Rutgers University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2018

2.4

Community Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in December 2013.

Interview

Small interview with different county employees. Easy question about oneself . Response was late but because it has to go through the university. But contact was maintained and over all easy Interview

Community Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

There is a panel interview so its normally 1:3 interview. Standard questions are asked like: why do you want this position, what makes you a good fit, etc. Then more personal questions are asked like: who is your hero and what are your personal aspirations in the company. After that there is a time where you can ask questions and it is imperative that you do so!

Community Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview in front of 3 men. The Commander, the CSO Battalion Commander, and a representative from the Rutgers police department.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if your partner stole a piece of candy?"   1 Answer

Computer Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was longer than I anticipated but they tested a variety of fields. They asked personality and situational questions along with tech questions where you actually had to demonstrate your knowledge of technology. This included determining log-on issues all the way to dealing with excel, word, and powerpoint. There was also some work with photoshop and saving files in some manner.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found a random brick laying around the building?   Answer Question

Phone Support Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

I met with the program manager and some scenarios were presented to me that callers might speak about and I had to describe how I would handle them. We did a little role-playing with mock conversations, and afterward we discussed my answers (what I said that was good and what I said that might have been improved).

Interview Questions

• About my experience, but mostly about the scenarios as i mentioned.   1 Answer

Physical Plant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

it was very professional and on topic

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very easy

Lab Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

i applied online and, after a few months passed, was invited for an on-site interview. i was interviewed by a would-be coworker and manager at the same time.

coworker was polite but manager was pretty rude when he asked me questions. i didn't like his attitude at all. it was difficult to strike up any kind of conversation/"get the ball rolling" since the manager definitely did not want to be in that room with me.

very dissatisfied.

Lab Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Piscataway, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

Online application, from which individuals are chosen to have an in-person interview. From this interview, individuals are given a variety of technical and situational questions, and questions about personal background. Employers are looking for strong customer service skills and good tech baseline. Previous work experience will be asked, and tech questions involving applications, networking, and hardware will be asked.

Lab Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2008.

Interview

2:1 interview. Questions based on online survey completion. If you say you are highly skilled they will ask questions accordingly. Interviewers are professional but easy to relate to and they only make it as hard as you set yourself up for.

Interview Questions

• Match the following file extensions to the Appropriate program used to open them: .doc, .xls, .ppt, .pdf   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer...   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

send the resume through the University hiring webpage, got the email back after 1 week and the PI called back after 2 weeks