Chevron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2018

2.8

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Applied online and had an initial phone interview split into 2 parts: one with a director covering behavioral questions and overall interest, the other was with a non-director covering technical questions on the industry and function.

Geoscientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Behavioral question based interview. The interviewers asked lots of questions about things like what accomplishment are you most proud of and what was your greatest failure? The interviewers were very professional and allowed me to ask several questions about the company. Overall it was a good experience and I felt like I was a viable candidate and would be represented fairly by them to their company.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest failure? Why?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Applied through university, was contacted a couple days beforehand that I received an interview. Very typical interview, nice personable people who were really trying to get to know who I was. It felt comfortable but they were definitely looking for specific types of answers to questions.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Firstly, I signed up for an interview at the school's career fair. On the day, there was only one interviewer. The questions were mainly STAR questions and basic questions about the interviewee. In the end, the interviewer gave the interviewee a chance to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a colleague who does an amazing job?   Answer Question
    • In contrast, how would you deal with a colleague who does not put in effort that much?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron (San Marcos, TX).

Interview

Panel interview with 2 representatives from Chevron - one from Finance and the other from Human Resources. Interview questions were more behavioral and just one accounting question. Interview was on time and lasted for about 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• What will keep you up at night is you were Chevron's CFO?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Interview

Submitted resume through college job site, first round on campus. About 30-45 min. I believe the second round takes place on site. Lots of technical questions. He had a list of questions and just sped through them. Wasn't interested in having a conversation.

IT Interview

Interview

Behavioral Phone Screen then technical. Mostly basic stuff i.e. past experience, describe a project ect. Technical questions were extremely easy and didn't require much practice beforehard. Any language was acceptable.

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview had mostly behavioral questions in the STAR method. For the most part, it was pretty conversational and lasted about 45 minutes with time to ask the interviewee questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to align your team's goal?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chevron in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was 75 minutes long. Interviewed with 2 individuals. The interview focused a lot on analytics, and the STAR-type responses. Make sure that you come prepared to answer the "Tell me about yourself", and "Why Chevron and the Oil and Gas Industry?". Completed a case study as well during the interview and discussed my findings and reasons for my decisions within the case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you analyzed data to make a decision, and how did you influence others using the data.   Answer Question

Finance Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron in October 2017.

Interview

One in-person, on-campus interview with 2 recruiters who took turns asking questions while the other took notes. Asked mostly behavioral style questions, but a few technical and industry specific questions were added in about basic finance and accounting concepts. Overall, very pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you were disappointed in yourself or in your performance?   Answer Question