Cleveland Clinic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cleveland Clinic Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2018

2.7

Statistical Programmer II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

I was contacted very quickly after applying. The person was from HR and asked me questions about my eligibility for work. She told me that that somebody would be contacting me with a technical interview. Two weeks later I had a technical interview. When day before the technical interview I will send unlock data set that I needed do you sas or R for

Interview Questions

• How do you need to clean the data?   1 Answer
    • How do you merge the data? How do you check to see if you merge correctly?   1 Answer
    • How do you compare mean time between observations   Answer Question
    • How do you adjust for baseline measurements?   Answer Question
    • What is the principal investigator wants to look at survival analysis? What model will use?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

Phone Interview with Continuous Improvement Specialist. Its nothing but a joke for them! The interviewer wasn't available to interview except after 6pm for few minutes & wasn't prepared or ready! Didn't get any available times & had to interview only at one time slot. Asked a bunch of questions & sent a rejection notification within 12 hours. And if you're not interested in the candidate in the first place & are not gonna give the time to interview properly then god bless the one who ultimately gets hired!! Wasn't expecting this level of un-professionalism from Cleveland Clinic!!

Interview Questions

• How would others describe you, What technical skills you have, What technical skills you dont have, Explain a Problem Solving Project, Explain an Analysis Project.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter from CC and asked to apply for a job. I did that, I performed a phone screening, then one with the hiring manager. I was called in for an interview with 5 members of the team (two Directors, one manager, and two contributors). I felt the first interviewer was somewhat of a jerk and either didn't want to be there, or felt I wasn't qualified enough as his tone was one of arrogance. The next person was a manager and he was a great guy who asked straight forward questions and very personable. That was followed by two individuals from a Service Desk (Director, Ind. Cont.). The Director was great (funny and fully of energy), her counterpart was no-so-much. He was definitely more 'short' with his questions and did not smile much. My final interview was with the hiring Director. It went well; however, it seems their organization is too busy trying build a rigid process to fit their problems using non-technical help, instead of hiring some technical people to help design a more flexible one ... one that works. To me, it appeared they can't see the forest through the proverbial trees. When I left, I knew I was not a good fit. This particular organization has some issues and quite honestly, I didn't want to be any part of it. I advised the hiring manager to remove me from consideration... she was gracious in her reply and wished me luck. There are no hard feelings... and nothing personal against CC or the team that interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strengths.   1 Answer
    • What has been one instance where you have been disappointed in the results of your work.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing & Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job online. About a week later, I was contacted by HR, who asked routine questions regarding the position, as well as several behavioral questions. I was brought in for an interview with the director and manager of digital marketing.

The interview focused on the technical components of the job, and was heavy on background experience, with a focus teamwork. There were several behavioral questions peppered into the fray as well. Overall, they were nice: one stiff and calculated, the other jovial and forthcoming.

When I asked about the position, both struggled to coherently sum up its duty within in 60 seconds.

I was called for a second - final - interview with a panel that consisted of fancy titles. They required I submit 5 references in advance, two of which had to be former managers. If you haven't yet experienced the joy of working with the SkillShare system, buckle up.

The second interview focused on background experiences. Each panel member asked questions related to their specific field. Some of the questions included classics such as "tell me about a time," or "how would you say you." Overall, not bad.

What I found incredibly eye opening was how the marketing account services director explained to the panel that a rock star for the position is someone that thrives in the gray area. This was in response to my question regarding the role and how it interfaces with various departments.

Could be my rigidity and lack of experience working in cross-functional teams nixed me.

Either way, I hope this helps the next person who applies for the role. Don't fret about technical PPC aspects too much. They work with an agency who manages the campaigns and turns the dials. They also have an in-house data science team.

Focus more on your experiences using the STAR approach. Answer before they ask.

Sadly, HR did not have the courtesy to notify me of a decision, even after I reached out to the formerly responsive individual in HR.

This speaks volumes about their hiring practices. Anyone can talk a big game, but true communication fell through at this critical junction. I was just another number in a game where speed matters most. Churn and burn.

Finalists spent a lot of time reaching out and gathering references, taking time out of their day, preparing and writing follow up notes. Such as shame.

To the next lucky candidate - scratch the thank you notes and traditional hokus-pokus. I'm guessing they have a rigid policy. This is not a cushy job where love notes help fill a role.

Always remember, interview them as much as they interview you. Just the facts.

#truth

Good luck!

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in January 2018.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional and condescending. Was referred to as “honey” and felt like I was wasting their time throughout interview because they were clearly not interested in me. Extremely disappointed with such a prominent healthcare company. Cannot put into words how unprofessional members of this department were. Had to complete an hour-long assignment and did not receive any feedback on it.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Euclid, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (South Euclid, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position online and received an email the following day to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by HR and consisted of going over Cleveland Clinic policies, a brief description of the position, walking them through my resume, and answering 3-4 behavioral questions. After 2 weeks I found out I had not been selected to move forward in the interview process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

You under go a series of interviews beginning with a phone interview. During the in-house interview you meet with at least three attorneys and then possibly one or two potential associates.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elyria, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Elyria, OH).

Interview

I applied online. The process took about twelve days. I was contacted by email by a recruiter for a phone interview and then by phone by nursing managers for a face to face interview. The interview was very intense. I was interviewed by the nurse manager and five other RNs. Was stressful since I have never experienced an interview like this before.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

Sent in my resume and received a call to come speak with the Nurse Manager. Then afterwards on the same day I did a peer interview with two or three other nurses from the floor. Received job offer on same day.

Interview Questions

• Why Cleveland Clinic, Different questions about what you would do in certain situations (difficult patients, you had to be in two places at once, you werent getting along with a coworker)   1 Answer

Interview

Rigorous, fair, comfortable the floor manager was warm and welcoming but still interviewed sternly. It started with an in person interview and then moved on to a shadow experience.

Interview Questions

• Name one situation where something went wrong and how you went about taking care of it   Answer Question