Capital One Financial Rotation Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Financial Rotation Program Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience. The campus locates in Richmond, VA is huge with very nice interview environment. Each of the interviewees has a small room and interviewer will come direct to you. The on site interview has a long schedule, which I did four interviews in one morning. It was tired.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with the project outside of your comfort zone?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Started with a 40 minute phone interview with a recruiter. At the end of the interview, I was invited to go out to Virginia for the final 4 interviews.

First Interview- Job fit. Basically questions about your past and how you came to apply.
    Second interview- Case. I was working in a commercial bank with a diversified portfolio of loans. Someone wants a loan to open a McDonalds in a new Airport terminal. What are the risks associated with operating a McDonalds inside an airport. Then, with the loan at 4%, how much interest will the McDonalds be paying every year.

They then give you an alternative McDonalds, with a higher rate. Hint: What they are looking for here is attention to P/L and how it effects the balance sheet and further, how the equity is effected in the market.

Third Interview- Behavioral. She was a little late, but otherwise looked uninterested. These were situational questions. Like, Tell me about a time when....

Fourth Interview- Case. (I had to do an additional one since I didn't get recruited on Campus)
    Affinity credit card. Tie a credit cared to your school. You pay the school X amount per year. You get 12% in APR and $20 in annual fees. Your costs are a,b,c. (Cost of funds, SGL and default rate)

Then, the school wants to buy the entire program. They offer you $15 per card holder, using the information you have, figure out what a negotiator should expect to offer.

Everyone was nice and relatively friendly.

Financial Rotation Program Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One in January 2012.

Interview

Turned in resume to the recruiter and was asked to interview. The interview was a case interview on campus about credit cards and two different segments of credit card users. It had some break even analysis. The interviewer helps you out if you run into any kinks during the process and you are allowed to use a calculator which they provide. You may also bring your own.

Interview Questions

• How much would group x have to borrow to be as profitable as group y?   Answer Question

Financial Rotation Program Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2011.

Interview

Pretty easy case interview. As long as you understand the question, you will solve it....I feel kind of nervous at the first beginning, so make some silly mistakes, but overall it is pretty easy comparing to other case interview.