Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

Front of House Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Filled out online application and questionnaire. Received a call to come in for an interview a few weeks later. In-person interview that lasted a half hour. Overall simple and quick.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Laguna Niguel, CA).

Interview

The interview process took 3 weeks. I applied online at the Ritz-Carlton careers website. One week later I was contacted by the Chef Concierge and scheduled for an in-person interview. The asked me basic STAR questions, as well as details about my resume. 2nd Interview was with the Front Office Manager. It was a more informal interview to get to know me and ask details about my experience and resume. No structured interview this time. My 3rd and final interview was with the Director of Rooms. I was asked get-to-know-you interviews as well as general knowledge about the company and the property. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had with a guest and how you dealt with it? Why steps did you take and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you had to work as a team. What was your role? What steps did you take? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I interviewed with at least 6 people which seemed like a lot but it was worth meeting everyone and understanding what their roles were at the company. There is also a skills based test that is done on the computer.

Guest Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waikïkï, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Waikïkï, HI) in April 2017.

Interview

Very rushed interview. Seemed like the manager's mind was made up when we started. Questions were scripted STAR style questions. I was then asked if I wanted to ask any questions. After giving answers to about a total of 4 questions and asking my own questions, no follow up was done with me. I also sent a follow-up thank email. However, not a down to earth manager and almost no interest in my background. If this was the case, I should have not been scheduled an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a co-worker you had nothing in common with.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a moment that you went the extra mile for a guest.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had an upset guest.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

Met with Front Desk Manager, Rooms Executive, and General Manager each individually. They each had a round of situational questions, with some personality questions as well. Everyone was friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you found it difficult to work with someone and how did you overcome your differences.   1 Answer

Bar Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted online application along with my resume and a cover letter. Completed the online assessment of scenarios relating to the job. Soon, received a call for an interview, and it went seemingly well, or so I thought, but two days later I received an email thanking me for my time although they would not be pursuing my candidacy further.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when it seemed you did not have enough time to get the job done, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

HOUSEMAN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. A few days later I had an interview with the Director of Housekeeping. Then I had one more interview on the phone a month later, then I was offered the job another week later and attended orientation on the third month. Everyone was very friendly but the process took some time.

Interview Questions

• Different scenarios which you would respond with the STAR format. Situation Task Action Response   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Key Biscayne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Key Biscayne, FL).

Interview

"Loss Prevention Chief" made contact via phone regarding the application submission and wanted to set up a meeting. Upon returning their call to set up the interview, the time/date was set, and it was clearly stated: "Is there anything else I should know?" The interviewer answered "No". About an hour later, I received a text message regarding the position. It became apparent some very important details had been left out of the job posting: it was an overnight position and it paid $15.40/hr.

This was the offer despite a B.S. in Criminal Justice and solid, combined work experience (security and loss prevention).

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

I submitted an application online for a different position. I received a call a couple weeks later by the Assistant Front Office manager saying they were in the final stages of onboarding a candidate for the position I applied for but if I would like to come in for an interview for a font desk position. I agreed and had an interview the following week. Interview was with the front office assistant manager and front office supervisor. We went into one of the rooms for about 20 min and I was asked about 7 questions.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you had to deal with a difficult situation. What happened, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview went by very fast and it was pretty easy. The interviewer was very nice and asked me about 6 questions in total. The main questions were About handling a situation and experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you thought of a good gesture before a guest?   Answer Question