Edelman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edelman Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.9

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

First I completed an HR phone screen, then I was brought into the office for a first round in-person interview with 3 different people, then I was given a writing test, and then a second in-person with some additional team members.

Internal Communications Specialist Interview

Interview

I just want to preface that I have interned at Edelman before. I had the most positive and enriching experience. I was surrounded with smart, creative people; encouraging managers and involved mentors.

The below review is solely about my most recent experience.

I did not apply for this job online, I was contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter with Edelman NY on August 15th. The recruiter and I scheduled some time to speak the next day at 6:15 p.m. The recruiter didn't call, I followed up at 6:20 p.m. asking if something came up. She got back to me at 7:45 p.m. letting me know that 'the day escaped her'.

I completely get that everyone is busy and things come up during the day: no big deal. We re-scheduled for the next day, same time.

Come 6:15 p.m. the following day – she didn’t call, I followed up and she didn't reply.

Honestly, I didn't apply for this job and it isn't exactly what I'm doing right now so no harm done. I just felt compelled to relay this experience. As a professional and a prospective employee, I think taking a few seconds to tell someone you’re no longer interested, can go along way. Especially if you are the one that initiated the exchange.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Submitted an online application. About a month later I was offered a phone interview. Two weeks after that I came in person for a four person panel interview, followed by an assessment.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Met with several members of the team. The process was nice and straightforward. Questions are mostly around your previous experiences. Writing skills matter. All team members are very nice.

Creative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Recruiter missed our initial screen several times and only when I e-mailed did it get rescheduled. The phone screen went well and the recruiter was very friendly. I was then scheduled to meet two people in person. At the last minute one of them couldn't make it. The one person I interviewed with seemed disinterested and just talked about himself. He didn't give me a chance to ask any questions about the role and then said he was going to find the second person I was supposed to interview with and left. She then wasn't available. It was the strangest interview I ever went on. I followed up with next steps and heard back weeks later they went with someone else.

Legal Interview

Interview

Called late and was rushing through the phone interview. The recruiter did 90% of the talking and did not give me a chance to respond or ask questions. His explanation of the opening was very different than the job description that was posted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

The process started with a brief phone interview with the recruiter, and then had two Skype interviews with a total of 3 managers in the department to which I applied. The whole process took a couple of months start to finish.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Edelman has an organized, effective interview process. It's clear that there is a strategy behind each interviewers' focus because no one asked the same interview question twice (which I really appreciated as the candidate!). I felt like they were trying to get to know me and have a conversation, and the recruiter I worked with was an excellent communicator and prompt. I met with four people (two phone calls, one onsite meeting) in three rounds of conversations and had an offer in roughly three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt compelled to share an opinion that differed from someone more senior than you?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman in June 2017.

Interview

Had a positive phone interview and enjoyed speaking with their recruiter. She was upfront about the fact that there was likely someone soon to be placed in the position but would possibly be have additional opportunities in the near future. Have happily kept in touch.

SummerChicago Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

HR was very friendly and helped me with questions along the way. I had a virtual interview. I had two interviews. Both were very relaxed and fun. The first interview was more about my skills which was quite a lot of grilling followed by questions. The second was done by a senior HR person and they wanted to know more about my personality through some problem solving questions.