Public Storage Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 270 of over 270 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy
Talk anonymously with Consulting India professionals

Public Storage

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage in Sep 2021

Interview

Such a strange process and a terrible first (and last) impression. I applied for the position online. My application was listed as "under review" for about 10 days. Then I received an email from HR stating they had reviewed my application and were trying to reach me. Great! Except it went on to say that since they were unable to reach me, they were closing my application. Which was odd since this email was the first I'd heard from the company, they had my correct phone number (and obviously a good email address), yet no one from the company had ever actually called. Fortunately (or so I thought) the close of the message included an email address to an actual person with instructions to let them know if I was still interested in the position. Smart! I followed up with an email right away, apologizing for any difficulty getting in touch. (I did that out of common courtesy which, as you will see, is a foreign concept to them.) After confirming my interest, I included both my cell phone number and email address again, just to be on the safe side. Another week passes, no response. I followed up again because at this point it seems very strange to me that they expressed interest in scheduling an interview for the position but then didn't respond. No email, no call, no nothing. I'm also now certain this isn't a match for me, but I wanted to see what would happen. So I waited another week and followed up again. Surprise, no response! It's not all bad news, though, as I eventually did hear from the company. Twice, in fact. The first was an exciting automated email from a do not reply address saying I was not being considered for the position. The second was an email notifying me that they were recruiting for a District Manager in the very market I had applied for in the first place. Can't make this stuff up! Advice to HR? Work on communication issues, especially with top candidates. A five second email out of common courtesy would have gone a long way. Also? There is probably a reason why you are constantly having to recruit for multi-unit managers. Perhaps by addressing the internal recruiting process which clearly has some significant opportunity areas, you might be able to on-board the very people who can help resolve embarrassing situations such as this one. Just a thought, what do I know? Anyway, good luck finding the right candidate. Overall I feel like I've dodged a bullet, I'm sorry to say.

Interview Questions
  • Was I interested in the position?
    Answer Question

Public Storage

Application

I interviewed at Public Storage

Interview

Easy and quick ask you what are 2 negative things you would say about yourself as an employee and 2 positive things, why should they hire you...they'll ask you how past experience is relevant to what you'll be doing there...etc

Interview Questions
  • Why should public storage hire you as an employee and what do you think are 3 of your strongest qualities?

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Public Storage (Atlanta, GA) in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview was great. I had to do a mock sale call with a script, that they provided me with a day before the interview. They asked questions about my past sales history and would I be comfortable working a busy schedule with mandatory overtime.

Interview Questions
  • Are you comfortable working mandatory overtime?

Public Storage

Application

I interviewed at Public Storage

Interview

Had 3 layers of interview with HR, IT manager and the VP of IT. Different topics from technical to soft skills were covered. A relaxed interview and great team. The team was clear on what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage (Los Angeles, CA) in Feb 2021

Interview

Scheduled phone interview. My interviewer was very professional and I finished the interview feeling like I knew more about the company. She was upfront about the salary and job expectations.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Matthews, NC)

Interview

Had a time scheduled with a senior district manager for a phone screen. A completely different person called, citing that the other DM was busy in the market. The first question I was asked was about salary. I was told that the position paid $73k per year, plus 12k annual bonus, and am I willing to work for that because it is non-negotiable. I was immediately turned off by this organization. The questions were pretty standard, list strengths, weaknesses, how many employees did I oversee in my previous role, etc. the interviewer’s answers to my questions however were huge red flags. I asked her to describe for me in her words the company culture. Her answer had very little to do with company goals, vision, attitudes, etc.....she basically she told me that their SVP once had the same role I was applying for. I asked her about the career path for their property managers to become DMs, and I was literally told that they do not provide their on site managers with the skills to move into a DM role. I must have asked too many difficult questions. I was not moved forward in the recruiting process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Public Storage

Application

I interviewed at Public Storage

Interview

easy , fast , very informant from what is to be expected and where to be working at different locations. manager really hears you out and ask if anything is needed to be worked for your schedule before hire

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage (New York, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

Not professional at all. Lady called me to schedule interview, sent me invite for a 4:30am interview. I reply back to confirm and she does. No big deal, just thought it was a strange time. Wake up, wait for the call... Never get it. Sent email to follow up and she tells me.. Sorry it was at 4:30pm like I figures it was before I sent her the email to confirm the time. The RGM calls me wit a DM on the line, very nice lady. The entire interview I felt she was trying to thought me out of wanting the position. (Are you sure you are wanting to commit?) (The pay is only this much.) Asking for to relocate for an extra 10 minutes of a drive..??? I am well qualified for the job and would have done a amazing job. Felt more like they are wanting to hire someone with less knowledge and experience that them. Not a good thing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Public Storage

Application

I interviewed at Public Storage

Interview

I went to one of the properties to meet with the district manager and we went into the break room and conducted the interview. It took about 10-15 minutes total and he called me a couple hours later saying i got the job.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do about an upset customer

Public Storage

Application

I interviewed at Public Storage

Interview

Great , easy and nice I believe they were great and I wish others interviewed like them. Because they made it so natural and so comfortable , I did not feel nervous at all

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 270 Interviews