Cummins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cummins

1,274 Interview Reviews

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The interview was a two-fold telephonic interview which was more focused towards technical aspects of the Engine. The second interview, after the technical section, highlighted the job responsibilities and other details pertaining to human resources.

Interview Questions

• The questions pertained to Engine Thermodynamics, Vibrations, Test Standards etc   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (West Lafayette, IN).

Interview

Attended the career fair on my college campus - Spoke to the representatives who had come primarily from the IT Department - Ended up getting a call for an interview on campus - Great conversation with the interviewers!

Interview Questions

• They want to understand if you'll be a good fit for their organization - both behavioral questions, as well as, technical questions pertaining to your job role will be asked. Also, importance will be given to your previous experience - everything you mention on your resume.   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Texas City, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth. I sometimes get nervous over phone interviewers since there's no face-to-face interaction; however, it was no difficulty. The first phone call was for behavioral and then the second was for the technical questions. Just make sure you understand the basic design process

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

First round of interview was with a manager and probably an intern at my University. Questions were not like the common interview questions, and there was a resume check and 3 interview questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in February 2020.

Interview

The first interview was brief and a good experience, the person who interviewed me was very kind and informed me of the steps to follow. Although I did not get a formal response directly from the interviewer, another person contacted me for an interview. The second interview was slightly harder, but it was a really good experience, you get to talk about what is on your resume and how your experience relates to your suitability for the position.

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (Rochester, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

First interview was only behavioral. Open-ended questions about experiences in industry and school. The interview lasted for roughly 45 minutes and I was able to ask questions to the interviewer as well. Follow up questions were sometimes asked after the general question. The interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you passed a stereotype about a co-worker?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cummins (New York, NY).

Interview

It is on campus drive. First they shortlisted based on the resume among the applicants.I mentioned my 3rd year btech project in resume.Second round was telephonic interview in which they mostly asked me about my project.

Interview Questions

• what is your btech project?
      they questioned me about one of my personality traits   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The interview happened on phone call for 1 hour. They were discussing about the projects which were done earlier . They asked few behavioral questions and also they were asking what will you be doing by giving some real-time situations.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in January 2020.

Interview

Paired interviews where half the interviewers were no shows. Not well organized. Very short interviews with limited opportunity for candidates to ask questions. During this period the company was also having/planning layoffs which they avoided questions about.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

interviewed by 3 people after career fair, then had a one on one phone interview a few weeks later. I had talked to different people all throughout the process and was then assigned to a hiring manager when given my employment offer. I had the choice of going to WI, IN, NC, PA, or TN for work, everytime they were able to get me to my location of preference.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question