Stanford University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 401 of over 401 interviews

Employee Referral10%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Application

I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

amazing experience, friendly people, the process was very welcoming and they wanted you to succeed. I give it a 10/10 , all was done over zoom and there were 2 interviews with two different people

Interview Questions
  • tell me about a time where you struggled?
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

I made it to the top 2 for an interview process, and they told me they would be checking references, including my current supervisor, who was not my reference. I expressed concern, because if I did not get the job, I would fear retaliation. They told me they understood, but never reached out to my references and chose the other person. This is SUCH an inequitable process and ensures that folks with toxic supervisors never get hired.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

The interviewer first described their research project and then asked basic questions to learn about my background in research. I was also asked about my organizational and time management skills. I was given time to ask the interviewer questions in the end

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

Initial phone screen, with relevant questions followed by an in depth in person interview with the entire team. Team operated off of pre-written questions that were asked of all candidates. Team interview was in pairs, and had 4 separate interviews, 30 minutes each with each interviewer pair.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

Standard questions, care a lot about CV and the interview felt like a formality. First year on the job was continuous interview as well. Really nice smart people in the interview, happy to answer all questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

I've interviewed for a few (3) Program Manager level positions at Stanford, getting to the final round in each. They've all consisted of a phone screen, a first interview, and a second interview. Communication is generally slow and unresponsive, and two of the three times the hiring committee completely ghosted me. The third time, my references were called and were positive, but I was not offered the position as another candidate had more experience.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you handle multiple competing deadlines. Describe a time you dealt with a difficult or demanding coworker.
1 person found this interview helpful

Application

I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

I had a total of 5 interviews, both in person and over Zoom - all fairly standard. I got lost on campus looking for one of the buildings so plan extra time for parking and searching for the correct building.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Application

I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

There are many interviews. The first interview is 1hr talk with the project manager. Next, we did several interviews with the PhD students in the lab. The final interview is a tech talk at the research seminar.

Interview Questions
  • (1) Mostly about my previous research background. (2) How can you extend your previous work to the project in this research group? (3) Why do you apply for this position?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

Was asked about former knowledge of image development and any prior coding experience but was not asked to actually code anything on the spot. Was introduced to the team leads.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I interviewed at Stanford University

Interview

Panel interview consisting of 5 members. Lasted about 45 minutes. Back to back questions that test your answers. Overall everyone was super friendly and challenged your answers. They were your usual answers. Couple days later I was back for a second round which lasted 30 min.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA)

Interview

30 minutes long. Questions included behavioral and tell me about yourself. Panel interview with 5 managers. The interview was over all easy if you prepare with stories and explain why you want the job.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 401 Interviews