Emerson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Emerson Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

phone interview with 5 people at the other end. they asked a lot questions on my resume. It last for about an hour. I asked some questions about what type of reject they are doing and what I gonna do for this position. right now I still waiting to see the result of this phone screening.

Interview Questions

• they asked me to describe basically every project I listed on resume
      c++ abstract class VS. java interface
      Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

1st round interview- Managers were nice and inviting. They were excited about their jobs and the company. They seemed sincerely interested about what I had to say. (smiling and saying tell me more about xyz) They made the environment comfortable and relaxed.

Analyst Systems Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Emerson (Greenfield, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a two part process. I spoke to the head of operations and then I spoke with the two tech guys. The head of operations was helpful and fun to speak to. The tech guys were very informative and interesting to talk with.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever given a presentation to someone not familiar with technology?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

An initial HR phone call followed by a technical interview that revolved around Java and related applications and experience. A bit of meeting peers, management, and others within the anticipated group followed.

Interview Questions

• My application development experience, how I approach programming etc.   Answer Question

IT Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

After filling out an online application, I had a phone interview with the LAN admin, then had a skype interview with HR. They got back to me within two weeks to offer the job.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Emerson (Round Rock, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy, they are all lug heads. All you have to do is give them some spiel about working until 4 and staying late to get the job done.The culture at Emerson Process Management is all about corporate values and all the same sound bytes you've heard before at other large companies.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Microsoft Project? SharePoint?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Austin, TX).

Interview

It was a very easy process with interviews with multiple engineers. Answered questions, talked with them about applicable experience. There were no technical questions. Mostly all were behavioral or questions about resume experience

Inside Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheshire, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emerson (Cheshire, CT).

Interview

Series of phone three phone interviews. Then I had two in person interviews. The first was a screen interview by HR, main focus was the willingness to relocate. The second interview was by a person in my position at another office. This focused more on my capabilities. Third phone interview was done by the manager with focus on personality and work ethic. After the phone interview came two interviews in person. First was done by the home office. Next interview was done by district manager and management team.

Interview Questions

• Why would I be an asset to the company?
      Am I comfortable in sales and communicating with people?
      How do I handle deadlines and responsibilities when overwhelmed?
      Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was a HR personnel then Team Lead then Local and Foreign Manager.
    I also took exams, English proficiency. Business Letter writing, grammar and Oral interview from a third party.

Lifecycle Services Customer Value Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guaynabo, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emerson (Guaynabo, PR) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview with HR initially and a second interview with the hiring manager. Both were casual in nature as it was an internal position. Both interviewers provided excellent feedback and I answered all questions. HR was interested in my salary perspective and my willingness to relocate whereas the hiring Manager was more interested in my skill set and capabilities to perform the job.