Primerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Primerica Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

1.6

Opportunity Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Primerica in April 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from someone who found my resume on a job search website describing a great opportunity with a great company working in financial advising for the middle class. I'd already interviewed with Banker's and realized this line of work isn't for me but figured I'd go for an interview and see if this company did anything special. I received another job offer and decided to cancel my interview but I was never given a phone number or email address to contact.
    I received another phone call from the same person, who still didn't identify the company insisting that I still come in for an interview. I requested a morning appointment but was only offered noon (I understand why now after reading other reviews). I agreed to come in.
    As I was driving to the interview I was increasingly bothered by the fact that I didn't know what the company was and why would a recruiter insist on interviewing someone who didn't show for a scheduled interview. I Google searched the recruiters name and found out it was Primerica. I turned around immediately and went back home. I've been recruited for Primerica in the past and I know it's not for me.
    I received another call asking to reschedule followed by several texts that got increasingly unprofessional as I insisted that I've done my research on Primerica and I'm certain that this isn't the opportunity I'm looking for.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primerica.

Interview

I attended two rounds of interview, first one was mostly informational and some basic questions. The second "interview" was literally a presentation with about 12 people in the room. It was again the same information from the first interview even though it was different people their words were the exact same like they all practiced from a sheet of paper. It was not something for me so I declined to move on the next round of interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about what my plans were and how I would I be able to contribute to the team   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Primerica.

Interview

Called me about opening new offices. I am not new to this company and asked what role and the Regional Vice President as they are calling their selves said management opportunities. I even mentioned that I dont want to do sales. I really wish these people would stop. I have asked them not to contact me.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primerica.

Interview

It wasn't an interview. I got a phone call from someone who had read my resume on a college's career portal and lead me to believe it was going to be an interview for a position relating to my resume. It wasn't. They were preying on impressionable college students to get them to come in, give them a vague job offer, push them into it and take their money for "background checks". I'm sorry, no. That is a huge red flag, among other things. A simple Google search on this company will bring up so many articles (there is a good one on Business Insider that breaks down how they rake in the cash while being a pyramid scheme) on it being a "Multi-Level Marketing"(aka pyramid scheme) company guised as a financial institution. The representative got frustrated and started talking down to me when I was asking questions about the corporate structure, managerial structure of the company, what they do and if I was there interviewing for the position I was lead to believe I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• We charge a small fee for the background checks is that ok?
      Do you want to help people?
      Do you want to make extra money?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Primerica (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

A Primerica employee called me, since a friend of mine listed me as a reference. He spent most of the call not asking about my friend's work ethic but asking me if I knew anyone who was interested in 'managing offices' since their business was expanding. I told him that I was and he enthusiastically set up an appointment to meet with me.

We met up and I was told extensively about how impressive Primerica is, and about how the job practically does itself since the product you are selling (financial management) would benefit EVERYONE. Then it was very clear to me that they wanted me for a sales position, not a manager. I still tried to keep an open mind and asked about they pay. Basically I was told we are paid by commission for selling services and by the sales of agents we recruited. This explained why they were so eager to recruit, it was like a pyramid scheme!

The 'interview' (in which he asked me almost nothing about myself) ended abruptly and without all of my questions answered, I was instructed to come to a follow-up Appt. This was a mass meeting with a group of people, we watched a 45 minute video about how great Primerica is and how financial management benefits people. I still had unanswered questions about the job though.

I found out another of our friends was roped into this. So now there were 3 of us talking to this company on our own, and each of us were seeing red flags.

I came in for a third meeting and demanded that my questions be answered. I wanted to know about training and about lead generation and was disappointed when I found out the sorry truth. 'Training' is self-taught course to earn a license via an online course that YOU have to pay $400 for, you are reimbursed $300 if you pass the final test. And lead generation is all on you. I hope your friends and family don't mind you soliciting to them, and they better let you manage their stocks/retirements/bank accounts because if not then you got nothing.

Ultimately, all 3 of us walked away from this company with an extremely negative impression of them.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anyone with a good work ethic? Have them come in to work here too! We'll take anyone!   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primerica (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Sit face to face with the Regional Vice President. He will ask you some questions about how you can move up in the company and make 168k a year running your own office.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a willingness to learn new things?   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Primerica (Herndon, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was smooth and straight to the point. They have a friendly environment. I was even offered food after the interview. The Team leader is one smart guy who blew my mind away
    I think its something i would like to do on a part time and eventually do it full time.
    i love the flexibility part where you get to work from home and on your own schedule. The amazing part is you get to learn on the job

Interview Questions

• where do you wish to see yourself in the next 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worthington, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primerica (Worthington, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted directly and was told that my profile was found on LinkedIn. I was skeptical from the start, but because I'm in the beginning stages of my job search I felt that the interview practice would be helpful. I scheduled a time to meet with the hiring manager. When I showed up, I was told to fill out a profile sheet and take a seat...with the three other people also interviewing. (second red flag: cattle call) I was called back and spent about a half hour listening to my interviewer tell me how much money I was going to make using their tried and true method of changing lives (read: using my personal network of friends and family to sell insurance products). I cut it short at minute 40 by explaining the the position - whatever it was - wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Lots of very sales-y questions...I got the very distinct impression that I was being sold on the job rather than being truly vetted out to see if I was a good fit. A pitch rather than an interview. the only questions I was asked were rhetorical: don't I want to help people have security? People are dumb, aren't they? There is a need for us to help people see that they need insurance, right? Etc...   4 Answers

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sutton, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Primerica (Sutton, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Met for about 45 minutes at the Employers office. The interviewer was pleasant and energetic. It was less of an interview and more of a recruitment. I believe it to be more of a farming than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Anything that could be answered with a yes.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primerica (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was called by the head of the branch at Congress telling me that he saw my resume online and believed i am a good fit and invited me to come in to discuss my options with him. We agreed on a time and date, when i got there i was told to fill out a pre screen interview form then directed to a conference room with others waiting. It turns out to be a presentation on the company and how you can be a part of it by "owning you own business". This screams multi level marketing from all angles and when i questioned it i was told its different. It was not, you are 100% responsible for your earning and benefits. Not for me, i can think of other business to start on my own than to join this one with recurring monthly fee. I wasn't interested and others walked away too.