J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.2

Bar/Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

I submitted a CV and application form and received a phone call a day or two later inviting me for an interview. After that there was a 2-hour (unpaid) 'work trial,' which I can't imagine anyone fails, an induction and then I started.

Bar Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

My interview was in the afternoon. I got there about fifteen minutes early and my interviewer was very nice. It didn't last very long and I felt relaxed pretty much throughout the interview. Be sure to research on the company, be confident and put a smile on your face and you should be fine.

Bar Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online heard back quickly, invited to an interview, Arrived about 15 minutes early, Interview took place in the pub in a quiet corner. Interviewer was nice and made me feel at easy even though I was pretty nervous. Lasted aprox 30 minutes he basically went through a list of questions and i'm also sure they do a thing where they tick the sheet everytime they notice you smile as a way to gauge how positive you are, i noticed this. asked my availability and invited me to a work trial 5 days later for 2 hours. Work trial went well. I was buddied up with a girl doing floor work (even though I applied to bar) the system was a little confusing to begin with but i made sure to chat to the customers a lot and offered to do stuff they didn't tell me to do such as the dishwasher in the bar they were very pleased with that because it was very busy, show initiative ask if you need any help and just be pleasant and smile and joke. theyre looking more for personality than experience but get stuck in, try to balance chatting with the staff and doing the work because you dont wanna be seen as unsocial because the jobs about your personality but dont wanna be seen as standing around either. after the work trial went back to the office where i had to fill out a really short like survey of the trial told me theyd get back to me in 2 days, got back to me via email and i received an offer :)

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Wetherspoons   1 Answer
    • What do you like about Wetherspoons?   1 Answer
    • If you came in and everyone was being really negative and unhappy how would you fix it?   1 Answer
    • What's good about the staff   1 Answer
    • How would you feel about asking for id? especially if theyre older than you   1 Answer

Bar Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Norwich, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Arrived about 15 minutes early, the offered me a drink and then sat down and waited until the manager came and took me to a quite area of the pub. Made me feel quite relaxed, questions weren't too difficult. Unfortunately I didn't get the job but i'm putting that down to the fact that they have lots of interviewees to pick from. Just be relaxed and confident and nice and it should go smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about wetherspoons?   1 Answer

Bar/Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Hey guys, so I applied online for a local weatherspoons, and in about a week received a call asking if I could come for an interview the following week. This was my first proper interview for a company so I was a bit nervous 😅 The pub manager makes you feel extremely comfortable as well as the rest of the staff asking if you would like something to drink etc. I was very surprised about how easy and straightforward the whole process was. The interviewer keeps to the questions he is given on a sheet so don't worry about any awkward questions like "what animal you would consider yourself to be"😂. The interview is all about selling yourself so do it! Why are you better than anybody else? For me, I had experience as a waiter and kitchen Porter, no experience on the bar and I still got the job! As well as selling yourself, be very genuine, a happy person , and show interest in the company! For me I was an extremely shy person not wanting to work with people.. to fix it , FAKE it. Pretend you're an extrovert, and in no time you'll genuinely love working with people . As for the questions, STUDY the background of the company, KNOW your CV inside out, think of times you went the extra mile for a customer, and how a past job changed your life(became a team player etc.). To wrap it up, be calm, be interested, be respectable and be yourself! Best of luck with the interview 😊

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about weatherspoons?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Double teamed from two managers who both asked quits and I have to answer both what else would happen plainly obvious and no need to be described in 50 words or more, bus through went over figures and business plan and what I could and would do take make the company profit until I do something wrong and then they start to interview someone else

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 2 years time   1 Answer

Bar Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Basically sat down with a manager and had a relaxed talk about the company. Very simple questions if you do your research. Made arrangements to do work trial later that week.

Bar Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Rang me on the phone and asked me a few basic questions such as right to work and availability. Then the invited me into a interview in the store, this was on a quiet morning and there was hardly anyone there. They were polite in offering me a drink for free. They then sat down and asked questions on a free table. When i was finished I left and was told they would get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Availability
      Ability to work
      Past expereinces
      Tell them when i had good customer feedback
      Them them when i had a bad experience at work and how i dealt with it
      Answer Question

Full-time Housekeeper - Cabot Court Hotel, Weston-super-Mare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston-super-Mare, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Weston-super-Mare, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

The job was advertised as full-time. I went to the trouble of filling in the application form. I was invited for an interview and rearranged other commitments to go, dressed appropriately and did my research. When the interview started with a question about why I had applied I answered that my current position was a zero hours (though plenty of hours available), contract and i wanted more job security. I was then told that the job on offer was not actually full-time but a 4 hour contract and you would be expected to live on that amount in quiet periods and work up to 6 days in the summer. I then terminated the interview as I am not in a position to vary my hours and pay by such extremes.
    This was apparently not a mistake but the system only allows them to describe a role as full-time or part-time when in fact the role needs somebody who is fully flexible at short notice!
    I would not have wasted my time if the job was described correctly and doesn't leave me with a good impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked one question before I withdrew my application.   1 Answer

Bar Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Carlisle, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Short and easy, It was a simple online application that only takes a few moments to fill out. this was followed by an email from them and the arrangement was made to pop in for a one on one interview followed by a trial session in the pub, after which the job was offered. this only took a few days. nice and simple