Edelman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edelman Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Submitted an online application. About a month later I was offered a phone interview. Two weeks after that I came in person for a four person panel interview, followed by an assessment.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Met with several members of the team. The process was nice and straightforward. Questions are mostly around your previous experiences. Writing skills matter. All team members are very nice.

Creative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Recruiter missed our initial screen several times and only when I e-mailed did it get rescheduled. The phone screen went well and the recruiter was very friendly. I was then scheduled to meet two people in person. At the last minute one of them couldn't make it. The one person I interviewed with seemed disinterested and just talked about himself. He didn't give me a chance to ask any questions about the role and then said he was going to find the second person I was supposed to interview with and left. She then wasn't available. It was the strangest interview I ever went on. I followed up with next steps and heard back weeks later they went with someone else.

Legal Interview

Interview

Called late and was rushing through the phone interview. The recruiter did 90% of the talking and did not give me a chance to respond or ask questions. His explanation of the opening was very different than the job description that was posted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

The process started with a brief phone interview with the recruiter, and then had two Skype interviews with a total of 3 managers in the department to which I applied. The whole process took a couple of months start to finish.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Edelman has an organized, effective interview process. It's clear that there is a strategy behind each interviewers' focus because no one asked the same interview question twice (which I really appreciated as the candidate!). I felt like they were trying to get to know me and have a conversation, and the recruiter I worked with was an excellent communicator and prompt. I met with four people (two phone calls, one onsite meeting) in three rounds of conversations and had an offer in roughly three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt compelled to share an opinion that differed from someone more senior than you?   Answer Question

SummerChicago Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

HR was very friendly and helped me with questions along the way. I had a virtual interview. I had two interviews. Both were very relaxed and fun. The first interview was more about my skills which was quite a lot of grilling followed by questions. The second was done by a senior HR person and they wanted to know more about my personality through some problem solving questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Applied online and was offered a phone screening with a recruiter, 3 rounds of interviews with 3 different employees. Decision was made within 1-2 weeks of the interview. Received an offer letter for the internship.

Interview Questions

• What is one example of a stressful work situation that you have dealt with? How did you address the issue?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Edelman in March 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with the deputy managing director for an internship in their Barcelona office. After a few days I was offered the position as an intern & set up my start date. The interview was centered around getting to know my background and gauging if I had the writing abilities and overall knowledge and to do well within the company. I suggest doing your fair share of research on Edelman and the companies they work with. Questions and discussion topics were heavily rooted in understanding Edelman, their culture, how they're different than advertising firms, and what they can do for their clients. The interviewer was kind and made me feel comfortable throughout the process!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your background   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Edelman and the work we do?   Answer Question
    • What do you think the difference is between communications marketing and advertising?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. First interview was a phone screen with recruiter. Second interview with my prospective manager. Both were very friendly, open, and conversational. 4 weeks later was offered the position.