Public Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Public Storage Interview Questions

Interviews at Public Storage

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Initial interview was a more a phone screen to access compatibility and general information. Asked about current position, job responsibilities, time commitment, etc. 2nd interview was in person(video) done with a current Distrct manager and their boss. More indepth and going over initial responses from the phone screen. Scripted and took about an hour - hour and half. After this you will progress to a ride along with a district manager to see daily responsibilities and some of the projects, (lock cuts, site evaluation) more informal and learning the position. After this there is an interview with the DVP and then with the COO. Normally flown out to texas or California but was done as a video interview because of current Covid-19 issues. More indepth, asking more about management style, and evaluating the DISC assessment that is taken.

Interview Questions

• What quality would your former boss/supervisor say is your biggest strength? your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2020.

Interview

Very staid with generic questions regarding past experience and where I see myself in the future. There was no personality in the questions or in the interviewer. Overall, it was not a good interview and I walked away feeling as though I did not get a chance to put my best foot forward.

Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Pompano Beach, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

Went through a phone and a 1 on 1 interview. It went very well. You can easily be yourself because it is a pretty laid back job. I would recommend this for someone that is starting off with needing a job

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have that will match this job title?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Public Storage (Atlanta, GA) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online and contacted the next day by email. Setup a phone interview where I talked to a senior regional vice president. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Public Storage (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

Process took almost 2 months from application to hire date. Starts with a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in person interview with the hiring manager and at least one other person, in some cases the RVP; be prepared as this particular part of the interview can run 2-3 hours. Once that is complete there will be a ride along with a current District Manager who will provide their feedback to the hiring manager. If all goes well with that the final step is to either go to California or Texas for a final interview.

Interview Questions

• For all experience on your resume:
      3 strengths
      3 opportunities
      They will deep dive some of the responses   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Public Storage (Columbus, OH) in July 2019.

Interview

Pretty standard questions, seemed like they want a can-do people pleaser kind of personality. There was a phone screening first and then background check and a one on one and then final approval given after doing another phone interview with her boss to OK it

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Glendale, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

quick interview mainly behavioral questions. Interviewer seemed distracrted over the phone and did not allow enough time to have a dialogoue. It was more about getting their questions in.

Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Public Storage (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Very easy process pretty typical questions regarding scenarios you've been put in and what you did to resolve them. Strengths and weaknesses seems to be focused on. They asked quite a few details about your previous jobs and seem to especially care why you are no longer there.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had an upset customer and what you did to resolve the problem and then describe the outcome   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Public Storage (Dallas, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Wouldn't class it as an interview, wasn't challenging. Setting seemed unorganized, nothing that jumped out to keep this at the front of my mind. Negative in the point of the interviewer not engaging very much at all.

Interview Questions

• Relax this is just a chat. Tell me about your time with your current employer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone interview was the first screening. Most of it was informational and finding out about my background to see if it was a good fit. Most DMs come from highly Customer Service focused jobs.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your weakness as a professional?

How did you deal with a difficult customer?

How did you fire an underperforming staff member?   Answer Question