Sephora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.5

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

It began with a group interview of 4 people where we were asked questions and given simple scenarios, then it went to the one on on interview where I was asked to sell a product giving my reasons for my recommendation.

Interview Questions

• If you have a client who regularly shops here and as she is leaving she drops the perfume she just purchased will you take an exchange for a new one?   1 Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

No phone interview first, but had to fill out a detailed written essay type questionnaire. Straight to in person with 5 people. There was a lot of disorganization around what room the interview was supposed to be in, interviewers were late to the interview so my interviews with them were inadvertently cut short, a few seemed visibly stressed and were checking their phones. But the most off-putting part was the accusatory tone of the interview questions. All but one treated me in the interview like I had no business being there. They were like Mean Girls. At one point, I contemplated just getting up and walking out when I felt I had to justify my experience for the 3rd time. It's really strange. Who do they think they are? It's basically a glorified retail job. The strangest thing is that they all wear black and grey. I found out after it's a company mandate that you wear black and grey every day. WTF. So not my cup of tea. And hilariously the offices were messy and the immaturity of the team was shocking. Then- after spending ALL day there meeting with these 5 miserable and attacking women, I never heard a word from Sephora. Not even a rejection. The company seems so awful to work for.

Fragrance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

2 interviews 1 with assistant store director and another 1 with store director. Very simple interview. They r super nice. It was less than 30 minutes per interview. After both interview they will call and send email for job offer.

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (College Station, TX).

Interview

They described details of the job. We did a team building exercise where you build a sculpture. You only have sixty seconds to look at the picture then you pass it to the next person.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on working here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Thorough, there were three interviews. One as a group and two on my own. The interviewers were kind and patient. There were a lot of hypothetical questions during the interview.

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

I worked at Sephora inside JC Penney. The interview was 10-15 minutes and it was one-on-one with the manager of Sephora. Questions were pretty typical for any type of retail job, although there were a few additional aspects considering that working at Sephora means you need to be comfortable applying makeup and skincare on others. While you don't need to be *super* knowledgeable about that yet, you should show that you're willing to learn as there is a lot of training.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where your attention was needed by multiple people at once?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about JC Penney/ Sephora as a company?   Answer Question
    • Which aspect of this job do you foresee as being challenging?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Firstly, in the description for the job they didn't say that it was an overnight position so I found that to be odd. I was supposed to meet with someone for an interview but I ended up having two interviews that day. I applied online and got called in to interview. After interviewing with the first women, she asked me to talk to someone else which I did. After talking with that woman I was asked to speak with someone else. The couple who was sitting beside me in the common area asked me if I had been hired yet to which I laughed and replied no. I didn't have time to meet with the last woman so I left but got an email about a telephone interview the next day. The final interviewer and I played telephone tag for a few calls until I finally got in touch and did the interview. After all of that I got a call saying that I was not "passionate" enough about stock even though my previous job was merchandiser and I absolutely love makeup.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

As an internal hire, I was interviewed by my Beauty Manager. Roughly a day later, I was called to set up an interview with the General Manager. The Beauty Manager asks questions to make sure you would be a good leader. The General Manager makes sure you can represent the store and work well with the store. I then interviewed with the Field Manager of Sephora. She made sure I was able to lead and what my expectations where. A day later I was asked to interview with the Area Education Manager. This interview process was about leadership and coaching styles.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to manage a group of people for a project in a timeframe where the outcome of the project was important.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Chandler, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an e-mail with an invitation to a job fair that would hold on-the-spot interviews. I show up and there are about 10 other people standing in the hallway looking confused. They said they were way behind on interviews and to just wait. 30 minutes later, they announce that they will be breaking us up into groups and performing group interviews instead.

I was in a group with 6 others and we were asked different questions by 3 different managers. Totally disorganized and you could tell they had no intention of hiring any of us, just tried to get through the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you personalized a situation for a customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyattsville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Hyattsville, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

5 phone interview questions before the manager asked if I would be interested in coming in for a group interview. The group interview consist of 2 girls and I, unlike most interviews, we did team building exercises

Interview Questions

• Describe Sephora Rewards Program?

Why you choseto work at sephora?

How wuld you benefit sephora?   1 Answer