Takeda Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2018

1. Featured Interview

PMO Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very Thorough. Interviewees well prepared. I felt comfortable. Very interested in hiring someone not only with right work experience but also a person that would fit into the site culture.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled difficult direct reports in the past.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

It was quite an informal interview since it was more of a conversation. The interviewer talked more about his research, and I listened most of the time. He was a really nice guy overall and the interview itself wasn't hard. What was difficult was trying to understand his research, especially since I'm not a chemistry and biology major.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

It was a phone interview going over my resume that was sent in. We discussed some of the products for the company and some of the benefit packages. The next process is a video chat that has not been completed yet. I am still in the process of scheduling this interview.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Two phone interviews with HR followed by in person interview at the Takeda campus with members of the department and other groups within the company as well as a tour of the facilities.

Medical Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Interview process began with a screening interview, followed by a phone call with hiring manager. Invitation to onsite interview included a presentation and 30-45 minute interviews with approximately 1-2 interviewers at a time.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you manage that situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

First I had to apply, then I went through a web video interview called Hirevue. It's a little weird but think of it as a skype interview. Next, I got a call from a very nice HR lady who informed me that they would like to take the next steps. I got a call from my hiring manager and it was a really pleasant conversation. They were courteous and wanted to know my background and a bit about me. They told me what they do in the department and how it functions and I got a chance to ask them some questions as well.
    Overall, I would say that Takeda had a really nice process. Everyone from the HR folks to the hiring managers were nice and friendly.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

I received a typical email from a recruiter to set up a time for a phone screening. After a couple emails, we had a agreed upon a time (which he suggested). On the day of, I prepared as one does for an interview. The time came and I waited... and waited...and waited for the call.

I never received a call! No correspondence, no email, nothing.

I have phone interviewed this past year dozens of times, with many companies. All of them called me within 1-2 minutes of the agreed upon time. I took time out of my busy day, and he didn't have the courtesy to tell me he wouldn't be able to call. I called him and left a message. Also emailed him. His response was "Sorry I thought I emailed you but may have forgotten. I have been in workshops all week so couldn’t make the call. I will send your resume to my collegue who will set up a time to speak with you!"

Yes, he spelled colleague wrong. I'm still waiting for his colleague to reach out to me. Could this guy not have checked his calendar before giving me that date? Also, was my interview not in his calendar?

I've never seen this level of carelessness from a hiring manager. This guy was incredibly rude and disrespectful. I'm a busy person, who has an internship and school right now. I don't have time to wait around for this guy or this company. I already had another offer for the summer and wanted to see what Takeda had to offer. It's a shame, because I really liked the company. Your loss Takeda.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY).

Interview

Really nice people, very positive experience. However, I interviewed for one position but offered a job for a different one for a different manager. I never met anyone who did not seem to have your best intrest in mind. Applied and heard back a week later for a phone screen, that night received a call for a in person interview which was with many people.

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Comfortable conversation and discussion about my research interests and projects. The reviewer was quite nice and patient with my questions. They did not test my coding skills. Ask some deep questions about the data I used during the research and software that might be used in the internship.

Interview Questions

• Major projects and publications during PhD study   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

I had a phone interview where they asked me to talk about my resume. It was fairly straightforward. Heard back within a week. I was than asked to come in for an in-person interview which consisted of 10 minutes of three different groups of people from the manufacturing department. They were all very nice.

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in January 2018.

Interview

Heard from HR mid-December. Phone interview 1:1 with lab manager in January, in person interview on site 3-4 weeks later. Was not too formal, basic interview questions, asked about my experiences and what I would like to learn. Phone interview ~30 minutes. In person interview ~1.5 hrs. Generally very comfortable interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you independently solved a problem in the lab setting   Answer Question