Six Flags Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Six Flags Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2018

1.8

Rides Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Six Flags.

Interview

Applied online and took about 2 weeks to get a text notification for an in person interview. Clicked on a link that had different dates and times for an interview. Interview was short and was offered the position.

Admissions Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Six Flags (Austell, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

Apply online on February 7 and two days later I received the email to select the day and time of the interview.

The interview was group. You should take 5 minutes before your interview time or if you do not interview. You make a row where they give you an easy test on math and answer a question such as your availability. They sit you at a table like 7 people playing jenga while they wait to be interviewed. After an hour they call my group and they asked us all several questions.

National Sponsorship Sales Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Six Flags (New York, NY).

Interview

Absolutely and totally unprofessional!

After seeing a post from late last year, I decided that I too should add my experience for the exact same position. My experience goes back to March 2016. I applied on line via the Six Flags careers portal in the morning . Amazingly, I received an email from the hiring manager a few hours later to set up a phone interview.

The call lasted about 40 minutes and covered the essential background info as well as a few (limited) insights about the role. I was then asked to create a presentation for a potential client target for Six Flags. We established time line for delivery and left it there.

Then I set to work putting together what was a rather well thought out, peer reviewed presentation for the hiring VP. I had shared the work as it was being developed with people on the agency side--one of whom had worked on the particular brand I chose to target for this exercise. Once completed, I hit send.

What then followed was a steady stream of either no response or apologies for delay. Beyond a simple "yes, I have the presentation," and a terse "we're rethinking the position and I'll get back to you in about a week," all communication ceased.

No feedback, no thank you for my time, nothing. And then, eventually, came the auto-email from the tracking system telling me I am no longer viable for the position. Classy.

In 2017, the position reappeared on the Careers site...and probably more for fun than anything else, I again applied. My status has been in limbo ever since.

The hiring manager apparently is far too busy to respond to emails let alone follow up with people interviewed and left hanging. HR clearly leaves these things to the hiring managers outside of sending the reject letters. Talk about a disconnect.

As this particular position is a Corporate job, the lack of courtesy and professionalism is beyond belief. Unless of course, the whole point of the presentation exercise is to arm the bigger team with ideas to go out and sell against. Which is even more appalling. The poster from August 2017 and their experience is identical to mine--which should tell you everything you need to know about this particular department and this hiring manager.

Advice to candidates: Your talents and ideas are being usurped. The effort and energy you will likely put into this 'demo' presentation is barely worth the effort when considering the utter lack of feedback and courtesy.

Advice to Six Flags: Find a better manager for this operating unit. Clearly scattered and too busy to engage in bringing in good talent. Additionally, increase accountability to HR when it comes to recruitment. In these cases, they've pretty much abdicated any responsibility to an inept and unfocused hiring manager.

Lesson learned. At least where Six Flags is concerned.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview--there were no surprises   1 Answer

Games Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

You have to fill out a few forms and do a math assessment that’s super easy. Then they ask you questions on your job experience, how you can change the environment, what you would do in certain situations.

Games and Attractions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Six Flags (Arlington, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

it was really easy just smile and be friendly and you will get the job. they pretty much hire anybody with sense. also just be interactive and say kind things about the park. give them complements on their attire and start a nice conversation. they will end up liking you. also they will hire you on the spot

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at six flags   1 Answer

Cash Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Six Flags (Valencia, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview mostly consisted of previous cash handling experience and doing 2 basic math question tests. Did pass the first interview, was supposed to be called for a 2nd but it's been over a week and I haven't received a call or an e-mail about it(Keep getting email confirmations for my first interview and that's it).

PS: Be prepared for the noise of passing roller coasters because their HR offices is behind Scream. But at least the interviewer will apologizes for it and waits until it passes by to continue the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Six Flags?
      Should someone be given a second chance if they steal from the park?
      Name a time you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question

FT Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Six Flags (Baltimore, MD) in January 2018.

Interview

HR will process your resume and sent it directly to the hiring manager. After that you will get a call to schedule your interview. Once you get a call, make sure you dress professional and do your homework on what position you are apply for? What help do they need and what the job will require you to do

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you can bring to improve the team.   1 Answer

Ride Operator Interview

Interview

Seamless great process very easy and worth it. The hiring process is great. I was asked to complete a questionnaire and it was very easy. I would recommend you provide prior experience.

Games Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Six Flags (Arlington, TX).

Interview

Very easy,they hire anyone it took a long time though but got a job offer on the spot, they pay 7.25 for games attendant but if u can find other places to work PLEASE DO

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer got angry   1 Answer

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Six Flags (Valencia, CA).

Interview

I went to an office in the back of the park and filled out a questionnaire/worksheet with basic math questions and work scenarios before a one-on-one interview where I was asked about work history and relevant skills to the position.