Chevron Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 15 of over 828 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chevron

Chevron

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

It was a two step interview process. First an on-campus meet and greet followed by the interview then a phone follow up. The on campus interview lasted for about 30 mins. The interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Give me a time you worked with a difficult team member and how did that go?
    1 Answer

Application

Interview

University recruiting followed by on-site visit with about 10 different younger employees. Offer took a long time to get and I had almost written them off after waiting so long.

Interview Questions
  • Everything was standard question from interviewing 101
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron (Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia) in Sep 2017

Interview

I applied online and was invited for an interview. They requested me to prepare a 15 minute presentation and the interview took roughly an hour. It was a panel discussion with Two engineers and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • They asked some technical questions such as, how do you fix a faulty pump?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (London, England, England) in Mar 2016

Interview

It was very laxed, conversational aimed mostly to ascertain if I had the technical skills to do the job. I was also tested on my knowledge of the company. Be your authentic self.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Burnaby, BC) in Nov 2015

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR head in Houston and then an in person panel interview at the refinery site. The panel consisted of four people from varying departments at the refinery.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron (Los Angeles, CA) in Oct 2015

Interview

One hour with two interviewers. Very casual and conversational. This was the initial on-campus screening. The next step is the on-site interview with several team members. I was informed that the process would take up to two months. All behavioral based questions. They use the STAR method, so be prepared with examples. If you are comfortable in interviews, this part should be pretty easy.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time when you worked with a group and had to go in a direction other than what you wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Berkeley, CA) in Sep 2015

Interview

On campus interview for new college hires. The people were polite and expectations well communicated. It was me and two representatives, and the atmosphere was relaxed. The interview format focused on the STAR format. Situation Task Action Result. This is a common form of interviewing, and works pretty well when you have the experience they are looking for. The form focuses on specific examples of how you behaved in the past, not hypothetical situations on how you would behave. This form was communicated ahead of time, but it was implied to cover a wide range of topics, from technical achievements to personal skills and leadership. The interview was completely skewed towards leadership. I did not get any questions on how to problem solve technical issues, but spent an hour talking about how to navigate people issues, both in softer interpersonal and leadership in tough times. This probably reflects the work required of an entry level process engineer at Chevron. I suggest tailoring your narrative around hierarchical leadership experiences. I don't have a lot of experience where I was directly in charge and tried to instead focus on collaborative experiences. I don't know if they didn't like that strategy or just didn't like me but the result was that it didn't work.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you exhibited leadership in a stressful environment?
1 person found this interview helpful

Chevron

Application

I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

Was STAR questions not very hard basic behavioral questions. Hardest question was what makes you a good fit and such. Was very pleasant interview I I I I I i

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chevron (Burnaby, BC) in Jun 2014

Interview

Applied online and received a call to set up an interview for the next day. Interviewed with the Engineering Manager, interviewed lasted about an hour. The interview was mainly centered around my background and resume. A few questions about things I had worked on before and a few behavioral ones as well. How do I manage my time?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2013

Interview

I applied online, and received a call the next week. After the phone screen, I went onsite for a panel interview. Interview was primarily behavioral, with focus on communication, teamwork, and leadership. At the end, I was given ample time to ask questions, in fact the interviewers kept encouraging me to ask more and more questions....overall it was a very positive experience. My chemistry with the interviewers was a large reason why I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
  • When have you had to communicate a piece of bad news to your colleagues and superiors? How did you go about this communication?
4 people found this interview helpful