Sephora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sephora

1,251 Interview Reviews

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I was contacted a week after I applied. There were three steps. The first was a phone interview with basic questions about previous experience. A week after I had the second, which was a group interview with situational questions and using a word to best describe a concept. The last interview was one on one and that's when I was offered the job at the end of it.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of when you hear the word Sephora?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied and the same day got a response and was told to apply on the heros job app, which I thought was a bit much but I did it. I then got a text from two different numbers to schedule my interview and that alone started to turn me off from the job because there was miscommunication already. So I schedule my interview and the next morning the “manager “ on the hero’s app asks me to change it. Um ok? So my interview got pushed back 2 hours and I start to get ready and of course I get ANOTHER random number texting me to confirm. I get ready and head to the interview in which I have to tell 3 different people my name and one of the guys twice because I’m just that forgetting and also find out last minute it’s a group (which I was fine with) so we walk 5 minutes to a coffee shop and get asked questions in the BLAZING SUN for half an hour. I gave my all for this interview and guess who didn’t get the job. This person!

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I started my application online. I waiting about a month to even hear back for in person interview. My online portal still said in review. The long wait for an in person interview was not worth it. They kept asking me questions that I didn’t feel relevant.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Phone interview about 10 min. I had a call from the interviewer in 5 days after I submitted my application. The store is located in manhattan NY. She asked me a lot of questions and said she will contact me after reviewing.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was a group interview with about five people. The store manager asked us all a series of scenario-based questions. Each person would share his/her perspective on how to handle the scenario in the best way possible.

Interview Questions

• How would you diffuse a situation with a customer complaint?   Answer Question

Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I was asked to come in for an interview and met with multiple managers. After that interview I was asked to come in for a demo. I aced the demo and was asked to come in for another interview. I wasn’t available for that one day and was passed up to another store with no reasoning as to why. I was told by the new store that I have to start the process all over again. It’s too much effort for a lowly position with minimal benefits and pay. They wasted my time both interviews by being late. I waited 15 minutes beyond my interview time the first day and 30 minutes beyond my interview time the second day. The interviews were last minute so I was squeezing them in and no consideration was given to me or my schedule. I made sure I was there early for my time to be disregarded. This whole situation is a slap in the face to be told I need to do the interviews all over at another location. The new location tried to make me feel better by saying they spoke well of me.

Assistant Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Got interview via Aquent. Phone interview then in person interview a week later. Arrived. Brought to a small conference room and grilled by 3 people for an hour and a half then shown out. Seemed like a lot to go through for a temp job. Didn't like the team and was not interested in the position after the interview. There were too many red flags i.e. no in-house tech support for the department (Digital Asset Management) and them constantly watching the clock the entire interview. These people were very stressed. Didn’t show me around or try to sell Sephora as a good place to work. Office looked rundown too. When I followed up with the recruiter my feedback was negative. Said my experience was good but I didn't answer their questions in depth enough. Seriously, after an hour and half I most certainly did! Whatever. I've moved on. My take-away is this department is/was/will be just looking for someone to grind though work, work, work and that's about it. Totally uninterested in the candidate as a person. Not a place you want to be. Recruiter mentioned she'd placed many people in this department. Not surprising. They probably burned them out. Go look somewhere else. Don't be fooled by a recruiter selling this place. And you know what, I'll take it further, don't shop at Sephora.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview / recruiting process for Headquarter / Corporate talent is negative. The recruiter never called back to schedule a meeting - after reaching out. Headquarter Corporate recruiter reached out to say that they were impressed with my profile and wants to set something up.

Interview Questions

• Headquarter Corporate recruiter reached out to say that they were impressed with my profile and wants to set something up.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied online on a Sunday night and received a call on Tuesday to come in for a group interview that weekend. The interview was very casual, with 5 of us seated in the makeover section of the store. We filled out a sheet with our availability for the busiest days of the holiday season, and then answered a few questions. At the end of the interview, the manager said that she would move forward in hiring all of us, and I received my offer by email later that day. Super quick and easy process!

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with 4 managers who asked about previous experience. It was an in person job fair for seasonal hires so it may be different for off season roles. Be award if you go in for a job fair you interview right on the floor amongst shoppers. Also you'll have to come back for a face test if they like you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a beauty advisor?
      What skills make you stand out from others?
      Hour flexibility?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied online and within two weeks I got an email to schedule an interview. The process was fairly easy except they did see to delay their final process.