IRS Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 274 of over 274 interviews

Campus Recruiting5%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

IRS

Application

I interviewed at IRS

Interview

Very good interview process. 3-4 people were interviewing me. It was a Skype interview however, it was only a voice call. There were no technical questions only competency based questions were asked.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself, how did you deal tough situation
    Answer Question

IRS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at IRS

Interview

No interview, just paperwork. You'll get emails giving you updates throughout the process, letting you know where you stand. There is a lot more paperwork once you get an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

IRS

Application

I interviewed at IRS

Interview

There was an interview with two revenue agent managers in person, prior was an application and a few online tests that tested ability to multi-task, schedule, deal with deadlines, and things of that nature

Interview Questions
  • A lot of the questions were around dealing with people, especially those who are upset, and how you would handle certain situations.
4 people found this interview helpful

IRS

Application

I interviewed at IRS

Interview

The interview process is very easy. If you have one year of employment they will hire you. The questions during the interview are very basic interview questions like How would you deal with irate customers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your customer service skills?
  • Why should we hire you?

IRS

Application

I interviewed at IRS

Interview

This position does not do an interview or what anything whatsoever. When you are put into the best qualified category and there's enough room you will be selected. It goes off of your education and experience.

Interview Questions
  • The questions are located on usajobs.gov. however, there are no interview questions. It goes directly off of your resume and how you answer the questions on the survey that are given to.

IRS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRS

Interview

No interview. They send you an email to take the online assessment and if you rate high enough, you get an offer. Then you get fingerprinted, badge, etc. Do paperwork,swear in then it’s official. You’re a fed

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

IRS

Application

I interviewed at IRS

Interview

There was no phone, virtual, or physical interview, only the federal background check and fingerprinting which took a little bit to come back and then I was offered the job

Interview Questions
  • No questions physically asked, just the basic application questions

IRS

Application

I interviewed at IRS

Interview

There was no interview just submitted resume and took a scenario test with a few math type problems . They got back to me within a couple weeks after the test .

Interview Questions
  • There was no interview for the job.

IRS

Application

I interviewed at IRS

Interview

I can honestly say the training was very poor. We were thrown in, I learned this position is fast pace, a ton of information, and slightly confusing if you do not have a call center or tax experience. If you love to search for financial problems and solution, this job is for you.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRS (Maitland, FL) in Aug 2020

Interview

It is a panel interview. Have three different people on the phone and each one of them has 2 different questions. They are really nice. The people who conduct the interview is not the same as​ HR. They can mention something like when can you get hired but do not quote them on that.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you are a good candidate IRA?
  • While examining a dealership they offer 10K off the car regardless of​ what is the outcome of the audit. How do you handle that?
  • Audit clients cannot give you all the books record and financial statements​. What do you do to get a complete picture?
  • You assigned 10 cases to be completed in 4 weeks but have training for the last 2 weeks. How do you handle it?
  • You are assigned to a company and the initial CPA and the tax attorney present at the moment. In the middle of the interview, the attorney interrupts​ your work; saying that you are not capable to do your job. What will you do?
  • An agent retired and all of her works were given to you; included the upcoming interview with clients. How do you handle that on top of your schedule?
73 people found this interview helpful