Chevron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Interview Questions

Interviews at Chevron

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

My interview process contained a "mock" one on one interview with a recruiter. They interviewed using the STAR method. I then received a follow-up phone call interview where I was asked questions by 2 current Chevron engineers that questioned my resume and tested my knowledge,

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced during a project and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Interview

Mostly behavior based, some technical questions. Technical questions included questions about standard operating principles, rules and regulations etc. This interview lasted for 30 minutes. One technical lead and other non technical guy took my interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

I filled out a questionnaire online after meeting with a rep at my college and completed an online 1-hour interview with an engineer that worked at the Houston office location.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to write code to tell if a word was a palindrome   1 Answer

Finance MBA Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

2 phone screens with a case/technical portion and an in-person superday. Superday had 3 formal interviews, a breakfast with many members of the Finance department and a lunch with current FMBADP's

IT Professional Interview

Interview

On campus STAR method interview to gauge behavior followed by drug screen. Unfortunately and though proven ineffective, they have recently began incorporating CS fundamental questions for software engineering roles that can involve a little coding. These are pretty easy questions just to gauge your awarenesses.

Assistant Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Chevron (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

Monday - Friday

10 : 00 am - 6 : 00 pm

Open for discussion with hiring manager

Very fast paced, easy to train, could perform Assistant skills, motivated & very well entetgetic at job strategies

Interview Questions

• Did I have management skills   1 Answer
    • Did I know how to manage other people   1 Answer
    • Did I pass the drug screen   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

It was short but uncomfortable. The interview seemed like a formality, i.e. a decision to hire me was already made before the interview began. I cannot say for sure, but I was hired.

Finance Development Program Interview

Interview

Met them at campus career job fair. Applied through school job board. One on-campus interview with two representatives. Mainly behavioral questions with one technical question. The process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CFO of Chevron, what would keep you up at night?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

The interview was conducted through skype/ a similar video chat platform and included a case questions. For the case question, you were emailed a scenario and given 20 minutes to solve it. During that 20 minutes, the interviewers logged off and came back once the time was up so you could explain your answer.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, ie "can you explain a time you had to make a tough decision. what were the results?   Answer Question

Design Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Richmond, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Gave a 30 minute presentation, followed by a tour of the facilities. A two-on-one interview with management and a one-on-one interview with the director of the group. Dinner with a group of early career engineers at the end.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a partner or children?   1 Answer