Primerica Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 18, 2019

4.1
Glen Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Excellent training, unlimited income potential" (in 52 reviews)

• "Started part-time as a teacher / coach" (in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • "It can become more difficult when these friends and family members don't give you the support you need" (in 22 reviews)

• "Primerica is too much of a multi-level marketing business" (in 20 reviews)

1. "Great business opportunity"

Current Employee - RVP in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - RVP in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with the company 15 years, 11 years full time. I am not wealthy.. But I am FREE. I make between $50k-$100k year but I live my life on my own terms. The reason I'm NOT over six figures is 100% because of me .

I'm so glad I didn't listen to the negative people who has no clue what they are talking about. Google "what company has the most six figure and seven figure income earners?".

Cons

Really no cons. If you can handle rejection you won't have any problems.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Literally the best opportunity to grow a business in America today"

Current Employee - District Leader
    Current Employee - District Leader

I have been working at Primerica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

How anyone can call this company that does SO much good for people a scam is beyond me. I've seen clients brought to tears when we were able to double and triple their retirement income. I've seen reps brought to tears when promoted to RVP based on their RESULTS they brought to the company. I've seen people with almost nothing grow multi-million dollar businesses. I began part time and was able to quit my full-time job as a sales rep for Verizon because I made more money in Primerica PART TIME than I did FULL TIME at my "normal" job. This is a legitimate and remarkable opportunity to grow a business or earn some extra money part-time, whichever you want to make of it. Those who fail don't believe in themselves, are closed minded and have an employee mindset, not a self-employed or business owner mindset and will never succeed in financial freedom because of that. Funny that when I show Primerica to other business owners they LOVE it because they understand BUSINESS. Primerica checks all the boxes of a great business opportunity: virtually no startup cost, over 4300 offices and a corporate headquarters for support, ability to grow and develop a team WITHOUT taking away from their pay, fulfilling a TREMENDOUS need in helping people get out of debt, become properly protected and financially independent, massive credibility with the BBB, Forbes, NYSE, Dalbar, you name it, proven track record of 40+ years, ability to ALWAYS do the right thing for the client without having to be a shady salesman, an incredibly positive environment, having a MENTOR RVP who has done it themselves, high ticket sales, no cap on your growth and income opportunity, FREEDOM to live and work when and how you want, ability to OWN your business outright and pass it on to your family, ability to LEVERAGE your time and efforts through production of others and receive PASSIVE INCOME through bonuses/overrides, etc etc etc.

Cons

There are so many people out there who don't understand how to think like a business owner instead of an employee and it can be frustrating when people can't distinguish between a wonderful and legitimate opportunity and a scam/scheme.

Some people who don't believe in themselves so they quit on you.

People who are lazy/unmotivated and post reviews that aren't the truth about the company, making my job harder.

Society has brainwashed people into thinking that the only way to be successful is to get a J.O.B. but you get to help them overcome that

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and don't ever lose our core value of always doing the right thing! Software/system navigation could definitely be simplified (more like the life 2.0 app)

3. "Regional Leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best place to learn how to be an entrepreneur, leader, professional business person, and learn sales, marketing, personal finance, investment, and insurance.

Cons

This business will test your will and desire. If you're lazy and cannot commit to having a better life for you and your family, it isn't for you.

"Legitimate, awesome company!"

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Trustworthy, does the right thing by families, protects families from insurance scams by other companies. Took the best of several business models to offer the best business opportunity there is out there. No overhead or products to keep in stock. Not a scam or a pyramid. Competitors have no incentive for you to believe it's a legitimate company. It isn't in their bottom line interest.

Cons

It is a lot of hard work. If you aren't willing to stick with it, actually get licensed, and work, then you'll be on here griping about it not being a good company.
    Primerica doesn't spend billions to advertise like the other guys do. Therefore, people get on google and believe every negative thing they read, even though they don't know who's writing the reviews. Do legitimate background reviews if you're interested in working with us. Forbes, Dalbar awards, NYSE, etc.

Advice to Management

Be honest with potential recruits about how much work is involved. If they are legitimately wanting to change their lives, they'll get it and change their lives. If not, they'll be out the door as soon as one person tells them no.

"Rep"

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good to learn and get your beak wet but a total scam and not worth.

Cons

Promise you high pay, dream job but it’s all a sham. Sales, annoying people, little pay. Only the top do well

6. "Good"

I worked at Primerica part-time

Pros

Friendly environment, own schedule, good

Cons

Pyramid scheme, multi level, bad

"Best Company In The World!"

Current Employee - Senior Regional Manager in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Regional Manager in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ownership of my business + freedom of time to craft my own schedule + being my own boss = the best career you could ask for!

Cons

Simple: I wish I found out about this company sooner!

8. "Classic Pyramid Scheme, Please do not fall for this!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Primerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's a slight possibility that you can end up making a decent amount of money, but at the expense of others.

Cons

- CLASSIC pyramid scheme, just go to one meeting and the speakers will prove every aspect of the pyramid scheme.

- YOU have to pay to work for them. They will ask for a $99 one time fee, and a $25 membership fee to use their Primerica Online tools. Additionally, there is a state test for the Life Insurance Agent/Broker License which is $40.

- They NEVER mention the fees until you are convinced and sit down to "get hired".

- You are NOT an employee of Primerica, meaning you get absolutely NO pay other than commission.

- The second you sign up, they make you fill out a "Top 25 List" of people you want to recruit as well as people you can sell policies to, including their phone numbers, and whether they are married or have kids or not.

- They push you to fill this list out, telling you to follow a script in what you should say to them. They do not want you to mention any fees. They don't even want you to mention what they sell and their numbers or rates. What kind of company doesn't want to present itself? They want you to suck these people into the office so they can con them of $124.

- They DEMAND this list from you, and make copies of it, asking you to bring these people into the office to recruit before you even get licensed or have learned ANYTHING

- You need absolutely NO experience to work here, you could pick up bums off the street, as long as they have $124 to spare. This is a RED FLAG regarding Pyramid Schemes.

- They constantly mention the numbers of the top players. They never mention the average a regular sales rep makes. This is to incentivize you without actually making any promises.

- Most importantly, THE ONLY WAY TO MOVE UP IN THIS COMPANY IS THROUGH RECRUITMENT. You could make appointments left and right and close policies making the company tons of money, however, you only move up to a District Level once you have recruited 3 people who have recruited 1 person each. The more people you recruit, the higher up you get, the more percentage of commission you make.

- Most people recruit close friends and family members and end up destroying their personal relationships over it. This only ends up making money for the Top players in the end. If you have a passion for Life, Home, or Auto insurance, then get licensed and go work for AllState, Geico, or Progressive where you receive commission PLUS a salary and a real employment contract.

Advice to Management

You should be ashamed of yourselves. You con mostly poor minorities under the guise of being financially independent but then con them of $124 and tell them to bring others to scam. I would never recruit anyone to this Pyramid Scheme. Scamerica.

"Most 5 star reviews are fake/paid for. Pyramid scheme. Stay away!!"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Austin, TX

I worked at Primerica part-time

Pros

None. This is a pyramid scheme. Ignore the generic 5 star positive reviews they are fake

Cons

None. Scroll down and find real reviews like this one. This company is a pyramid scheme disguised as life insurance. But that is a by product the real business is to recruit people. They will try to get you to sell their terrible insurance to your friends and family and have you pay a $100 fee to take become a “licensed insurance agent”

This company is a total joke I hope they get shut down by the BBB

Advice to Management

None

"Company overview"

I worked at Primerica part-time

Pros

You get licensed and make friends

Cons

It’s purely Commission and sometimes you have to make cold calls