Cummins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2018

2.8

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I met them through a career fair on campus, had a behavioral interview the next day which went well. I was then scheduled to do a functional interview over the phone with a couple of hiring managers and after that, they extended an offer to me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Panel interview with 2-3 interviewers. The interviewers will ask standard interview questions and will spend some time writing down thorough notes. The interview took about 30-45 mins, and included a walkthrough of the place to show where you will be sitting, which departments you'll be dealing with, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be the best fit for this position, over another candidate?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

After the initial telephonic HR interview, I had the interview on Campus. The second round of the interview was a technical interview and the questions related to the Resume were asked.
    It was completely thorough

Interview Questions

• Asked about different internships   1 Answer

HR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Avon, IN) in April 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview first. It took 3 weeks for me to get interviewed in person. During the interview I was drilled. Everything I said, they questioned as if I was lying. They constantly exchanged faces and the entire interview was very unprofessional in my opinion. I could tell I wasn’t what they were looking for the minute I walked in. He even made a comment such as “I thought you were going to be late”. Why would I be late to an interview? There was only one reason he said that. I felt like they continue interview just because I showed up but they had no intention on moving me forward no matter my experience or my interview.

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Worst hiring team ever. They just select random people from career fair for interview and just give offer without proper comparison with other able candidates.
    A hiring manager should take it's time to look for potential candidate. But for them it's like first come first 'get job'.
    Very disappointed, was expecting to be selected for interview but they said interview slots are full even though I was first in line there. Apparently they filled all slots for undergrad and when grad students came next day, they were filled.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter first, then face to face with a HR, manager, and a senior engineer. All pretty nice, laid back, easy going, very informal at first. Warm welcome.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. I interviewed with 2 interviewers, one of them is asking questions and the other is taking notes. They are both nice. The interview went for about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Share an example of resolving conflicts with teammates/co-workers   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter to stop by their booth at a career fair. Met the recruiter at the fair and got an interview for the next day. Received full time offer on the same day and accepted it. Process took 2 days.

Interview Questions

• General situational questions and how I would apply my engineering knowledge to them.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when a group member did a lot of work and did not get much recognization for it.   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2018.

Interview

Process started with a 15 minute phone interview with a recruiter. A week later, I had a 30 minute phone interview with the "Hiring Manager" or person I would be working directly under. A week later, I had a 4 HOUR face to face interview with 7 different people... some 1:1, some 2:1. They all asked similar questions and it was a complete waste of an entire afternoon that could have been done in an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cummins?   1 Answer
    • What was your biggest accomplishment at your prior job?   Answer Question
    • What is your working style?   1 Answer

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Charleston, SC) in March 2018.

Interview

Initial 15 to 20 minute phone screening by a Cummins recruiter followed by a group or panel phone interview of up to an hour. Top candidates are invited to an on-site group interview lasting about 3 hours including a tour of the production facility.

Interview Questions

• The interview team asked about my relevant experiences and how those would help me in this position.   1 Answer