John Hancock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Registered Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at John Hancock (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Very timely, received an email to set up a phone screening with recruiter 2 days after applying. Basic questions regarding salary expectations, distance to office, tell me about yourself, and tell me why you want this role. Formal interview scheduled day after phone interview. Offer followed the day after the formal interview. Interview questions were structured around challenges and expectations of the position and working environment, didn't waste time with basic questions regarding strengths, weaknesses, or silly questions to throw you off. Had ability to demonstrate strengths and ability to excel in role through other questions in the interview. Good structured interview tailored to getting to know you as an applicant and your ability to perform in the given role and contribute to the team/company. Standard one hour block interview with one manager, although ours did run a bit longer. Potential for second interview with other management staff depending on position and initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   Answer Question
    • (Since management would be at a different location) Questions regarding work environment preferences, comfort level working with offsite management, management styles etc   Answer Question
    • (Since position requires client & internal dept interaction) Tell me about a time (e.g. demonstrating passion for providing client-centric solutions / went above and beyond assisting colleague)   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you disagreed with a decision by management / by another department. (Two similar questions)   Answer Question

Apr 4, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing a review. We certainly take pride in what we do and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and quick. I was contacted by Recruiter almost immediately for a phone screen and was then scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What technology are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Dec 15, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We are excited to hear that you had a great experience with us! Congratulations on your accepted offer!

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Hancock.

Interview

Very relaxed and casual. Interviewers were friendly and dint try to stump you with any questions. Everything was straightforward and behavioral. No need to stress over an interview of this type as they simply want to learn more about you.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe an actuary to someone who has never heard of one before?   Answer Question

Oct 12, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We are happy to hear that you had a positive interviewing experience with us and value this feedback from our candidates. Congratulations on your accepted offer!

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Hancock.

Interview

Straightforward resume run through where I described my background and interests and why I would be right for the role. There were two interviewers and they were very friendly. I felt good about the whole process.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

Oct 9, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. Congratulations on your accepted offer!

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through college, interviewed on campus, invited back to main office for "Super day" which consisted of two more interviews and then a presentation on what makes John Hancock internship better than others.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

Nov 7, 2017 – Campus and Sourcing Coordinator

We are excited to hear that you had a great experience with us! Candidate experience is important to us, so thank you for this valuable feedback.

LTC Wellness Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

They asked about my experience, and spent most of their time explaining the project I would be on. They asked about my resume and asked me to explain it more in depth.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

Aug 23, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for posting a review on your interview experience. As we strive towards a great candidate experience for all, your feedback is just what we need to ensure this happens consistently.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at John Hancock.

Interview

Spoke to hiring manager by phone (position was home based), answered questions about my experience. Discussed salary expectations, work availability, experience. I was able to ask many questions of interviewer. It was quick and professional.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

Jun 14, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing a review of your interview. We are constantly striving to improve and optimize the candidate experience and feedback from candidates can only help us deliver on this commitment.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted quickly after applying online. The HR rep was informative and helpful during the initial phone interview. I was invited into the office to interview, the interviewer was 10 minutes late and the front desk security could not get in touch with them. One of my scheduled interviewers did not show up. After I followed up with my interviewers/HR rep, I never heard from John Hancock again regarding my status. Any e-mail, positive or negative, from someone would have been great.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience, and we would love to understand more so we can follow up internally. If... More

Sales Interview

Interview

Short. Not very formal. Very few questions. Laid back. Wanted to know about what I was going to bring to the table in regards to leads, had me make a list of family and friends, the question was who would you invite to your wedding and make a list.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

May 16, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing a review of your interview. As we constantly strive to improve and optimize the candidate experience, we would welcome the opportunity to learn more from you at... More

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Got the interview invitation a week after submit the application. The interviewer was nice and friendly. The questions are mainly behavioral questions, wasn't to hard but need to prepare.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing a review on your interview experience. We constantly strive to improve and optimize the candidate experience, so we really appreciate your feedback.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process went for two weeks. And they declined me two weeks after, The total interview holding for 30 mins. It was a person to person interview. The HR pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• More about relevant experience. Like experience about my internship before or my intention to start my project.   Answer Question

May 8, 2017 – Campus Talent Acquisition & Social Media Specialist

Thank you for sharing this review. We constantly strive for the best candidate experience, and we are happy to hear yours was a positive one!