Foresters Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Foresters Financial Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

First, phone call from the recruiter and then sat in a group setting to hear about the company and then did one on ones with manager. The group setting was very informative about the training and what the company had to offer.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Invited to a group interview after talking to a recruiter at a careers fair. The interview itself was in fact more of a sales pitch about the company.

We were told about the charity work the company does, and were told that we had all displayed the sort of skills required to work in the industry. In truth, I think this was a little disingenuous and that in reality they will take on many recruits expecting most to fail after a few months. However, this is a reality for the life insurance market as a whole and not simply this company.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It starts with a group interview where we were told about the company, the job duties, training and discussed about case studies. After the group interview, each candidate were held into individual interviews which was really short. They asked around 5 questions. If you pass the first round you might be asked to come in for the second process of the interview.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

They set up your appointment time and it's a cattle call interview. There were 5 other people there and they go through a scripted hour long presentation where they talk up their company. After the presentation they interview you one on one. It's basically a sales position where you sell life insurance, not a financial position. You don't even need a background in finance or accounting. Overall not what it is made out to be, you don't give financial advice despite being called an "advisor".

Intern Interview

Interview

Informational presentation along with Q&A. After that you had individual interviews with team members. Interview was easy, consisting mostly of fit questions with no technicals questions. It was a very easy interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Addison, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly quick and straight forward. I got a completely different impression about the position upon the interview. Recent graduates, be careful taking a position like this.

Interview Questions

• Were you interested in investments prior to applying to this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Went in for 2 separate interviews a week apart, which I had to drive 3 hours to get to and 3 hours back. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. The manager "soft" offered me the job, which I accepted, but had to take an assessment which I took more than willingly. Then for 2 weeks failed to contact me after multiple emails from me about whether the offer still stood or not. During this time, I declined 3 different interview opportunities because I thought I already had a job. The manager did not contact me until the day before my supposed start date to tell me that I was "no longer wished to continue my candidacy". Overall, it is a mismanaged organization that does not care about its candidates

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting in with this organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial in May 2017.

Interview

Very friendly staff. Interview starts with a presentation about the company to the entire group of interns in the conference room. Then individual interviews. The individual interview is very laid back and very brief.

Interview Questions

• Why should you get this position over the other candidates?   1 Answer
    • Why finance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

They make everyone watch a PowerPoint presentation in a conference room and then proceed to fill your head with hopes of great earning potential if you can sell life insurance to clients.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that you can sell life insurance to your friends and family?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Woburn, MA).

Interview

Avoid this place. Started off with a group interview where a sleazy sales person tried to convince us why the company is so great and why we should be selling to our close friends and family members. Only take this offer if you want to ruin relationships with close acquaintances by selling horrible product. Did not bother showing up for second round of interviews.