Primerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 25, 2017

1.6

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primerica (Troy, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

A very nice women named heidi called me and gave me details on the position available. We then set up a date and time for me to come in. She was very nice had a lot of great things to say about the comany. I now have another date to come in to learn more about the position and if i will be moving forward with it.

Reinsurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Primerica (Duluth, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Three weeks after I applied for the position I was asked to interview the next day. I sat down with HR, someone from the department and their manager. Initially the questions, process and structure were fairly standard. When I met with the final manager I had a difficult time assessing the situation. I wasn't quite clear as to what direction she was going. She talked quite a bit considering it was an interview and her questions were vague. It felt a little like an interrogation that I just wanted to get out of after a while. I was also given a blanket response about timeline. The same day I was sent an email instructing me to contact references in preparation. After waiting the quoted two weeks I called HR, who didn't answer or return my call. The next day I was sent a generic email stating the position was filled. Ultimately, I'm glad that I didn't get this position. A company this size should be able to send out generic emails when the position is filled not just after contact is made to inquire. This was particularly irritating because I have good relationships with my references. Id like to let them know that another candidate was chosen and they will not be contacted.

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Primerica (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a joke!!! Someone called and said he was looking for someone to help him hire and train people for the new offices he was planning to open.

he asked me if I could go that same day (note: he called at 1:30pm). I dropped what I was doing to go. I arrived earlier than expected and was told he would see me in 20 minutes. I waited almost 1 hour. When one woman came to the reception to get the person she would be talking to and asked me if I was X. I said yes and she asked me to follow her. She said she was the wife of the man that called me and would be talking to the 2 of us at the same time. I thought it was strange.

Well, the recruiting and hiring is BS. It's a pyramid scheme. You recruit and get people under you to sell whatever their products are.
    I did not stay any longer than 10 minutes into the interview. In that short amount of time she started telling us how they met, and got married and started their business, then she had to step out to go "get another person" she had to talk to. I could not believe how disrespectful, besides they lied to what they were looking for.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Primerica (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

He gave me a lot of information about the company, and what they do. He also gave me an opportunity to ask questions, state my intentions with the company. He gave me clear instructions of the job.

Interview Questions

• Would I be a hard worker and do I care about helping people?   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Interview

I received a call from a Primerica recruiter for job placement. During the conversation they advised they would be interested in meeting with me for an office Manager job. They also referred me to the companies website for more information. I scheduled the appointment. The recruiter asked me to bring a list of my references to the meeting.
    I located no Office Manager posting on the company's site. I called the recruiter for a copy of the job posting, receiving no return call.
    I also saw reviews on Glassdoor of issues where interviewers were interested in candidates reference lists for recruiting purposes.
    Too many red flags and no information on a supposed Manager position.

Interview Questions

• Bring my list of references to the meeting   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Primerica in May 2017.

Interview

The interview overall took about 30 minutes. The person who interviewed me was super nice, and made me feel like I was going to succeed in the position. He made sure to go over all aspects of the position, so I had a better feel for what I would be doing.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Primerica (Aurora, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Went in for a group interview which I wasn't informed about. It seems like a pyramid scheme. I did not want to work for an insurance company anyway. They tried to really get me in there by asking for my driver's license and credit card. I have never went to an interview where I PAID someone. I think that it should have been deducted out of your first paycheck but they try to say that they'll be spending over $900 on you for training so you should spend the $124. I did not like this and since it didn't sound like a guarantee I certainly was not interested!

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Primerica (Killeen, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I didn't get a good feeling from the moment I met the interviewer. Very arrogant person who aid I could easily make $80k part time. I didn't like how he came off as just being concerned with referrals rather than actually helping Families.

Interview Questions

• Not really questions, more so a presentation was given. The atmosphere was uncomfortable and it felt like he was selling the position.   1 Answer

Opportunity Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Primerica in April 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from someone who found my resume on a job search website describing a great opportunity with a great company working in financial advising for the middle class. I'd already interviewed with Banker's and realized this line of work isn't for me but figured I'd go for an interview and see if this company did anything special. I received another job offer and decided to cancel my interview but I was never given a phone number or email address to contact.
    I received another phone call from the same person, who still didn't identify the company insisting that I still come in for an interview. I requested a morning appointment but was only offered noon (I understand why now after reading other reviews). I agreed to come in.
    As I was driving to the interview I was increasingly bothered by the fact that I didn't know what the company was and why would a recruiter insist on interviewing someone who didn't show for a scheduled interview. I Google searched the recruiters name and found out it was Primerica. I turned around immediately and went back home. I've been recruited for Primerica in the past and I know it's not for me.
    I received another call asking to reschedule followed by several texts that got increasingly unprofessional as I insisted that I've done my research on Primerica and I'm certain that this isn't the opportunity I'm looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous employer?   3 Answers

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primerica (Madison, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

A brief face to face followed by an information session and then the real interview. Face to face and information session were not difficult, seemed like they would hire anyone.