National General Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.6

Inbound Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

HR screen, online test of "multitasking abilities," office interview, background check, and drug test. They make it very clear about expectations regarding licensure for selling insurance at an inbound call center.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and turned them around.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews with different sales reps, sales managers, etc. Lots of questions about motivation, salary expectation, what does sales mean & what does it take to do well at it. Hard to tell during the process if they want to work with you or are not sure & just want to string you along until they decide.

Material Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National General Insurance.

Interview

There wasn't one. After applying I received a call from the claims manager requesting a call back for an interview. I called back and never received a callback. A few months later I receive another call from this same claims manager requesting an interview. I called back, left a message and never heard from him again. Don't call and request something if you're not going to follow through. From what I heard from people in the insurance industry this isn't a company I would want to work for. So I'm taking the lack of return calls as a blessing in disguise.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National General Insurance in June 2017.

Interview

I went to a open house didn't get interview, but ended up talking with a manager anyway. Got called in for second interview. I was told I would hear from them by Friday called me that same day!!!

Inside Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Cleveland, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I filled out a form online after seeing an ad, I then got a call and had a Phone screen from their Sourcing Team. After that, I was transferred to a recruiter and had a Phone Screen/interview with the Recruiter. Then, the recruiter scheduled an onsite Interview with a Team leader.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time someone sold you something that stands out to you as a great example of sales   Answer Question
    • If you could have a guaranteed salary of $50,000 or a base salary of $30,000 with the opportunity to earn over $100,000 with commissions, which would you choose?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance.

Interview

The interview was standard. I had two rounds of interviews. The first round was with two managers and the second round was with a regional manager. Everyone I met with were friendly and professional.

Commissions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied online and immediately was contacted for a phone interview. At the scheduled time, however, she never called. I emailed her to find out what happened and rescheduled the interview. However, I was really sick on the day of the interview, so I emailed her beforehand to ask if we could try a different time. She didn't respond to my email until hours later and had called me anyway for the interview. However, she was more than 10 minutes overdue from our scheduled time. We scheduled the interview for a third time, and once again I sat by my phone waiting for half an hour for her to call. I'm not sure if it's just the recruiter or if the company itself is this disorganized, but it's quite rude to be late for an interview three times in a row.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Really easy and laid back. The management was professional and personable. They asked the right amount of questions and kept me from feeling nervous. I felt like myself and it was a fairly quick interview. Afterwards, they had me listen and watch someone do the position I would do for about 30 minutes and asked if it was going to be something I'd be okay doing. I appreciated that.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple process. The I nterview was coordinated with the HR team based in Cleveland. I later met with the hiring manager for a few hours and discuss the future state of the program. I also met with other managers in the organization.

Auto Damage Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I interviewed at National General Insurance (Wilmington, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was in a restaurant with two managers. Interview was ok and they were very nice. It has been 4 months now since the interview and there has been no correspondence since. Very unprofessional to keep applicant uninformed of their decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to make a decision to go above and beyond to make a customer happy.   Answer Question