Chevron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2018

2.8

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

University recruiting followed by on-site visit with about 10 different younger employees. Offer took a long time to get and I had almost written them off after waiting so long.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Brief and straightforward.
    They asked a lot of STAR format questions and asked how I handled it and what did you learn.
    Discussed my educational background.
    What are your future goals.
    How do you work in a group.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you struggled to complete a project and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chevron (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Over coffee in Palo Alto we met and talked about the position. I was semi interested and not sure if I really wanted the job. But after being with the company 18 years I realize it was a good decision.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Applied online and had an initial phone interview split into 2 parts: one with a director covering behavioral questions and overall interest, the other was with a non-director covering technical questions on the industry and function.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Be ready for a long interview process. I applied online and was interviewed three months later. The official offer came three weeks after the interview. I practiced the STAR method for weeks and it really helped out.

Interview Questions

• Scripted behavioral questions. Interview was 45 minutes and I was asked about eight questions.   Answer Question

Geoscientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Behavioral question based interview. The interviewers asked lots of questions about things like what accomplishment are you most proud of and what was your greatest failure? The interviewers were very professional and allowed me to ask several questions about the company. Overall it was a good experience and I felt like I was a viable candidate and would be represented fairly by them to their company.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest failure? Why?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Applied through university, was contacted a couple days beforehand that I received an interview. Very typical interview, nice personable people who were really trying to get to know who I was. It felt comfortable but they were definitely looking for specific types of answers to questions.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Firstly, I signed up for an interview at the school's career fair. On the day, there was only one interviewer. The questions were mainly STAR questions and basic questions about the interviewee. In the end, the interviewer gave the interviewee a chance to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a colleague who does an amazing job?   Answer Question
    • In contrast, how would you deal with a colleague who does not put in effort that much?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron (San Marcos, TX).

Interview

Panel interview with 2 representatives from Chevron - one from Finance and the other from Human Resources. Interview questions were more behavioral and just one accounting question. Interview was on time and lasted for about 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• What will keep you up at night is you were Chevron's CFO?   1 Answer

New Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with half STAR questions and Half technical for a total of an hour. Never heard back. Technical questions were more industry related problems and how much could you apply your course knowledge to industry