Intuit Rotational Development Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Rotational Development Associate Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

They will interview you based upon what every employee is evaluated on: our Leadership Success Profile. These skills include: thinking strategically, driving for results, building high performing teams, innovating for impact, and inspiring through action. They also interview based upon the STAR methodology. That includes Situation, Task, Action, and Result. Try to answer each question they asked using that format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project or time you have been innovative.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No I was unable to negotiate as everyone in the program gets the same pay

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in November 2012.

Interview

Intuit recruits at my campus so I applied at our career fair. I had two on campus interviews, 30 mins each. One was a very traditional behavioral interview, "Tell me a time...". The other was a case study, they read me a short scenario, gave me five-ten minutes to think, then asked me to talk through my though process.

Next they flew me out to HQ for an "Open House" which consisted of three interviews and a day of activities/interactions with employees. I believe you are being pretty thoroughly evaluated all day. The interviews were almost identical to the on campus ones, two behavioral, one case.

Overall it was a pleasant and quick interview process, good people, great company.

Interview Questions

• The cases were the most difficult, they weren't all that in depth, but you could tell they expected a lot out of your answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

An HR person at Intuit contacted me to let me know that I would be having two thirty-minute phone interviews back to back, where I would call in to a conference line and each interviewer would be on the line at a prescribed time. However, when I called in for my first interview, there was no one on the line. I stayed on the line and called both HR contacts I had (from another phone), but neither picked up. Eventually, the second interviewer came on the line and asked some fairly basic behavioral questions.

HR then called me the next day to reschedule the first interview for later in the week, and when I dialed in a second time, I was listening to a dead line again. Finally, the next week, I completed the other phone interview, which consisted of behavioral questions along the same lines as those of the first interview. Then, it took two weeks, three emails and two phone calls to HR in order to receive an automated response informing me that I would not continue on in the process.

I enjoyed the people I spoke with...when I could get a hold of them. They seemed down to earth and friendly, and each emphasized the unique company culture at Intuit. However, I was extremely unimpressed and put off by the entire interview process overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to solve an unexpected problem on the fly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

One of the nicest groups of interviewers. They really want you to succeed and come across as being genuinely interested. The questions aren't too difficult and the interview questions are in a STAR format. Questions are not very difficult and they encourage/reward you for being yourself. It's a highly competitive position and they know exactly what type of candidate they're looking for (well-rounded, strong communication/interpersonal skills, flexible/adaptable, etc.).

They really court you during the process and leave you impressed with how they treat their candidates as well as their employees. We got picked up in limos from the airport for final rounds and the hotel accommodations were luxurious. They even had an after-interview happy hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you completed a project but it wasn't up to par. How did you remedy it? (asked for 3 separate examples)   1 Answer

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

A phone interview, then an onsite interview. 18 people were there; they told us only 12 will be selected. 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was given a description about a product and asked to persuade the interviewer why he should purchase said product/service from my company.   Answer Question

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit in February 2012.

Interview

So far the worst company I have interacted with. I received a call while passing through airport security and was thus unable to answer it. However, I promptly responded to the voicemail which was from the Intuit recruiter. The message was asking me if I was free for a phone interview the very next day and the day after. As I going for another interview the next day I wouldn't be free for an interview the next day.
    When I was finally able to get through to the recruiter after calling her back a few times within the hour and explained the situation to her, she said "Well it doesn't really matter anyway, when I called you and you didn't pick up I just called the next candidate. I don't think we are going to ask anymore people to interview for the position anymore." Needless to say, the recruiter's hasty interview process without any professional regard for candidates' time has left a negative impression on me.

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in November 2010.

Interview

One on-campus interview. Three interviews at Intuit. Most interviews are behavioral except for one interview on-site that is a case question. The program seems very well-designed and it Intuit really takes the time to put lots of resources into its candidates. I would advice people to study up on the STAR interview method and be prepared to give detailed scenarios of experiences that display a certain trait that they have. Working culture seems good and everyone that I met at the office is really nice. However, since the interviews were all very similar, it was hard to tell if I did well or not.

Interview Questions

• How would you introduce a new product in a new country. What steps would you go through?   Answer Question

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in November 2009.

Interview

Everything was set up through my university, so it was an easy process. Throughout the interviewing stage, all the interviewers I met were very friendly and clearly enjoyed what they were doing. Every step of the way was very professional and demonstrated why this was a great program to join.