Sephora Color Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2017

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Color Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day to set up an interview. As a candidate who has over 20 years of retail management experience in a luxury market, I expected a more professional and thorough process. The interview felt rushed and the person interviewing me kept on checking her watch. I was told I would definitely be getting a call to set up a second interview and.......nothing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Color Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Applied online, recieved a call a week later, interviewed 3 times with different people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online for 3 different stores in the Twin Cities metro area. A few days later I was contacted for an interview with the Mall of america store. I am from a few hours away and looking to make the move to the bigger city, so i had to be prepared almost 3 hours ahead of time. I arrived about 10 minutes early and was asked to wait for the manager. She soon arrived and told me that I definitely "stand out" so that was a good sign to me. We went out into the mall area to have a one-on-one interview. It was very casual and pretty much just a "getting to know you better" session. The manager interviewing me was extremely nice and friendly, almost showering me with compliments. I thought I pretty much have this in the bag at the end of the interview. She told me right away that she wanted to schedule me for the second AND third interviews right away(i guess this is the standard process). She told me that I would definitely hear from her by the Friday or Sunday after my interview but that she would be busy in Chicago, so most likely Sunday. It is now Tuesday and I have still not heard back from them, so I am starting to worry. Wondering if maybe she meant this coming week friday or sunday. I'm not sure. I really would like this position and hope I hear back. I wonder if i should call back and contact them??

Interview Questions

• It was really basic "getting to know you" type things:
      "tell me about yourself"
      "what do you like to do in your spare time"
      "What's your experience in retail/cosmetics"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Lengthy, had to go through a few interviews. But it was for management so it made me feel as though they really cared about who they hired. It took a while for them to call, but when they did, the 3 interviews happened in a pretty timely fashion.

Color Lead Interview

Interview

It was a bout two weeks long after my initial interview.. This was just a prelude to some of the lack of professionalism to come.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel your child will affect your ability to work ?   5 Answers

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview, an interview with a specialist at a different store than the one I was applying to, an interview with THAT specialist's store director, an interview with the store director I WOULD be working for, and finally an interview with the District Manager. It was a ridiculous 5 week process.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sephora (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

It took months to get hired but it was well worth the wait!! They asked the basic questions regarding availability, and experience. Make sure your attire and makeup is on point!! They will certainly be looking at that!

Color Lead Interview

Application

I interviewed at Sephora in March 2009.

Interview

the manager who interviewed me was aweful!!! she wasnt able to anwser any of my questions that i had for her...she had to get back to me on everything. I really don't know why she would be a hiring manager if she is not able to talk about her company.

Color Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora in March 2017.

Interview

I had 4 interviews in total. The first one was over the phone, which took about 15-20 min. The lady asked me some basic questions such as "why would you like to work at Sephora?" or "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" At the end, she said that she wants to schedule the second interview at the location I applied for. That one was about an hour and 15 minutes, with questions about my managerial experiences the ways I lead employees and values. My recommendation is to be your true self and be honest 100%. Couple days later I received the email saying that two other ladies would like to interview me and do the demo, so I should expect to be there for 1,5-2 hours. It went great, again be yourself and always answer with passion. For the first question about my "myself" or background, I took about 10 mins. just to go over my life and work related experience. Basically, I covered every single step that got me to the point of my life where I was that day. Then, again some question were repetitive from the second interview, I guess they just checked if I was telling the truth for the first time. At the end it was the makeup demo, All they want you to do is to interact with a "customer" and not only do a great job but to be able to teach them and show the proper way of application, just so when they go home, they know how to use a certain product. And of course, do not forget to sanitize everything and do not double dip. The last one I had was the facetime interview with the District manager, which went pretty good, I feel this one was just to get to know me and welcome to Sephora family.

Interview Questions

• Which values do you seek for in the Company?   1 Answer

Color Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

telephone interview
    in person group interview
    another interview 2 weeks later

the interview was rather long and unnecessary.. if you want someone to work for you, you should hire them.. especially when they;'re c;early super talented.