NVIDIA Embedded Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Embedded Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Started out as a standard tech interview process. I had a couple of phone interviews with 2 senior/staff level engineers from different geographical areas. I had a good time during these interviews. I was asked to do some coding challenges, followed by computer architecture, linux, protocol questions. After these 2 phone interview, I was asked to appear onsite for a full blown interview loop. This loop included 6-7 rounds from 9:30am till 4pm. The first interviewer was late ( I have come to expect these things after interviewing in other places), then after 20 mins, the first interviewer was replaced. Nonetheless, I had positive experience talking with the interviewers. Some were tasked to test my coding skills, while a others were testing my operating system and computer architecture skills. The interview went on well (meaning no negative experience thus far). The negative experience came after the interview. I waited patiently for the recruiter to get back for a week. I also had an onsite in another big firm the following week and this firm was interested to move on with my candidacy. I politely asked the recruiter to let me know of the result as it had already been 10 days since onsite ( I also let them know that I have another offer in hand). No word from the recruiter. I was "ghosted". After 2 weeks, the second firm was started to strong arm me into signing the offer letter while I was still waiting on Nvidia. After nearly 20 days, the recruiter called me and informed me that the hiring manager was traveling and will not be back until the next week. This drama went on for another week and I somehow was able to hold off from signing with the second firm. The following week I had politely given an ultimatum to the recruiter that I would have to move on if I dont listen from them in the next couple of days. After this the recruiter got back and let me know that the HM was not "very keen" on moving forward. What? Not "very keen" ? I spent 1 full day at NVIDIA, and all I expected was either they wanted to move forward or not. "Not keen" was not something I was not expecting. I made up my mind to not reply to this recruiter and moved on.

To Nvidia - When a candidate spends hours in an interview loop, the least the company can do is to let the candidate know of the result. The very least you can do is have a feedback link that works! They did send my a feedback link right after the onsite which I decided to review after the process was complete and the link never worked.

Interview Questions

• Computer architecture, linux, matrices, time and space complexity,   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Messaged from a recruiter on LinkedIn, later set up a phone screen, and then a subsequent phone screen. After passing those I was flown in to Santa Clara for an onsite interview, where I had seven 45-minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Delete a node from an XOR-linked list   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

I was looking for an entry level position but I felt that the interviewer got in depth

Interview Questions

• About assembly implementation of spinlock?   4 Answers
    • Datastructure that is accessed by both int handler n exception handler   4 Answers

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

One half an hour on campus interview, and two phone interviews each about an hour long. They are very flexible about the time and is will to make alternative arrangement if the given time does not work for you.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview. The interviewers are most interested in my project experience, digging into details gradually. As an intern position, they are more concerned about my overall capability as well as potential to develop.

Negotiation

No negotiation, they decide the daily pay

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2011.

Interview

ask me sth about OS, such as mutex, concurrency, how to poll I/O in C, and so on

Interview Questions

• will cache affect memory I/O register?   4 Answers