Panera Bread Baker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

1.8

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Carson, CA).

Interview

Talked to BMM at the time Tennell Cookfor about 15 min. He went over job description and requirements. What experience I had , where, and with whom. And when could I start?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Louisville, KY) in June 2017.

Interview

They ask the general interview questions. With A lot of emphasis on how do you deal with critism which there is a lot of everyday. They also ask how you deal with stress since you'll be working alone throughout the night .

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

They were very polite and personable. The interview was short and sweet. I was first interviewed by an assistant manager who recommended me highly to the gm. I met with her about a week later and she was very professional and kind. Then I meet with the bakery marketing manager who kept going on about how impressive my resume was. He was very nice. They told me everything about the job upfront and answered all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I'm most proud of.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Visalia, CA).

Interview

There was a 30 minute job preview with the Baker Training Specialist, and a short one-on-one interview with the Bakery Market Manager. It was very casual and simple. The manager who hired me was very personable and respectable with his employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Toledo, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. The whole interview took about 40 minutes. I applied online through a job search engine, received a phone call the very next day and had the interview set up for the day after that.
    I declined the offer only because of the starting pay vs my experience in the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Fond du Lac, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 people, a man & a woman. Both talked down at me as if I've never baked in my life when in fact I have baked for many years. My problem with them was the maker's job isn't really a true baker's job, the dough is already made & comes to the stores frozen. Basically the baker just takes the count needed from the freezer, pans it, goes in the proofed & then the oven for a certain time. They wanted to know if I thought I was qualified for the job. Apparently I wasn't. Thankfully I didn't work for Panerna Bread Co.

Interview Questions

• If I Would be able to come in when I was scheduled. Apparently it seems their workers don't show for work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Overall I was impressed. I went through three processes: the initial interview, the working interview, and the "hiring" interview. The initial interview was a simple 10 to 15 minute meeting with the baking market manager about why I wanted the job, why I think I would excel in a baking position, and what I knew about Panera Bread as a company--the usual stuff. After that was complete, a working interview was scheduled, where I worked with a trainer for two hours who showed me some pan ups, had me try some hands-on work, and explained the nuances of the job. I really enjoyed that part, as I gave me a chance to decide if I would enjoy the nature of the work. The final step is the last interview, which for me was more of a confirmation that I wanted the job and verified the terms of employment. At this last interview I filled out the requisite paperwork, went over the associate handbook with the baking manager, received my uniform, and was ready to start training the following night.

Interview Questions

• Q: Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer
    • Q: What do you know about Panera?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

was fast and easy. it was a three part interview. another words was called back three times. there was a small questionnaire to answer which the manager gives you and he uses to determine if you are a likely candidate for the store. after that you are told your starting wage and when to come back to fill out the paperwork. you are then trained with someone else for at least three days depending which station you were hired for.

Baker Interview

Interview

I had one interview. The systemic manager was fantastic to speak with. Highly knowledgeable. She wanted to work with me but the position I was after was no longer available.

Interview Questions

• What would I like most about you?   1 Answer

Because the training was to far from home. Ann hour and a half drive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keller, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Keller, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Had a group interview. Very relaxed and fun atmosphere.