Most of the questions were behavioral, situational, and some basic fixed income questions, which again, were manageable. I walked away thinking I hit it out of the park. I didn't get a call for at least a week so I reached out to the recruiter for an update. This is where my experience went extremely downhill. The recruiter said that everyone had a great time speaking with me, but it was ultimately decided that I was too senior for the role. That doesn't make sense because when I applied, I was just a risk analyst, not even senior. Additionally, many of the topics that I would touch upon on the new role, are things I never had experience with. I felt like it was a bs answer, and that my time was wasted from the beginning. They could have just looked at my resume from the beginning and ultimately decided that I was too senior, instead of waiting until the very end.

Brand Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

Had an initial call, then online assessment, another call, and finally a full day of interviews with about 6 members of the team. The recruiter gives details instructions every step of the way. Follow instructions to the T and you will be fine.

Really enjoyed meeting everyone and learning more about this awesome company. I had more thought provoking conversations in 1 day than I do in a year. I did not however feel it would be a 100% culture fit for me.

Commercial Bank Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 rounds. First one campus. Second was 3 interviews in office, two behavioral and one case based. Not expected to have high level of case knowledge like consulting, just looking for general business knowledge.

Audit Rotation Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Final round was a power day at the Richmond office. Met with three separate employees for fourty-five minutes each and then took a tour of the campus. Find out if you received the offer within a couple business days of interview day.

Management Rotation Program Interview

Interview

University recruiting, in-person interview round 1, power day round 2 on-site. Recruiter was nice - asks you to frame your answers in a very specific way which I did not like.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

first round consisted of 2 half hour back-to-back case interviews. they were very quick to respond with interview results. they emailed us on the same evening to let us know whether we made it to the second round or not. overall smooth recruitment process. current associates were great, very sociable

Interview Questions

• First round cases were very quantitative. Both included a breakeven analysis.   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting and then was selected for an on site interview. The recruiter I worked with as well as everyone else I met was amazing! I think that Capital One really does an amazing job of connecting with and supporting their candidates through the interview process.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I had a nearly identical experience as the poster directly below me. Excellent process (very informal and conversational), knocked it out of the park, and was rejected after days later after the recruiter failed to contact me for a week. Interviews like these, that are extensive and require time off of work, are such a sad waste of time, and money- the company is paying quite a bit to fly you out to their headquarters. I have to say that I’m overall disgusted at the end of it all. I’ve never felt so led on following an interview before. One of the interviewers even said to me “when you start working here, you’ll see...” what a bunch of fake bs!!! Have some respect for the people you’re bringing in to interview. Btw, I was offered a much better position at a different company paying a lot more than they were offering. I would NEVER work here after the experience I went through.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Staten Island, NY).

Interview

Saw the job posting online. Applied directly through the website. Received an e-mail from HR about scheduling a phone interview. A couple of days later, we did the interview. It was very basic. Why are you looking for work here? Tell us about yourself? Previous experiences? Etc etc. Asked me to come in for an in-person interview at a local branch. Met with the branch manager and the head teller. Very straight forward process.

Interview Questions

Interview

The day consisted of three consecutive interviews: behavioral, case, and technical. The behavioral one was "tell me about a time" format, the case one was a business technology scenario, and the technical one was coding.