Cummins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.8

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN).

Interview

I applied online. I had to fill in an online questionnaire which was followed by a phone interview. Finally, I was flown in to have a face-to-face interview. The whole process took around 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a bunch of behavioral questions. One question was regarding how well I work in a multi cultural group. There were no unexpected questions asked.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I applied through our university career fair and I got a phone interview 2 month after the career. Then I got another interview with more technical questions from the department manger two weeks later. I got the final offer 1 week after the second interview

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Cummins?
      What is the difference between form and function?
      Answer Question

Site Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

behavioral , situational questions. 2 rounds with the leadership group. It was an easy interview process. They were wanting to understand my experience and people management skills to get the best fit for the job. Overall the interview was very easy

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with a company engineer. Very easy going. Was asked about simple engineering questions and what if scenarios related to design applications. Had a hr phone screen after initial interview.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Initial interview was with hiring manager and second interview was with Director of Finance and later informal conversation with team members. It was a typical behavioral interview you can information about online.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you delivered the wrong message; what was the impact and how did you recover?   Answer Question

Product Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

A phone interview from a HR/Engineer personnel, where he asked me about my basic skill set, the things I knew about Cummins, leadership experience and exposure. We also discussed about possible roles where I as a candidate would fit into.

Interview Questions

• What role do you think you would fit into if given an internship?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I had a 30-minute behavioral phone interview for a summer internship. The interview went pretty well. I got a reject 3 months later due to non-availability of my preferred position.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Phone screen, in person. The in person portion was onsite and included various direct reports and members of senior management. Got an offer that was comically low for the level of expertise they needed. I attempted negotiating the salary but got nowhere.

Interview Questions

• Usual behavioral questions, strength/weaknesses, tell us about a time you faced this challenge   Answer Question

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

2 round interview.. get interview chance from career fair, the first one is very general and second one is technical related to what you want to do. people are very nice and respectful

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

After talking with a recruiter at a college engineering job fair, I was invited to do a next-day interview. The interview consisted almost entirely of behavioral question (maybe 10 behavioral questions and only 1 or 2 technical questions). One of the two interviewers was not an engineer, which made the interview awkward because she had no idea what I was talking about when I discussed technical concepts.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficulty with a team member.   Answer Question