Emerson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Emerson Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

Applied online. Had an interview with the manager. Asked about previous work experience and whether I had experience in soldering, bread boards and reading schematic. Received an offer three day later.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experiences do you have with soldering and lab equipments?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Lake Charles, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online a month before getting a follow up survey by email. Day after I replied to the email I got a call from HR setting up an interview. It was really relaxed, more conversational. Great interviewers!

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an on site interview with the engineering manager and a second interview a week later with the VP of engineering and 3 engineers.
    Overall the process is straightforward, easy people to talk to , seems like a good company

Innovation Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Started out with a series of phone interviews and then went to an onsite series of interviews. On the second set of onsite interviews they sent me an itinerary five days before, but did not set up an travel. Someone totally dropped the ball on the logistics piece. Also found it odd that they were not very well organized, made me feel like an outsider the whole time.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral type questions about experiences.   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I was flown out to their Sidney, Ohio plant and given a day long interview. I met with members of the team as well as HR and other direct manufacturing teams.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Emerson, and older company, verses somewhere such as Google?   Answer Question

Entry Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

Very friendly environment, interview was more casual and conversation-like. They focused on being able to answer your questions as well as asking technical and situational questions to understand your though processes.

Interview Questions

• Situational, based on items on your resume to prove you posses the skills you stated.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Emerson (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

It was a 4 month long process, partly due to the holidays that included two rounds of phone interviews, a skype interview, an on site interview, followed by additional phone interviews. There was also rigorous personality, reasoning, and mathmatics testing - about a half day of testing.

MBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

There was one simple phone screener, followed by a round one with a department head, and then round two consisted of meeting with several VP's. Questions were all behavioral based and relatively conversational.

Interview Questions

• During your last job, what excited you and made you want to get out of bed in the morning?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with manager and human resources. what more do you want me say about an interview I didn't get the job. This is very annoying and not helpful in any way that benefits me.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Emerson (Shakopee, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Did an interview on campus after a university career fair. Heard back form an HR rep and set up an interview at their Rosemount facility. Since I was out of town they got a hotel room about a mile from the facility. Came in the next morning and did 3-1 hour panel interviews. No tour or anything, just in and out. Overall interviewers were nice and asked basic questions. Have never returned a call or responded to an email since.