NVIDIA Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by on site interview with multiple interviewers from relevant teams.
The face to face interview lasts the whole day with lunch provided which was also a lunch interview with hiring manager. Discussions/questions around previous job and how experience and skill set would be applicable to the one being interviewed for.

Overall the interview process is similar to other mid to big tech companies, no different here based on my experience with other interviews at similar companies.

Interview Questions

• Program and project related, about previous jobs and R&R   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with HR, then several technical contributors and managers (several by phone), then a wrap-up interview and an interview with Senior Management the next day. I had a pretty high opinion of the technical capability of the team and the company culture after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe the MPEG-4/MPEG-2/H264 encoding process. Write a max function in C without using any conditionals. Summarize your program management experience. Describe a situation where there was a conflict on your team and how did you address it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Process was started by applying to opening posted on website. Phone screen and then multiple onsite interviews with multiple team members.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2013.

Interview

It all depends on the recruiter. My first interview was great. Discussed products etc.. The second one, was this guy who was all over the place. Was very rude and offensive to the point.

Interview Questions

• If you had 100 marbles what would you do?   1 Answer

Horrible recruiting process. The manager was very offensive and most importantly had no vision whatsoever!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Clumsy with no details of the overall process. The job description was a mix-and-match of product management, program management, engineering and release management.

The phone screen was not well structured either. A program manager should understand the product well and have an excellent handle on the release process. There should be clear definition of roles and responsibilities between that of a program manager and a technical lead. This didn't seem to be the expectation from speaking with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How technical are you? We're looking for a program manager who can also be a technical lead.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

This is the most unprofessional interview I have experienced. Either the recruiter does not know how to screen the right candidate or the hiring manager does not know how to interview people.

The conversation with the recruiter is smooth and she informed me to have the laptop ready in case of technical questions and she explicitly said the phone interview is 45 mins.

However, the recruiter informed me a very last minute change of schedule from 1 pm to 6 pm for my interview. But in the end, the hiring manager called me at 530pm just to surprise me. It was disappointing to know that the hiring manager could not even manage schedule well.

Then during the interview, the hiring manager surprised me even more. She said I have your CV in front of me, so you do NOT need to walk me through your experience. She is not sincerely interested in me at the very beginning.

She did NOT ask any specific case questions or tested my technical background. All the questions are unstructured. She asked "how technical you are?", "do you prefer fast-paced or slow-paced environment?" and "why are you pursuing an MBA?"

It seems that she wants a CS engineer to work as a program manager, but she posted the JD to a top MBA program.

I then asked 2 questions. First, how in depth of technical skills are you looking for and what tools you need the candidate to know? She replied, "as much as possible". That's it. I then asked how the company supports female working in tech and how is the culture there. She replied, "I don't understand what you are asking. Oh, I think we have some female only workshops."

The whole interview only lasted 16 mins without any meaningful exchange of information. No respect is shown.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

It was an internal transfer interview and still the candidate had to go through the entire formal interview process. The process was good and most of the team was known so not sure why the formality to have to use up so much time internally.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA in July 2017.

Interview

Have patience!
    The interview process is long and through and extremely worth it if you crack it. The HR is amazing and will keep you updated at all times starting from giving you full details on who's interviewing you to what was their feedback immediately. But you will have several rounds and can run into months.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve an issue between engineering and product management?   Answer Question