Menards Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Menards Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

1.8

Sales Interview

Interview

It was really easy-going. They are a for-profit company so they want to know how you will help make money. They provided great training and everything was awesome. They value safety, passion for excellence and continuous improvement.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It a pretty easy process, applied online and got called few days later and scheduled me for a interview. 2 people interviewed me and got the job on the spot.

Receiving Interview

Interview

Went in filled and filled out application and had an interview on the spot. Took a drug test and started two weeks after that. It was pretty easy getting hired.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Green Bay, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out online application. Received a call for interview a few days later. Whole process took about a week and a half. The interview itself was very easy, but the position listing is confusing as this is for a Department Manager position, not store management. The pay offer was the same you can get as a seasonal associate. Filled out a two page questionnaire on ethics in the workplace and agreed to a drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? What is your experience?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Name two things you would consider strengths. What would you say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Menards in February 2017.

Interview

They sat me down at a table, looked over my application, asked my interview questions, and then I had 2 other managers come after the first interviewer and they ask me more questions but it was only one person at a time

IT Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called within a week for an interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and there were 5 people plus myself. This was followed by 2 hours of testing, followed by a company tour. Staff was very friendly and professional.

Carry Out Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (New York, NY).

Interview

Went and applied. Soon after it was reviewed with me. A week later they called and set a date. It was short and sweet. My prior experience over qualified me but I was still in high school so that's what I got. When I walked in they told me they wanted to hire me so there wasn't much of an interview

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed yet professional! Answered some questions about drugs and alcohol...yes and no...multiple choice. Manager was very straight forward. I spent about an hour in the interview. He discussed the process. The pay was a lot lower than I expected.

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (New York, NY).

Interview

Taken in the store in a "back office" which is just behind a small wall. Generally with a few employees like HR and the Department Manager. They will only ask a few questions none that are not common.

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Menards (Chesterfield, MI).

Interview

Super easy! Applied online, received a call from hr 2-3 days later. Set appointment, we talked at meeting. Asked normal interview question. Got job offer, had to complete drug test, started 5 days later due to my own schedule conflicts.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good potential hire?   1 Answer