Cummins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Was called for an interview shortly after the career fair. The interview was behavioural and the interviewer was patient and attentive. I was walked them through my resume and experience. Overall, the interviewing with them was a pleasant experience.

They followed up about 10 days later saying I had been recommended for a functional interview.

Oddly, they got back to me after a couple of months saying they were considering other candidates which left me confused.

Interview Questions

• Why Cummins?

Tell us of a situation where you weren't prepared for the task but had to complete it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Great experience interacting with talent scouts. Seems like they evaluated more on personality, communication skills than technical skills. Had 2 rounds of interviews in total. The first round was behavior-based on campus, and 2nd round was a call with functional talent scouts.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The hiring process involves behavioral interviews, back to back interviews. Sometimes it becomes difficult to understand what the interviewers is looking for. Experience varies from person to person. Have some answers for STAR framework

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job and how is it related to your career growth?   Answer Question

CPE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

4 hours interview process covering lots of thermal fluids questions, previous work experience, and behavioral interview. Met with all of the team members, and as a group, they all evaluated my performance. It all went well, but I lacked the experience they were looking for because they wanted someone who had already held a similar position to apply for the role.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used GT Power application, and to what extent are you familiar with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through the university career fair. Got a behavioral interview on campus a few days later and got recommended to the next stage. This was followed by a technical/functional interview on phone after around 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions relating to your research work/project/prior work experience. They want to see how you've handled situations in the past.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cummins (New York, NY).

Interview

A 2 part interview process consisting of a phone interview followed by a face to face interview that were 20 days apart. Different interviewers for each part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Engineering and Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI).

Interview

Met representatives during career fair
    During Info session offered Interview
    Basic Questions
    Got reject mail after forty five days
    My responses were recorded in a file
    First round is completely HR and not technical
    Interviewer was friendly and supportive

Interview Questions

• Basic Questions from Resume
      Tell me a time when you had taken the extra mile to achieve your goal/target

Entry Level Integrated Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

2 interviews: Behaviour and Functional
    No technical questions asked in both the interviews.
    Both the interviews were conducted on phone and the interview process was very easy to cope with as they were wrap it up before holidays

Interview Questions

• Why Planner?
      Describe a time when you had to present your opinion to your manager

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Typical job interview. They ask you about your major, college, personal and family life. Not a hard interview. you do not need to be super prepared. just know the basic interview stuff and you will be good. m n n

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The hiring process began at a college career fair and I talked to some recruiters at the booth and at the end of a short conversation I was offered a next day interview. It was a half hour behavioral interview and two weeks later I was called and asked to arrange a phone interview, which took place the following week for an hour. This interview was still behavioral, but was rooted largely in company values and a few situational based questions that relate to a Product Validation Engineer Co-Op.

Interview Questions

• Why Cummins? What would be some key differences in the design and the applications for highway vs. non-highway diesel engines.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer letter included approximate pay and location of office.