Cleveland Clinic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2018

2.7

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with the Supervisor who first outlined the specifics of the job and job expectations. The supervisor and then asked a few questions. Then I met with other staff who also provided more information and asked a few more questions. It was a comfortable and informal interview but the interviewers did ask some challenging questions.

Interview Questions

• If an emergency arose during the first few days of employment and your immediate supervisor was off-site and unavailable, what would you do?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Most correspondence was via e-mail. The initial phone screen was by a call-center person who asked STAR questions and took notes. She had no legal background and my answers had to be kept simple. The first interviewer told me that a portion of the job description had changed to an area where I had no experience, so I figured I was no longer a serious candidate. But I still interviewed with 5 groups of two or three people which was very confusing since no one brought business cards with them. My pre-interview request for the names of those I would interview with went unanswered, so I had no idea what to expect. Paralegals and support staff were included in the decision-making process, which was nice. Everyone was laid-back and friendly. Some were chatty, some asked direct questions, some asked STAR questions--I got a little bit of everything. Their reference check is all automated and you send out the emails, making me suspect that they check references on more than just their top candidates. The rejection letter was a form e-mail from Talent Management.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

Received email from recruiter who then set up telephone interview. On date and time of agreed telephone interview, recruiter never called. Upon following up, I gave her the benefit of the doubt and figured maybe something came up. She proceeded to attempt to reschedule the telephone interview but ending up playing email tag in the process. Once finally re-established telephone interview was 30 minutes long and basically I was asked the usual "general" questions. At that point, she recommended that I meet with members of legal counsel for an in person interview. I gave her my availability and after 2 weeks of back and forth email tag (again, because she could not nail down availability of people I needed to meet) we finally determined a date and time. Initial in person interview went well however at the end of the interview I found it odd that nobody walked me out? (Basically, I could have wandered the offices). Once again, received email asking to meet for 2nd in person interview and after an additional 2 weeks of back and forth, emailed the recruiter back to advise I was available and asked her to please confirm the same location and who I should ask for upon arrival. Waited until the day of the interview and still had not received confirmation that I was expected, where to meet or who to ask for. Called and emailed the recruiter (received no answer), ended up emailing the hiring attorney to confirm I was expected. Showed up to interview and was directed to the legal department by the security guard who opened the locked doors for me. (Nobody could be bothered to greet me in the lobby apparently). Once outside the legal department, I was greeted by someone who then led me to a conference room. I initially met with an initial 3 individuals (2 attorneys and a paralegal) and began the interview as expected. Throughout the entire hour long interview a total of 3 additional people entered the conference room late, while 2 others left. It was a revolving door! I'd be in the middle of answering a question and people were just coming and going. Once the interview ended, one of the administrators walked me to the elevator and then again I was on my own to find the lobby. Long story short, this was probably hands down one of the most unprofessional situations I've ever been in. Considering the Cleveland Clinic's stellar reputation, I was not impressed!

Patient Access Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Weston, FL) in July 2008.

Interview

Something out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• What type of previous experience would I be bring to "the table".   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

It was very easy going and the interviewers were great at explaining policies and what the job entailed. I was given a history of the hospital and a plan for orientating around the facility.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were in a high stress situation and how you handled it.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield Lake, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Sheffield Lake, OH).

Interview

Normal interview with normal interview questions. Lasted about a half hour. I've had many pleasant interviews with the Cleveland Clinic but This select interviewer seemed to want to discourage future education and advancement, if I would have been offered the position I would have declined.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. Completed the application online, a couple weeks later scheduled a phone interview. After passing the phone interview, I had two face to face interview. The questions were the normal interview questions. Really simple and to the point. I was then offered the position via phone a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Informative. Gave perks of working for the clinic. Asked me what I was looking for. Asked me back to "shadow" to see if it was a good fit for me..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple. I applied online and a few weeks later I got a email to schedule a phone interview for the next day. Just asked basic questions about strengths and weaknesses, she then submitted my info to the hiring manager, then got a call a week later for a face to face interview with a nurse manager and PSR. I was pretty nervous until I left the interview realizing they did not ask me any questions because we laughed and toured the building and they basically told me what the job consists of. That interview was a week ago so I'm still waiting to hear something back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time to was in a stressful situation, and tell me how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back with in the week stating they wanted to do an over-the-phone interview. The interviewer went over basic questions and asked about my background. I was then called back for an in-person interview by the hiring manager at the location I had applied for. It was a basic interview, they asked why I would be a good candidate for this position, and why I wanted to work for the Cleveland Clinic.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond to help someone?   Answer Question