Menards Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Menards

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (South Bend, IN) in April 2020.

Interview

Filled out application online got a call 5-6 days later to come in for an interview. Very friendly easy process had to go for a drug test that took about a week and then I was able to start

Interview Questions

• How much I could work - said I could work as much as I wanted due to so many quitting because of COVID-19   3 Answers

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Janesville, WI) in March 2020.

Interview

It started with an a pre interview questionnaire with general questions. Then there was a interview with the HR coordinator. After the the interviewer finished asking question they went through how the management training program works along with expected pay.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style?   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Menards (Springfield, MO) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview. Spoke with the store manager and the HR Manager. They were very interested as I had over 20 years in a leadership role and a degree. They moved forward very quickly with the drug test and when the HR manager called me to schedule the orientation, I declined. I really liked both mangers and it probably would have been a great place to gain experience, but they only offered me a little more than a cashier would make at McDonalds. I'm not sure how they will bring outside talent in offering them such a low hourly pay. I am not money hunting at all, but I wont be insulted either.

Interview Questions

• What type of leadership do you feel you can bring to Menards?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Menards (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

HR at the time asked basic questions and if there was any prior experience in a hardware store. Very casual dress and atmosphere. Simple questions are asked, nothing to stress about

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI).

Interview

The interview consisted of a tour of the distribution center as well as a standard sit down interview where I was asked about my strengths/weaknesses and other common interview questions

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences with home improvement and menards?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Brief basic behavioral questions about interacting with customers . Overall experience was great and the turnaround with HR was quick. I have no complaints about the interview process and would recommend to anyone looking for a part-time job.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI).

Interview

I received a phone screening from HR to confirm interest for the position. This was followed with an in person interview at the job site. The onsite interview consisted of general interview questions and a white boarding problem.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Warren, MI).

Interview

Submitted an application online and received a phone call for an interview the next day. The interview was more personality based. I thought it went well. I was asked to provide the Work Number report of my past jobs. The interview was towards the end of the work week so the time I was able to access it on the next business day, the company promoted within. I'm not sure why they could not verify my work history. Bring your own job history report to the interview.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI) in September 2019.

Interview

I recently graduated with an Associates Degree in Web & Software Development. I applied online 3 different times for the Java developer position and finally received a face to face interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very informal and friendly. I felt very good afterwards about my chances of receiving an offer.

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL) in September 2019.

Interview

Met with the human resources manager and general manager. Basic interview questions. Some basic knowledge question paperwork. Few videos on the company. Little background information. Overall a very pleasant experience.