Caterpillar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

Painter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Decatur, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Lengthy steps multiple interviews survey questions online training courses drug test. Very nice and helpful. The security check takes over 30 minutes to get in to the building. The drug test was an odd process after being offered the job. They were very interested from the minute I walked in. It was a good experience never had such a free flowing interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Caterpillar in August 2017.

Interview

Be prepared to provide answers in the STAR format. Situation, Task, Assessment, Resolution.
    If you do not fully answer in the STAR format, they will give follow up questions . They allowed ample time for thought and consideration

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have quality checks in your daily work   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

It was very straightforward. It was back to back 30-minute interviews with 2 different individuals in technical marketing. I researched the company and was able to speak on current events. Their business is changing and they are looking for employees who share their vision of change and who want to make the world a better place. Seeing the big picture of building a bigger world is essential and if you can tie your experience to their vision you will stand out. Also, don't bring up current financial position.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call about a month later to set up a phone interview. All behavioral interview questions. The interviewer was very nice and professional. I liked her but unfortunately I was not prepared for that type of interview questions. I was very busy with my classes. If you prepare well for behavioral questions about team members, leadership ect , you will get a second round..

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult co worker and how did you handle that. Tell me about a time you did not agree with a team member etc..   Answer Question

Quality Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Athens, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Long interview asked several questions about your character and how you handle problems that occur without help from your supervisor. Two interview stages. One panel interview and one with direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you solved a problem on the job without calling the supervisor   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Interview process was intense. They have a qualifier exam, however most of the questions do not make sense. No personal questions are asked, which is fair... however the questions are not related to anything.

Interview Questions

• How long did it take you to solve a very challenging issue?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL).

Interview

I used to admire this awful company since I grew up in Peoria. But after being jerked around more times than I can count by this company and their interviewing process, I now know better.

The first interview was for a full-time position at their corporate headquarters and was an all-day interview. I was fresh out of grad school, and my dad bought me some nice interview clothes. I jumped through all their hoops and was told that I had passed and would here from them soon. Several months and lots of chasing later, they finally told me they didn't have a job at all and probably never would.

Another interview was for a contract position. I showed up and was nervous and had trouble remembering the person I was going to meet with. A cocky, mumbling guy (you know the type) made fun of me and made me look like an idiot.

Interview didn't go well. I was told I was too "low key" and that I didn't want the job.

There were a couple more, both contract jobs. One was a terrible help desk job that paid little and required unpaid overtime, which they justified by claiming it would help avoid burnout (really? How do you figure?). The other interview went ok, but as with the other job I had to nag the hell out of them to get them to tell me they weren't interested.

I gave up entirely on the company (they own Peoria, basically) and eventually relocated to Chicago. You can imagine how unexcited I was when I heard they were moving their headquarters to a town 15 miles away from me. I hope they go bankrupt.

Belcan Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Caterpillar (East Peoria, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the Belcan recruiter. Belcan managed the interview for me. Applying for the position, getting interview date, interview took approximately 3 weeks. It was a phone interview. Hiring manager(Engineering Supervisor), team lead took the interview. I was contacted again by the Belcan recruiter to notify me that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral question like how would you ensure best result or minimize error, how would handle extra pressure from customers, problem with co-worker etc. Team lead asked few technical questions like difference between emi receivers, spectrum analyzer, RF amplifier.   Answer Question

Sumer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Lafayette, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

Followed the STAR engineering interview process for each question. Fairly simple, straight forward. One question was related directly to what we would be partaking in at the company over the summer, so expect a job-related situational question.

Interview Questions

• You will be interacting with employees on the shop floor. What would you do if you receive a standoffish response from an employee?   Answer Question

Parts Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

They strictly use the STAR interview system. Pretty standard situational questions that they want answered with a real situation you have been involved with. Not difficult but just take some notes of some different work situations you have been involved in.