Sephora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2018
1,049 Interview Reviews

2.5

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I walked in with a resume and photos of my work and got an interview on the spot. The first interview was with the store manager. The questions were pretty standard. I was then scheduled for a second interview where I was asked to do a look of my choice on a model.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Very relaxed, non intimidating environment. I did two sets of interviews, one with the store manager and another with the assistant store manager on a separate day. They asked very good and relevant questions, but it didn't feel stressful at all.

Interview Questions

• They asked me "what I could bring to the table" i.e. what skills and experience can I provide for the store that they need   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Fredericksburg, VA) in June 2018.

Interview

I arrived a few minutes early, the manager was a few minutes late. She took me to her office and asked a ton of questions about my resume and myself. She was very polite and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to offer, and what my skills/interests were. It lasted maybe twenty minutes before she let me go home, and said that she'd call back if I got an offer. It took two weeks to get a call saying that they went ahead and hired someone else.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

I went in 10 minuets early and met with manager she told me to walk around the store and she would come get me, literally she took about 20 minuets. It was a group interview. Manager wasn’t as polite she just wanted to finish the interview as quick as possible.

Skincare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (San Jose, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I received a phone call which was a brief phone screening. We set up a 1 on 1 interview for the following week with the same interviewer that called me. During the interview I was asked simple questions about the company and what I would do in a few theoretical situations. Overall it wasn't very formal so I felt they were disinterested in me as an employee.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Seophora   1 Answer

Implentation Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Changed day and time a couple of times. When I arrived the receptionist had stepped out for lunch. I had a 30 minute break in between interview times, I asked the receptionist if they had a kitchen, she directed me to grab some chips in a cabinet, inside a box. Didn't really feel like they were prepared for welcoming new candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why did you wear, what you're wearing? What influenced you to wear that? How would you start a project? (He listed my steps, and was condescending the entire time. Prompting me to get to the next step.)   1 Answer

Sephora Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Miami, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

It was a great experience, 1st interview was over the phone, 2 nd interview was at the nearest Starbucks and the manager was super nice and down to earth. 3rd interview was at the store with the store director. Again a wonderful experience.

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora in April 2018.

Interview

After i submitted my online application i was called imminently after, inviting me to come to their job fair which was 2 days after the call. I went to the job fair, there were a handful of girls also applying as well. I was called to go to the back to be interviewed by one of the managers (always bring extra resumes). The interview went well, don't overthink, and just breathe! After interview i was scheduled for a demo, after the demo i was called one more time to be interviews by another manager and she basically told me i was hired and we discussed scheduling and orientation dates.

I Was “interviewed” for Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2018.

Interview

They scheduled me for a phone “interview” and I say “interview” because they didn’t ask me a lot of questions about my job skills or accomplishments but more about my application so I had to repeat a lot of what I typed out. They acted like I had the job and then informed they would email me to schedule a in person interview and a week later I got a email saying I didn’t get the job. Very misleading!

Co-Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora in April 2018.

Interview

Friendly and personal interview. More focused on me and what I would contribute to the team dynamic VS What metrics looked like in my previous position. They are in the middle of a slight restructuring at the moment causing some confusion for the hiring managers and recruiters as far as role clarity is concerned but keeping things transparent and not being too uptight or stuffy is a nice change of pace in the upscale retail world.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this position?   1 Answer