Panera Bread Baker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Baker Interview Questions

Interviews at Panera Bread

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2008.

Interview

The interview was very lengthy. repetitive questions with the personality quiz. I had to go through security check and drug screening for a third shift position. There were promises of promotion and regular pay raises. It was also stated that performance reviews would be done once a month that would bring in extra bonus money.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me the job with the promise of quarterly bonus checks based on monthly performance reviews. I never got those bonuses or reviews. "they were too busy" to perform them.

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in Brook Park, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Brook Park, OH) in March 2010.

Interview

It was an open interview session where multiple candidates could come in during specified hours for an interview with one of two Baker Managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for pay negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Apex, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Apex, NC) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied for the job online through a contractor that passed the assessment information along to Panera Corporate. A couple days later, the local BMM (bakery market manager) called me to request an interview, to which I agreed. The interview took place at 11 PM at a local Panera store and lasted about a half hour. Overall, the interview was fairly straightforward and easy--they were obviously desperate to hire someone who looked competent and spoke fluent English. As with all interviews, wear a suit, because that might be the thing that gets you the job; managers love the look of professionalism, even if it's a lie.

Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Boynton Beach, FL) in February 2009.

Interview

just went in for a short one on one interview. the manager asked basic questions. He had me fill out a consent form for a background criminal check. two weeks later i was told to come in. its an overnight job. i just wish they gave me more than 8 hours to come in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keller, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Keller, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Had a group interview. Very relaxed and fun atmosphere.

Baker Interview

Interview

I had one interview. The systemic manager was fantastic to speak with. Highly knowledgeable. She wanted to work with me but the position I was after was no longer available.

Interview Questions

• What would I like most about you?   1 Answer

Because the training was to far from home. Ann hour and a half drive.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

was fast and easy. it was a three part interview. another words was called back three times. there was a small questionnaire to answer which the manager gives you and he uses to determine if you are a likely candidate for the store. after that you are told your starting wage and when to come back to fill out the paperwork. you are then trained with someone else for at least three days depending which station you were hired for.

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Tuscaloosa, AL) in July 2013.

Interview

very friendly and informal. We met in the local Panera cafe and simply discussed what the job would entail and how i might fit into the baking mold. I also met the man who would be training me and he discussed the details of my training with me and asked a few stress tester questions to see if he thought i would be able to handle the bake.

Interview Questions

• what kind of experience do you have that could help cope with the multitasking environment you will experience working as a baker?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

They were very polite and personable. The interview was short and sweet. I was first interviewed by an assistant manager who recommended me highly to the gm. I met with her about a week later and she was very professional and kind. Then I meet with the bakery marketing manager who kept going on about how impressive my resume was. He was very nice. They told me everything about the job upfront and answered all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I'm most proud of.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Overall I was impressed. I went through three processes: the initial interview, the working interview, and the "hiring" interview. The initial interview was a simple 10 to 15 minute meeting with the baking market manager about why I wanted the job, why I think I would excel in a baking position, and what I knew about Panera Bread as a company--the usual stuff. After that was complete, a working interview was scheduled, where I worked with a trainer for two hours who showed me some pan ups, had me try some hands-on work, and explained the nuances of the job. I really enjoyed that part, as I gave me a chance to decide if I would enjoy the nature of the work. The final step is the last interview, which for me was more of a confirmation that I wanted the job and verified the terms of employment. At this last interview I filled out the requisite paperwork, went over the associate handbook with the baking manager, received my uniform, and was ready to start training the following night.

Interview Questions

• Q: Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer
    • Q: What do you know about Panera?   1 Answer