NVIDIA Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

NVIDIA Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

3.4

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

two phone call interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2013.

Interview

I was in the career fair in September. I went to NVIDIA and asked them about the the internship opportunity. They gave me a little quiz note and asked me to turn it in in ten to fifteen minutes.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

At career fair,given a test to write

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between YUV and RGB?
      What is polymorphism?
      What is the difference between stack and heap?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone interview.
    Basic questions about C++, virtual class, heap and stack, memory etc

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2013.

Interview

Turned in my application at the job fair. Took a simple test on the spot. Questions were not that hard. 1. Dereferencing classes without declarations 2. Find common ancestor of two nodes in a tree 3. What is surface normal? 4. Copy a rectangle in frame buffer to another position in frame buffer. Overlapping?
    Receievd a call 2 weeks later for first round phone interview.
    I was asked questions about some of the projects I did (detailed questions).
    Questions about threads, mutex and semaphore. Was told to implement a mutex for threads that access a shared resource. Advantages of Frequency domain analysis on images vs spatial domain analysis. 32 bit array. Want to swap them…Lookup table will be huge.How to invert the array?

Interview Questions

• 4. What is the format of the floating point number? What does the following code do? Does it terminate?
      Float f,g;
      f=0;
      do{
      g=f++;
      }
      While ((f-g)!=0);   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Gainesville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions

• was asked about finding a bug in a code involving registers and memory limits and another program to divide the string into words based on a delimiter.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

6 telephonic rounds --> 5 rounds technical + 1 HR. Then they took 2 weeks to tell the result.

Interview Questions

• Questions about signal processing..   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2012.

Interview

Fast response to the application, two phone interviews. Only technical question, low-level programming, operation systems, C/C++.

Interview Questions

• Implement simple malloc function.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied via one of NVIDIA's research partners (I've sent my CV after my internship with recommendation letter from my mentor). Within 2 weeks they scheduled a phone interview with some manager who was very, very easy going person. I was given a "homework" - a simple assignment in C to do within 2 days. Just after they received my solution my second interview was scheduled (next week). This time I came across an even nicer person, a guy who had his interns last year and got hired after that. I was asked some technical questions, really easy ones and we spoke much about my project (he even ofered some help with that!). I'm so excited I got hired, because guys at NVIDIA seem to be very clever, yet easy going and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe virtual memory (how does it work, what is it for, when to use it and when not)   2 Answers
    • I was given a short function in C (dictated because we were hanging on a phone):
      int foo(int a) {
        int result = 0;
        while (a >>= 1)
          result += 1
        return result
      }
      And my task was to say what's wrong with this function, what's its purpose and what would I write my colleague who submitted it for a code review   3 Answers

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied online and got HR contacted me through email. I provided two, and apparently they misspelled one and I feel so fortunate that I gave them two. They setup a phone interview with senior manager. Another HR staff contacted me after 3 days for the offer package.

Interview Questions

• Two ways to assign memory for array in C.   2 Answers
    • filtering in Texture mapping   2 Answers

Negotiation

This is only an internship, and the offer was already great.