Sephora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.5

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora in June 2016.

Interview

I participated in 2 group interviews and was offered the job all within the span of a week. The interviewers were friendly and warm, and they asked thoughtful questions. Dress was business casual.

Interview Questions

• Why Sephora? What do you bring to the table? What defines a leader? Tell us about a past manager that inspired you. How do you define customer service?   Answer Question

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Camden, NJ).

Interview

Filled out a lengthy online application. It took about a month to get a call from management. Went to a one on one interview with one of the store managers. Was setup that same day with a second interview a week later with the another manager which was the store director. That interview went well and I was told I would be setup for third part which was a demo applying Makeup. It was pretty relaxed I was still little nervous I had to bring a model and start with skin care and then go into the makeup. I picked the products to use and she said how great I was doing. After I was told I would get a call to find out. Few days later I got a call with an offer and then had to sign a contract that was emailed to me stating I agreed to take the position. Started the next day.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

It was fairly easy. Manager had an easygoing chat about what brands I liked in Sephora and what maekup I use from them. Was asked the typical questions you would find in a retail interview. Questions such as name your strengths and weaknesses, name a time you were in a leadership role, when you had a conflict and how you dealt with it, etc.

Corporate IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Hurry hurry hurry - then disappear.
    I was contacted by an external recruiter. Good fit for the job, possibly exceeding experience. Recruiter phone interview, Hiring manager phone interview, in person interview with multiple counterparts.
    Great people and great conversation. A bit sparse on the "creature comforts": no offer for a break over a whole morning (I had to ask for a glass of water), no comping of parking, not well organized overall.

No follow up. Ever.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

May go through 2-3 interviews, with specialist and then store manager and then even district manager depending on position applying for. Asked basic questions on experience and abilities. Then interviewed on what you can bring to the company if hired. District manager interviews are mostly for management positions and possibly for employees being made permanent from seasonal positions.

Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Durham, NC).

Interview

I was asked about my experience with makeup/skincare, what Instagram/social media pages I followed, what stores/brands I like. They asked me about my schooling, and where I saw my career with Sephora in the future.

Interview Questions

• What Beauty Instagram pages do you follow?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward. They called me and told me when I could come in for my first day.

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Applied on line. 2 weeks after I applied I received a call to interview. Then I was asked to interview with another store director at another location and 2 weeks after thst I was hired.

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviews with a group of candidates. They ask you several questions and you have to answer them with the idea of client service being top priority. They want to know that you are skilled in costumer service and provide a shopping experience to the clients.

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

I had three interviews with different shop workers and a test on how I was doing makeup.
    The first interview was group.
    The second was with one more person.
     The last interview was one-on-one

Skincare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

The Interviewing process was exhausting. I was interviewed 2x for one store, then invited to a beauty recruiting event, then 2 more interviews and the 5th was a demo. At the point i was told to wait one week. I responded with no, that i had been there enough times and I had other job offers. They were proactive and called me before i got home. Otherwise I would have moved on.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to Sephora   1 Answer