Cleveland Clinic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.7

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Very professional, streamlined process. I was contacted via e-mail by HR to set up a phone interview with HR and was called for the interview at the time agreed upon. HR started off the interview call by explaining what the unit would be like on a day-to-day basis, then proceeded with a few basic interviewing questions. HR liked what she heard and immediately set up a face-to-face interview with the Nurse Manager of the unit I had applied to, and sent me a confirmation and directions via e-mail. When I arrived at the hospital, a random employee walking outside saw that I was a bit lost and walked a half mile to get me to the right building, and walked me to the elevator that I needed to use. I felt very taken care of! Once I arrived at the unit, I shadowed an RN during a direct admission and the nurse was friendly enough to show me around and answer my questions. I then proceeded to my interview with the Nurse Manager. I let her speak first and once she asked me a question, I ran with it and basically answered all her questions without her having to ask me much. I made sure that I answered every question with a story behind it so that the conversation flowed well. I found ways to lighten up the interview by finding common interests to laugh and talk about. I made sure that I had written down a few questions of my own to ask after the interview was over. She then proceeded to walk me around the unit and introduce me to the staff, as I told her the the team was very important to me in order to make my decision. The staff took time to answer all my questions and even helped me look up apartments in the area. I had a very good experience and felt very welcomed.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your former employer   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Cleveland Clinic   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for this specific unit   Answer Question
    • How can your prior experience aid in the transition to this unit   Answer Question
    • Tell me a stressful experience as a nurse and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a patient   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult situation with a coworker and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

PBX Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Weston, FL).

Interview

Very easy and casual interview. Interviewer was very professional and nice and didn't ask those questions that most jobs ask to many you even more nervous then you already are.

Physician Assistant - MICU Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky River, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Rocky River, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through their job website. Followed up frequently with the MICU recruiter who I met at a job fair. Eventually, my information was passed onto the lead APP/hiring manager. Did a phone interview with him approximately 2 weeks after initially applying. Then I was invited for an in-person interview/shadow day which took place approximately a month after I put in my application.

During the in-person interview, I initially met with the lead APP/hiring manager and a couple of his team. Was given a tour of the MICU. Then I observed on rounds for approximately 60 minutes. Then I had a one-on-one with the MICU director. He was very friendly. Was more like a conversation. Was asked about my long term goals. He mentioned that they are looking for someone who wants to stay in the position for a long time, if not for a whole career. This was mentioned also by the lead APP.

I then met with another MICU physician, also friendly. Answered a lot of questions for me.

I then met with one last physician who was slightly intimidating, but not unpleasant at all. Just asked a lot of tough questions, well within reason.

Then I had lunch with the MICU APPs (PAs and NPs). It was a nice lunch and everyone was friendly.

Overall the interview was a good experience.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview due to being interviewed for position in Cleveland clinic Abu Dhabi. Questions asked about experience and about patient scenarios. Interviewed by nurse manager and assistant nurse manager of floor applying to and someone from HR. interview was about 25 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges that were faced being in a charge nurse position?   Answer Question

Health Unit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

interview with hiring manager, assistant manager and shadowed a health unit coordinator. Walked through unit and briefly spoke to nurses, other
     peers. Observed the unit in its entirety regarding EPIC, telemetry, vocera, etc. Walked unit with employee.

Interview Questions

• What stressful situation have you been through and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

HUC Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

Extremely difficult. Interview was short but was followed by shadowing. Interesting but I felt it wasn't a great interview. HR recruiters are hard to get ahold of to schedule interviews in the first place.

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

It was a great interview. The manager was awesome. She made me feel very comfortable in the interview process. To the people who actually worked there.... they are ridiculous, rude, racist, and unfair. I left within my 90 days because of how bad they treated me. i would never go back! That was one of the worst teams i have ever worked with! ( and let me remind you, that was the second time i had worked for the Clinic and i have never had a bad experience anywhere else, but at STJ)

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

Spoke on the phone multiple times, advised of steps moving forward, told to email with any questions/concerns, and then zero contact including return emails or phone calls. Quite unprofessional given a hospital of this caliber.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

Started with online application, then an HR phone screening, senior director one on one interview, followed by a panel style interview with the team. reviewed my resume and spoke to previous experiences/projects. It was a very friendly but professional atmosphere.

Paralegal Interview

Application

Interview

Received email from recruiter who then set up telephone interview. On date and time of agreed telephone interview, recruiter never called. Upon following up, I gave her the benefit of the doubt and figured maybe something came up. She proceeded to attempt to reschedule the telephone interview but ending up playing email tag in the process. Once finally re-established telephone interview was 30 minutes long and basically I was asked the usual "general" questions. At that point, she recommended that I meet with members of legal counsel for an in person interview. I gave her my availability and after 2 weeks of back and forth email tag (again, because she could not nail down availability of people I needed to meet) we finally determined a date and time. Initial in person interview went well however at the end of the interview I found it odd that nobody walked me out? (Basically, I could have wandered the offices). Once again, received email asking to meet for 2nd in person interview and after an additional 2 weeks of back and forth, emailed the recruiter back to advise I was available and asked her to please confirm the same location and who I should ask for upon arrival. Waited until the day of the interview and still had not received confirmation that I was expected, where to meet or who to ask for. Called and emailed the recruiter (received no answer), ended up emailing the hiring attorney to confirm I was expected. Showed up to interview and was directed to the legal department by the security guard who opened the locked doors for me. (Nobody could be bothered to greet me in the lobby apparently). Once outside the legal department, I was greeted by someone who then led me to a conference room. I initially met with an initial 3 individuals (2 attorneys and a paralegal) and began the interview as expected. Throughout the entire hour long interview a total of 3 additional people entered the conference room late, while 2 others left. It was a revolving door! I'd be in the middle of answering a question and people were just coming and going. Once the interview ended, one of the administrators walked me to the elevator and then again I was on my own to find the lobby. Long story short, this was probably hands down one of the most unprofessional situations I've ever been in. Considering the Cleveland Clinic's stellar reputation, I was not impressed!