Cummins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,007 Interview Reviews

2.8

Computer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (New Orleans, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first one is behavioral, and the second technical. In the second one they asked me about the things that I had on my resume, and to describe everything in detail.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for cummins? What did you choose computer engineering? what is your favorite class?   Answer Question

Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (West Lafayette, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through the Company's recruitment system at Purdue University. I was contacted for a first round interview, after which I went on to another round of case interview with a different recruiter

Interview Questions

• I was presented with two cases in both rounds of interview to solve   1 Answer

Corporate Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in May 2009.

Interview

The internship interview process consisted of 02 phone interviews. The first one was a general resume review and a discussion about my interests. The second interview was with the director of the Department and consisted of in-depth questions about a specific bullet point/experience on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you met with a strong opposition within your team about how to solve a problem. Walk me through the steps you took.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in June 2011.

Interview

Email, Phone Interview, Onsite visit

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in September 2011.

Interview

Starts with slightly technical phone interview, if you clear the phone interview you are called onsite, 4 people interviewed for appx. 1 Hr each. 1st one was technical, hiring manager delved into thermodynamics fundamentals, and over all basic mechanical engineering concepts, 2nd on problem solving, 3rd problem solving and analytical skills, how did you approach a problem, 4th one was on leadership skills, career goals and aspirations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for a telephonic interview (generic HR questions). Got a call for the functional interview 3 weeks later which mainly involved resume-based technical questions and another standard set of questions. Neither got offered a position nor got rejected. They have currently kept me as a back-up option.

Interview Questions

• Lot of generic questions:
      1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      2. When have you had a conflict with a co-worker? etc.
      3. Other resume-based (easy) questions in the functional interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in July 2011.

Interview

It was a long process, too much delay and recruiters are very slow. But the offer was good and company sounded promising. It has been an exciting process overall. It was not an achievement to clear the process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

2 round interview.. get interview chance from career fair, the first one is very general and second one is technical related to what you want to do. people are very nice and respectful

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ladson, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Ladson, SC).

Interview

Phone Interview then Face to Face Interview with 3-5 people. They have a set of questions they must ask, situational questions, and give me a time where you did this or displayed this behavior.

Negotiation

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in September 2013.

Interview

First was temp to hire position that lasted 4 months. Then there was a traditional interview followed by a panel interview. The time from "approval" to "first day on job" lasted 1-1/2 months. The process has changed since that time.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? Have you ever had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you resolve?   Answer Question