Caterpillar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Caterpillar

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Vellore (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through Campus, 3 rounds. Was easy. Covered basics. SInce it was student oriented interview, covered most of college project works and resume. one round of written technical round plus aptitude followed by group discussions. The last round was technical interview with the team lead/manager.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Targeted selection with difficult questions. Usually anywhere from 5-10 questions. Multi-panel interviews or rotation of multiple interviews. Can possibly take longer than expected - don't drink a lot of coffee right before!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you manager told you that you were not performing up to expectations.   5 Answers
    • Tell us about a when you had to deviate away from an established process and how it turned out. Was the process eventually changed or added to in order to include the deviation?   Answer Question

Patent Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

First met with the general counsel of the entire company and then visited the site where I met with several people in the IP department. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and it seemed like a great work environment and lifestyle.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I didn't feel a connection with the interviewer. She was very rushed into the questions and had a list of more than 10 questions in half an hour. Many of them even repeated answers, but it was almost like she had to get through all of them even if I repeated very similar answers for them.

Interview Questions

• If you failed to share information that is crucial to helping your team members, give an example of why and the outcome.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

The company will pay for most expenses that occurred during your interview time. They even pay for gas and lodging. The interview consists of 3 1:1 interviews with fellow engineers or engineering managers. They last 1 hr. and consist of general behavioral questions. Prep yourself with all the information you know CAT and your resume. Atmosphere was really relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have been a leader of a large group.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and was invited to an hour-long on-campus interview. The recruiters were incredibly friendly and made sure all my questions were answered before the interview ended. After that I received an offer for the program.

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in September 2009.

Interview

Got call from recruter, phone interview as I was in other state, asked me my C++ and OOD skills. Most of them were concepts and also asked me to give examples.

Interview Questions

• What is inheritage in OOD concept? Show an example how you used it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Took around 7 weeks. But got offered a position. Slow and painful process!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make an unpopular decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. Was a good offer!

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Aurora, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Nice people. Interviewed by HR, Super, 2 Team leads. 1 hour on Software fundamentals ... know your stuff. This was for a contract-to-hire position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or too difficult. Just long and inclusive of several software areas related to the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted contract. Never offered a permanent position. Left after 1 year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Champaign, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through a referral, process took a couple weeks. Two 1 hour interviews with 2 different interviewers. All behavioral questions which didn't allow me to show my technical skills even though I was applying for a software position. Never heard back even though the interviewer said they would keep me posted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to resolve a conflict within a group.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was pretty smooth. Just had a phone interview of about 45 minutes and that was it. I interviewed with one of the Team lead and the manger of the section. very casual interview. Be clear and explanatory

Interview Questions

• Basic questions of OO Prograaming. Questions of design patters and version control. expect a wierld question like "explaijn your passion for programming"   Answer Question