Edelman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2018

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Brand Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

It was very straightforward. I felt like my interviewers weren't wasting my time and that I wasn't wasting mine either. The position was also one that required skills I had not been trained for in college, which was a feat that we were all very open about. Overall it was a good experience.

Consumer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL).

Interview

45 minute phone conversation with a Senior Account Executive. She was very nice and wanted it to be more of a conversation than an interview. We started by walking through my resume, then typical interview questions and then ended with 10-15 minutes of questions on my part. I was not hired for this exact position but landed another through Edelman.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was very rigorous. I applied through a referral, continued the application process through email communications and 2 phone screenings with HR. Had a face to face interview with HR recruiter, a week later, i was invited for an in-person interview with a team lead, 2 one more week later I had a phone interview with Senior management and another team member and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation-

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

It took a couple of weeks to get a call from HR. We scheduled a phone interview and we briefly spoke about my resume, but more so about my education. Since I switched directions a bit into marketing so I geared my interview towards that. She mainly asked me on the type of research I did and if I felt comfortable working with quantitative data. Then she was worried if I could manage still being a student and working full time. After I assured i could she agreed to schedule an in person interview with 3 different people. She told me who and exact time a day before I was supposed come in. We had previously agreed on a day.

It was to work with one of their biggest clients. I first met with someone who worked for the entire brand. The second was the actual director of the team I was interviewing for and lastly the one of the VP's of Edelman Digital.

They were standard questions about my resume and my experiences in Data Analysis and research. They also asked a bunch of marketing questions, my favorite brand, social medias, and why. Why Edelman and marketing and so forth. Pretty standard and almost each of them exact the exact same question I was almost tripping over myself.

The VP also asked a bunch of standard random personality questions as well. Am in support of dental and why? What do I like to do in my free time? He also gave me wound advice and we had a great conversation.

Overall I had a pleasant experience and they were extremely thoughtful and nice. I would love to re apply for position in the future.

They really care about if your personality fits in with their department. Just didn't like how 2 of the people I interviewed with just started working there even though they were experienced. I felt as though for the most part they would have more difficulty judging appropriate personality for the team since they have been there for max a week.

Interview Questions

• Which company or brand do you think does a poor Job of using social media?   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, heard back within the week. After trading emails we scheduled a phone interview. The talent recruiter was very easy going and personable. I felt like the phone interview was used as a personality gauge more than an experience gauge. My in-person interview was conducted with the Sr. Producer, Creative Director, and Group Creative Director.

Interview Questions

• How has your prior experience prepared you for where you are in your career now?   Answer Question

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

After call with recruiter, I went in for personal interview. It seemed very informal, conversational, and more like a gut-check meeting. Apparently I didn't pass. I almost would have preferred a more formal interview with hard-core Q&A.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

There will be multiple rounds of discussions where you start off speaking with junior analysts, the PMs, the VP and then the head of the NY office. Sometimes this can happen over one very long day or multiple visits.

Interview Questions

• no curve balls, they want you to prove that you understand all aspects of research and its role in communications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In an effort to counter negotiations, they tell you you will work ffor the largest, independent PR agency -- really stressing the Edelman name.

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

HR Phone interview, in person interview with Vice President and senior account exec. I'd sent a resume to someone I knew at the company and they passed it to HR

Interview Questions

• What from your past experience would help you do this job?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Edelman?   Answer Question
    • BioScience is different from other PR groups, is it something you're interested in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted a 3-month internship to hire

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I sent in my application through the website and got an email from HR within the week to set up an interview. Had my interview the next week at the office, the interviewer was very nice, friendly, and welcoming. We talked for about 45 minutes to an hour, it was more conversational then I expected but it made the interview a lot less intimidating. Got the interviewers business card and followed up with them afterwards. It's been almost a month since my interview and I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What social media outlets do you follow to stay up to date with current (PR) trends?
      Do you have any experience with paid media?
      Tell me about your previous experiences and what you've learned.
      Why do you want to work in PR?
      Why do you want to work at Edelman?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I reached out to HR for the position, they responded in a very timely manner and we set up a 30 minute phone call. After that call I was told a day later that they wanted to see me the following week in person. The in-person interview included 30min conversations with three team members and then 1 hiring manager. All conversations went well and were fairly relaxed in nature. After that interview I received an email promptly asking to set up time for writing test. The writing test was fairly relevant to the job and took 2 hours. NEXT... I waited and waited to hear back from HR with any kind of feedback. I emailed them eventually just checking in and kept receiving emails saying I would hear soon and they were just completing other interviews. I sent a final email about two weeks later saying I was still interested, but would have to move forward elsewhere if I heard nothing- and that I generally would just appreciate some feedback since I did devote quite a bit of time to the process. Over one month later and I get a very vague email from the HR recruiter saying they went with a different candidate for their skills better matched position. Overall that lack of clear communication during the final stages and following the process made this- unfortunately- a really unappealing and overall negative experience. I understand HR is very busy- but to not get back to a candidate who has taken a 2 hour writing test and spent hours interviewing even just to say hey, we are moving forward with other options but here was the feedback from the team- was pretty negative. I found that at other agencies the promptness and clarity in responsiveness from HR coordinators / the teams I interviewed with were much, much higher than with Edelman.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I received an email asking me to apply for this position based on another job that I applied for at Edelman. I sent my resume and cover letter via email to the HR coordinator who asked me to apply. I had a phone interview with this person and then four consecutive Skype interviews with different team members. I sent follow-up emails to all of the people I interviewed with, they said they would get back to me within the next two weeks. After the two weeks I followed up again via email, no response.