Primerica Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Glen Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent training, unlimited income potential (in 50 reviews)

• Started part-time as a teacher / coach (in 57 reviews)

Cons
  • Primerica is too much of a multi-level marketing business (in 20 reviews)

• It can become more difficult when these friends and family members don't give you the support you need (in 18 reviews)

"Part time agent"

Current Employee - Division Leader in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Division Leader in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Primerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The sky is the limit here. I have only been here 8 months and I have learned so much. How I saw it, is that even if you don't stay here you have the opportunity to get financial and success training. I have learned so much about my finances and about entrepreneurship in general. It has been an amazing experience so far, it HAS NOT been easy, but success isn't easy. I plan on becoming a Regional Vice President in the company and going full time.

Cons

It's not easy, takes hard work to see bigger income potentials, with that being said with the hard being done you will see amazing income potential.

"DL"

Current Employee - Part Timer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Part Timer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You work at your own pace,
    They pay for your licenses
    You learn about personal finances
    You get to build your business inside a business

Cons

Nothing as far I see

Advice to Management

Keep up amazing job
    Thank you!

3. "Good experience"

Current Employee - Investment Advisor Representative in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Investment Advisor Representative in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The most unique part about PFS is they strive to be different by not having high pressure sales quotas. Getting involved, you get the opportunity to build your own financial advising practice at your own pace. The company's primary focus is on the middle class market because they believe that they are underserved. Coming from the finance industry, I can say they have a solid support system (especially compliance department) and access to a wide variety of different financial products. That being said you really have to pick up your own sword here to be successful. But that goes for any business. Great business opportunity for those want to build a their own practice. Also, you get the chance to build a team and override production if you chose so.

Cons

Not all offices are created equal. Because each office is independently owned, you might run across offices that are just not good at the business. Make sure you are associated with high QBI office/team

"Working Full Time for 1 Year Plus"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, very supportive Home Office, industry high compensation, great bonus structure, ability to advance, paid for state and federal licensing

Cons

If you aren’t a part of a good team or organization it may be hard but there are enough resources to succeed, anyone could do this business

5. "Not a scam."

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Primerica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I make good money working with Primerica. I not only have people working under me, but I also help people financially where no other company can.

Cons

I could sit you down and tell you that you can make a million dollars in your first year. That would be amazing! I disregarded that and asked what the average rep makes. They average 40k a year without anyone under them. Selling just the best that they can. It takes work. People who worked for the company that are trashing it didn't put in the work. In am in my first year and making good money. My first few months were a lot of 12 to 14 hour days to get where I am. I am opening an office soon in Muncie, Indiana. At any job you work, you have to put in "work" to get paid. Your boss wouldn't call you and tell you to take the next day off with and pay you for the time you weren't there. We need more of 2 things in life. Time and money. If I told you that I would pay you 200k per year and said you have to work 90 hours a week and never see your family or friends, would you take that? NO! What if I told you that you could have all the time in the world and I would pay you nothing. I'm turning down that job. If you work for burger king and you are at the bottom making minimum wage, how much is your manager making? How much is the GM making? Every time you sell a burger, the guy at the top makes money and you get the scraps. I worked for Navient making good money. I averaged 27k on my salary and 1600 a month in bonuses. The guys up top were making millions and didn't care a thing about me. Our problem is that we recruit people who show promise and don't want to put in the work. They want to be at the top right away. I wouldn't be where I am today if I didn't put in a lot of time and effort. My first few months were hard. A lot of people are told to never spend money for a job, the job pays you. I don't know about you, but when I worked at McDonald's, I had to buy my shoes and pants. That cost me more than it did to get my insurance and investors license with Primerica. Even at Navient I had to pay for new dress shirts and 5 dollars a month to wear jeans. In the long run, you will ALWAYS have to spend money to make money. If you don't make money with Primerica, you get a full financial class and are licensed to work for the companies that are screwing people. Primerica is number 1 in the nation at what they do without over charging customers in order to advertise. If I sell you a good, honest product, you're going to tell people about that. We make a difference by educating our team and families about the financial "game". If you're looking to own a business and have financial freedom yourself, find your local Primerica rep and ask thethem how. Our values are God, which ever one you believe in, family, job. It doesn't get any better than that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. What we do matters to a whole lot of people who aren't taught finances.

"District Leader"

Current Employee - District Leader in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - District Leader in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Anyone who works for this company can be confident due to its superior financial strength and prioritizing God, family and business. It is a company that does what is right for people and all my mentors win any agent confrontation 100% of the time. The trainings that they give are superior and you're always surrounded with very positive team .

Cons

none at all, if everybody follows the blueprint, you cant go wrong with this company

"You Gotta Work!"

I have been working at Primerica part-time

Pros

There is no “ceiling” with Primerica. YOU dictate your income. Self-promote by hard work and perseverance.

Cons

There are some “bad apples” that leave bad impressions for people. But those are PEOPLE, not the company.
    You DO have to work hard to make it with Primerica. It’s not like other “jobs” where you show up and get handed a paycheck as long as you can fog a mirror.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Life Changing"

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked with Primerica over 10 years. Started part-time as a teacher / coach. so did not have to give up my job to try something I was not at all confident I could do. Earned great part-time income the first year. moved to full time 12 months later. My wife chose to be a stay-at-home mom, where we raised 4 great kids on my income. Owning the business today gives me both the time and the residual income to enjoy life.

Cons

No free Lunch. It's work. You must pass licensing exams for both state and federal licenses that are paid for by Primerica, but you must study to pass exams that will give you a shot at a great career. If you can't deal with some rejection you may want to stay where you are.

9. "Achieved for promotions and 5 licenses in 3 months"

Current Employee - Regional Leader in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Regional Leader in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Primerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company can be life changing for anyone who wants to work hard. I started Sept 1, 2017. The first month I studied for my life license exam. I thought I would have a 5 year plan to transition away from my current career in healthcare. But long nights and being on call had me wanting to expedite my journey along the path. I decided to take the next 3 months to prove to myself that Primerica could work for me. With some extremely hard effort, a lot of belief in myself, some personal development, and the mentorship of my business colleagues, I was able to advance four levels in that span of time (3 promotions in a single month). This increased my commission by 200% and made this a very viable business. I was not skeptical coming in, perhaps because I had previously working in the industry so I knew that they products and services were highly competitive. But I did have many moments of self-doubt. Once I hit the promotion I wanted, I next turned back to seeing how many licenses I could accomplish in a short period of time. It is rare to work this fast, but I was very motivated. I obtained my series 6, 63, 26, and 65 in less 6 weeks time, which left me well on my way to being able to help a ton of families.

But how I did it is just one way, and this business has loads of parttimers who just work a little on the side. You can reasonably make at least an extra $500/mo doing this, and depending on how you network, parttime you can also easily reach $1000 extra a month. The average person makes around $6000/year, but the fulltime population has the potential for loads and loads more. Particularly if securities licensed. Its all what you make of it.

You will have training at your fingertips, and a phenomenal business system for your daily utilization. Plus backhouse support galore. This business is a fresh start for many, with no risk to your current profession and without massive capital investment like most business have.

Cons

This business is for people who have grit to persevere. The beginning year is the hardest part. If you work hard and get through that year, you'll probably be with us for good. The key thing to remember: this isn't a job. No one is going to drag you out of bed and insist you get to work. Mentors are there and are abundant, but you are your own driving force, so only you can grow your business here. If you do nothing, you will make nothing. If you refuse to believe you can, then you won't. Stick close to business mentors both in and out of the business.

Advice to Management

Offices culture will vary, so look around if your local office doesn't have mentors that appeal to you. I happened upon an amazing office here in NH and I have zero regrets.

10. "Agent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I worked at Primerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, high incentives and compensation.

Cons

Not salary or hourly, based on personal work.