Emerson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.8

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

The interview process was typical. The first round of qualifying was through the Human Resources department, then to the hiring manager and followed by a group review. They wanted to know background experience and department fit.

Interview Questions

• How I could benefit or improve their current processes.   Answer Question

Materials Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA).

Interview

The interview lasted from 9:30-4 and included lunch. In addition to providing a sample of my technical writing, a technical presentation was required.
    The technical presentation was first, followed by interviews with the Materials Engineering Manager, Engineering Specialist, Additive Materials Engineering Specialist, Materials Engineers, Assistant Engineer, VP of Additive Manufacturing & Materials Technology, Director of Engineered Products, and Manager of Risk Mitigation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used your materials knowledge to solve a problem where the solution was not immediately apparent.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Coop Interview

Interview

I had one phone interview. I talked on the phone for about 45 min. They told me a lot about the company, and how the coop programs works. I think the interview process is a lot less technical that people expect.

IT Coop Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and then they brought me in for an in person interview. When I came in I ended up having 3 interviews with 5 different people. The interview wasn't that difficult with mostly behavioral questions. They said that I would hear back from them early the next week. After 2 weeks of not hearing anything I reached out the the HR rep who then told me my resume was being passed around for other positions and that I should hear from her in a week. Two months later I have yet to hear a yes or no from them.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted and had a phone interview. After that I was brought in for 4 in person interviews. Three were with people in the department I would be working in and one by a HR person.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you want to gain from working at Emerson?   Answer Question

Eil Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Emerson (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

There was group case study, an Emerson headquarters tour, a presentation on the program and some interviews. Pretty laid back process which may have made it difficult to stand out from the crowd but well put together.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Austin, TX).

Interview

1. Online application and resume submittal. 2. Phone interview with hiring manager (went well.) 3. Onsite interviews with 4 people over 4 hours (VP, HR, Hiring Mgr, Peer Dir, lunch with potential direct reports, VP) 4. Detailed application and background check 5. Phone interview with VP

Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Emerson (Woodbury, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to do a phone interview. Phone interview resulted in an in person interview one week later. I interviewed with multiple people over a span of four hours. I cannot say enough good things about this process or the people I met. Sure it was lengthy but this company is wants to be sure they have the right people in the right roles. This is A brilliant approach! My interview included mock calls, an inbox exercise where I had to prioritize work based on the information I was given. Every employee I talked to loved the company and had been there >10 years. I was so impressed when I left! I don't know if I will receive an offer but I had to submit this review!

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you took a big risk and what you learned from the outcome.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson in August 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR then the next day I was scheduled for an on site interview. The one site interview was with a panel of different managers and different departments. They asked a series of questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

Applied online. Had an interview with the manager. Asked about previous work experience and whether I had experience in soldering, bread boards and reading schematic. Received an offer three day later.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experiences do you have with soldering and lab equipments?   Answer Question