Public Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Public Storage Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Public Storage (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Interview was awesome ! More like a conversation they follow a script and asked you questions based on what the script says. For me the interview was fun. I kind of knew I was going to be hired. Had an interview over the phone with the district manager and he was awesome then the next day I came in for an in person interview that lasted about an hour. The next day I met with the regional and she was also awesome ! Very friendly and personable. Made me an offer the next day. After signing the offer paperwork you must consent to an employer and criminal background check, once everything comes back clean they ask you when you can start :) ( THEY DO A THOROUGH BACKGROUND CHECK ON YOUR PAST EMPLOYERS SO BE HONEST )

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

Good solid review of my resume; very responsive and the process seemed to move quickly. Phone screens and in person meetings were good. Recruiting team always responded in a timely manner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone screen then In person. 2 weeks total. Asked me LOTS of questions on position I held over 14 years ago in both phone screen and in person. Was excited for in person interview. Left confused. Was there for 2 hours. Hour and half was questions on position held over 14 years ago. Very, very few questions on my most recent roles.

Interview Questions

• Odd interview. How would I rate emoyees I had and why on a position I held over 14 years ago. Very few questions on current role. Odd interview. Told me I would get an email or call. Never heard anything.   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

Hours after submitting an application I was contacted via email to set up a "phone screening." The screening felt almost like an interrogation which lasted over a hour and a half with some questions that seemed irrelevant.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

First, it was a phone interview. Then I was scheduled to do a face to face interview. After seeing the supervisor, I was told do to wait for the manager’s call. It took 10 calendar days as the manager was out of town. Received the call today and I was told to wait for the job offer! Went there the same signed it! Background check is the last steps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Started with a phone interview and quickly moved into an in person interview panel. Asked deep questions about High school and a job I held 13+ yrs ago! I am 45.......never asked about many current role and company, which I have been with for over 10 yrs. Weird questions, for example, exact names of direct reports, spelling them out, ranking people, etc. Continually focused on the negative. And how many people you have terminated in your job.

Interview Questions

• Rank your team A, B and C. (a team you worked with over 10 yrs ago. Not a current one )   Answer Question

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Interview

1+ hour phone interview. Quickly moved on to the 2nd interview, face to face with 2 interviewers, one asking questions and the other recording everything you say. Going all the way back to high school. Be prepared to rank all direct reports, and discuss all strengths and opportunities. This interview took 3.5 hours. I am a very successful, top performing recruiter and sales trainer; ranked #1 in the company that I currently work for and public storage seems to only want to converse about the negative and the opportunities. Passed that interview and moved on to a side by side with a current DM, on the job site. Reviewed all metrics and reporting & what the position looks like day in and day out from an accountability piece. Then I interview with a regional Vice President, for about an hour. He referenced all of my answers from the 2nd interview, but only digging in to opportunities and not much about my successes. We also discussed the DISC leadership assessment test that you take earlier on. I'm a strong D and an independent thinker and that's not what they are looking for. Received a call back with a voicemail and then received a rejection email. Overall, it's a strenuous interview process that lead to failure. They set you up, to shut you down. Focusing on the negative and opportunities from earlier on in your career. Not focused on how you have grown from you opportunities to where you are now.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Charlotte, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

First scheduled a phone interview.
    Then after the phone interview we scheduled a face to face interview.

He was very nice and I didn't feel rushed at all. He let me ask millions of questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about all past jobs
      - (2 Highs and 2 lows)
      - (What i would do differently)
      -(what I loved and didn't love)
      Then we went into high school.
      -(2 highs and 2 lows)
      -(what I'd do differently)
      - (what I loved and didn't love)
      The we talked about the job in question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewer scheduled the phone interview for a Saturday morning. When she called I could hear what sounded as if she was doing dishes and cleaning her kitchen. The background noise was very distracting. When asked what part of the city the position would be located, was told there was no position open, they were hiring one position for bench strength. Less than 48 hours later I received a form email stating I had not been selected to move further in the process.

District Manager Interview

Interview

I filled out application no response. Then applied again , got phone call to schedule for later in the week . Phone interview lasted 15 min felt rushed and mind was made up before the interview started, they are looking for bench not actual position, when asked so how soon do you plan to fill the position, she stated immediately but the position has been posted for at least 3 months so don't know what they are looking for . I have more than 20 years in customer service and sales!

Interview Questions

• how would your current or former boss rate you 1 being lowest 10 being highest........I stated 8 no one is perfect and there is always room for improvement!   Answer Question