Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2018

Pastry Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was easy because I was determined and confident to get the job. This is a interview where you might want to do your research first before even applying. They are very strict and intimidating

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve an issue between you and your co workers?   Answer Question

Pastry Cook Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

I sent HR my resume, who then sent it to the Pastry Chef. He contacted me about setting up an interview. The interview consisted of a variety of behavioral questions, along with a couple questions about my background and interests. After my interview with the Pastry Chef, I was contacted again to speak with the HR Manager and the General Manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic, just make sure you have a couple scenarios in your mind prior to the interview. For example: a time you had to work within a group, a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

SPA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

About 15-20 Behavioral type interview questions, they gave a brief tour & description of the spa . Easy interview but was told they have many applicants to interview. Explained how much the hourly pay was.

Interview Questions

• What have you accomplished in your life that you're most proud of?   Answer Question

SPA Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Orlando, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

Recieved call after applying, 5 interview questions asked, after I answered them interviewer stated will pass information to hiring manager, recieved call several days later requesting face to face interview. Met with the spa manager, during interview she seemed very disinterested in anything I had to say. I do interview well, but was shocked at the dumb questions such as What makes you happy and why? Wow! get ready for that one. I would stay away.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why should I hire you over the person we just interviewed before You.   1 Answer

SPA Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Orlando, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

Did a brief phone interview and then a personality phone interview with the "describe a time when..." questions. Then had an in person interview, drug test, and 40 hour training course before work. The phone interviews were with the HR department and the in person was with the spa manager.

Interview Questions

• What is your anticipated schedule?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be open to any schedule- you can change hours once you are in the door, but you will get passed over if you have too complicated of a schedule.

SPA Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Las Vegas, NM) in April 2015.

Interview

3 Interviews. All conducted through Skype. Mostly behavioural questions were asked. It was not very very long, each interview session lasted about 20 minutes. They were one-way video interview sessions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received phone call to set up interview. Interviewed less than a week later- was interview by three people: not the easiest interview but not the hardest. Many experience questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you over came in the work place   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Tysons, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

It was very relaxed. Just be yourself and don't hesitate. They want to make sure they hire someone dedicated to their customers, be very dedicated to the satisfaction of guests. Make sure you actually want to help people and are flexible and dependable. Remember a hotel runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and sometimes you risk not spending some holidays with your family. But that is what you are signing up for. Flexibility is going to be very important and so is being on time.

Interview Questions

• Have you encountered a difficult guest?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (San Juan, PR) in December 2012.

Interview

3 interviews one with the spa director the other with the hotel manager and the last with the hotel general manager. They ask you questions about yourself ask you to describe yourself. They present you with scenarios and you have to tell them what to do or what do you think.

Interview Questions

• Have younever had a problem witha co worker? If so how did you handdle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I e-mailed my resume and cover letter to the spa hiring manager. Within the week I received a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by a spa manager and a spa supervisor. The interview questions were like many I've had before, similar to Starbucks. They asked situational questions such as, "Describe a difficult situation you've been in at work and how did you overcome it." I was formal but not too intense.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember my most difficult question, but I know that I studied general interview questions online before I went in for my interview and that was enough to help me answer smoothly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I was please with the hourly rate that they offered me.