PayPal Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PayPal Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at PayPal

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PayPal (Houston, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

After a telephone screening, i was called for an onsite interview.
Technical rounds required in depth knowledge of data structures.
Fluency with AWS framework was appreciated
The interviewer was friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were very detailed. Asked about personal experience with difficult situations while working in a team.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PayPal

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PayPal (Vellore (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a bad experience overall. I answered all the questions asked and they still rejected me. they asked questions on OOPS and basic algorithm optimization. I do not know what they expect from a candidate and they even seemed satisfied with my answers. And as usual, the main problem with interviews are, you never know where you go wrong. I have been rejected before for giving a solution that is better than what the interviewer could come up with and have been rejected on that basis.

Interview Questions

• Why would you use mergesort to sort a file given there are no memory constraints , and why not use binary sort?   2 Answers

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

PayPal came to our college for campus recruitment. First round was an online test on hackerrank with 10 MCQ and one coding question. After that, there was an additional coding round for the people who got selected in first round. It was followed by two two technical interviews and one HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Coin exchange problem, no of ways to make a change of a given number   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thanjavur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PayPal (Thanjavur (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college.we had 4 rounds.1st round was an online test(20 apti+ 2 programming questions) for 1 hr.Each round was an elimination process.In round 2,they asked to explain the code that I had executed in round 1.Later questions were asked on data structures,Strings and few other questions with some constraints.Round 3 is completely based on my projects and other aceivements.The resume was scanned completely.Round 4 was a HR round.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

First, there was a written round with aptitude and technical questions. This was followed by three rounds of interviews (two technical, one HR).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

I went for a drive. At the end of 4 rounds they confirmed they would be giving an offer. Its been a month now. The recruiter is saying the position is not available anymore due to some restructuring. They make you wait for a month saying your offer letter is been sent to US for some approval and then stop answering calls.