Rutgers University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rutgers University Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2018

2.4

Learning Assistant Interview

Interview

-Group interview, very easy. Just one interview in total. The overall process was just that they wanted to see if I had gotten at least a B+ in the class I was applying to be a learning assistant at first for.

Head Chef Interview

Interview

The hiring process was good. Took 2 weeks, everyone i dealt with was nice and professional. This job is a difficult job to find and acquire. Once you get a job with rutgers you get great benifits.

Learning Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

The process was not long. First introduce yourself and watch two video to discuss in groups about what should a good teaching assistant do when handling students' problems. Later discuss what it the perfect scenario for a LA. In the last, everyone shared advantages and constructive suggestions of their group members.

Interview Questions

• Describe the perfect scenario for a Learning Assistant when solving students' problems   Answer Question

Medical Coder Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

I applied for the position about a month and a half before receiving an email from the manager requesting me to go in for an interview the next week. I met with her and she was extremely nice and explained the position in very great detail. She told me she would contact me by the end of the week to let me know if I was chosen for a second interview which I was. I went to the second interview exactly a week later and was contacted the next morning stating I was the candidate they chose. I received a call from HR stating they have an offer and they sent over paperwork for me to fill out. Everything so far seems to be moving very quickly and I am very excited to begin this new chapter of my life.

Interview Questions

• The one dreading question is why should we choose you out of all the candidates? What makes you the best for this position?   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ).

Interview

It was a very welcoming experience that allowed me to get familiar with the type of tasks and jobs I will be involved with. The questions definitely allowed for me to answer based on my experience in a law enforcement setting.

Interview Questions

• What are some weaknesses that you may have and what have you done to mitigate them?   Answer Question

User Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Panel of 3 interviewers. Interviewers began by introducing themselves and telling their backgrounds. Interview consisted of personality/situational questions and about 9 technical questions. Mostly related to Cisco networking, routing & switching.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Static & dynamic IP addresses?   Answer Question
    • Interviewers showed several IP addresses within a subnet, then asked for me to provide the network ID.   Answer Question

Lab Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

i applied online and, after a few months passed, was invited for an on-site interview. i was interviewed by a would-be coworker and manager at the same time.

coworker was polite but manager was pretty rude when he asked me questions. i didn't like his attitude at all. it was difficult to strike up any kind of conversation/"get the ball rolling" since the manager definitely did not want to be in that room with me.

very dissatisfied.

Campus Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

A Two round interview process. Phone interview for first round and in-person interview for second round. No presentation needed during the second round of interview. Met most of the mid-level and senior staff in department.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience and why you feel this is a good fit for your career   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

Application was online. I was interviewed by phone with a professor in the department I was applying for. Also I was emailed by a few current students of the department to understand the culture and experience. Overall, pretty good experience. This is for a graduate program in Busch Campus.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

Got a response within a week of my submission for the 1st Interview over Skype. I responded with in 30 min. my availability but they didn't let me know until a week later (had me worrying about how much to prepare over the holiday because their time slots fell the day after). Director & AD failed trying to Skype call me. I had given them my info ahead of time ( my friend could find me with the info) but my interviewers couldn't figure it out. It ended up being a regular phone chat, where they called the position a receptionist's job and tried to coverup their misrepresentation of the position (job listed was an associate) and the condescending tone of how they viewed the position. I was disappointed and expected higher levels of professionalism and preparation, especially from a core University functional department.

Interview Questions

• My experience, Why I left my previous position, Why Rutgers, Why that department, Relatable experience, and What I was looking for salary-wise.   1 Answer