Save-A-Lot Food Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.3

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Earth City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Earth City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

The recruiter began the conversation rattling off reasons why no one would be interested in working for them (company was recently purchased by Onyx, new CEO and experiencing a lot of change). In addition, she had the phone call on speaker and performing other tasks (a lot of background noises) while conducting the interview. She said absolutely NOTHING that promoted the company or opportunity. Had she looked over the resume before initiating contact, she would not have asked many of the questions she asked (degree status, for example). This was a very impersonal and unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

• What would your boss describe as your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about when you have had to handle change?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Did a phone interview with a HR representative and then did a face to face with a district manager. A few weeks later done another interview with another district manager and regional manager. They asked basic scenario and retail questions to get a feel for my knowledge of the business.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Akron, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on Indeed.com. Two days later I was called for an "interview." Didn't ask me any questions, just told me how many hours I'd be working and hired me on the spot.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

First a phone interview with Human Resources representative, then an in person interview with the district manager and the Regional manager. I later received a call and an email job offer within a week. I was also invited to take a drug test

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset customer   Answer Question

Anything Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dexter, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Dexter, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Go in and speak with the boss about the job. It is real easy. They just ask you about your past jobs, tell you about this job, and Mike likes to ramble so theres no telling what you'll talk about. Its easy.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Two men, the corporate owner and the store manager.. they introduced themselves and asked me to explaine a little about myself. Asked what i knew about save a lot, Asked why I wanted to work with thee company, ran through a history of my jobs andthings ive done . Asked if id be willing to travel for trainingto work in the cash office....they seemed to really bee impressed with my work history. Very easy and laid back interview. Hope I get the job!

Interview Questions

• Name three things you look for when you enter a store   1 Answer
    • What did I know about the store   1 Answer

Cashier/Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Fort Myers, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I gave the manager my resume and did not receive any calls or anything for an interview. About 5 weeks later, I went in and asked the manager for an "update on my application". He then asked if I could do an interview the next day. I went to the interview (at 9am), but evidently got tuned down.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Newark, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online then received an email for a phone interview. Interviewed over the phone. Heard back a couple of days later to inform they were moving on with other candidates.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florissant, MO

Interview

Did a phone interview and never heard back since. I guess because she knew i was black. I would not recommend. They dont want black ppl in the corporate offices. I wrote them a thank you card though

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Johnson City, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and called the store manager a couple days later about my application. I scheduled an interview for that day and spoke with the manger for about 30 minutes. Later that evening I received an email with a job offer to start the next day.

Interview Questions

• What type of attitude do you have towards working as a part of a team.   Answer Question
    • What is your availability and willingness to be on time?   Answer Question