Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,028 of over 1.0K interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Caterpillar

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Bangalore) in Apr 2017

Interview

Interview process was really nice . More interactive with person to understand and casual way of asking the question what is the process flow which has been shown in the drg

Interview Questions
  • what is the process flow which has been shown in the drg
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Caterpillar (United States)

Interview

Nice professionally done, but after three years you maybe without a job. They move you around every year for the first three years. The work was very stressful. They want a lot from you. My internship day was eye opening and scary. They talk like they are great in reality they are hard to work for.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you get low grades in college

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at Caterpillar (United States)

Interview

Very thorough and in depth interview. It took three hours total time with one hour each with different people. It was a very good process but long. I was mentally tired when I left.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at Caterpillar (United States)

Interview

STAR, Situation, Task, Action and Results. Behavioral tendencies through specific experiences. Typically one hour with a panel of three. The process works best when the interviewer is as engaged as the interviewee.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What were your actions?

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar (United States)

Interview

Very details & subject-oriented. Problem-solving skills ver tested at length. Pressure test & group discussions. There is an engineering tradition that is respected and encouraged. Not discouraged to share or contradict viewpoints.

Interview Questions
  • There were three levels of MCQ of 5 different subjects including aptitute.

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Caterpillar (United States)

Interview

It was good! The interviewers are very down-to-earth and interested in learning about you. There were around 8-10 questions for this position. You will need to answer the questions in the STAR method.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you worked with someone that has a different opinion than you

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at Caterpillar (United States)

Interview

Prepare for STAR format interview. Behavior based questions. Interviews are informal and take less than an hour. Practice talking about situations from past jobs. Also don't bother applying if you cannot pass a drug screen

Interview Questions
  • Topics included Safety, Quality, Working with Others. How is your attendance and why are you leaving your current job.

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at Caterpillar (United States)

Interview

The interview was as expected and very smooth. The interview included two employees and I. The interview took around 45 minutes and took place in a conference room. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you had to lead a group through a difficult problem or situation.

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at Caterpillar (United States)

Interview

Very brief, virtual due to covid. Two thoughtful recruiting managers that were engaged in my answers and replies. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and I was fortunate enough to receive an offer for a summer internship.

Interview Questions
  • Basic review of behavioral questions should suffice for practice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at Caterpillar (United States)

Interview

Interview was mainly star questions. Two people that interviewed you and asked brief questions about resume. Overall friendly and decent interview but come prepared for the star format question style

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar (United States)

Interview

worst interview process with in-depth star format !!! i which is unnecessary to have in-depth experiences no one can answer them have faced many behavioral interviews but this is far more ….. no technical questions only behavioral .. be prepared with panel of 4 or more.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1028 Interviews