Cover image for Primerica

76% Recommend to a Friend
90% Approve of CEO

Found 1,651 of over 2K reviews

3.9
Primerica Chief Executive Officer Glen Williams (no image)
Glen Williams

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Community, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "Primerica is great for people who are very out going and are good at making selling point.(in 97 reviews)
  • "Training is great!(in 70 reviews)
  • "Good money when you close with good premium and a good market to continue business(in 49 reviews)
  • "Money and flexible hours help(in 36 reviews)
  • "The benefits are good not anything you out of the ordinary(in 29 reviews)
Cons

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Primerica and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Sep 21, 2023
      Senior Representative
      Current Employee
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s fully remote, my regional office is awesome and assisting with getting me all types of business

Cons

Building your own network can be tough

2. Your thoughts on Primerica? I’ve always compared it to a MLM.

13 comments

Founder 1

…It’s pretty terrible… no better way to say it. Not only that, but they gauge folks on insurance costs and fight to not pay out. We replace a lot of their bs needless to say.

View 13 more replies
        Current Employee
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Primerica allows you to have unlimited potential in the pay that you earn through the work that you put in. It is a high-energy sales environment where you are recognized for your work and encouraged to always push to be better.

Cons

Pay is commission-based and must generate sales to earn money.

2. Join the Primerica team
        See Our Latest Jobs
      3. I got offered in orientation with Primerica, does anyone have any past with them? Or suggestions on how they are as employers?

13 comments

Claims Specialist 1

As someone who never worked with them but have very close people that did, they are an MLM.. do they offer a legit product? Yes. Are they a good company to work for? Depends. Your income depends of recruiting people and selling policies, mainly recruiting.. and you’ll get commission only if the costumer kept the policy over 60 days (I believe, I’ve heard 30 as well but this was years ago). Is that a business model you are okay with, don’t care how you depend mainly on your friends and family members for constant referrals and don’t care about very fluctuating income? I can recommend you to try it for yourself, you don’t expect a 9/5 job with stability out of it because it’s not it.

View 13 more replies
        Where is this from?
      Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,651 Reviews
      </>Embed

Primerica Reviews FAQs

Primerica has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 2,041 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at Primerica to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Primerica employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Primerica. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

76% of Primerica employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Primerica 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Primerica to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Primerica Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

192.4K

Property Manager

As a leasing agent for two years, I then worked my way to assistant manager for t 11 months. Then, to a property manager position, nine months into my new role as manager, I was terminated, with no warning, completely unexpected. How do I explain this undeserving action and embarrassment in an upcoming interview without any risk in the decision-making of my employment with the company I am interested in? I hope I am relaying this in a way that is understood.

1 Comment

Mobile Mortgage Specialist

Looking to make a career change into HR. And would really like to work at Ontario Power Generation (OPG). Any insights or tips on the OPG interview process?

0 Comments

Digital Communications

I completed a writing test for a well-known agency and an curious to know what will the employer look for? I feel good about it though!

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 2,041 Primerica reviews submitted anonymously by Primerica employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Primerica is right for you.