Dillard's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2018

2.0

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Lexington, KY) in June 2010.

Interview

One interview consisted of a one-on-one with the store manager and the assistant store manager. It was pretty basic, consisting of sales-based questions about my past work experience. They wanted to know a lot about sales, and much less about merchandising. Another interview was with the store manager and a district manager. This was just to finalize the process and touch base about the pay, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was your annual sales volume in your last position? What increases did you see?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible. It was very laid out on paper and much of the pay was based on commission and bonus potential anyway. This interview was for a cosmetics position, so the base salary was low, with much potential for bonuses based on overall department sales and commission based on personal sales.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

easy, the HR manager was sweet and easy to talk to, I was hired on the spot and started work the next week with 3 weeks training. other than this, there is really no other comments to make regarding the interviewing process at Dillard's. It was easy and quick. Before your personal interview with the D.O., you have to go on the company kiosk located in the Customer Service area to put in your work history and answer a questionnaire, all of which take about 20-30 minutes of your time.

Negotiation

short

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dillard's in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus, one-on-one interview. One week later was notified I was accepted for the next round of interviews. Overall, it was a great experience, a great interview and I had a nice conversation with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Meet with Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager in a one on one setting within the store. Given a tour of the store. Introduced to the Manager you will be working with and then asked some questions by them as well.

Interview Questions

• What is your vision for the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Quick phone interview followed by in-store interview, be sure to fill out the online application prior to showing up, their computer system at the store is extremely slow. There is a two-part questionnaire that you have to complete as a part of the application that will take about 15-20 minutes

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good manager?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I was promoted from men's area sales manager@ their Oakview store in Omaha NE

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation you either took the job or stayed where you were.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with the Store Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Lubbock, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Went in for an interview and meeting with them at the career expo. Was interviewed by a middle manager who then referred me up to the assistant store manager. After speaking with the assistant store manager and being told that I would have to start from the bottom even though I am a college graduate turned me off from the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you know a lot about the fashion world?   1 Answer

Even though I interviewed for an Assistant Store Manager position with great experience and educational background, I was told that I would be required to start as an hourly sales associate and maybe in a few years I could move up to sales manager and then Assistant Store Manager. Apparently, even though I'm more qualified than a high school graduate, I would have to work at the same level as them with no guarantee of promotion since it is based on seniority and "if you are the right fit". Not worth my time as a college graduate with a Bachelor's and Master's degree in Business.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

I was called by the hiring manager that she found my resume on monster.com and she wanted me to apply on their website and she would give me a call back shortly after to schedule an interview. So I did immediately after the phone call. Well, a few days past by and I never received a phone call back. I called them and asked for the hiring manager and they hung up on me more than once. I finally got a hold of the store manager and she apologized and said she would send the message to the hiring manager that I was trying to reach her. A couple of days went by afterwards and received a phone call from the hiring manager stating that the position was no longer available. I was extremely upset that they did not even give the chance to come in and interview. The hiring manager psyched me up for no reason.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Dallas, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I had 2 different interviews. For the second interview, I was left waiting for over an hour and 30 min. I had one phone interview, Then 2 different in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked why Dillards? Then I was asked how I would handle a difficult customer   Answer Question