NVIDIA Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Normally, it begins with a series of phone interviews is conducted is first conducted. If the results are satisfactory, then the candidate is invited for onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of six 1-hr sessions. I had four engineers of various levels level, and two management staff interview me. For the most part, questions are technical and relevant to the job. A few interpersonal questions and a few brain teasers. The employer also hired external services to audit my credentials (mainly college degree) and had asked for a waiver from me to do so though that was for the most part not directly related to the hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• You are driving on a racetrack. The first lap you averaged 60mph. How fast do you have to drive on the second lap to average 120mph on both laps?   5 Answers

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the contract.

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. 3 weeks later, Got a phone call from HR. She scheduled a phone interview with the team leader of the team that I applied. No behavior questions, just several simple technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How to flip an array. What is the truth table of XOR.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, one on site. 5 interviewers on site. The first one was rude and would interrupt you constantly, the second one was quiet and did not look happy, the third one was very nice actually and we had a nice conversation and lunch, the fourth one was slightly unhappy and did not smile, and the fifth one was a good talker and we had a nice discussion into a dynamic problem.

Interview Questions

• Create a function to sort an array of odd and even numbers so that the odd numbers would be grouped at the start of the array and the even numbers at the end.   2 Answers

Systems Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA in April 2013.

Interview

Got a phone interview form a hiring manager in sustaining department and only takes about 20minutes.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ernakulam (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Ernakulam (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

I had a pretty tough written test and an average interview. The written test consisted of some IQ questions but basically had questions on electronic circuits and digital circuits, CMOS etc.
    Interview was pretty simple, they ask some questions and are interested in the way you think of a solution.

Interview Questions

• Basic electronics stuff and recent Nvidia technologies.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2011.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and HR contacted me for the system software engineer position. Overall interview was ok, I am still waiting for their reply.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA in November 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one that checks your personality and asks you about projects youve worked on. The other was more technical and asked some theory questions, based on what was on my resume, like C programming, circuits stuff.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing to look out for when allocating memory?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed at college. The process took one day. It consisted of written test and an interview. The written round is based on basic digital electronics and digital design. Less than 10 were shortlisted for the interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask basics like
      Basic Circuit and Working of Tubelight
      Frequency Division using FF
      Projects   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Got an email from recruiter a month later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was two 45 minutes back to back with two engineers on the team.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2018.

Interview

Applied on the website. Received response within few days for telephonic interview. Telephonic conversation was about 1 to 1.5 hrs. Interviewer was pleasant and comforting. Some questions need paper and pen.

Interview Questions

• Interview was about what I have done. Details about the projects, how some situations were handled and basic C questions   Answer Question