Sephora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very formal, they asked the usual questions but also some great integrity questions. It was a fun process with lots of insight to my future with Sephora.

Interview Questions

• How does your current experience translate to what we’re looking for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

Went in for a group interview with 4 other applicants. It felt brief and casual. We all went in order from left to right. She only asked a couple of questions about ourselves and why we see ourselves with sephora. I was surprised how quick it went! After that, I got a call a few days later for a one on one. The lady was nice and she made it seem like I got the job towards the end of the interview. Asked a few questions about me and previous work experiences. In the end, she praised me and said that I'd be the perfect fit, they would be delighted to have me, and I will be expecting a call on this specific day to meet with the District Manager. I was waiting and waiting, never got a call back. I even followed up but I'm left with nothing! It's faulty and unprofessional to inform an applicant that they are the best candidate for the job without making the complete decision.

Interview Questions

• Why Sephora? Where do you see yourself in the next 3-5 years? Tell me about yourself? Why did you leave/want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back a week later to set up an interview. A group interview.
    It's not as scary as it sounds, trust me.

I arrived at the store and was joined by two other girls for the interview. The hiring manager took us to an area in the mall where we could all sit down to talk. She asked us questions about our previous work experiences such as "Why do you want to work for Sephora?", "Tell me about a time YOU received great customer service & what did you learn from it?", and "Tell me about a time you went above & beyond for a customer."
    Note: Depending on the manager, she does not direct the questions to anyone in particular, so try to answer first. It shows you're excited about the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time someone tried to convince you to do something unethical   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Short Hills, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager was unorganized, as my interview overlapped with other candidates. I was interviewed by 1 manager and another one that just sat there without asking a question. The manager was very belitting and seemed genuinely bored. The interview didn't last more than 5 minutes. Very amateur level interviewers. Extremely unprofessional and uncomfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Good but very brief. I didn't talk a lot with the lady interviewing me. She was nice but seemed like she had a lot of other candidates. She also asked many personal questions that I didn't feel were related to the job specifically.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your previous experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I met with a talent manager for the company. We discussed my past jobs and what I had accomplished with my past employees. We discussed why I wanted to work for sephora. What skills I could bring to the company and why I would be a good fit. We also discussed sephora. What type of manger they are looking for and what they can offer me if I were to join those company. We discussed training, benefits, locations and area of growth potential

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Average level of difficulty. I applied online but was also referred by a friend who works for the company. My interview was supposed to be a group interview but the girls never showed up so it ended up being a 1:1. The Store Director talked about her expectations for the store and also asked me general questions like: Why Sephora and customer service related situations.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

As a contractor, i was contacted by my Job Hunt agency, and then I was contacted by the Sr. Marketing Manager- who I was directly reporting during my role. We had a phone interview for about 1 hour, and we talked about my background, as well as some situational questions.
    After this, I was called for an in-person interview, where I got to meet the Director of the department.

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to open up a business what would be your plan/steps?   Answer Question

Assistant Merchant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Face-to-face interview at the corporate office. I met with the merchant and director. According to HR, salary is capped at 70k. I'm not 100% sure on bonus structure, but I think it's 12-24%. Very difficult to receive qualitative feedback as to why I wasn't hired- they used the cookie cutter explanation that another applicant was better for the role. It would've been much more helpful if they briefly explained why. This is my main reason for rating it a negative experience.

Before the interview, I highly recommend you visit one of their stores and study the category for which you are applying, for example, color. Choose a brand and do a SWOT analysis. This will prepare you in case the hiring manager asks for your perspective, which is most likely.

Interview Questions

• If you walk into our store, what is one thing we excel at? What can we improve? How would you market this product or brand? How do you deal with having difficult conversations with the brand? What are some of the beauty trends right now? What are some of the upcoming beauty trends? Who are you favorite social influencers? How is your previous work experience relevant to this position? What cross-functional teams have you worked with? What is your greatest career accomplishment? Name a mistake you made and how you solved it. What is your working style? Describe your ideal manager. What is your favorite and least favorite job and/or manager you've had so far and why. Name 3 strengths and weaknesses. How do you deal with multiple priorities and pressure? Why do you want to work for Sephora?   Answer Question

Assistant Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by outside agency and applied through them. Finally got through to phone interview. One of the first things she asks is if this is still a good time to talk.

She kept asking questions about CMS experience and what exactly I've done. She seemed more focused on execution of the job and didn't know the difference between working autonomously or collaboratively. Most of her answers to my questions were quick but political.

She was pleasant to talk to, but throughout the hiring process, did start to feel insulted that she didn't think I could do this entry level job, even with training and learning the CMS that they use.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that I should remember.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Interview was easy. Had a group interview, then was passed off to a 2nd interview an hour later Received the phone call about an offer a week later. You really have to just be yourself, then say things you think they want to hear. Be different and completely honest.

Interview Questions

• What was my strengths and opportunities and why Sephora   Answer Question