NVIDIA Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

NVIDIA Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Standard technical interview. Questions related to algorithms and design and data structures. Focus on optimizing solutions. They look more at how you approach the problem than the solution itself. Interview consisted of 4-5 round with different developers. They paid for the accommodation and food and flight. I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

One of the Nvidia employee referred me. Got email from recruiter afterwards and arranged interviews. I was told which team that was interested in me, and who was gonna interview me. There were two rounds of phone interviews, one from the team member and the other from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Very reasonable questions, most of which are basic computer science knowledges and algorithms. One of the interview talked a lot with me after the interview process, providing a lot of tips in terms of what should a student looking for an intern expecting, and how to develop your career, etc. Really helpful cos most interviewers won't talk to interviewees about these topics, and I think answers to these questions are important.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

3 Phone interviews, first 2 were technical interviews with various members of the team, third interview ended up being more HR oriented with minimal technical questions. The offer came in after the third interview.
    Doing the interviews on the phone was a little akward, especially when I had to write a C++ implementation of breadth first search and read my solution line by line. There was also an instance where my interviewer missed my second interview and we had to reschedule. All in all though, these things happen, and I felt the interviews were effective at testing my knowledge and they were pretty prompt about getting back to me.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say there was a most difficult question. There were numerous data structure/algorithm questions involving linked lists, hash tables, and operations on binary representations of algorithms. There were also questions about operating systems. I remember virtual memory and paging came up more than once.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer was very reasonable.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

There will be 2 - 3 rounds of phone interviews, and followed by a onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about GPU/CPU questions and Endianess   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

the interview process is very smooth and they move very quickly.
    Phone screening was pretty easy.
    the onsite interview was scheduled a few days after phone screening.
    I liked the new state of art office very much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I thought the interview process went well. There was an initial screening interview followed with a google hangout technical interview. I found the technical screening questions to be quite difficult compared to other companies.

Interview Questions

• Write pseudocode to determine whether or not a number is in the correct position on a sudoku board.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Applied through my university's job postings. Was contacted by the recruiter within a week after submitting the application. They set up a phone interview, which lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewer told me about what his team does and potential projects for the interns. Then he asked about my previous experiences from my resume. After this, he asked several technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Compare performance of Python and C   Answer Question
    • How does the presence of a garbage collector affect performance of Java compared to C?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between heap and stack?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Pune (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

NVIDIA visited our campus.
    1- Aptitude test(30 questions with 4 section with separate cut off-Operating System, C, Data structure, Quantitative. was not so easy)
    2- 2 technical round for shortlisted student. 20 were shortlisted out of 150.
    3- result announced. I was selected.

Interview Questions

• 12 Matchstick and 6 square puzzle   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Pune (India)) in February 2019.

Interview

Firstly there was a pen-paper test, where they had question on Operating system, Data Structure, C C++ and Quantitative ability. After that there was a coding test. And after that the interviews