Express Scripts Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Express Scripts Project Manager Interview Questions

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. One with the recruiter, the second with the team leaders and the third with the teams directors. The first two were to engage your qualifications and the last was to understand your personality and how well you would fit with their group.

Interview Questions

• 1) How many balls would fit in this room?
    2) What angel are the hands of the clock at 9:15?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Express Scripts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was done online. The questions appear on the screen, and you have 3 minutes to answer. The answers are recorded. The system crashed halfway through the interview. I was scared to exit out of the system for fear it would not reload. The instructions were insufficient, and it is difficult to do a one-sided interview as you have no back and forth, and cannot read any body language. You also have no opportunity for clarifying anything. It felt very impersonal, and gave me the impression they did not care enough about their candidates to actually speak with them.

There was no feedback given at all. Though this took place many, many months ago, their website still lists me as under consideration. Either they do not close out their positions or this is the longest interview process I've ever had. Either way, more communication is needed.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express Scripts in May 2016.

Interview

5 back to back 30 minute interviews
    This question seems simple, so many people fail to prepare for it, but it's crucial. Here's the deal: Don't give your complete employment (or personal) history. Instead give a pitch—one that’s concise and compelling and that shows exactly why you’re the right fit for the job. Start off with the 2-3 specific accomplishments or experiences that you most want the interviewer to know about, then wrap up talking about how that prior experience has positioned you for this specific role.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

It was fairly easy - I had a phone interview, then a few in person interviews, including a presentation. I got a good feel for all of the people in the department from the interview. They could have covered work/life balance limitations more during the interview and/or the offer period, as it was covered instead on my first day and was pretty important - there are a lot of limitations on when we can take PTO, etc. But overall the interview was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you dealt with a difficult person   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2010.

Interview

Intereviewer was focused on personality and how individuals would "fit in" the Express Scripts culture to get the work completed. Internal problems within company forced interviewers to get individuals on the staff that would "get along" with the problem individuals.

First few weeks were difficult as management is very hands off and does not guide/mentor you through the ridget processes that are somewhat cumbersome on line. Expectation - if you come in as a Senior level, you should know all. Not much interaction with management as a consultant.

Management is weak and lacked the vision of the executive level to assist the business in meeting their business objectives.

Interview Questions

• If you where given a 6 project behind schedule over budget and your were told you have to deliver no matter what, what would you do to tell management you are over budget and schedule and you'll deliver on time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Through a staffing agency

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview was, I would say average. I was not very interested because when I got there, I was warned by certain people that this was not a great place to work. I heard it was very corrupt so I guess I sabotaged my very own interview because of all of these thoughts going through my head.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online; the process took 5 weeks. Interviewed at Express Scripts in 2010.
    The same Human Resources employee conducted an initial phone screening and a second phone interview. The Dept. Manager interviewed me in person. No follow-up contact post interview. Weeks later, I received a better offer from a more professional company in the area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express Scripts (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2007.

Interview

I had two phone interviews before my in-person interview. The same HR person conducted both of these phone interviews at different times. My Express Scripts experience started to sour the second I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. My HR contact could not even provide me the address of the location I was supposed to go to! Express Scripts had 7 locations in the Saint Louis area at that time and the location I was going to had just opened. Her exact words were “I think it’s just 1 Express Scripts Drive” Because the facility was brand new, I couldn’t locate “Express Scripts Drive” on any maps so I was relying on her directions. She promised me that the building was right by the highway and I could see it from the highway. She also told me to call her if I had problems and she would be more than happy to assist me. I leave the day of the interview, follow HR’s directions, and there’s no Express Scripts! I call my HR contact and guess what? Even though I talked to her the day before, she neglected to tell me she’s on vacation for a week starting the day of my interview. So after talking to an Express Scripts operator, I realize my HR contact gave me the worst directions EVER. Not only could she not give me the address of the building, but she told me the building was located by the WRONG highway. So, needless to say I’m ½ an hour late to my interview. To make matters worse, the building is practically vacant when I arrive and the manager I was supposed to meet with left work at 2, my interview was at 4. His assistant interviewed me for all of 2 minutes and I could tell was totally pissed having to stay there until 4:30 on a Friday. She even told me that in the summer everyone usually leaves around 3 (Then why the F*** was my interview at 4?). When I finally walked out of Express Scripts at 4:43 I was completely convinced that I would rather wait tables than work for Express Scripts. They must have read my mind because I never heard from them again. No phone call, no letter, nada. They are the only company I’ve ever “interviewed” with (I use that term lightly here) that I’ve never received any type of response from.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Very professional and calculated.