Cover image for Stanford University

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Stanford University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 481 of over 481 interviews

Campus Recruiting10%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Stanford University

Application

I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

One of the best experiences during the whole interview process. People are very caring and professional. Make it easy to decide whether to accept the offer or not in the latter process.

Interview Questions
  • What did you do when there is a team conflict?
    Answer Question

Stanford University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

The interview was very fun. The interviewer made it very easy to talk to them and asked interesting questions that weren't too difficult to anser. They were very accommodating. I interviewed with two people back to back.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Stanford University

Join the conversation on

MBA Applicants

2d

a

Consultant

Stanford said “If you have not received an interview invitation by late November, you will not be interviewed this round” but they never specified the year. So we wait until late Nov every year? Classic GSB, treating applicants like trash by expecting us to wait for interview invites until we wither away and die…

2 Comments

Teachers

198.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Stanford University~2989
Join the conversation on

Stanford University

Application

I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

I got a referral from my friend. It was a tree rounds interview. First two was 30-40 min and the last was around one hour. All questions were reasonable. I like the process, interviewers were kind.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stanford University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University in Oct 2022

Interview

Very relaxed and comfortable. Basic interview question. Currently just completed 3rd and final interview hoping I receive an offer. Expect to hear back and receive offer by first week of December

Interview Questions
  • Clarification of skills listed on resume?

Stanford University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

About a 45 minute phone interview. Interviewer was very nice, easy to talk to—professional and personable. No major curveball questions. Seems like a great place to work. Felt all the questions were fair and not stilted or contrived.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Can you tell me something about yourself that isn’t on your resume?

Stanford University

Application

I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

Teaching interview + debugging interview. You were given the problem in advance and were able to prepare. Debugging interview simulated real life TA debugging scenario - key was to keep talking

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stanford University

Application

I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

Very friendly team. I had a 45 minute phone screen with the hiring manager then a one hour panel interview with the team. Unfortunately, I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stanford University

Application

I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

One Zoom interview with the principal investigator and another person in the lab. Only 30 minutes and only one interview for them to decide who would get chosen. Very nice and professional people.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stanford University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

The interview went well, with a friendly and brief introduction followed by basic questions on logical reasoning and my qualifications. It lasted a total of 45 minutes. The interviewer was a bit disinterested overall though.

Interview Questions
  • What were your test scores? What makes you a good fit for stanford? What motivates you ?

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in Sep 2022

Interview

I applied online, then got an email for a phone interview first then was invited back for an in-person interview. After a few days, I heard back that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 481 Interviews

Stanford University Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Stanford University as 68.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.80 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Research Assistant and Clinical Research Coordinator rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Administrative Associate and Postdoctoral Fellow roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Stanford University takes an average of 27 days when considering 515 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Postdoctoral Researcher had the quickest hiring process (on average 3 days), whereas Research Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 26 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Stanford University according to 515 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 23.54%