Primerica Reviews

Updated Jun 15, 2021

Found 1,244 of over 1K reviews

4.1
Primerica Chief Executive Officer Glen Williams (no image)
Glen Williams
Pros
  • "Access to study material for all licenses online(in 131 reviews)

• "You can work part-time and transition to full-time(in 72 reviews)

• Cons
  • "May possibly be a pyramid scheme(in 59 reviews)

• "Small con would be 100% commission based(in 58 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Primerica and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Love it

Jun 15, 2021 - Division
      Business Outlook

Pros

Move up fast even faster now bc of virtual meetings

Cons

You don’t work don’t see results

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

All Jobs Are a Pyramid Scheme..

Dec 4, 2020 - Division Leader in Homewood, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Environment, Long Lasting Relationships, and Everyone wants to see you win..Great Part Time Income

Cons

Its not hourly ..just commision.

6 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

It is legit, BUT

Apr 8, 2021 - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Primerica is a publicly-traded company on the stock market, and have operated for decades, helping people with their life insurance needs. Further, people DO make money in a Primerica career.Many attest to their positive experience working for the company and the income they make.

Cons

I am very disappointed with this company. I signed up with this company in July 2020. Once I made my first payment I was told that myself and my child were covered. Around October I was hospitalized with Covid. While in the hospital the 2nd time I was told via email that my premium went up. My only focus was to make a full recovery. On November 25, 2020 my son was murdered. When I called to file a claim, I was told that an adjuster would contact me. Over a week later, no word from them. I decided to give them a call back and was told that my claim was denied. I was told that they issued me a refund but I have never received it. The adjuster lacked empathy and compassion for anyone. Not only am I dealing with the loss of my only child, I have also to deal with this. Please run away from this company. They have no empathy for you or your loved ones!

8 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Opportunity for Anyone

Jun 13, 2021 - Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company will give you every resource to succeed

Cons

Based on your effort and commitment

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

It must be a scam to go from former stay home no financial experience to VP!

Dec 26, 2020 - Regional Vice President in Kapolei, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Where else will a stay home mom of 13 years start with no experience, $0 income to firing her husband's boss of 17 years, Air Traffic Controller career our 2nd year in Primerica? You have a problem with recruiting your own family & friends to experience getting a shot at adding more VALUE of licenses in the marketplace & owning their own business? WHY NOT? McDs, Panda, everywhere they're HIRING, that's the biggest scam in America is going to college and getting 2 Associate degrees I haven't used in 13yrs but still paying my bill?! Started here at such a ridiculously LOW COST and earned a bonus and promoted myself to RVP through a team. I LOVE WHAT WE DO BECAUSE WE HELP FAMILIES LIKE MYSELF get out of debt!

Cons

Anyone can do Primerica and win like us but not everyone will do it! Some people quit and talk like they experienced it but that's from a sore loser perspective - not from us being the LARGEST in the industry over 130,000 LICENSED agents. Like any business you open self-employed and work on getting your licenses and knowing how to run one while building a team of people motivated like you. Not everyone will work or hustle or persevere like you. So like an eagle, you gotta fly higher and find other eagles like you. Just don't quit too early until you've helped a family and help others help families.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Your work ethic and attitude will MAKE you or BREAK you!

Sep 27, 2020 - District Leader in Lafayette, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

When you have GOOD leadership this is the best opportunity in the world. Access to study material for all licenses online! (Life License, SIE, Series 6/63, etc) I’m manager at a Billion Dollar Company making over “$60,000” in salary, and recently I’ve made MORE biweekly with Primerica PART-TIME. The results you get as an agent are a direct reflection of YOUR work ethic, mind set, maturity, Coach ability, and attitude! If this business doesn’t work for you it’s because you refused to tap out of the “Corporate America mentality “ where you get paid to BE there but not to DO productive work. People say this business is a “Pyramid Scheme” in my opinion 9-5 jobs ARE PYRAMID SCHEMES! At a 9-5 the manager will never make more than the owner, and you’re pod by your position, not your work ethic. Primerica at LEAST gives you a shot to learn the business and eventually work your way up to ownership (Regional Vice President)

Cons

I emphasized GOOD leadership. Be mindful of the agents with piss-poor leadership skills or who lack ethics. I’ve ran across tons of people in this business who recruit to make money off of you and dump you, instead of with the intent to train and develop you. The few bad apples are why there are so many bad reviews, and high turnover out there. Trainings are ALWAYS at a bad time. This business is geared towards part-time people transitioning into full-time. They have trainings in the middle of the day when most people are at work. Accepting agents with ill intentions for clients and other agents makes a GOOD agents job harder.

8 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Opportunity

May 25, 2021 - Division Manager in Southfield, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

They care about you! Great Pay for helping people reach financial independence. Awards and Recognition, trips, incentives, bonuses, support, conventions all tailored to help you be great.

Cons

You have to grow as a person and your trainer helps you build your own prospect list.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place

Jun 3, 2021 - Team Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work for

Cons

None that I can think of

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Its job for those that have no experience.

May 5, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you do your work nobody really bothers you If you are willing to move to GA there are other departments you might be able to transfer to. pretty good benefits, Heath, Dental, Vision, PTO When they nearly have a fully staffed department it might not be a terrible job when you actually have help with call volume. (only once in a 2 year span)

Cons

Do a lot, get paid little. Extremely high turn over rate: Train people for 2 months and majority of the time they just quit once they are put on calls on their own. High stress job unless you enjoy getting yelled at by the people calling in. Company as a whole is very poorly organized and trained ( A lot of wrong transfers from internal departments. )

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Bad leadership

May 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are great and free parking. The company does a great job on diversity depending on the leadership of the division.

Cons

Poor leadership and communication. Unable to keep fellow co-workers due to bad situations and thus the rest of the team being overwhelmed with work,

3 people found this review helpful