Sephora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.5

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

The interview went well and was painless. I was interviewed with a group of people, most of whom were wearing red and black (I think they were hoping to dress in Sephora's colors which is interesting). Addressed questions and situations to the group and asked how we would each respond.

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

A lot of questions. I only had one interview for the Sephora in JCP. My manager was very nice and explained that she’s looking for somebody outgoing . Got the offer that day over the phone a few hours later . Word of advice watch YouTube videos to help prepare :)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SEPHORA   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Interviewed with the store director and then did a phone interview with a manager in the Orlando store. Typical interview questions. I got a call a day later that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• It's been so long I don't really recall. One I remember for sure was "what was is your greatest weakness." I hate that question and have no idea how I answered it. lol!   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Raleigh, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview, we ( all 14 of us lol) all went to the back room and sat in a semi-circle and answered about 3-4 questions. All of the ones are pretty similar to the ones I've seen posted. the interview took about two hours because there were so many of us, but it was probably the best interview I've ever been invited to! The interviewer, Elana, was so sweet and you can tell she really loves her job. I haven't heard anything back yet, the interview was 2 days ago.

Interview Questions

• Give one instance where you provided outstanding customer service to a difficult customer and/or one instance where you received not so great customer service.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (Cleveland, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied on a Monday and got a call back that Thursday asking for me to come in next Thursday for an in person interview. Met with the Assistant Manager for 30 minutes. Questions were not too difficult and my overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

group interview, 8 girls, 2 workers, asked questions about scenarios and love of makeup and sephora. Went around in a circle and asked most everyone the same question. not formal at all.

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (Woodridge, IL).

Interview

I literally walked in to see if they were hiring for the holidays and was hired right away. A good piece of advise if you’re wanting to work at Sephora is when you go in to see if they’re hiring, make sure you’re wearing makeup, have your hair done and dress casual but nice.

Interview Questions

• If a client comes in and wants a full face worth of products, what would you advise they purchase and what questions would you ask them to know the appropriate products to advise?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora in October 2017.

Interview

Hiring manager kept switching times, the last time was 3:30, I showed up 10 minutes early. The manager comes down and said my interview was at 3:00 and she couldn't interview me because she had others to interview. She looked disgusted at me like I wasn't Sephora material and she was prejudice. The whole Sephora, no people of color from top to bottom. There was no use arguing, I knew she would stand by her saying 3:00 and not 3:30, but she looked mad as soon as she came down, like she didn't want to interview, especially when she saw my race. I didn't see anyone else. she could have interviewed me to save all this trouble, I would have waited. But still there's a certain professional way you talk to people. This particular Sephora has problems. Seems they don't care about customer service, because their rude, don't care if your qualified, just get in based on who they know, very cliquey. Wonder how this manager became manager with her nasty attitude. They fake like they have good customer service than when they get hired, they act the way they want, when you go there you'll be helping yourself.

Interview Questions

• Your interview was at 3:00?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I got to sephora and right away was welcomed and I asked for manager , we went to the back on a one
    On one interview. She sat down I sat down she asked some basic questions and if I had any questions questions for her .. and she said if they liked me they would give me call back that usually takes 3 interviews and if I wasn't a fit they would email me still haven't gotten a call for next interview or an email keeping hope up

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

No phone interview first, but had to fill out a detailed written essay type questionnaire. Straight to in person with 5 people. There was a lot of disorganization around what room the interview was supposed to be in, interviewers were late to the interview so my interviews with them were inadvertently cut short, a few seemed visibly stressed and were checking their phones. But the most off-putting part was the accusatory tone of the interview questions. All but one treated me in the interview like I had no business being there. They were like Mean Girls. At one point, I contemplated just getting up and walking out when I felt I had to justify my experience for the 3rd time. It's really strange. Who do they think they are? It's basically a glorified retail job. The strangest thing is that they all wear black and grey. I found out after it's a company mandate that you wear black and grey every day. WTF. So not my cup of tea. And hilariously the offices were messy and the immaturity of the team was shocking. Then- after spending ALL day there meeting with these 5 miserable and attacking women, I never heard a word from Sephora. Not even a rejection. The company seems so awful to work for.