Rutgers University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.4

Medical Coder Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

I applied for the position about a month and a half before receiving an email from the manager requesting me to go in for an interview the next week. I met with her and she was extremely nice and explained the position in very great detail. She told me she would contact me by the end of the week to let me know if I was chosen for a second interview which I was. I went to the second interview exactly a week later and was contacted the next morning stating I was the candidate they chose. I received a call from HR stating they have an offer and they sent over paperwork for me to fill out. Everything so far seems to be moving very quickly and I am very excited to begin this new chapter of my life.

Interview Questions

• The one dreading question is why should we choose you out of all the candidates? What makes you the best for this position?   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ).

Interview

It was a very welcoming experience that allowed me to get familiar with the type of tasks and jobs I will be involved with. The questions definitely allowed for me to answer based on my experience in a law enforcement setting.

Interview Questions

• What are some weaknesses that you may have and what have you done to mitigate them?   Answer Question

User Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Panel of 3 interviewers. Interviewers began by introducing themselves and telling their backgrounds. Interview consisted of personality/situational questions and about 9 technical questions. Mostly related to Cisco networking, routing & switching.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Static & dynamic IP addresses?   Answer Question
    • Interviewers showed several IP addresses within a subnet, then asked for me to provide the network ID.   Answer Question

Lab Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

i applied online and, after a few months passed, was invited for an on-site interview. i was interviewed by a would-be coworker and manager at the same time.

coworker was polite but manager was pretty rude when he asked me questions. i didn't like his attitude at all. it was difficult to strike up any kind of conversation/"get the ball rolling" since the manager definitely did not want to be in that room with me.

very dissatisfied.

Campus Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

A Two round interview process. Phone interview for first round and in-person interview for second round. No presentation needed during the second round of interview. Met most of the mid-level and senior staff in department.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience and why you feel this is a good fit for your career   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

Application was online. I was interviewed by phone with a professor in the department I was applying for. Also I was emailed by a few current students of the department to understand the culture and experience. Overall, pretty good experience. This is for a graduate program in Busch Campus.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

Got a response within a week of my submission for the 1st Interview over Skype. I responded with in 30 min. my availability but they didn't let me know until a week later (had me worrying about how much to prepare over the holiday because their time slots fell the day after). Director & AD failed trying to Skype call me. I had given them my info ahead of time ( my friend could find me with the info) but my interviewers couldn't figure it out. It ended up being a regular phone chat, where they called the position a receptionist's job and tried to coverup their misrepresentation of the position (job listed was an associate) and the condescending tone of how they viewed the position. I was disappointed and expected higher levels of professionalism and preparation, especially from a core University functional department.

Interview Questions

• My experience, Why I left my previous position, Why Rutgers, Why that department, Relatable experience, and What I was looking for salary-wise.   1 Answer

Business Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Camden, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about 3 weeks later I was emailed and asked for a phone interview, I had one the next day, then a week later I was asked to come on campus and interview with a panel. I was told I would have a decision by the next week. I then received an email asking to come to the department and meet with the other people in the department so they can go over the job and what it entails. I was told numerous times that I would be fine when I started and I would learn by hands on experience. I was under the assumption that I was getting the job the way they talked to me. I then met with the same person I was in contact with throughout the process and asked again which position I was interested in (the temp or perm one) and he informed me I should here within the next two days. A week and a half later I had to email him to find out I did not get the job and they never gave me a reason. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

It took 11 days after submitting my application to get a call back. I had a brief phone screening and then an in-person interview with 2 people the next day. It was a very easy interview given that I had previously worked with the department as an undergraduate student and was already familiar with the staff there. I'm sure this aided me significantly thus this may not be a fair or neutral review on the interview process for someone else coming in with no prior history with the staff, department, or school.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this department/position?   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to this position that'll make you an asset to this department?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's a temporary position where the wage/hours are set so I couldn't negotiate the offer.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

After applying online I received an email to come on campus and interview for a position. The process was very laid back, very easy. Questions were basic interview questions. This position seemed to cater highly to recent graduates.