Staples EasyTech Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.0

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY).

Interview

The first interview was on the phone, it was pleasant. The second in person interview was simple with the General manager who asked me a basic question on how i would sell an item to a customer, essentially we did a role play.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

EasyTech Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

A short pre-interview was put on by a supervisor because the GM was extremely busy onboarding other new hires. Followed by a short, yet more intensive interview put on by the GM the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Waldorf, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Quick, we sat down and talked casually about my previous experience and what I expected out of the position I was applying for. After discussing my availability, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is the most common thing our EasyTech Associates do?   Answer Question

EasyTech Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day to schedule a interview.

First interview was with the sales manager. She asked basic questions to see if I was a good fit. Second interview was with the Tech Supervisor. He basically asked how long I've been interested in technology and asked what was in my computer and offered me a job.

Overall extremely easy interview process and almost no questions related to technology.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted 3 weeks later. I took an hour long test that was very technical which found out later had nothing to do with the position I completely forgot that I applied online. When I went for my interview i was informed beforehand by the manager that this was more of a sales job than a technical job. i didn't appreciate this as i was looking for a mostly tech job. I went into the interview not really caring if i got the job or not after hearing this. The interview was a joke. I told the store manager that i wasn't really looking for a sales job but i might consider it. At the end of the interview he said the jobs mine if i want it. I didn't give him a definite answer. He basically told me i could make my own schedule if i accepted. I told them I'd have to think about it. In the end, I think I asked him more questions than he asked me.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very quick, very easy. They will hire pretty much anyone as long as you look like you can hold a job. Staples does have a very high turnover rate which means they are usually hiring.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different than other candidates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (Roseville, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with the store manager in the store's manager's office. Felt casual, there was no desk between us and we were just sitting facing each other in rolling chairs. I had applied online the day before and received a call the next day. The actual interview was the next day after. All in all, it was three days from submitting my application to being hired. I started a couple days afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about working at your last place of employment? He was referring to my resume as we spoke.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I probably could have negotiated but I was happy to have a job so quickly and assumed that they wouldn't budge anyways. I started at an hourly rate of $10.25/hr.

EasyTech Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

I interviewed at Staples on two separate occassions, once for a seasonal position, and once when I came to work there part time. The interview for the seasonal position was very non-standard, I walked into the store, spoke with the general manager, asked for a job, came back the next day and the first and only real interview question was,"When can you start?". The rest of the interview was spent going over general job duties and description.

The second interview was pretty standard for any retail job, "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with someone who was upset?", "How do you work in a team?", all of the questions were geared towards judging your character and how that would translate into giving excellent customer service. No technical questions were asked even though it was an EasyTech position.

Both interviews were 30 minutes or less.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with someone who was upset?", "How do you work in a team?", all of the questions were geared towards judging your character and how that would translate into giving excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They wanted to start me at the base rate for that department... I commented that I had made more money in my previous job, and that based on my previous seasonal experience with the company and my understanding of the companies principles that I wouldnt be able to accept the job offer if they couldn't at least match my previous job's wage.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager primarily. She asked a handful of questions and I answered. I was young and inexperienced. She was pretty flat, no emotion during the interview but offered me a job on the spot at the end, which surprised me. Especially because she started doing other things while offering me the job. Overall, she ended up being one of the best managers I've ever worked under so I do not regret taking the job or the interview at all!

Interview Questions

• Why were you let go from your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (West Springfield, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Took roughly 20 minutes, general behavioral questions. What experience do you have? Have you ever worked in a group? What's your level of knowledge in regards to technology? The hiring manager talked about the benefits and what kind of work I'd be doing, which for the most part has been accurate.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a group?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, it's part time.