Cummins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.8

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

It was short and straight to the point. They contacted me to schedule a phone interview. The Interview was behavioral and really simple but I never received a second technical Interview.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Miami, FL).

Interview

I did a behavioral interview took several months to get back to let me know I wasnt considered. The interview was basic situational questions, so I recommend having some examples ready.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you had problems with someone in a group project.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with for this internship. Both people I spoke with were very helpful with my questions and the questions they had were not very difficult. Very straightforward

Finance Interview

Interview

People are really friendly. I attended some information sessions before and have met my interviewer. The conversation is easy going. Be relaxed and be yourself is important. Do more mock interviews and get comfortable with all the common questions.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I can’t speak about the hiring process but the interview process includes a preliminary interview and a second round interview in Columbus. The preliminary interview consisted of half an hour of questions about situations I’ve been in.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had someone on your team make a mistake and how you responded.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I had a phone interview, and then i was told to expect a functional interview in the next few weeks, after which i will be notified if i made it to the next stage of the process

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you needed to give a technical presentation to a non-technical audience   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time when you worked in a team of diverse individuals   Answer Question

Marketing and Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Met with recruiter on campus, later that afternoon was called to interview the next day. All questions were behavioral and basic like "Why do you want this role at Cummins?"

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interviews for first and second round. I have gone through the whole process at this point, so no more comments on this one. I might add more when I have heard the decision of my application.

Interview Questions

• Questions from the first round:
      1- Basic questions about your background / resume; preference of work location
      2- Tell me about your strength
      3- Tell me about a time you have worked with someone who was unethical or doing things inappropriately
      4- Tell me about a situation where you had to communicate something complex or hard to understand   1 Answer

Corporate Strategy Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in December 2017.

Interview

Initial screening of 30 min with hr. Multiple phone screens with 30 min case and 1 hour behavioral interviews .
    Cases were really simple. However, a bit more too narrow and similar to business school job interviews

Product Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Straight forward, interviewer was friendly. Asked questions on projects, school work and other activities. It was for forty five minutes to an hour and the questions were explained well enough for you to understand.