IRS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IRS Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.5

Interview

After application you get invited for assessment test via simulation. If you pass with Cat A then you get invited for interview. Panel interview about 45 minutes. And last is the offer. Just make sure you're honest and answer logically.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is much room for negotiation. Salary is based on GS grade scale and depending your qualifications between education and experience you get placed at a certain grade level.

Internal Revenue Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

the interview is a 3 panel interview, and each of the interviewers ask you a questions one by one and you have to respond. They take notes on your responses and they proceed to the next question. You have to impress most of them to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had shifting priorities, and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IRS (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interview consisted of office questions, such as experience with typing and computer skills, filing skills, and answering telephones, and other various clerical duties. The interviewer went over clerical duties and skills required, pay and benefits and work schedule.

Interview Questions

• They asked whether I worked best individually or in a group situation.   1 Answer

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IRS (New York, NY).

Interview

interview was requested very quickly but they did not ask many questions. there were no curve balls and most of the time was spent going through the logistics of the program and the kind of work they do. it would have been nice if more of this information was on their website so that i could have known what i was applying for.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRS (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview took well over two hours. It was given by a high level panel of executives. It included the "Where do you see yourself in five years question." You have to be prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you to tell your manager if something is wrong?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IRS.

Interview

I completed the application in July few weeks later took the online assessment few weeks later received a tentative offer and had to complete some forms online a few days later went to get finger prints taken and finally a few weeks after received a firm offer in October. I never did a phone or in person interview.

Contact Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was never actuall individually interviewed, only JSAP tested and Eqip evaluated, and recieved a Firm offer letter within 6 months of my application. Process in its entirety was extremely simple just need to be patient and fair warning don't quit your job during or at any point in this process!

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IRS (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Somewhat disjointed; apparent confusion between the position applied for and the position for which I was interviewed, which were significantly different in terms of required experience and professional certifications desired. Very much a highly-regimented and scripted process, involving multiple parties; unclear as to which (if any) were actual decision makers. Presumably these qualities are characteristic of any governmental organization's hiring process, but this seemed unduly so.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience? Career objectives.   1 Answer

Not comfortable with organization structure, lines of authority. Expected greater clarity.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IRS (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online - USAJOBS. A month later I received a call from HR asking if I was still interested and inviting me to their offices for a panel interview. The interview was simple, general questions about myself, career path and professional experience.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer because the pay and grade was a joke... like a 40% pay cut from what I make now.

Internal Revenue Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRS.

Interview

The hiring process at the IRS is one big joke! After you complete an application and if you are deemed qualified, you are then invited to take this online assessment. The trick is that you get out of the assessment and you are not allowed to get back in to complete the assessment. Upon contacting the technical support hotline you get no support or assistance whatsoever. Don't even consider sending an email, they too ignore your question and provide an answer to a question that you didn't even ask. What a waste of taxpayer money!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer