National General Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Winston-Salem, NC) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. First it was a phone interview and asked how I heard about the job and if i knew what a claims adjuster was and I did not so they told me what a claims adjuster did and what i would be doing if i was hired

Interview Questions

• Have I ever been in insurance?   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National General Insurance in August 2020.

Interview

First with an HR representative over the phone, followed by a technical interview over Zoom with two developers. After that the HR representative called back with an offer that was lower than I was currently making and I declined. The HR representative said I was extremely rude and there was no additional offer made.

Large Loss Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance.

Interview

Had me fly to Dallas to interview with 3 other candidates from out of state for 2 open positions. Never got back tome at all (did not respond to my inquiries either). Found out later they did not hire any of the 3 of us but filled the 2 positions internally. I should have known what kind of a company I was dealing with when they had me to fly in/out same day AND told me they would not provide any transportation (or reimbursement for transportation) from/to DFW to/from their office for the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National General Insurance.

Interview

I waited 15 minutes to be seen by 2 women. The interview was interrupted twice. 2 other people came into the interview about 10 minutes in. The original 2 women interviewing me were very rude and talking to each other for most of the interview

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Chicago, IL) in January 2020.

Interview

The first interview was with the company's recruiter, then a couple of more technical interviews with the hiring manager. Lastly, a supposed F2F interview on site. However, when I go there, I sat in front of a lap-top for a video chat with the hiring manager that was located in another state. I thought it was ridiculous to have me come in when I could have just as easily had the interview from my home. I never heard back from them. I think a candidate at least deserves a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was technical, but the video chat interview was just general questions like "why should we hire you?"   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Ontario, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Met the National General team at a career fair, applied online, and emailed the area's Corporate Recruiter. Was given a 15 minute phone interview. However, National General gave me a "sorry, not interested email" with a counter-offer of an interview opportunity for a 90 day, part-time internship at $16 (!!!) an hour that "could" lead to full-time employment Since I did great on the phone interview, have the strongest resume a recent graduate can have, and a couple friends gave me the same story, I have a theory that National General's perpetual recruiting to fill a "critical staff shortage" is a cheap labor strategy to get peon-interns to do as much the work of livable-income career employees as possible.
    National General, then, is the WalMart of insurance. Don't even try to work here unless desperate, or this is the best your skills and abilities can yield you on the free market.

IT Auditor Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was short and focus around the role of IT audit in the internal audit department. The interviewer was very friendly and provided a lot of detail about the job. He occasionally asked questions to make sure I understood was he was talking about.

Interview Questions

• Do you have interest for softwares and computer? Are you willing to relocate to Winston Salem?   Answer Question

Claims Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Boone, NC) in October 2019.

Interview

On Campus interview went great! I was very comfortable and the interviewer was very kind and attentive. I had been originally referred to the interviewer/ recruiter by my Business Career Services office. I am grateful for the opportunity because it seems company culture is greatly emphasized for the Winston Salem office and makes me excited to shadow this upcoming week.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for us?   1 Answer

Telephone Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at National General Insurance (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

Career fair, which led to a phone interview. Phone interview asked various questions about job history, strengths, weaknesses, personality questions, and behavioral questions. This led to a in person interview.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you had to use critical thinking to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Interview

Recruiter called me for a last minute opening to interview on a Friday. The whole process felt rushed from the very beginning. I interviewed with two managers simultaneously and they seemed disinterested from beginning to end, one of the fastest interviews I've ever done.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kernersville, NC

Interview

I was contacted via email from a Corporate Recruiter to schedule a phone screening. We set up a time for the next day. When it came time to take the phone call no one contacted me. I reached out via email and phone call to inquire about the missed phone screening. I did not get a response. I gave it 3 days and reached out again. No response. Today I received an automated email stating the company was going to review other candidates. No follow through on why the decision was made.