Menards Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Menards Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2018

1.8

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

I was called in to discuss the job after they saw my profile on Handshake. Then once i put in my app they called me to say they were interested and scheduled a time for me to come in to do my drug test.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Fishers, IN) in April 2018.

Interview

Submitted application, received a call same evening to set appointment for next day, interviewed and accepted. Total process was less than 24 hours. Pay starts at 13.25/hr plus monthly, quarterly and yearly bonuses and profit sharing. 10% discount for all positions. Interview was 1 sheet (2 sides) of behavioral questions about ethics. Other questions (see below).

Interview Questions

• Why Menards? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you know about our pay structure?   1 Answer

Entry Level Interview

Interview

very short process. Had initial interview and got offered a job. had to wait 5 days for drug test results then started working the next day. interview was with the general manager and hr manager.

Load Puller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Menards (Bellevue, NE) in February 2018.

Interview

They are in the middle of reconstruction so I sat in the upstairs inventory are with random chairs. I sat with the GM, HR Manager, and another manager. They were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Menards?   1 Answer

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (South Portland, ME) in February 2018.

Interview

Short, quick and to the point. Hired and sent for a drug test. Not much else to say. Easy interview. To many words. I'm not typing anything else.

ECommerce Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call back a few weeks later. Interview was set up and conducted via video call, and they asked the basic interview questions. Did not hear back from the company until nearly a month later and though I was not offered the position I had lost interest in the position by then.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yorkville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Yorkville, IL).

Interview

I applied at a time when a paper application was still required to get hired at the store. I filled out the application on site and when I turned it in, I was hired on the spot.

Carryout Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Pretty standard for a high school seniors second job.. Basic questions about personality traits and characteristics.
    You sit in the back office with the HR coordinator who goes thru the interview process with a series of Qs.

Interview Questions

• Just very standard personality questions   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottumwa, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Ottumwa, IA).

Interview

They had previous filtered resumes,; group setting, looking for personality potential for working with public, other experiences should be explained in detail. Get the group interview and pass the drug screening then only YOU can not be offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Where and how do you believe you would benefit us the most?   Answer Question

General Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Big Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Menards (Big Rapids, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied onlime and got a call 2 fays later for an interview. The interview was super easy. I was interviewed by someone from HR and the general manager. Both were very nice and not intimidating at all. The next day I was called for a drug test and was offered a job.