Menards Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

1.8

General Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Big Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Menards (Big Rapids, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied onlime and got a call 2 fays later for an interview. The interview was super easy. I was interviewed by someone from HR and the general manager. Both were very nice and not intimidating at all. The next day I was called for a drug test and was offered a job.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

I went in and had a 10 minute interview and was offered a position. Then went to go drug test and started as soon as my results were in from that.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Menards (Bismarck, ND).

Interview

very laid back. general interview questions. then all you had to do was fill out paper work, it was easy. now they need people so bad they do walk interviews

General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Madison, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

Friendly and polite, they were warm and not overly intimidating. The overall interview time was about 40 minutes. It seems like there are usually 2 people present for each interview.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words that you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview took about an hour. He asked basic interview questions and availability. He was very friendly and I felt very comfortable during the whole process. I would recommend applying to this organization if you have a fear of interviews. It was pretty easy.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

I first was emailed by a hiring manager and arranged an interview with two of them. I had to set up a time to do an IS aptitude test and a Java test as well. The interview was pretty basic. They went over my transcripts and asked me questions about my classes.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Massillon, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Massillon, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

After making me wait for 30 minutes past, even though I had arrived early, the store manager didn't understand the difference between a contractor and an employee when he asked about my work experience. He was too difficult to talk to, didn't understand anything I said which was evident by the bewildered look he kept giving me when he did look at me. Poor eye contact, weak hand shake, kept staring at the table and flipping pages randomly. Gave me the impression that he was completely inexperienced at even giving a simple interview. I'm sorry I wasted the fuel to go.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pertaining to if you used drugs, approved of stealing, and participated in fist fights.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews: a 30 minute skype interview to confirm interest and qualification, followed by an in person interview at the job site. The first interview was a review by manager's managers and the HR person, the second interview was by the managers that would be direct supervisors and the HR representative.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menards in May 2017.

Interview

Attended a campus job fair and then gave my resume to recruiters. After 2 weeks I was contacted by the recruiter and had a phone interview with a manager. The interview process took 30 minutes and I was asked if I would be willing to work 2nd shifts.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Menards (Lincoln, NE) in May 2017.

Interview

You fill out an in-store form. Then you get a phone call to set up an interview. HR employee or General Manager will interview you. It will take only ~20 min, and the questions are of average difficulty.