Stanford University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

It was really pleasant for me to interview with Stanford. People were pleasant, you could immediately like them. Receptionist was helpful to answer your question, I was offerred a bottle of water while I was waiting to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve calendar conflicts?   1 Answer

Peer Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

Hiring is done by the Stanford Center for Teaching and Learning. The interview process includes one personality interview to see if candidates are suitable and personable enough to be peer tutors. The second round is a role-play interview where candidates have to 'tutor' someone, typically an experienced tutor in the subject they are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of a time where a student reacted poorly to your tutoring techniques and how you overcame the difficulty.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Hourly pay for this student job.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Filled out the online application and was then first contacted by hum resources. After that I had a series of in person interviews. Three of these were interviews with a group of people. The last was a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are qualified for this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stanford University (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Really straight forward..I just got phone interview and they asked me about my research and the projects that I have done. Wanted to know more in details about one of my project and asked some technical questions related to my project

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was straightforward with technical questions related to basic programming skills including C++ and Java. Also had some behavioral type of questions to see how well I could think and reason on the spot. Overall not very difficult

Interview Questions

• They asked about how I would improve a specific product that they work on   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone call, followed by a technical screen and a set-up in-person interview. Subsequent phone call, but did not get the job. The interviewers were nice, but hard to understand overall.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1 phone technical
    1 in person
    Once that was done waited up to two weeks to get an offer which i did not accept. Overall nice people and nice area. Lots of fountains and stuff like that please let me go through

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Was simple interview with lab manager there and research coordinator PI.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The process took around 2 months. I was contacted by the head of the lab for a phone screening. A week later, I was asked to do a skype interview. Finally, a few weeks later I did an on-campus interview where I met the head and lab members. Was offered the job by the end of that interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my resume and experience   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, then onsite. The questions are very difficult. I have no clue how to answer it. They were polite, and said thank you for your time. I said thanks. Then I left.

Software Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University in April 2009.

Interview

Easy, but it was 10+ years ago. EMailed, came to campus, chatted a while, got the job.

Negotiation

They didn't want to pay relocation costs, but I negotiated $2000 signing bonus to cover that.