Sephora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2018

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

group interveiw, had to build a block tower. didn't talk to any of us one on one, seemed like they didn't care to know anything about us, didn't ask about experience or anything like that

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I brought my resume to the hiring manager one afternoon. Later that evening I received a call regarding my availability, current employment, and when I could start. Very quick, took much less time than I expected. It is my impression that this is not the norm for the company.

Sephora Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

I met with a woman one on one and then contributed in a group game and activity. (They are looking for group leadership and team work skills). We had to build little towers with blocks and we couldn't look at the picture of the tower for more than 3 seconds each turn.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very formal, they asked the usual questions but also some great integrity questions. It was a fun process with lots of insight to my future with Sephora.

Interview Questions

• How does your current experience translate to what we’re looking for?   1 Answer

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

When I went for my interview, they somehow got the times mixed up, and I wasn’t supped to be there for another hour.
    When I came back I met up with Jodi. We walked down to the cafe and sat down.
    She had me tell her things about myself, what I liked, where I see myself in 5 years, etc .
    She asked about my past employers.
    She offered me a second interview, which I had to do an eye look on someone. They provided the model, the brushes, and of course the makeup.
    Jodi watched and made sure I followed all of the rules with sanitizing.
    Once I was finished she said she would contact me in a couple days to let me know if I got the job

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Long af. Two interviews that were an hour a piece. Applied multiple times before getting an interview. Wouldn't be so annoying if pay was better. I applied online every time.

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

It was a phone interview, then group interview and experience is very important for Sephora especially as a color consultant, heavily focused on that and how to explain specific makeup processes like how to contour or fill in eyebrows to customers, and upselling.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (San Luis Obispo, CA).

Interview

I applyed a week later I had an interview. I went to the interview I thought all went well but then about 4 hours later I got an email that they we going to hire someone else

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Austin, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I participated in the group interview, with about 5 others . I got offered the interview after I applied, around a week. I did not get offered another interview yet

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Charleston, WV) in December 2017.

Interview

Thorough, Fast-Paced, and Efficient would be how I would describe the interview process. I had an in person interview with the Store Director and then a phone interview from the Director of another store. I felt comfortable and heard in both interviews and would highly recommend applying to anyone! It was wonderful!