Intuit Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Intuit

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

the interview consisted of two parts. first part was 45 mins hr interview. the second part was also 45 mins and it was a technical interview. hr interview consisted of general questions whereas the technical interview went in depth of C++ programming language.

Interview Questions

• Difference between c++ and java?   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the HR person, that went fine, a phone screen with the manager. That went fine as well, but he didn't ask me any technical questions which I believe would have set expectations of what they are looking for and save us all a bunch of time. After two weeks I was brought in for a in-person interview.

The interview went fine, I knew I didn't pass the technical bar. Again back to the phone screen process. If they would have asked some technical questions then we would have both knew they where looking for someone with backend knowledge and I could have gone to the beach for a day.

I never heard back from Intuit after the interview. I knew I didn't get the job as soon as I left. But it is common courtesy is you let the person know. Recruiters at Intuit need to do there job and provide basic feedback.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in January 2007.

Interview

I applied for the position through the school's website. I was brought into the company's headquarter and had a total of 4 interviews, with a combination of both behavioral and technical questions. The behavioral interviews consisted of what I did previously on my past internships and school projects and described situations in which I have demonstrated leadership ability. The technical interviews consist of programming questions and brain teasers. I would say that the people with whom I interviewed were all very amicable and intelligent.

Interview Questions

• You have two strings, each of which burns in exactly one hour, although not at a constant rate. How do you measure 45 minutes with only these two strings?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was given a set hourly wage and I decided not to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Waltham, MA) in March 2009.

Interview

intial from career fair at my university. talked and dropped off a resume. was called for an interview a week later on-campus. did two phone interviews a week after that, both from young employees of the company . mix of technical and personality questions. then did two in-person interviews a week after that. was contacted a couple of days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a system you've built and explain its features to me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview consisted of questions relating to prior project experience. Some data structure and time complexity questions.

Interview Questions

• pseudo code to check if a string is a palindrome   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Austin, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

2 interviews, behavioral and technical. for Dallas internship. Want you to know CSS, Javascript.

Interview Questions

• Finite State Machine to identify how a bit stream is divisible by 4.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

came in the career fair for co-op opportunities. Took 2 interviews and it was done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

2 - 3 rounds of phone interview followed by 5 - 6 rounds of technical interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

It was an internal referral so all I had was an on-site interview. I spoke with 7 different people from senior engineer to director. The interviews were fairly easy (maybe because it is an internal referral). I spent most of the time talking about my resume and discuss about Intuit's recent move to cloud platform.
    The interview lasted around 6 hours. I got a verbal offer at the same day after my interview. The overall experience is extremely positive. I can't wait to start my new job!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer is extremely generous. I didn't negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had first round of interview on phone, it was quite easy regarding what have you done so far.