Claire's Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Claire's Stores Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2018

2.1

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Hiring Process:
    - If you have past management experience, then you'll be considered. If you are a good 3rd key holder, you might get a promotion

Interview:
    Basic questions like -- "Describe a situation where you had a rude customer and how did you resolve that? or " Tell me a time where you went beyond to get the job done"

Interview Questions

• Depends on the interviewer. I got asked " Do you go to clubs a lot or go partying every weekends?" It's just funny but I totally get it.. She explained that because if ever I am scheduled to open on a saturday or sunday morning, (w/c they usually do for asst mngr positions), then I can't call in often or go to work w/ a hangover   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Honestly, how that does even work on retail positions? If you got the job, that's the only time you know how much you're getting, so you can't really just quit if its too low or something.. right?

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Average time for hire

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Olympia, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online through monster and had an interview the next week. Met with the district manager and assistant manager. When arriving had to wait over twenty minutes in the store while the district manager came back to lunch. At the interview the district manager had the assistant store conduct the interview through a packet which she stumbled through. After reviewing my resume the district manager offered me an assistant manager position for a store over 40 miles away...stating that I was unqualifed to be a store manager and that with hard work and customer service I could work my way up to store manager in a year or so.

Interview Questions

40 miles away and was for a position lower than what I wanted.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Took DSM 3wks to decide to hire me even with the experience I had! That should have told me something!!

Negotiation

BAD!!! Manager made me think I would get a lot more which of course I didn't

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

it was ok went pretty quick and got offered the job very quickly

Interview Questions

• Do you like accessories?   1 Answer
    • How would you sell this necklace to a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation whats so ever....its like those words are not in there vocabulary.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (San Diego, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

As with all jobs, walk in and grab an application, fill it out and hand it directly to the Store Manager and make sure you leave an impression. Call back frequently asking if they looked over your application. When you're called in for an interview, make sure you dress nicely and wear lots of accessories because it is Claire's you're applying for. Be honest with all your answers and try not to be nervous.

Interview Questions

• All questions are rather easy and nothing too over the top. As stated above, be honest and real.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation when it comes to pay, they tell you how it is, and you gladly accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Overland Park, KS) in March 2016.

Interview

Very quick interview process. Took approximately 1 week with 2 interviews. One in person with DM and One on phone with RM. I applied via a website and heard back within 24 hours. Interview set for later the same week with my second interview thw following week. Very generic questions with productivity and and social media focused questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Anderson, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

Totally unprofessional. Store manager scheduled a PHONE interview through email, called me a few minutes after the scheduled time and asked me where I am. Made me rush out there for an in person interview instead of a phone interview. When I got there she had no clue what position I had even applied for and could not find my application or resume. Ended up offering me a part time, minimum wage sales associate job. Even though I applied for a management position and I haven't been anything less than a manager in 2 years -_-

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Super easy. My boss (the store manager) was super cool & we ended up becoming lifelong friends! I did an in person interview with her than a phone interview with the DSM. That was easy as well & lasted maybe 5 minutes. That was on a Friday & I was offered the job on Monday!

Interview Questions

• What would you suggest or try to sell to girls ____ age?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Had me come in and the store manager took me out in the hall way and we went and sat down at a table in the mall. She proceeded to introduce me to herself and ask me a little about myself. She explained the position that I would be applying for and then I explained to her about why I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a successful member of out Claire's team?   Answer Question