Dillard's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dillard's Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2018

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Palmdale, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a call maybe two days later. I scheduled the interview for the following day. I show up early the manager seemed really nice and wanted me to meet with the store manager,however the store manager was busy and she told me to check in Monday. I checked in Monday and she wasn’t scheduled, I called Tuesday she wasn’t in. I called Wednesday and the lady called her and came back on the phone and told me that if they want me they will call me and not to call back again..

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here?
      Question about availability   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

The interview was easy i was offered the job and hired on the spot. I was interviewed by the operations manager and the store manager. They made me apply online the same day i was hired. They literally hire anyone here. If you are looking for a quick job apply here.

Interview Questions

• Which Department do you see yourself working in daily?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Newport News, VA).

Interview

You have two interviews with two different managers. If the first manager likes you they set you up on a second interview. If the second manager likes you then they will schedule you for orientation. I was set up for orientation on the spot and was able to negotiate starting pay.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Tucson, AZ) in April 2018.

Interview

it was easy one interview with the departments manager and another one with the store manager, they asked basic question they did a background check and was hired in the spot

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to interview via email a few days later. My first interview was with the sales area manager. I told her my goals and she thought I should interview with the store manager. We set that up for a few days later. The interview with the store manager was amazing. She was so helpful and she offered me a position, along with guidance for the career path that I want to take.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted a week later to schedule an in-person interview. No phone interview, they just asked me to come in and meet with someone in-person at the corporate office. The application stated that no prior experience was required, only a college degree and knowledge of Microsoft Excel. I went into the interview and met with one of the divisional buying managers. Initially she was nice but as the interview went on she became more short-spoken and unpleasant. She didn't ask me too many questions, except for specific details about my experience with Excel. She seemed disappointed that the last time I had used it was in college, 3 years ago. After that she kind of dismissed me and didn't seem interested..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project in which you used Excel and the specific equations you used.   Answer Question

Cosmetic Sales Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Chandler, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

Unorganized, unprepared and discriminated against for how young I look. Was told I was "very pretty BUT you just look too young, you would do better in juniors with how young you look" I am a grown woman and by no means a teenager. I was also asked if I was married, not sure how that relates to an interview at all. I am in aesthetics and I am very qualified to work at a makeup counter. Interviewer was not interested in seeing my work but just kept saying I LOOK too young. They also said they are just so busy, can you come back tomorrow?

Interview Questions

• She asked me if I was married. Nothing related to the job at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Palmdale, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

3 interviews. Some basic "get to know you" stuff and then work history related questions. Every one that interviewed me was really nice and easy to talk to. It made me excited to work for the company.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Basically asked what you will bring to the company and about your customer service skills. Wanted to know more about my schooling and what I learned. They do a lot of events and wanted to know if I would be willing to do that.

Interview Questions

• How would you promote sales in a department that is declining?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Had 1st interview with department manager questioned about sales experience and customer service ..few days later had interview with store manager, explaining benefits and salary. Was hired on the spot. Very friendly and casual