Cummins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

First round is easy, basic structured interview. Second round is a bit stressful, you will be interviewed by two person at the Cummins HQ in one hour. The second round interviews are unstructured and recruiters will ask you whatever they saw interesting in your resume.

HSE Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

There was a phone call, online forms to fill out, and a week of onboarding. The interview was done with people from the department I was hired into, as well as a member of HR.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that diversity helped you solve a complex problem?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN).

Interview

I applied online. I had to fill in an online questionnaire which was followed by a phone interview. Finally, I was flown in to have a face-to-face interview. The whole process took around 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a bunch of behavioral questions. One question was regarding how well I work in a multi cultural group. There were no unexpected questions asked.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I applied through our university career fair and I got a phone interview 2 month after the career. Then I got another interview with more technical questions from the department manger two weeks later. I got the final offer 1 week after the second interview

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Cummins?
      What is the difference between form and function?
      Answer Question

Site Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

behavioral , situational questions. 2 rounds with the leadership group. It was an easy interview process. They were wanting to understand my experience and people management skills to get the best fit for the job. Overall the interview was very easy

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with a company engineer. Very easy going. Was asked about simple engineering questions and what if scenarios related to design applications. Had a hr phone screen after initial interview.

Entry Level Materials Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Cummins in April 2017.

Interview

Met a recruiter a career fair, had an interview where I was told that I was recommended for a functional interview before getting a rejection email a few days later.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Initial interview was with hiring manager and second interview was with Director of Finance and later informal conversation with team members. It was a typical behavioral interview you can information about online.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you delivered the wrong message; what was the impact and how did you recover?   Answer Question

Product Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

A phone interview from a HR/Engineer personnel, where he asked me about my basic skill set, the things I knew about Cummins, leadership experience and exposure. We also discussed about possible roles where I as a candidate would fit into.

Interview Questions

• What role do you think you would fit into if given an internship?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I had a 30-minute behavioral phone interview for a summer internship. The interview went pretty well. I got a reject 3 months later due to non-availability of my preferred position.