Stanford University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

2.8

Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I had already completed a phone screen for another position with Stanford prior to this in-person interview which is why I think I didn't have to do a phone interview (it was the same HR recruiter for both positions). However, I feel like it might have been better if a phone interview had been conducted, since I got the impression that my lack of relevant experience kept me from progressing further past this interview - something that would have come up in a phone interview...

Investigator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a campus recruitment. I have 30 minutes of talk/chat with the two interviewers. I didn't prepare any power point slides, hence it didn't go well. I would say, if I get a second chance, I wouldn't screw it up.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University in July 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was a very relaxed interview. I interviewed via Skype with the Research Coordinator I would be working with. We discussed my previous experience, why I was interested in the lab, and was given time for my own questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous research experience, emphasizing the skills you gained.   Answer Question
    • What are you looking to gain from your next position?   Answer Question
    • What about the position interested you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straightforward. I knew someone who already worked there and was able to get my resume in the right hands. If you research the department you will be working for and go over general interview questions you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management process?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

Very thorough and intelligent process. I felt that the interview had been constructed to show as much as possible about prospective candidates. A project was required and it was not easy.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about recent books I had read and how they contributed to my work decisions   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

The interview didn't involve a lot of probing questions. Asked about projects previously worked on and about experience on marketing. Interviewer was friendly and said that my experience wasn't what the department was looking for at the time.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

1) Phone interview with recruiter,
    2) Phone interview with 3 people from the department,
    3) 1-day onsite interview with 5-7 people

I ahd 1st interview 2 days after application, and then I had the 2nd interview the next day. The 3rd interview took 2 weeks from the 2nd since I was meeting several people from professor to financial manager.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a week later. I received an email from the hiring manager to schedule a 30 minutes phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • I was asked what year I graduated from college and how far back experiences I had.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

Got a call within 1 week of submitting my application. Had a 45 min phone interview with the director and potential job supervisor. At the conclusion of the phone interview I was told to expect a second Skype interview the following week. I am still waiting for this and will update this as the process concludes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current roll and how you can use your experience to work at Stanford?   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA).

Interview

Had taught before at Stanford and was invited to teach again. Normally it is an extensive process involving many faculty meetings and review of credentials and teaching style. References are important