IRS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IRS (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Ridiculous questions provided by fools. Takes months before they (IRS) gets back to you.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle exceeded time budgets?   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Bowie, MD).

Interview

Regardless of the job for which you're applying, write an extensive, LONG resume. One job per page - and fill each page with your responsibilities, accomplishments, how you overcame challenges, and how you contributed or improved your working environment. This isn't the private sector resume with bullet points! ELABORATE on your resume. You need to paint a picture for Human Resources so they know exactly who you are, how you managed your work day, and how you excelled or overcame challenges.

Also, follow the instructions on the job announcement. Include your employer, address, phone number, month & year of employment, full-time or part-time, and the number of hours you worked per week. Some managers conduct a phone interview first, so be prepared. Dress and professionally - whether on the phone or in person. Be calm, confident, and tell the truth. They will find out if what you say is factual.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with the IRS?   1 Answer

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IRS (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Cold, very regimented. It felt as though the interviewers were simply trying to get through the questionns. when I answered a question, one of the interviewers asked if I was in private industry. this was clearly obvious if my resume was read prior to.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 greatest strengths?   1 Answer

Attorney, IRS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IRS (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Interview was for entry level attorney position with Chief Counsel's Office. Interviewer asked questions of substantive nature regarding subchapters C and K. The offices appeared to be made up of primarily cubicals with a few walled offices and conference rooms. The environment was sterile but secure, standard government offices. I never heard a single word back from them.

Interview Questions

• What section of the code would you change if you had the power to do so and how?   Answer Question

Attorney, IRS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IRS (Boston, MA) in April 2009.

Interview

Met with the two managers in the office. We spoke mostly about my work experience, and I asked a few questions about the position. The interview was very short (about a half hour).

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRS.

Interview

Phone call originally to set up an interview. I was told that when the actual phone interview happened there would be about 4 or 5 people on the call and they could not give me any further information regarding the interview until it was happening. They called a half hour earlier and said they knew they were calling earlier and asked if it was ok or did they need to call back. I was okay with it.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of questions such as have you ever been put in a particular situation and how did you resolve it. Some of the situations were a disgruntled customer, a uncooperative co worker, a manager or direct authority figure etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IRS (New York, NY).

Interview

There is Centralized hiring and you submit 3 top choices, but you could be sent anywhere in the United States. You must take an examination plus a very detailed difficult interview. One on one as well as group interviews. Drug testing and Psychological testing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Special Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IRS.

Interview

Once application is reviewed, a test is administered. If there are openings, multiple panel interview take place. If an offer is made, choice of cities are ranked 1 - 10. If major city, will be placed, not guarantee of where you will be located

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Tacoma, WA) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview process was not very challenging. The people were very professional and a pleasure to meet. The process consisted of:
    1:1 interview
    fitness test
    exam
    panel interview
    It was a good experience but very painful waiting over a month for a response. I found out that they are really looking for someone who can speak 2 or more languages, so if you don't you really do not have much of a chance.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied on USAjobs.gov. A few weeks later received a call to do an interview and testing. The interview consisted of two people. A manager and a collection rep. After interview was a call simulation and computer test. If you passed the test then you were invited for FBI fingerprinting and background checks.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handle conflicts with an angry customer?   Answer Question