John Hancock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred to Hancock by an employee. There was a phone screening before being offered an in-office interview. I interviewed in three stages: with two peers, a manager and a director. The whole process took about a week before being made an offer.

Interview Questions

• How experienced are you working with cross-functional teams?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Brief phone screening, longer phone call. Fairly smooth process, spoke primarily with HR. Scheduling was easy, interviewer was very serious and not very conversational. Overall professional and well-run interview process.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in this internship?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at John Hancock.

Interview

One phone screening with HR for about 30 minutes to cover basic background and resume based questions and a 1 hour in person interview with hiring manager and senior analyst to go over resume and work experience more in depth.

Internship Interview

Interview

I had campus interview and it took 2 month. 1 to 1 interview with director and HR .employee. They were very nice and it was a very good experience. Just be prepared to answer basic interview questions.

Pricing Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

Standard process. Phone screen and on site with 5 persons. HR handled professionally and responded timely if they know the update. It takes more than a month before I know that I was not chosen. I feel they prefer internal candidates or person who has the exact experience.

Interview Questions

• standard behavior questions. Asked about new product pricing experience, previous work experience, why apply in a life insurance company because my prior experience mainly on health side.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at John Hancock.

Interview

The recruiters were nice and the interview environment was not too serious. Most questions are behavior questions and few easy level SQL and coding questions. They valued the way I thinking, so even if Im not able to give the perfect answer, the recruiters still want to know my thought to the questions.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA).

Interview

There were two, 30 minute two on one interviews. It was mostly behavioral. I applied online through my college site and interviewed a week later. However, they told me they would let me know in one week and it took over 2 weeks to receive my rejection email.

Business Analysis Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview process is pretty straightforward. Back to back interviews, first with someone in the role and another with two higher ups. The first interview revolved mostly around the role itself and my actual experience. The second one was more behavioral baed.

Interview Questions

• If you were developing an app, what would be the process you go through?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate (Remote) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (Lebanon, MO) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted back within a day or two to arrange a short phone interview and on it after confirming my qualifications and what the job entailed, a second video interview was arranged. In the video interview, I was interviewed for at 30 minutes by two people (Jared and Lyndsae) and it seemed to go well overall but after a week and a half, I received an email saying I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked for clarification on my resume   Answer Question
    • Asked for examples of how I'd handled customer situation in the past   Answer Question
    • Asked what piece of computer equipment I would be if I were one.   Answer Question

Jul 19, 2019 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and provide feedback.

Intern Interview

Interview

Just behavioral questions about strengths, weaknesses, and interests. They do not let you choose teams so make sure you relay exactly what you're looking to gain in terms of skills from your position.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

Apr 15, 2019 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your review. Congratulations on your accepted offer!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in March 2019.

Interview

Very clear with who I was speaking with and their own backgrounds first. Smooth, stress-free environment to interview. I believe certain candidates had different processes depending on what team specifically they would be an intern for.

Interview Questions

• How will my accolades on my resume prepare me for the job in question?   1 Answer

Aug 14, 2019 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your accepted offer! Thank you for sharing your review.