Edelman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edelman Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Applied online and was offered a phone screening with a recruiter, 3 rounds of interviews with 3 different employees. Decision was made within 1-2 weeks of the interview. Received an offer letter for the internship.

Interview Questions

• What is one example of a stressful work situation that you have dealt with? How did you address the issue?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Edelman in March 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with the deputy managing director for an internship in their Barcelona office. After a few days I was offered the position as an intern & set up my start date. The interview was centered around getting to know my background and gauging if I had the writing abilities and overall knowledge and to do well within the company. I suggest doing your fair share of research on Edelman and the companies they work with. Questions and discussion topics were heavily rooted in understanding Edelman, their culture, how they're different than advertising firms, and what they can do for their clients. The interviewer was kind and made me feel comfortable throughout the process!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your background   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Edelman and the work we do?   Answer Question
    • What do you think the difference is between communications marketing and advertising?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. First interview was a phone screen with recruiter. Second interview with my prospective manager. Both were very friendly, open, and conversational. 4 weeks later was offered the position.

Digital Content Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website and got an email from an HR Intern the same day to set up a phone call. Had a short phone call with the HR Intern the next morning and she emailed me that afternoon to ask my availability for an in-person interview. That interview took place exactly one week later in the DC office and lasted 30 minutes. I was interviewed by two senior individuals, one who would become my manager. I went through my resume and portfolio to show them some of my past experience and they shared more about working as an intern at Edelman. The following Monday, I got a call from the recruiter to let me know I got an offer! This was by far the smoothest interview process I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through your resume?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Edelman staff was very friendly and the whole interview was conducted in a conversation like manner. I had a screening interview, and then was called in for an interview with the manager if he working under.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

A person in HR reached out to me on LinkedIn about a position in the Sacramento office. The process started with a phone screen with the HR person who reached out to me in mid-October. About a week after that, I got a message from them saying that they were delaying hiring for that position until the next year. When I saw the position posted again in December I re-applied and reached out to the HR person again. Had a second phone screening with them. Set up a a series of three one on one in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time you've had to test your resilience.   Answer Question

Immersion Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I went to a mixer, about a month later I got an invitation to come to the Chicago office for a 30 minute in-person interview. It's you in the room with 2 other Edelman recruiters. Others called this a stress interview, where they typically ask you for a different answer than the one you gave or to expand on the one you gave.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I reached out to HR for the position, they responded in a very timely manner and we set up a 30 minute phone call. After that call I was told a day later that they wanted to see me the following week in person. The in-person interview included 30min conversations with three team members and then 1 hiring manager. All conversations went well and were fairly relaxed in nature. After that interview I received an email promptly asking to set up time for writing test. The writing test was fairly relevant to the job and took 2 hours. NEXT... I waited and waited to hear back from HR with any kind of feedback. I emailed them eventually just checking in and kept receiving emails saying I would hear soon and they were just completing other interviews. I sent a final email about two weeks later saying I was still interested, but would have to move forward elsewhere if I heard nothing- and that I generally would just appreciate some feedback since I did devote quite a bit of time to the process. Over one month later and I get a very vague email from the HR recruiter saying they went with a different candidate for their skills better matched position. Overall that lack of clear communication during the final stages and following the process made this- unfortunately- a really unappealing and overall negative experience. I understand HR is very busy- but to not get back to a candidate who has taken a 2 hour writing test and spent hours interviewing even just to say hey, we are moving forward with other options but here was the feedback from the team- was pretty negative. I found that at other agencies the promptness and clarity in responsiveness from HR coordinators / the teams I interviewed with were much, much higher than with Edelman.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Edelman in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via LI, we emailed back and forth for a few days and then had a phone screen. Got the history of the organization and the role. I had two rounds of interviews, including a candidate tour. Everyone was very nice and friendly. Expect tough interview questions, and to go through your background extensively, specifically different accounts you've worked on.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the entire methodology on a client project?   1 Answer
    • What accounts have you worked on, and what was your role on the project team?   1 Answer
    • Expect questions about the history of Edelman and the clients.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online then a few weeks later got an email to set up a preliminary HR interview. Then the next day had a Skye interview with one of the Directors. They were really nice and willing to talk and answer questions. I followed up a few weeks later and always got an immediate response. However they took longer than they said to send out offers.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume -general resume and experience questions   Answer Question