Cummins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN).

Interview

Over the phone interview asking about my general experience as well as behavior questions, 3 days later asked to travel to headquarters for a tour and interview. Held panel discussions about employee experiences followed by two interviews and a tour of their engine plant.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and why it makes you qualified for Cummins   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Behavioural interview - questions related to teamwork, good and bad team experiences, leadership experiences, recognizing Cummins' values.
    The interviewers are friendly, easy to talk to, and the interview itself is pretty casual. They are genuinely interested in learning about your experiences and how your values align with those of the company.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about a time you had to work with a difficult team member or how you handled a difficult team situation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Stage 1 Behaviour
    Simple questions checking the basic aptitude, attitude towards work etc from your experiences

Stage 2 Functional Interview
    Main focus on the way you react to different situations during a project and the approach towards problem solving

Interview Questions

• What is something you know about Cummins that many dont?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Quick and all behavioral, the interviewer was very nice and funny. Met them at a career fair but got the interview beforehand because of an online application and they contacted me 3 days after

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Had behavioral interview in September. I didn't get a follow up interview until March. Then, they didn't give me the offer until early May. The process took a very long time.

Interview Questions

• If you own a bicycle pump company and a costumer says that pumping requires too much force, what could be wrong with your product?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Interview

I applied online and got my behavioral interview 2 weeks later by phone. The interviewer was very nice. then I received confirmation for the second interview 2 weeks later. Second interview was on a conference

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

Was interviewed by three employers. They asked mostly about behavioral questions. They also stress the importance of asking questions back. Basically it was a 15 mins of them asking me questions and 15 of me asking questions to them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to do an unpopular decision and what was the result.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Got an interview from university career fair, and they asked me right away for interview time slots. The interview happened after 5 days. The recruiter was nice and easy-going, more of a conversational setting.

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I applied through the website and met a recruiter through my college career fair. 2 weeks later I received an email asking for a phone interview. Phone interview as 30 min long approx. The interviewer was nice but very bland so I wasn't sure if he was liking the answers or not. Asked very common questions, mostly about failures and conflicts and asked about which roles I am mostly interested in.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you encountered a project problem or in the work place.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you did not make the right decision or you made a mistake.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

I Applied through my college career fair this September . I then had an interview a week later with a very nice recruiter. I am now waiting for a hopefully positive response.

Interview Questions

• -Why Cummins
      -why this specific area
      - What are your strengths   Answer Question