Staples EasyTech Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2018

2.0

100 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (Roseville, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with the store manager in the store's manager's office. Felt casual, there was no desk between us and we were just sitting facing each other in rolling chairs. I had applied online the day before and received a call the next day. The actual interview was the next day after. All in all, it was three days from submitting my application to being hired. I started a couple days afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about working at your last place of employment? He was referring to my resume as we spoke.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I probably could have negotiated but I was happy to have a job so quickly and assumed that they wouldn't budge anyways. I started at an hourly rate of $10.25/hr.

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I first spoke with the assistant manager of the store, to cover only a couple of questions about my qualifications, and about availability.

After his vetting process I spoke with the manager of the store, in a similar style, with similar questions.

After that I was given information about the new hire process and scheduling. The interview itself seemed like a formality.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a hard drive to a customer.

How did you handle a time where you had an upset customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process was very quick and easy. It was done one on one and in the manager's office. It made me feel like I was already going to get the job. I proved i could be persuasive in selling products and i also had advanced knowledge of the technology. He then asked me a couple of questions and before I knew it, I landed the job. The was no waiting period. It might not be the same for everyone, but it happened to me.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very quick, very easy. They will hire pretty much anyone as long as you look like you can hold a job. Staples does have a very high turnover rate which means they are usually hiring.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different than other candidates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Concord, NH) in June 2012.

Interview

They asked me to sell them a writing utensil. Gave me a pen, marker, and pencil
    I asked them what they needed the writing utensil for
    That was exactly what they were looking for

They don't look at it as selling products, but selling solutions (because just selling a product, results in a return)

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stress?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation took place

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Waldorf, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Quick, we sat down and talked casually about my previous experience and what I expected out of the position I was applying for. After discussing my availability, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is the most common thing our EasyTech Associates do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Warrington, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

went into store to make purchase and saw the sing...asked about job and was given a web address completed on line form ...short test then face to face with manager

Interview Questions

• none per say i was just asked what hours i could work   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples (Jericho, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

easy and smooth, met with both sales manager and general manager.
    simple questions about prior experience and position and tasks knowledge.
    training videos are provided with training link. i was asked to wait for a call after background check was processed .

Interview Questions

• why did i leave my last employer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY).

Interview

The first interview was on the phone, it was pleasant. The second in person interview was simple with the General manager who asked me a basic question on how i would sell an item to a customer, essentially we did a role play.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2014.

Interview

The process began with submitting an application which led to a primary interview with assistant management team and then ended with the store's general manager interview. The interview itself is done in the store's back office and depends on the availability of the staff during a normal work day so things can change.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a long line at the register if the first customer is holding up the rest of the line?   1 Answer
    • When was a time you were overwhelmed by a situation and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer