Kwik Trip Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2018

2.6

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Dubuque, IA) in March 2018.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter, and raised some questions in the email I wrote in reply. The recruiter then called me to address my questions, and, following this informal discussion, I applied online. A few days after my application was submitted, I received a call from the recruiter to do a more official phone interview. I also received an email from him about benefits, job description, and dress code.

After this phone interview, I was invited to participate in an in-store interview with the same recruiter. After accepting the invitation, I was sent an email link to gather my references. I had 24 hours to collect names and email addresses of a minimum of 5 people (3 current or previous bosses). The references, in turn, had to submit a short 2 minute survey about me.

The in-person interview was approximately 2 hours long, and detailed past work experiences. All of the questions where situational questions (tell me about a time when...). The recruiter was fully transparent and let me know about the interview process and what they were looking for. I was told that if I was selected to continue, it would be a MINIMUM of 2 more in-person interviews. Keep in mind, this was my 2nd official interview already, and 3rd conversation with this same recruiter.

I was told that I would receive notification either way whether I would be asked to continue the process. I did receive an email confirming that I had not been selected to continue. The recruiter told me during the interview that for every 21 people that apply, they only hire 1 person, so it's a pretty through and rigorous process. I was really disappointed because the recruiter really sold me on the company and I really enjoyed the interview process up to that point.

Interview Questions

• Situational. Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Overnight Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Clearwater, MN) in March 2018.

Interview

About the company and expectations. What the company does. How they grow. What there mission is. How to please the customers so they come back. And how they can keep growing as a company to on more stores around the us.

Interview Questions

• Things I did at my last job   1 Answer

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Arcadia, WI) in January 2018.

Interview

The first interview consisted of a bunch of situational questions. Other questions asked were about past work experience and what jobs/tasks/responsibilities you had for those previous jobs. They also asked to provide your availability to work during the week/weekends.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time where you witnessed someone (either at work or outside of work) being dishonest or breaking the rules? How did you react and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • At your previous job, has there ever been a time at work where a friend/family member comes in during your shift, asking for free merchandise? If so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Interview

Lengthy process took 1+ week. They are very thorough and get to know you as a person through out the interview process. The manager was very professional, personable, and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a co worker was not doing there part. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rhinelander, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Rhinelander, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

Very lengthy, multiple steps and long interviews that are very in depth--great for finding the right candidate, but was very extensive and lengthy. Met with multiple people, spread out over a few weeks.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kwik Trip.

Interview

I went to an open house event. They did what I would call a mini interview which could lead up with a full interview at a later time. In my case, I did get the full interview but I have not yet gone to it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when there was a problem at work and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question

Food Demonstrator Interview

Interview

I applied online, and was left a voicemail asking me to call HR to do a fifteen-minute phone interview. I called shortly thereafter, but no one answered, so I had to leave voicemail. I never heard back from anyone, yet I get emails about jobs that "match what I'm looking for."

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Davenport, IA) in October 2017.

Interview

Sent my application and resume online and attended a hiring event I thought the interview went well but was notified that I would not get a second interview and they suggested I apply for a cashier job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you did something nice for someone.   1 Answer

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schofield, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Schofield, WI).

Interview

There was two part to the interview. One is to be interviewed and asked a series of generic and scenario questions. After that you take a math test. If you passed both and they are interested then they would contact you and give you an offer. Before employment begins you are to do a drug urine test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you helped someone achieved something and what were the results   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kwik Trip.

Interview

they call you to do a phone interview, if they like you they will ask you to come in and do it all over again, then you have to go about and get 5 references and they have to reply through email.. If not you don't get the job, have to pass a drug test and background test.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a conflict between two employees that are not getting along?
      What would you tell someone that you see not washing their hands before working in the kitchen?
      What are some main characteristics of a leader?
      If you store leader told you one thing and your district manager told you another who do you listen to and why?
      why do you feel you are the best for this job?
      what have you learned from others in your store now?
      What does the red zone mean to you and what does it consist of?
      When would you report a co-worker situation to your store manager?
      where do you see yourself in your future?   Answer Question