Save-A-Lot Food Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Save-A-Lot Food Stores

2.2

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Portland, OR) in April 2008.

Interview

Found the job on Craigs List, one phone interview, one in-person interview with DM, and then a job offer.

Negotiation

They offered me what I requested. Turns out it was the mid-point of their salary range.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Richmond, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

just be open and honest about the position you want and why you should be the person in that position. they are looking for people that have a steady work output and can multi task at high levels.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it is there if needed but offer given was more then acceptible

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Charlotte, NC) in August 2009.

Interview

Initially had a 1 on 1 interview with HR recruiter : Went over job description, and briefly introduced myself.
    Next, scheduled store tour to visit facility and see daily operations, while touring the location.
    Third, I took an few online assessments which arent too hard, and they give you more than enough time to complete.
    Pending test results, You make me called for a face to face interview with the HR recruiter.
    At this point, if you have suceeded with the HR recruiter, you will be interviewed by district managers. The Hr recruiter as well as district managers will ask various job related questions ( what would you do in this situation?, What did you do in the past if.....?)

My advice to all interviewees is to of course be yourself, and be descriptive with your solutions, because in the grocery industry we must think outside the box on mutiple occassions to solve a problem.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase sales and store traffic without changing current pricing strategy withtin a specific area.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt have a problem with the initial offer. I accepted it. Great opportunity for industry.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Orlando, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Fairly lengthy interview process of about 2 months with a phone interview, regional interview, and DM panel interview. They did stay in touch regarding the interview process and expectations for the next steps in the process. The compensation offered for the position can vary quite a bit and future increases are substantially limited.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Nashville, TN) in May 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a member of their human resources. After looking at their company reviews on line, I was a little skeptical about their company. One of the first things they brought up is the fact this is a hands on job and that as a manager you're not really a manager but a worker. It doesn't seem like a smart position to build a career.

Interview Questions

I didn't like the vibe I got from the company.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

Interview

very detailed questionaire and problem solving scenarios along with serious math test. was a timed test and was very difficult if you been out of school for awhile as i was.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes i was able to negotiate somewhat

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Cleveland, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and got a phone call from an HR representative 4 days later. He pretty much went over my work history and the culture of save-a-lot. From there he scheduled a store tour a few days later at the training store in my area. He asked some general work related questions, and then took me on a tour of the store. A week later I was scheduled a face to face panel interview with 2 district managers. They asked work history questions, and why I wanted to leave my current employer, and were telling me they are looking for strong people for the perishable departments. I was then told I would recieve a phone call letting me know if I got the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you fix on hand issues not knowing are systems?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very negotianable, I asked for a lower amount than I was making, and they exceeded what I was currently making.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Charlotte, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Lots of back and forth. Process took 6 weeks. Began with a call from a recruiter in Florida. She asks standard questions. If you have another job pending DO NOT mention it. Next take online assessment. And interview with DM if you do well. Then one more interview with regional mgr. Then HR will call to verify work history and etc.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about talent development and mgr duties. If you have mgr experience you should do fine. They are relaxed during interview but don't let that fool you.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

Interview

I applied online for the position of ASM. A few days later I received a phone call from a recruiter wanting to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went well along with the assessment I did afterwards. The only obstacle was my salary range. I lowered it to the bare minimum I'd work for any company for! I was then scheduled for a store tour/interview. The store was in bad shape and wasn't conditioned at all. I spoke with the store manager. He asked very few questions and most of them were very basic. I had far more challenging questions than he did. After walking and talking with the SM, I felt far more qualified for his position than he did. The recruiter called me the following day to inform that they would not go any further with me. And that the feedback was that my skills were not what they were looking for. But in my opinion I just wasn't a good fit. I would've outshined and overshadowed a manager like himself.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

Process took 5 months. First month phone interview, next month one on one, next month panel interview and then waited two months. I called after each interview, was not given good communication on next step.Just kept calling and was persistant.