NVIDIA Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

3.3

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a HR personnel after about a month. A phone interview was scheduled. The one on one phone interview was with a very senior employee. The interview was very easy and I answered every question correctly. But did not get the offer.

Only simple coding challenges and OS concepts were asked.

Interview Questions

• Coding challenge: Round a number to the next largest multiple of 16.   Answer Question
  • Coding challenge: Swap even and odd bits of a 32 bit integer.   Answer Question
  • Coding challenge: Reverse a string.   Answer Question
  • Question on function pointers, virtual memory and page faults.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had phone interview, duration about 45 min. The man who interview me was very cool and pleasant. This was my first "big" interview so i had stage fright. It was a difficult because I had not share document so communication was only by phone. It is difficult to dictate code by phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

be relaxed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was a bit messed up. The first person I was supposed to meet did not show up until about half hour. Then the second person was called who I was interviewing with and the first person just barged in to say sorry without caring if I really acknowledged it. Then it was people showing up in random order than what I was given the schedule. Anyway I talked from 11 - 3 pm.

Interview Questions

• -some memory mapping question (figure out the issue). there was some flag that made the memory sharable
      - memory aligning to some boundary (n- 2,3,4...)
      - implement a mutex in assembly
      - copying stuff to SD card (on a netwrok) and problems related to that..   1 Answer

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2016.

Interview

Applied for the internship through a school listing at my college. Had two interviews, both technical, over the phone. Questions ranged from networking concepts to java specific things. Each interview required coding, demonstrating ability and to use and understand various data structures.

Interview Questions

• Traverse a doubly linked list and find/remove a given value.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First round phone screen for about 50 mins. 10 mins to discuss about my resume.
    30 mins for Linux kernel questions and 10 mins for C questions.
    Most of questions are yes or no question but it was kind of tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• Linux kernel
      1. Memory allocation and management
      2. Thread creation and usage,
      3. Debugger. Difference between h/w and s/w break point
      4. ISR bottom half and top half

C questions.
      1. Volatile variable and usage.
      2. Static variable and usage.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Systems) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The internship I was applying for was in Santa Clara CA. It was a round of 3 phone interviews. The first one was general technical questions, some brain teasers and some behavioral questions. The second interview was a coding interview with only one question to solve. You have to code it in C. you can't use any other language (makes sense because they do mostly low level stuff). The third one was also a coding interview with a couple of questions. The same restriction about the language applies.

Interview Questions

• Implement the "grep" command. You only have to consider the asterisk wildcard " * ".   Answer Question
    • Merge two sorted arrays in O(n) time and O(1) space.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Applied for a few positions via their careers website and also had an employee refer me. Their process seemed pretty slow initially. However, I had 2 Phone screens first and was called on-site to their Santa Clara HQ. I had 6 rounds of technical interviews there. The on-site interviews started at 11:00 AM through 4:00 PM with no breaks. During lunch, I was interviewed by the hiring manager where he talked about his team and the work they do.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to Linked lists, Bit manipulation, Matrix rotation, Malloc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Tempe, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Telephonic, over 1.5 hours. Was interviewed by a systems software engineer for their systems software intern position. Got the call through career fair at university where preliminary screening involved a written technical quiz. Call also consisted of coding challenge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

HR really pissed me off by taking more than week time between each phone screen. totally I had 3 phone screens and 6 on-site 1:1 interviews. In almost 3 interviews I faced same question of reversing a linked list. I can say only one round was challenging where I was asked to solve a puzzle using Divide and Conq. method. All my Interviews went really good but I got reject saying no direct/relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• Reversing LinkedList, Divide and Conq., malloc-Alligned, BST questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Interview was three stages. Phone screen with HR, phone screen with manager and on site day long interview.

Second phone screen was a little technical with questions involving how you would go about solving bitwise questions and then debugging issues with i2c and spi protocols.

Onsite was more technical with algorithmic questions as well as knowledge of embedded protocols and scripting.

Interview Questions

• In the Phone screen, was asked how to count number of 1s in a number with follow up questions.   Answer Question