Dillard's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dillard's Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2018

2.1

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Basically asked what you will bring to the company and about your customer service skills. Wanted to know more about my schooling and what I learned. They do a lot of events and wanted to know if I would be willing to do that.

Interview Questions

• How would you promote sales in a department that is declining?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Had 1st interview with department manager questioned about sales experience and customer service ..few days later had interview with store manager, explaining benefits and salary. Was hired on the spot. Very friendly and casual

Accessories Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's in February 2018.

Interview

While the interview was simplistic and the questions were easy enough, the Dillard's interviewer immediately tried to act aggressive and intimidate me by overloading me with questions and asking them in a blunt and abrasive tone. When the Dillard's interviewer saw that my demeanor was not shaken, they lightened up and started to act as if they were interested in what I had to say. However, I could tell that they were uneasy and tried to cover their bases afterwards by saying they were "taking a chance on me", referring to candidates with a similar work history to me. This unprofessional demeanor and sophomoric use of interview tactics led me to decline the offer. If that's the culture of this location, I want no part in it.

Interview Questions

• Questions included customer engagement, driving sales, opening credits, closing the deal, and basic product knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Anderson, SC) in February 2018.

Interview

Had 2 interviews. The first one I went in, found an assistant manager, filled out the application on one of their computers in customer service, then had an interview there. I then interviewed with the assistant manager the following day, he offered a position and am now waiting on the background check to come through.

Interview Questions

• If there were little activity in the store, how would you attempt to increase sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I had only one interview and it took half an hour. I was hired right away and I started training the next day. The questions were very easy and about sales.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Mobile, AL).

Interview

In my interview, the manager told me how much she loved me and that I got a second interview and she would call me later in the week to schedule it. She went on and on and on about how excited she was to hire me. Then she never called. So I decided to give her a call. She told me to call another day and she left early so she didn't answer the phone. I left a note and she never called. So I called her again and she said she needed to get with the lady that was going to interview me and that she would call me back the next day. She never called and I didn't either.

Accessories Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Corpus Christi, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager of the accessories department and another lady who was in charge of handbags. The interview with them was very easy and straight forward, but they told me I would have to go through another interview with the store manager. The manager called me on a Friday and told me the interview would be on the next Friday. A woman from HR called me to confirm my appointment on Friday, but when I got there for the interview they told me I was supposed to be interviewed on Thursday the day before. I was so confused because they specifically told me friday. Another woman from HR came and told me they made a mistake and scheduled me Thursday by accident and apologized. They told me they had no time for any more interviews and that they would get back to me. They never called me back, and when I called the store, the manager told me we could reschedule and that she would call me back and never did. I had to call Dillards 3 times before they could finally reschedule me, and it wasn't my fault to begin with. Dillards has some of the most unprofessional people I've ever dealt with.

Management Training Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Sent resume through website, and got an on-campus interview at the college. They went through the process of interviewing me and then told me they didn't have any positions open and to reapply in the spring.

Counter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Pensacola, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

One interview with one person that oversees that department. Then you go to next step. This includes a background check. I was told over the phone they weren't going to hire me and if I wanted to know, I could call them. I already had a job offer so I didn't bother to call them back.

Interview Questions

• Any prior sales experience.   1 Answer

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Wellington, FL).

Interview

Was supposed to meet with Store Manager. He was out for lunch at my interview time so instead I interviewed with Assistant Store Manager while Store Managers receptionist stood by. Im not sure why the receptionist had any part whatsoever in my hiring and Im sure that wasn't the only time that happened. It was very unusual. All that aside, the Assistant Manager was very welcoming.