Dillard's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dillard's Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I applied on line and in about a week I got called to come in for an interview. I met with a manager who interviewed me and then was scheduled to come back for another interview. The second interview was with the Assistant Store Manager and then I had the third interview that day which was with the Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• If I could have dinner with anyone who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Pervert asked me how old I was and how old my kids were and if I was married. Offered me the job. Told me promotions would be a guarantee as long as I continued to look "like that".

Interview Questions

• How do you drive your team to make goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Gainesville, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online on Monday. There were 3 interviews. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Two interviews were with sales managers and one was with the assistant store manager. I started training on the following Tuesday. Everyone was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Dillard's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dillard's (Broomfield, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

I have been training for the last week at Dillards and since they would like me to work for Este Lauder I took the online test today. Waiting to hear if I will work for the cosmetic company, if not they will keep me in another department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Norfolk, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call and asked to come in the next day for my first interview. I then got a call a few days later to come in the next day for a second interview. The first interview was with an assistant manager and then the second was the with the top two managers for the store. I was then asked to wait out in the customer service area while they talked and then was told that they would be finishing other interviews before making a final decision.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I was called the day after submitting my application, a few days later I met with the sales manager, talked for about 15 minutes and was then offered the job on the spot.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

The interview was maybe 20 minutes long, really quick. The woman who interviewed me was really nice. I was dressed in slacks and a blouse and arrived 5 minutes ahead of time.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Two interviews, first one positive as if I'd get the job. Second one was short and afterwards I was promised a call back but 2 weeks later still nothing. I'm very disappointed.

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Texarkana, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Got called in a Sunday to do an actual application. Then after that was completed I had the first interview that Thursday. Got a call that Saturday for a second interview this past Tuesday. Signed papers for a background check and got called and hired the same day. I start next week!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (San Antonio, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Spplied online, very quick response to application. Phone call, voicemail and email sent. I responded a short time after and set up an interview for the day after next.
    The store was empty, I had to ask for directions to "customer service" (there is no customer service, fyi. It's offices and gift wrap) My interview began 15 minutes late, I do have respect for the manager who interviewed me, she was extremely pregnant and walking around in heels, so I didn't mind being after her bathroom break and lengthy review of papers on a clipboard. After she introduced herself, I was brought to a back "training room" in the quiet dark corner and sat at a long table.
    The manager asked me what I knew about Dillard's, I responded with my answer and told her that most of my experience was in Customer Service (Dillard's specialty)
    She then interrupted me and said that she was going to stop before we got too far. She informed me that although my top and cardigan were acceptable and my pants were acceptable, they were not up to their standards "worn together" .
    Not even for an interview.
    She told me I needed to "dress like I am going to church" and the shoes I had on would not be "Dillards acceptable" at all.
    She said she was going to be off the next day but would put me with another manager to come in and have the actual interview.
    I have 5 years of retail management experience, educated and I am extremely friendly, but the clothes I wore were not "good enough" for a young woman who seemed to be on a bit of a power trip.

Interview Questions

• No questions, sent home and "Rescheduled" for the next day because of my clothing combination and shoes   1 Answer