Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017
2,758 Interview Reviews

3.1

Technical Director Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Very nice and friendly. Offered a lot of feedback. Interview questions were the same as those posted in previous Glassdoor posts. Interviewed on campus which consisted of three 45 minute rounds of behavioral, technical, and case interview.

Interview Questions

• Design question: How would you design a customer support chat interface?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

6 rounds of one-on-one interviews: 2 business case, 2 job fit, 1 behavioral, 1 role play. Case, behavioral, and role play are predictable as long as you do your homework and read through other reviews. Job fit is highly flexible--the managers may ask anything relevant to your resume and your background. I failed on job fit. Be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Job fit is highly flexible--the managers may ask anything relevant to your resume and your background. I failed on job fit. Be prepared.   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied online and got a campus interview, after that they flew me to their office for a final round. Both the on campus and the final round were case based. One case for first round and 2 cases plus a product interview (only done at capital one unlike other stuff) for the final day.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a case where you need to make easy calculations at first, then you are given more information and make more calculations, and then from there you give a recommendation.   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I talked for about 30 minutes about my portfolio, the interviewer asked some clarifying questions about the problems in the projects and my solutions. Then we talked about the positions and why I applied.

Interview Questions

• What were the problems you needed to solve in a design project, what steps did you take to solve it?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

applied online, did a phone interview with recruiter, then did in person interview and was asked behavioral based interview questions. heard back in a few days. they interview large number of people at a time for a starting class of about 20-27 people.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

There was a case study and we had to go over a situation. It took about an hour and we were able to ask question after. They interviewer explained the culture of Capital One and the company culture was big on taking initiative and trying new things

Business Manager Interview

Interview

First round with recruiter over phone. Second round was on campus and consisted of 2 case interviews with some behavioral questions in each. Cases were straightforward with quantitative focus. Calculator was provided.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you went out of the way to help and support a team member   Answer Question

Diretor-Commercial Credit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

Initial Phone screen by Headhunter. Passed on to Interview at Corporate Headquarters (5 Interviews). Two follow-up phone interviews with Sr. Leadership and had to submit a Credit write-up to be reviewed for content knowledge.

Interview Questions

• what were my experiences with a "Start-Up" business and what areas would I focus on?   1 Answer

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Phone interview, then face to face with branch manager and district manager. It was focused on taking care of the customer, how I did it in previous positions. Very pleasant interview process, they gave a good explanation of company expectations

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exceeded a customers expectations   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

I sat in a room in Tysons Corner headquarter with a screen and Skyped with a person in Richmond. He asked me many questions about different scenarios and how I, not a team or a partner, reacted in those scenarios. He was rude, disbelieving, repeated my answers back to me as if they were lies, and repeated himself multiple times. I was very close to getting up and walking out, and knew then that the company was bureaucratic and political.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were in an all-day meeting and people needed to get in touch with you about a different project?   Answer Question