Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,257 of over 1,257.0 interviews

Campus Recruiting35%
Recruiter8%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Dubai)

Interview

Pretty straightforward interview process, interviewer was friendly, firstly you'll have to complete an online assessment then they'll let you know whether or not you've been shortlisted for the screening round which is through MS Teams, If you make it to the technical interview, learn the STAR technique to answer behavioral interview questions, basically they are questions about how you have behaved in the past, Specifically, they are about how you have handled certain work situations.

Interview Questions
  • Screening round questions: Introduce yourself ,name 3 of your soft skills, how would your professors/friends describe you
    Answer Question

Caterpillar

Application

I interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview

First I spoke with the hiring manager to see if Im a good fit for the company. After 2 weeks I got invited for the second interview with a team of engineers to see where I would be a best fit. The first interview was just to ask me about myself and why I want to work for CAT. Second was technical questions based on my project experience.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for CAT?
2 people found this interview helpful

Caterpillar

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview

Three interviews. First two were 30 minute interviews to get to know your experiences and interests. Last interview was with a panel of three engineers asking questions about your experiences.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you experienced a difficult group member and how did you deal with the situation.

Caterpillar

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview

I applied through college during a job fair and was asked to complete a job application online too after I gave them my resume, I received a phone call many days later to schedule an interview then I interviewed over the phone in the morning.

Interview Questions
  • walk me through your resume and the remaining questions were behavioral

Caterpillar

Application

I interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview

Nice process , tough process, std related to design ask by interviver, three level of interview, ask design std in details for design, UL std asked by them in details

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Caterpillar

Application

I interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview

Thorough interview with a great insight on the company. Their team was actively engaged from start to finish. I encourage job seekers to apply for an opportunity with Cat. I look forward to the opportunity if I’m selected.

Interview Questions
  • Give me a time where you had to work with a hostile employee. How did you handle the situation.

Caterpillar

Application

I interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview

STAR Format with minimal chit chat. Overall, I can't complain because I had the chance to discuss whatever I wanted at the beginning. There's not a lot of leading questions though, so you have to be prepared for that.

Interview Questions
  • How would I deal with difficult suppliers, customers, or co-workers

Caterpillar

Application

I interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview

Straightforward behavioral interview, make sure to answer in the STAR format for best results. Should be easy if you can ace that. If you can, try to have a good set of examples setup to answer behavioral questions beforehand.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Caterpillar

Application

I interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview

Technical exam followed by technical interview with design and analysis questions.exam is with basic mechanical questions only.in interview very intense technical questions are asked. Interviewers communicated very well and good and only questions relevant to the job role were asked.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Caterpillar

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview

Interview is the STAR process so be prepared to talk about your big projects and how it can relate to different categories. 1 hour interview and there were about 4 STAR format questions and then a general discussion.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,257 Interviews

Caterpillar Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Caterpillar as 72.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.96 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Engineer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and Mechanical Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Caterpillar takes an average of 22 days when considering 975 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 17 days), whereas Mechanical Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 23 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Caterpillar according to 975 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 19.52%