Kwik Trip Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kwik Trip Interview Questions

Interviews at Kwik Trip

2.6

HR Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip.

Interview

Very friendly and fast, professional. They were very inviting. They were clear with what they were looking for in an employee. The interview went very smoothly and questions were appropriate.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled an experience with a difficult co worker.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (New York, NY).

Interview

I've applied to this position at least 10 times throughout the course of 2.5 years. It's a Kwik Trip that's about 5 mins away from my house, and I'm always looking for PT gigs....Anyways, after seeing this location keep posting job listing after listing and never even getting a call back, I finally get a call for a phone interview. The interview goes good, asks me normal expected questions and then tells me about the Checkster background check. Well after 3 days only 3/5 people responded and they shut my application down. Didn't even get a call from the lady who interviewed me, who assured me I would hear back from her. This is a gas station job for god sake why they need 5 references is beyond my understanding. This whole experience really soured my view on Kwik Trip, amd I haven't been to one since, nor will I go back. Speedways better anyways.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip.

Interview

They had situational based questions to determine how I dealt with the situation and judge my behavioral response. I had spoken to them beforehand in person after submitting my online application to put a face to my name.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation at a previous job?   Answer Question

Third Shift Stocket Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rhinelander, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Rhinelander, WI) in September 2019.

Interview

Interviewd with recruiter first, then with store leader. Very relaxed, more like an exchange of ideas than a bunch of challenging questions. Informative and professional, looking to see if I fit in their culture. Doing research of the company prior to the interview will ensure a good interview.

Assistant Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monticello, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Monticello, MN) in June 2019.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter, then a 2nd phone interview over FaceTime. 3rd interview with District Leader in person at a local store. Entire process took 1-2 weeks. All interviews were more like an open discussion and very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational questions. Name a time when...   Answer Question
    • Give me 3 weaknesses and 3 strengths a previous employer would say about you.   Answer Question

Guest Service Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Duluth, MN) in May 2019.

Interview

You get a phone call from the store leader asking to get 5 references to fill out a survey. Leaders are very nice at my store and were flexible with scheduling. It was my first interview ever and the leader was understanding and gave examples for some tougher questions. If you dont have an answer for a question don't lie, just take your time or just say you can't think of an example. Some of the questions were tough because they didn't ask a lot of the standard retail questions. They asked mostly for personal anecdotes about job experiences, which is tough for your first job.

Second interview is just a drug test, which at my store was an oral swab which was quick and easy. If you pass the drug test you basically have the job.

Interview Questions

• What are some difficulties you will face in the food service industry?   Answer Question
    • If a co-worker is standing on two milk cartons to change a light bulb how would you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What are some bad customer service experiences you've had?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to ask for help to accomplish something.   Answer Question
    • What is something that you experience that regularly gets neglected and how do you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • What are your experiences with suggestive selling?   Answer Question
    • What is one time you went out of your way to help someone else achieve their goals?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever dealt with an uncooperative coworker and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when an event in your personal life affected your responsibilies, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Madison, WI) in April 2019.

Interview

Simple phone interview then a normal in-store interview after that. Very smooth and professional process and everyone was very welcoming and helpful. Definitely recommend anybody considering to apply at Kwik Trip to do so.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip in March 2019.

Interview

There were managers from other Kwik Trips there to do interviews. They assign one to you when you walk in. The people there were very nice right from the time you walked in the door. They had water and I believe cookies for people being interviewed. It was a very nice atmosphere. It was a KwikTrip job fair at the fire station in a nearby town.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of when you went above and beyond at a former job.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a coworker doing something they weren't supposed to be doing?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip in February 2019.

Interview

Very long, it was taking over a month to go thru the interview process, understandable considering the position but you are put on hold not knowing what is really going on

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Winona, MN) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview had a lot of questions, and I mean a lot. Most of which were, “tell me a situation where this happened at your previous jobs”. They basically just want to know how you handle situations. We also talked about my past work experience and the expectations of Kwik Trip.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a stressful day and still had to go to work. How did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you saw somebody doing something they weren’t supposed to at work. What did you do about it?   Answer Question