Primerica Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Glen Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The ability to make your own schedule and unlimited income potential (in 46 reviews)

• Access to professional licensing otherwise unavailable to part time individuals (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • This is not a job but rather a pushy multi-level marketing scheme (in 19 reviews)

• Marketing mostly to friends and family who may not be a solid lead (in 18 reviews)

"One of the best opportunities right now for young entrepreneurs."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Primerica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You're self-employed from the start, so you basically create your own schedule by setting your own appointments and your income is based on how hard you work. Great potential for residual income and broker overrides. Culture is very uplifting and encouraging without being weird, unlike most workplaces that just reprimand you when you do something wrong. I've personally received a lot of support from my team to help me get started. The best part is you can start out part-time without risking your regular job.

Cons

There are some sour apples and unmotivated people that unfortunately go out of their way to tarnish the name and reputation of the company. My advice is to give it a shot for yourself and if you don't like it, then quit and stay at your regular job, but at least you'll know if it's for you or not.

"Don't be swayed by the negative reviews here."

Former Employee - Senior District Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior District Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Primerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

On your own time, great potential to make money while also legitimately financially helping people. Not just targeted to the lower and middle classes, upper class clients are very welcome to be clients as well. Lower/middle class is more targeted simply because a lot of the time they need financial help and this company helps them figure a way to secure their financial futures by figuring out how to plan for retirement while also paying off debt in a fast track way that doesn't hurt credit scores. I was actually able to help my parents figure out how to get out of debt 15 years sooner than what they would have at their current rate. There is SOOO much more to this company than these negative reviews say. I encourage you to humor yourself and actually get first hand knowledge about this company. Check out credible sources such as the New York Stock Exchange, Forbes, and the Better Business Bureau websites.
    I worked with the company for about a year before I moved out of state, and loved every minute of it, even though I personally couldn't get where I wanted to go with it. I fully believe in what this company was created for and what it is trying to do. I'm still a client myself.

Cons

I will agree it can be difficult to get started. Yes, you start by talking to people you know to try to develop leads to other potential clients. It can become more difficult when these friends and family members don't give you the support you need. This is a hard business to get in to but if you're willing to put in the work then it will pay off.
    Commissions only.

Advice to Management

It also depends on the office you go to. Unfortunately, some offices do not represent the company in a very positive manner. The office I went to was in Dallas, TX and they were nothing but encouraging and I never felt pressured.

"Greatest opportunity of your life"

Current Employee - Representative in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Representative in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Primerica gives you the opportunity to build your own business with the ground up. This company offers you what every other company doesn't and it can be VERY rewarding if you put in the work and effort. You start with people you know and build your network so you can then create leads and move up in the company. The pay is all comission but they pay VERY generously and it becomes more when you advance in the company. You can be broke working this job, or you can be a millionaire. Your choice. Good luck to all!

Cons

None, only lazy people have bad things to say about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing, keep doing what you are doing

"Life Insurance Agent"

Current Employee - Life Insurance Agent in Saddle Brook, NJ
    Current Employee - Life Insurance Agent in Saddle Brook, NJ

I have been working at Primerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, lots of room for improvement, nice people to work with...

Cons

You work for commission only.

5. "FINANCIAL ADVISOR"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teaches you to be self directed and truly take advantage of your time and to make proper use of your time. Mainly this experience has taught me how to be financially responsible and really see the value of most things versus just volunteering my time it's best when we invest our time!

Cons

You truly have to be discipline your time or you will allow everything else take advantage of your time when you truly know you have something else you need to be working on but because you are responsible for your own time you tend to lose sight of what is important amongst everything else that is going on in your daily life.

Advice to Management

This will definitely teach you to see the true value of your time and how to manage it because we know that TIME is MONEY.

6. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent

I have been working at Primerica part-time

Pros

Nice environment and hands on education.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives.

"Primerica"

Current Employee - Regional Leader in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Regional Leader in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company that does what is right for the Consumer!

Cons

Not an MLM! Not a pyramid- have been in business over 40 years and government agencies do not license pyramid schemes!

Advice to Management

Stay the course!

8. "I absolutely love being an agent with Primerica! It's so rewarding when you work hard!"

Pros

There is Unlimited earning potential
    There are Awesome Benefits
    There is quick Promotion Potential
    There are wonderful incentive rewards
    Great help

Cons

Work long hours (but on you own time)
    Having to communicate a lot with people
    Having to be a salesperson

"Senior Rep"

Current Employee - Senior Representative in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Representative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the company's energy and their acknowledgement that people are driven by recognition and money. Because of this, most of their paid trips are worth the work!

Cons

The cons of the company are maintaining a consistent drive and love for money. If you're truly happy in your current position or if you're unwilling to put in the work needed to build a team of leaders of your own, this isn't the company for you. Lots of hard work, speaking to strangers(growing your hierarchy), and constant meetings. All these are cons because they are inconvenient regarding your time and the main reasons people leave the company, however, they're all useful if one is serious about the company.

Advice to Management

I love the financial advice that is provided to both clients and agents.

10. "sales representative"

Pros

very flexible time or job.

Cons

it is strictly commission based.