Menards Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Menards Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2018

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Forsyth, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Forsyth, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

applied online, was called for interview with HR coordinator and General Manager. Interview took about a half hour. very informative and very cordial. I was given my starting pay. Told what the benefits were for full-time. suggested the manager in training program if I would be interested. Told of all the opportunities available to me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Menards (Saginaw, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview went smooth. All people that attended were very nice and knowledgeable. I had the front end manager, human resources both present. They had a chance to ask me questions if they wanted and I had the chance to ask them questions if I wanted. It didn't last too awful long. I would say 30 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience and how that could help me with a job at Menards   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dundas, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Dundas, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

It went smoothly and very brief. The HR was very sufficient and ask a lot of questions to learn about the applicant (myself). She explained the job and that the only position that was available at the time was a cashier. So I told her if they liked me, I would take the position.

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Menards (O'Fallon, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was recommended by my roommate. She told me that they were boring and monotonous. She was right. They sat me down and asked me your run of the mill questions. Short process. Probably because of such a high turnover rate.

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Eden Prairie, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

After I was hired I was brought in for group training where we watched training videos. It was me and one guy who was applying for a position in the stock/lumber yard. The hiring staff and human resources people were professional, friendly and helpful. Remember to bring your SS card and ID that they will scan and also know when your hours are. When putting together scheduling, give them your specific hour windows and try to avoid saying "I'd rather not work ___, but if I absolutely have to, I will. They will schedule you for that day/ those hours.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

I first was emailed by a hiring manager and arranged an interview with two of them. I had to set up a time to do an IS aptitude test and a Java test as well. The interview was pretty basic. They went over my transcripts and asked me questions about my classes.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews: a 30 minute skype interview to confirm interest and qualification, followed by an in person interview at the job site. The first interview was a review by manager's managers and the HR person, the second interview was by the managers that would be direct supervisors and the HR representative.

Wallcoverings Interview

Interview

Filled an application and got a call back the next week for an interview. The interview was 1 on 1 very few questions, got to meet the store manager and got the job the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

talk about your wages.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holiday City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Holiday City, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a quick interview.
    I sat down with my interveiwer, a very young man, maybe 19. He had me do a quick warehouse test. Simple math mostly.
    He then asked me how I liked my other jobs. Nothing too serious. I am pretty sure he knew he was gonna hire me before he met me, due to my application&experience.
    Nice place to work, good benefits

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough, well presented, and they made me feel comfortable. They explained where help was needed asked about my work history and proceeded to narrow down the best fit.

Interview Questions

• What made me choose menards?   1 Answer