National General Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Commissions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied online and immediately was contacted for a phone interview. At the scheduled time, however, she never called. I emailed her to find out what happened and rescheduled the interview. However, I was really sick on the day of the interview, so I emailed her beforehand to ask if we could try a different time. She didn't respond to my email until hours later and had called me anyway for the interview. However, she was more than 10 minutes overdue from our scheduled time. We scheduled the interview for a third time, and once again I sat by my phone waiting for half an hour for her to call. I'm not sure if it's just the recruiter or if the company itself is this disorganized, but it's quite rude to be late for an interview three times in a row.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Nashville, TN) in March 2018.

Interview

The process was swift and very welcoming. The HR/Talent Acquisition team was very friendly and answered all my questions. I started with a phone screening which was scheduled at a convenient time for me. Then I did an in-person interview and was given a tour of the facility. Finally, I did another phone interview with the off site executive.

Interview Questions

• What do you wish we would ask you?   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I was called by the HR Director and participated in about a 30 minute phone screen. I was advised at the end of the call that I would be receiving a call to schedule an on-site interview. I had my on-site with first the HR Director and then with the Senior Corporate Recruiter and HR Coordinator together. The last interview was with Call-Center leads in claims and sales together. After the process was completed, I received a voice-mail providing feedback about a week later from the HR Director

The first two interviews with the HR team were very comfortable and conversational. I had the opportunity during these interviews to explain my skills and qualifications as they relate to the role and learn more about the company and several exciting initiatives they had planned.

However, the last interview with the hiring managers that this individual would be supporting was very intense. I received very little interaction and feedback with them during the questioning portion. This interview consisted of several very detailed behavioral based questions with no feedback upon providing an answer. The interviewers spent most of the time writing and talking between each other when they were not drilling questions.

Interview Questions

• You have a week to come up with 30 candidates for our next claims class. What do you do?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Saddle Brook, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a great interview and was so excited to work there.. they said my salary requirement wouldn't be an issue, ended up receiving an offer LESS then what I told them I was currently making, and they would t negotiate even a dollar more an hour.

Interview Questions

They wouldn't negotiate at all and they offered less then my current salary

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National General Insurance.

Interview

Through recruiter. The recruiter found my resume on line, called and said there was this opportunity in GMAC IT department. then asked me some general questions, then told to wait her next phone call. One day late, she called telling they would want me to have a on-site interview. After two day, I met the whole team on site. A few easy tech questions and behavior questions. toured around the building. It's a nice building. Big office area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Interview was a complete waist of time.
    Supposed to meet with two manager however only one showed up after fifteen minutes wait.
    Very easy computer science level one class question been asked followed by general question along with some resume project based questions as well.
    Advice to management: when interviewing candidates don’t assume answers instead use IDE to view logic and reasoning of candidates simply because paper based questions can have multiple solutions in which solutions can vary based on interviewer and candidate expertise level

Interview Questions

• When do you consider a software is complete   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Irvine, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Two phone screens, one with National General, one with Quotit, who they acquired, both behavioral. Panel Interview, technical questions. How do you declare a variable in SQL?

Interview Questions

• When is it inappropriate in a business situation to be honest?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Ontario, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The application process is quite extensive but once completed I received a phone call. It was a pre-screen interview. Basic questions such as what are looking for in a manager, and why do you enjoy accounting. The phone call lasted about 15 min. after I was told to come in for an Interview a week later. Interview went really well. Me and the controller hit it off pretty well and often lost track of the topic and would chat about random topics. I was told I would receive a phone interview from the CFO within the week. Emailed the controller after a week had passed and was told the position was being put on hold and HR would contact me. Never heard back, disappointing as it seemed like a cool place to work.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Winston-Salem, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, and was told someone would get back in touch with me. A month passed, but no one called. Seen that the company was having open interviews, and I went. Interviewed for about 15 minutes. Took an assessment that I felt was a bit elementary, but I'm guessing they were just testing for basic common sense. Just got called in for a second interview! Feeling excited and looking forward to having a wonderful career with this company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National General Insurance.

Interview

It was a standard interview. Two cycles of interviews in same day. Performed by supervisors of department. It was a standard interview. Two cycles of interviews in same day. Performed by supervisors of department. It was a standard interview. Two cycles of interviews in same day. Performed by supervisors of department.