Kwik Trip Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kwik Trip Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2018

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagle River, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Eagle River, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Lengthy process.
    1. Phone interview with recruiter
    2. Face to face with recruiter
    3. Face to face with district leader
    4. Face to face with area leader
    5. Face to face with district leader

Other than the long tedious process, the company sounds like a great company to work for if you want to move around. I made it clear when I started the process and discussed through out, the importance of being in the community in which I reside. However, when the job offer came, 45 day into the process it was for a store that was not in my community and would require me to travel every day and I don't want to do that due to family reasons. I made that clear through the process but it was like they never heard it. It turned out that during the 45 day process they filled both roles at my local store and there might be an opportunity for me to get a position in the store down the road. They continued to tell me how they were growing and all of the opportunities to come in the future. I was only interested in one location. I understood that training would happen at a neighboring store and would require travel but I knew that would be temporary. Just disappointed that they didn't offer to me what we had been talking about the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Competently based... tell me about a time you.... how did you handle.....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Appleton, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

I knew people who were in the position I was interviewing for so I thought I was ready. First of all, no matter how many times I told the recruiter how to pronounce my name he kept getting it wrong. Second, he said once he received my application he would send me the review checker. I had to call him to remind him to send the link. Finally got to have my first interview in the basement of a store, it was cold and drab. The interview took about an hour. After which he told me he would call me Friday or Monday. He didn't call until almost 8:30 pm on Monday to tell me that they were going a different direction. After I had called him at 2:30pm. Really not impressed with the professionalism of this recruiter. The only thing he has going for him is the ability to dodge and otherwise not answer my questions. Maybe he should go into politics.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Very lengthy with multiple individuals. It started with a Recruiter, who explained the Kwik Trip Philosophy and forwarded some of the benefits to Kwik Trip Via email. When I expressed interest, I met with a District Leader, who asked questions about me and explained whet the job entailed. Next I met with a Store Leader who explained more about the job an asked more questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you made a difference in somebody's life.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Leader Interview

Application

I interviewed at Kwik Trip in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and after 10 days, had a phone interview with a recruiter. An offer for a second interview in person with the recruiter via e-mail within a week. The second interview took place in one of the Kwik Trip stores about two weeks later. Informed within a week via e-mail whether a following interview with store leader and district leader is approved.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Davenport, IA) in October 2017.

Interview

Sent my application and resume online and attended a hiring event I thought the interview went well but was notified that I would not get a second interview and they suggested I apply for a cashier job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you did something nice for someone.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Chanhassen, MN).

Interview

multiple visits to the store to complete paperwork, and 2 interviews. in addition to an over the phone interview. Also had to hunt down 7 previous co-workers to fill out an online questionnaire about me. But Completing an online job application and submitting a cover letter and resume was expected. Currently hired but my drug and background tests are pending approval. `

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught a co-worker stealing?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kwik Trip.

Interview

One interview with the site manager. A customer told me he had 3. Mine was easy but I think he liked me. They probably don't getting people with 2 degrees applying very often. They had someone move to a diff store that's the only reason an opening came up. I was told 2nd shift but I've been working mostly mornings. I'm not getting the max 28 hrs promised.

Interview Questions

• I should have known this one, but tell me how you made a difference in someone's life. That's one of their corporate values.   Answer Question

Negotiation

What negotiation.

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (La Crosse, WI) in May 2014.

Interview

I went through a behavioral based interview to find out what kind of person I am, how I treat other people, and how I have managed difficult situations in the past. I also had to prepare and present to the current training team an example of my skills/style in training a group of people.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult situation you have faced in life. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kwik Trip.

Interview

The interview was thorough and straightforward. I was made to feel welcome and comfortable. The questions were very much designed to find out your character - how you would treat co-workers and customers.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rhinelander, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Rhinelander, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

Very lengthy, multiple steps and long interviews that are very in depth--great for finding the right candidate, but was very extensive and lengthy. Met with multiple people, spread out over a few weeks.