Edelman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.9

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone interview and an in person interview. It took over a month after I applied to hear back from them. Talked about my previous internship and team work experiences. My previous internship was unpaid and this internship at Edelman was paid. I was qualified for the job but I wanted to work for Edelman because of its company culture and value so I focused on that.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Edelman? Tell me a teal you had difficulty meeting a deadline. Tell me about your previous internship/work experience. From talking to other interns, we all had a previous intern before interning at Edelman.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

First I completed an HR phone screen, then I was brought into the office for a first round in-person interview with 3 different people, then I was given a writing test, and then a second in-person with some additional team members.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a short phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter will then let you know if you will be moving forward and then schedule an in-person interview. You will likely meet with 3 people on the team you're interviewing for. The interview will last 1.5-2 hours. Depending on their timeline and amount of applicants. The interview process can take several weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you felt challenged by time-management. How did you prioritize your responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were able to take ownership of a project.   Answer Question

Internal Communications Specialist Interview

Interview

I just want to preface that I have interned at Edelman before. I had the most positive and enriching experience. I was surrounded with smart, creative people; encouraging managers and involved mentors.

The below review is solely about my most recent experience.

I did not apply for this job online, I was contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter with Edelman NY on August 15th. The recruiter and I scheduled some time to speak the next day at 6:15 p.m. The recruiter didn't call, I followed up at 6:20 p.m. asking if something came up. She got back to me at 7:45 p.m. letting me know that 'the day escaped her'.

I completely get that everyone is busy and things come up during the day: no big deal. We re-scheduled for the next day, same time.

Come 6:15 p.m. the following day – she didn’t call, I followed up and she didn't reply.

Honestly, I didn't apply for this job and it isn't exactly what I'm doing right now so no harm done. I just felt compelled to relay this experience. As a professional and a prospective employee, I think taking a few seconds to tell someone you’re no longer interested, can go along way. Especially if you are the one that initiated the exchange.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Submitted an online application. About a month later I was offered a phone interview. Two weeks after that I came in person for a four person panel interview, followed by an assessment.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Met with several members of the team. The process was nice and straightforward. Questions are mostly around your previous experiences. Writing skills matter. All team members are very nice.

Creative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Recruiter missed our initial screen several times and only when I e-mailed did it get rescheduled. The phone screen went well and the recruiter was very friendly. I was then scheduled to meet two people in person. At the last minute one of them couldn't make it. The one person I interviewed with seemed disinterested and just talked about himself. He didn't give me a chance to ask any questions about the role and then said he was going to find the second person I was supposed to interview with and left. She then wasn't available. It was the strangest interview I ever went on. I followed up with next steps and heard back weeks later they went with someone else.

Legal Interview

Interview

Called late and was rushing through the phone interview. The recruiter did 90% of the talking and did not give me a chance to respond or ask questions. His explanation of the opening was very different than the job description that was posted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

The process started with a brief phone interview with the recruiter, and then had two Skype interviews with a total of 3 managers in the department to which I applied. The whole process took a couple of months start to finish.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Edelman has an organized, effective interview process. It's clear that there is a strategy behind each interviewers' focus because no one asked the same interview question twice (which I really appreciated as the candidate!). I felt like they were trying to get to know me and have a conversation, and the recruiter I worked with was an excellent communicator and prompt. I met with four people (two phone calls, one onsite meeting) in three rounds of conversations and had an offer in roughly three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt compelled to share an opinion that differed from someone more senior than you?   Answer Question