Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2018

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the website, passed a lot of different questions about my behavior in particular situations. I got a call a week later from assistant manager of the restaurant who offered me to come for an interview. I was surprised because i haven't had experience in that area. The interview took about 45 minutes, I was doing STAR method questions and everything went well. Also I've talked to the main barista, who was exceptionally lovely lady. I got the call back at the same day asking to come to the second interview with the general manager. Haven't had one yet, but really looking forward to it. Hoping to get the job

SPA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

About 15-20 Behavioral type interview questions, they gave a brief tour & description of the spa . Easy interview but was told they have many applicants to interview. Explained how much the hourly pay was.

Interview Questions

• What have you accomplished in your life that you're most proud of?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Platte, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (North Platte, NE) in September 2017.

Interview

After the lengthy application process and behavioral and personality tests, I got the call from HR. I interviewed with the hiring manager and the questions were very much behavioral based, like the STAR method. Definitely recommend as preparation as possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult guest?   2 Answers
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a guest?   Answer Question

General Accountant/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

I was interview by two of the accounting/finance employees. Process was pretty basic starts out with online application, then a basic phone screen, and an interview. Most questions are behavior based.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Ritz Carlton?   1 Answer

HR Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

Over the phone interview. Current employer at another location. Didn't even bother to respond back with a no thank you email after the interview. That is tacky and not becoming of the reputation the Ritz claims to want to embody.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current location?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

it was typical interview questions, it was easy. you will also meet with the general manager who was a bit timidating. i enjoyed meeting with the people i met with. very easy to get along with i wasn't nervous.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Naples, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Star method type of interview Smile, show you genuinely want to be apart of the company and want to grow. Had three interview, phone, two with the managers and one with the hotel manager. I️t is. A long process and training is about 5 -6 weeks long .

Front of House Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Filled out online application and questionnaire. Received a call to come in for an interview a few weeks later. In-person interview that lasted a half hour. Overall simple and quick.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Laguna Niguel, CA).

Interview

The interview process took 3 weeks. I applied online at the Ritz-Carlton careers website. One week later I was contacted by the Chef Concierge and scheduled for an in-person interview. The asked me basic STAR questions, as well as details about my resume. 2nd Interview was with the Front Office Manager. It was a more informal interview to get to know me and ask details about my experience and resume. No structured interview this time. My 3rd and final interview was with the Director of Rooms. I was asked get-to-know-you interviews as well as general knowledge about the company and the property. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had with a guest and how you dealt with it? Why steps did you take and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you had to work as a team. What was your role? What steps did you take? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I interviewed with at least 6 people which seemed like a lot but it was worth meeting everyone and understanding what their roles were at the company. There is also a skills based test that is done on the computer.