Kwik Trip Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kwik Trip Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kwik Trip.

Interview

Interview was very straightforward with the warehouse supervisor. He explained the position to me and asked why I wanted to work there. I received a call several days later with an offer for the position. They do not tell you during the interview but when you are offered the position and go in to sign the paperwork they make you take a drug test right then and there. Employment is contingent on passing the test.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based interview: "Tell me about a time when...."   Answer Question

Guest Service Coworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Almost exactly as other has described, with plenty of "Tell me about..." and "What would you do...". Process is simple and got a call within 2-3 days. Afterword had to get 3-7 references and they were surprised it was completed fast. Led to a 1-1 interview and if you had previous 1-1 interview practice then it would be a piece of cake. It mostly deals about you as a person and lots of scenarios. Am waiting for a offer from their end, hoping for the best.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you see a co-worker using several crates to stack items up in a higher location?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip.

Interview

I had to interview with the District Food Service Leader for my area. I met him at another KT store and he took me to the office and had me fill out a questionnaire. Then he took me around the store and asked me various questions about the hot spot, soup area, condiment bar, etc. It was pretty laid back as long as you know your basic food safety information and you have common sense.

Interview Questions

• What is the "danger zone" in respect to food safety temperatures?   1 Answer

Guest Service Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Menomonie, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Fill out application online. Take 75 question assessment. Have 3 supervisors fill out online survey about you. Have interview. Interview was very conversational. The assistant manager helped with the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What is Kwik Trip's Mission Statement?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip.

Interview

Too much for a bargain bin-bottom shelf part time gig. A store manager that didn't really care about part timers at all. He was gruff and horrid. A total sham. Someone I hope to never speak with again.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (La Crosse, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

very in depth and lengthy, very relaxed atmosphere, started with phone interview, then it was an in person interview with a panel. Had to have a min of 7 refrences fill out an online check about you.

Interview Questions

• give us an example of your experience with state taxes   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Chanhassen, MN).

Interview

multiple visits to the store to complete paperwork, and 2 interviews. in addition to an over the phone interview. Also had to hunt down 7 previous co-workers to fill out an online questionnaire about me. But Completing an online job application and submitting a cover letter and resume was expected. Currently hired but my drug and background tests are pending approval. `

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught a co-worker stealing?   1 Answer

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Janesville, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online to Kwiktrip and was contacted by Stacey who set up an interview. The interview was very professional and yet casual so that I could talk easily and not be intimidated by the interview process. Everyone that I spoke with at Kwik Trip were professional and very people oriented. I received an email asking for more information but I had trouble retrieving it. That was the only downfall to the interview process. Other than that it was definitely a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to make a decision where you didn't have all the information you needed to make a decision?   1 Answer

Guest Service Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Saint Cloud, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

I went to a hiring event for the 7-8 new stores they were opening in a new market. Interviewed with a Assistant Store Leader for one of the stores they were opening in the area - the interview with him lasted at least an hour and fifteen minutes. He didn't want a resume, wanted to learn everything through my own words. Most of the questions were "Tell me a time you - " and such, as another interviewee mentioned. If you can't pass three important questions in the beginning that judge your character to see if you were a match with their company mission statement, then they won't go any further with you. The ASL really helped me with the questions. He could tell the I was nervous and made sure that if I got side tracked while answering a question, he would help me get to my point. I'm not the greatest interviewee, but he was able to see past my nervousness and awkwardness and see the kind of person and employee I am - which was nice. After the long interview with the ASL, I had an exit interview with the Store Leader of the store they decided I would probably work best in (turned out to be the closest to my house, so it worked out). The store leader briefly recapped everything the ASL went through for about 15 minutes. The entire interview took about an hour and a half total. Though I've heard some taking up to 2 hours. Before I left, the Store Leader gave me information for the program that they use for references. You need 4-7 references within 24 hours after the interview, and they need to be previous managers or coworkers or something similar. After my references came through clear, I was called in for a drug test and to sign up for a orientation class a week later. It took a week and a half from my interview until I went into my orientation class. The following two weeks included training Monday through Thursday from 4-8 pm. The training received was phenomenal, though I'm told it's a special circumstance because I would be in a store that was having a grand opening. The trainers all drove up from the corporate office in LaCrosse, Wisconsin and were apart of the training department there. Super amazing and hilarious people. Learned so much about the amazing opportunity this company awarded me by being employed at Kwik Trip. It took 32 hours of paid training and just under a month before I actually started to work in the stores.

Interview Questions

• How have you changed someones life, preferably in the last month?   1 Answer

Retail Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Appleton, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

It was the longest interview I've ever had (almost 2 hours). They were thorough and direct. But the way it was presented, though prepared as a packet for the manager to read off of, it was very relaxed and personable. I wish every interview was that relaxed. It made the 2 hours seem like nothing.

Interview Questions

• In your current place of employment, please list 1 thing that is often forgotten about or neglected?   1 Answer