Ralph Lauren Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2018

2.5

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY).

Interview

A lot of back and forth and then a day wasted on repetitive interviews. Every single person that interviewed me was Caucasian, out of 8 people. They focused on being a heritage brand and couldn’t answer any questions about diversity or inclusion. In a panel of 8 interviewers including HR and recruitment, not one person was a minority and I think it was indicative of Ralph Lauren’s failing reputation as a ‘heritage brand’. I personally think they interviewed me to meet a diversity quota but it was evident from the excessive technical questions for an entry level position that they were just interviewing as a formality and completely wasted my time. After following up with the multiple times, they posted the same vacancies on their job board a week ago. Avoid this place, particularly if you’re a minority or a person of color. It was clear that they had no interest in hiring non-Caucasian staff and if interviewing, only did so as a formality to adhere to diversity screening guidelines. The interviewers were late, unapologetic and it was clear they did not intend to hire me. Avoid this sinking ship - their sales and reputation has been tarnished and declined in the last ten years, imagine working in an office where you know a brand is heading towards bankruptcy and will be gone like Liz Claiborne or Perry Ellis. Poor recruitment structure, disrespectful interview experience and failure to understand diversity or current hiring methods.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions for SQL that were involved for an entry level role.   Answer Question

Distribution Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process has been incredibly lengthy, I have completed 4 interviews with a variety of different people on the team and it has now been 4 weeks and I still have not heard back.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with two employees one after another, It was very conversational, typical interview, they both asked experience then questions about why you want to work there, and why merchandising, then they discussed the role in itself and what your responsibilities would be.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren.

Interview

Online pre-recorded interview through HireVue. I was asked about 6 questions and I had 30 seconds to prepare for each. There were also some practice questions beforehand. Mostly behavioral questions and basic interview questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren in December 2017.

Interview

1st round was a hirevue recorded interview of 6 basic behavioral questions. Pretty straight forward questions, but really understand why Ralph Lauren and why retail.
    Still waiting to hear back for 2nd round.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren.

Interview

I interviewed the first round via Hirevue online. The interview process was relatively easy, straightforward and flexible allowing you to complete the interview on your own schedule. I haven't heard back yet in regards to whether I made it to round 2.

Intern Interview

Interview

Wasn't too difficult..was through a hirevue. The questions were preset so you had 1 minute to prepare for them and then 1 minute to say your response. There was 5 questions asked

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren.

Interview

I was in contact with the HR Rep. for the NYC office and had a Skype interview that lasted about 30 minutes. They asked me general questions about why I chose PR, made sure I knew about the company and asked me about my professional goals.

Interview Questions

• Express your greatest concerns about the PR field as an industry   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren.

Interview

Very much like retail. They want to know how many years of experience you have in customer service. How would you achieve your sales goals. How would you engage with your clients? How would you go on about upselling other products?

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blowing Rock, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ralph Lauren (Blowing Rock, NC).

Interview

One of most my fun retail sales jobs. For people wanting to get a start to working in sales this is a great place to do it. There's no better experience than being thrown in the sea and told to swim. Not a very difficult product to sell anyway. I think more than anything the hiring manager looks for charisma and passion than previous experience since this was my first job in sales.