Chevron Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Process Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

One hour with two interviewers. Very casual and conversational. This was the initial on-campus screening. The next step is the on-site interview with several team members. I was informed that the process would take up to two months. All behavioral based questions. They use the STAR method, so be prepared with examples. If you are comfortable in interviews, this part should be pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you worked with a group and had to go in a direction other than what you wanted.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Berkeley, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

On campus interview for new college hires. The people were polite and expectations well communicated. It was me and two representatives, and the atmosphere was relaxed.

The interview format focused on the STAR format. Situation Task Action Result. This is a common form of interviewing, and works pretty well when you have the experience they are looking for. The form focuses on specific examples of how you behaved in the past, not hypothetical situations on how you would behave.

This form was communicated ahead of time, but it was implied to cover a wide range of topics, from technical achievements to personal skills and leadership. The interview was completely skewed towards leadership. I did not get any questions on how to problem solve technical issues, but spent an hour talking about how to navigate people issues, both in softer interpersonal and leadership in tough times. This probably reflects the work required of an entry level process engineer at Chevron.

I suggest tailoring your narrative around hierarchical leadership experiences. I don't have a lot of experience where I was directly in charge and tried to instead focus on collaborative experiences. I don't know if they didn't like that strategy or just didn't like me but the result was that it didn't work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exhibited leadership in a stressful environment?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Was STAR questions not very hard basic behavioral questions. Hardest question was what makes you a good fit and such. Was very pleasant interview I I I I I i

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call the next week. After the phone screen, I went onsite for a panel interview. Interview was primarily behavioral, with focus on communication, teamwork, and leadership. At the end, I was given ample time to ask questions, in fact the interviewers kept encouraging me to ask more and more questions....overall it was a very positive experience. My chemistry with the interviewers was a large reason why I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to communicate a piece of bad news to your colleagues and superiors? How did you go about this communication?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation, set pay scale and benefits for the position I applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Colorado, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (University of Colorado, CO).

Interview

I had an on campus interview through our career services. It was a behavioral based interview with typical questions like explain a time I was on a team and had to make a decision that was not popular and explain how it turned out. They also asked me where I wanted to work and if I wanted to do downstream or upstream.

Interview Questions

• Probable the difficult team decision I mentioned earlier.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron (Nashville, TN) in September 2012.

Interview

I met with a Chevron representative at an on campus recruiting event. I went to the booth and spoke with the representative for about 30 minutes ranging from school, to extra-curriculars, to my future goals. Early on the next morning I got a call back to schedule an interview for the same day. The interview was at the end of Septermber, and I heard back from them in early November.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time that you convinced a team that you lead that your solution was better than theirs   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in University Park, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (University Park, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

There was one on-campus interview during the career fair week. Very informal, although I've heard that others had the STAR questions. My interview was just talking through my resume and what I've accomplished. The recruiters were very knowledgeable and friendly.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any in mine, but I've heard others get the STAR questions.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR head in Houston and then an in person panel interview at the refinery site. The panel consisted of four people from varying departments at the refinery.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chevron (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to set up an interview for the next day. Interviewed with the Engineering Manager, interviewed lasted about an hour. The interview was mainly centered around my background and resume. A few questions about things I had worked on before and a few behavioral ones as well. How do I manage my time?

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

A phone interview was scheduled for 30 minutes. The location was burnaby refinery and the job title was process engineering EIT.

Interview Questions

• How does your past work term experience relate to this position and the skills that can be translated over to this position from your past experiences.   3 Answers

No rotation