Rutgers University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2018

2.4

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online, then passed a phone screen. Shortly afterward, I was invited to a face-to-face interview. Both phone screen and face-to-face interview took 1 hour each. Staff was pleasant throughout the process and listened to my answers intently.

Lecture Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

The group interview is not to see if you are smart, but instead to see if you can cooperate. Just be polite and engage in the discussion and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• They ask a simple question that you and the group have to solve collaboratively.   Answer Question

Learning Assistant Interview

Interview

-Group interview, very easy. Just one interview in total. The overall process was just that they wanted to see if I had gotten at least a B+ in the class I was applying to be a learning assistant at first for.

Head Chef Interview

Interview

The hiring process was good. Took 2 weeks, everyone i dealt with was nice and professional. This job is a difficult job to find and acquire. Once you get a job with rutgers you get great benifits.

Learning Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

The process was not long. First introduce yourself and watch two video to discuss in groups about what should a good teaching assistant do when handling students' problems. Later discuss what it the perfect scenario for a LA. In the last, everyone shared advantages and constructive suggestions of their group members.

Interview Questions

• Describe the perfect scenario for a Learning Assistant when solving students' problems   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Edison, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a casual interview. Most of the questions were about my background, what kind of courses i had taken and what my interests are. Also why I would like to work there.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rutgers, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Rutgers, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

They post up papers of hiring CITs each fall semester. Getting the call is competitive. Once you do, u meet with a couple of supervisors and go through several behavioral questions as well as some critical thinking and personality based questions.

Interview Questions

• fire alarm went off but student has to finish his paper, how do you get him to leave the building?   Answer Question
    • If you can fill a pool with anything you want, what would it be?   Answer Question

Medical Coder Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

I applied for the position about a month and a half before receiving an email from the manager requesting me to go in for an interview the next week. I met with her and she was extremely nice and explained the position in very great detail. She told me she would contact me by the end of the week to let me know if I was chosen for a second interview which I was. I went to the second interview exactly a week later and was contacted the next morning stating I was the candidate they chose. I received a call from HR stating they have an offer and they sent over paperwork for me to fill out. Everything so far seems to be moving very quickly and I am very excited to begin this new chapter of my life.

Interview Questions

• The one dreading question is why should we choose you out of all the candidates? What makes you the best for this position?   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ).

Interview

It was a very welcoming experience that allowed me to get familiar with the type of tasks and jobs I will be involved with. The questions definitely allowed for me to answer based on my experience in a law enforcement setting.

Interview Questions

• What are some weaknesses that you may have and what have you done to mitigate them?   Answer Question

User Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Panel of 3 interviewers. Interviewers began by introducing themselves and telling their backgrounds. Interview consisted of personality/situational questions and about 9 technical questions. Mostly related to Cisco networking, routing & switching.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Static & dynamic IP addresses?   Answer Question
    • Interviewers showed several IP addresses within a subnet, then asked for me to provide the network ID.   Answer Question