IRS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2017

2.5

Contact Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRS (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Was selected without an interview and was contacted with an offer letter in about 2 to 3 months with a start date. There was not an interview was selected by being one the best candidates for the position.

File Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IRS.

Interview

3 month-4 month window from application submission to selection and placement. No interview given. Submit application through USAJobs, wait 4 months, receive an email regarding selection, attend the orientation, if selected. Receive unit placement at the orientation. Yay you got a job!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IRS.

Interview

Straightforward interview with friendly interviewer. Questions were related to my background and experience, with no behavioral questions. Heard back in about three days with an offer, provided that i submit to a fingerprint and background check.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and prior tax law experience   1 Answer

Interview

After application you get invited for assessment test via simulation. If you pass with Cat A then you get invited for interview. Panel interview about 45 minutes. And last is the offer. Just make sure you're honest and answer logically.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is much room for negotiation. Salary is based on GS grade scale and depending your qualifications between education and experience you get placed at a certain grade level.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Mount, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IRS (Rocky Mount, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Received a call after four or five days andthey interview me first over the phone, they had a recording machine and there was 3 people listening to me, next asked me to come for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me What I know about IRS.....What are my weaknesses? Why should they hire me? Can I work under Pressure? and much more questions   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRS (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on USAJobs and after 3 weeks they called me to set up in an in-person interview. The interview took place at their office and lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• What are five words you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Internal Revenue Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

the interview is a 3 panel interview, and each of the interviewers ask you a questions one by one and you have to respond. They take notes on your responses and they proceed to the next question. You have to impress most of them to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had shifting priorities, and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IRS (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interview consisted of office questions, such as experience with typing and computer skills, filing skills, and answering telephones, and other various clerical duties. The interviewer went over clerical duties and skills required, pay and benefits and work schedule.

Interview Questions

• They asked whether I worked best individually or in a group situation.   1 Answer

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRS (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

There was no interview in person. All of the interviewing was done prior to the first day of face to face. It was more like fingerprints and get your identification badge. Apply and you got the job. But you have to listen to an orientation that takes several hours.

Interview Questions

• What hours do you want to work   1 Answer

ERS Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRS (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Online mostly. Had to go inside the building to submit paperwork. BEWARE: TAKE A COPY OF WHAT YOU COMPLETED ONLINE, THEY MAY NOT HAVE IT! BARELY FINISHED MINE IN A HURRY!