Panera Bread Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panera Bread Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2018
1,637 Interview Reviews

1.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

One interview, lasted fifteen minutes

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Panera?   2 Answers

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

It was nice and informative on what each job entailed and where you'd be starting out with.
    Told me what responsibilities I would have as a worker.
    Was able to get a free drink while going through the intertwine process.
    It was a casual sit down in the cafe with one of the managers then had another interview with a second manager the next day.
    They assured me and told me that essentially I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer mornings?/Afternoons?/or Evenings?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

An easy professional process, but the two managers asked questions on top of each other, making it difficult to answer them. They wanted the individual they were hiring to fit into the atmosphere of the work place. The main con is that once accepted the information that was presented in the interview was not passed on appropriately, such as for scheduling purposes, etc.

Interview Questions

• How can you fit us into your schedule?   2 Answers

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I was seen by the manager promptly at out agreed time. He offered me a drink then proceeded to ask very basic questions, why I want to work there, if there were any school conflicts. Very simple interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got offered $1.75 over what I asked for in salary with no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was very casual and relaxed. It was also very brief, about 15 minutes. Questions were pretty general. I was relieved because I am in high school so this was my first interview.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Aurora, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

filed out application - met with manager - received hat (uniform) - attended a seminar to learn about company policy and procedures, product. given hour to work. showed up and began training in house. watched videos and took test before actually put on register.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

average/

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I was referred by a previous manager I had worked for at another Panera. She and the store manager I talked to were good friends, so it wasn't hard to set an interview. The process was very simple and, possibly because of my recommendation, it was over very quickly. Both the GM and the DM were very helpful and thorough.

Interview Questions

• Why is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiating phase. I requested Sundays off and was told I had to work them. I negotiated it down to one Sunday off a month, etc. What I would say is to keep on top of the negotiations. Write notes and if someone crosses the line, bring it up.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Columbia, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy interview process. I applied online then received a call about 2 weeks later. We scheduled the interview the next day, had a second interview the following day, was called with an offer on the 3rd day.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henrietta, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Henrietta, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of 10 questions asked by the General Manager. After the questions were answered, was given an "orientation" date and time. Orientation consisted of 1-2 hours of paperwork (W-4, I-9 and other forms).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked in a group setting. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marion, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Marion, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

I filled out my application in the store and was told i would be called if they were interested. I received a call the next morning and went in the next week for an interview. I got the job on the spot and had to go back for orientation. The company now does the application process online so it may be harder to get to know the person through a computer application.

Interview Questions

• Why did i wish to work at the company?   1 Answer