National General Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.5

Commissions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied online and immediately was contacted for a phone interview. At the scheduled time, however, she never called. I emailed her to find out what happened and rescheduled the interview. However, I was really sick on the day of the interview, so I emailed her beforehand to ask if we could try a different time. She didn't respond to my email until hours later and had called me anyway for the interview. However, she was more than 10 minutes overdue from our scheduled time. We scheduled the interview for a third time, and once again I sat by my phone waiting for half an hour for her to call. I'm not sure if it's just the recruiter or if the company itself is this disorganized, but it's quite rude to be late for an interview three times in a row.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Really easy and laid back. The management was professional and personable. They asked the right amount of questions and kept me from feeling nervous. I felt like myself and it was a fairly quick interview. Afterwards, they had me listen and watch someone do the position I would do for about 30 minutes and asked if it was going to be something I'd be okay doing. I appreciated that.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple process. The I nterview was coordinated with the HR team based in Cleveland. I later met with the hiring manager for a few hours and discuss the future state of the program. I also met with other managers in the organization.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National General Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

We had a phone interview and after 4 weeks, I emailed the interviewer to ask whether I was still in the running, and then the second interview was arranged immediately.

Exceptions Processor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National General Insurance.

Interview

Round table interview process. Multiple candidates answering same questions one at a time. Candidates line up on a long table with 2 interviewers on the other side. Typical process.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Was taken into a room with no windows with 2 men (I'm female) that played "Good Cop, Bad Cop." Bad Cop was very hostile, all of his questions felt accusatory. Spent over an hour being bombarded with questions about my work history, with very little focus on the present or future.

Interview Questions

• Why did you work in so many departments in your last company? Is that because you get bored and can't stay in one place?   1 Answer

Bodily Injury Representative, Ontario CA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Ontario, CA).

Interview

2 tiered interview, 2 managers at each session. Overall friendly but the one manager with beefy eyes and hair reminiscent of a skunk made me uncomfortable. Didn't really listen to my responses based on follow up questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

It took about 2-3 weeks to finally get a call to schedule an interview after I was referred by an employee. The first interview took about 15-20 minutes and then the second one took about the same time.

Md Representative Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at National General Insurance.

Interview

I did an initial phone interview, then was scheduled for an in person interview. It was with a panel of supervisors 4-5 and was told would here back the end of week or early next week. The end of next week came,then nothing. Eventually was reached out to by a manager to setup a second interview but was never able to schedule a date. This was about 2 weeks after the interview. I agreed to meet but then never heard back. Seems to be a huge lack of communication in interview, hiring process.

Interview Questions

• leadership examples, dealing with upset customers , etc.. standard   Answer Question

Bodily Injury Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National General Insurance (Williamsville, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied on a Sunday night, received a call Monday afternoon, was in for an interview by Thursday. Very prompt based on the position they were seeking to fill. I received a call the following Monday with an offer. Based on the total compensation package compared to a competing employer, I respectfully countered and provided a summary of +/-'s, and how I arrived at that counter. Now from Day 1, the recruiter (Matt in Cleveland, OH), was very personable and easy to deal with. However he did not take to my counter in a professional manner. He started by providing his analysis of my personal life and prior work situation, followed by explaining that he has "his pick of the crop, and that he has the upper hand in this negotiation". I gave the final number I would be willing to accept the position for, he stated "I doubt I will be able to get that, but will let you know". Everything from that point was abrupt, I received a call shortly after with an in-between counter, and declined. Matt could have taken the high road, but finished off the conversation by letting me know that I must be okay with burning bridges.

To Management: it is very important to make sure that you select positive people to be the face of your company. In any other scenario, I would have probably accepted the final offer, however, I would not have even accepted my requested amount had he come back to it, based on his demeanor. It might be beneficial to put Matt through a rotation in Claims so he can learn proper negotiation techniques, and how to not take something so simple in a personal manner. At the end of the day, the company DOES have its pick of the crop, but you do NOT have your pick of top talent. The managers that I met with in the interview were great, however, and that still gives me some hope that it could be a decent place to work.

Interview Questions

• There were questions about my experience in different roles, where I saw myself in the future, strengths/weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
National General Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Mesa, AZ What do you think is important for you, in a job?
National General Insurance Manager Interview New York, NY Conversation about the program.
National General Insurance Pricing Analyst Interview New York, NY what's your expectation of the salary?
National General Insurance Exceptions Processor Interview Typical behavioral questions. Nothing original.
National General Insurance Insurance Sales Agent Interview Portland, OR Why did you work in so many departments in your last company? Is that because you get bored and can't stay in one place?
National General Insurance Bodily Injury Representative, Ontario CA Interview Ontario, CA Time you disagreed with manager.
National General Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Fort Worth, TX What was the reason for leaving your previous jobs?
National General Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Fort Worth, TX Have you had any experience with customer service using telephones?
National General Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Fort Worth, TX What are your strengths and weaknesses?
National General Insurance Md Representative Interview leadership examples, dealing with upset customers , etc.. standard
National General Insurance Bodily Injury Representative Interview Williamsville, NY There were questions about my experience in different roles, where I saw myself in the future, strengths/weaknesses, etc.