Cover image for Tata Motors

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Tata Motors Interview Questions

Updated Nov 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 447 of over 447 interviews

Employee Referral8%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Tata Motors

Application

I interviewed at Tata Motors

Interview

Multiple basic statistics questions were asked and mostly the questions were from my resumes itself and some common Data science and two coding questions that how will you reverse a number

Interview Questions
  • Lasso regression, over fitting, cost function, precision and accuracy f1 score
    Answer Question

Tata Motors

Application

I interviewed at Tata Motors

Interview

Very average. The interviewer first asked me about my family background. Then he asked me about my strengths and weaknesses. Then he asked me about my electives and why i chose them.

Interview Questions
  • What is your ambition? What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Tata Motors

Application

I interviewed at Tata Motors

Interview

I was nervous and interviewer was confident. He asked questions on various topics and withheld his knowledge. I answered each question diligently. Everything went ok and was easy flowing like water. Hot as sun and cold as ice and everything nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tata Motors

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Motors

Interview

It was mixed with core and hr questions. Overall easy to medium. It is a good experience and the pace will be quick and relaxed. So be prepared with ur resume and u will be fine

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tata Motors

Application

I interviewed at Tata Motors

Interview

Interview Questions
  • 1)Technical test: Total time -1.30 Hr. a)15 Snippets on C language b) 10 Snippets on Protocol ( i2c, spi, can) c)10 Program Statements on C and Ds... (Here we need to write program with correct syntax and correct logic). 2) First Technical interview: Total time: 1.30 Hr. a) Write a program on pattern? ( Interviewer give 5 patterns). b) Write a program for Students Data base using structure. c) Write a program for Strings ....( Hiding sub string in main string, Reverse The String, Remove the non repeated characters in string) d) Difference between Structure and Union. e)Explain Storage Class. f)What is Pointer. How it is use . Explain With Example. g)what is memory leak how to avoid ? h) what is structure ? I)what is volatile nd constant keywords? k)What is CAN protocol ? 3) Second Technical Interview: Total time: 1.15 hr. a) Discussion on Technical test Question paper. Its take more than 30min. b) Explain your Engineering Project.(Cross Questioning) c) Explain your Vector Project. (Cross Questioning) 4)HR interview: Total Time: 15 min. a)Introduce yourself ? b)what have you done after completion of your bachelors ? c) Salary Discussion. d)What is your Hobby?

Anonymous Employee in Lucknow

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Lucknow) in Jul 2022

Interview

Questions were asked based on CV. Situational questions were asked how to have impactful communication with different stakeholders. Technical questions on BS-6 were asked. Interviewer was focused on attitude, communication skills and confidence of candidate.

Interview Questions
  • A new product is going to be launched and dealership doesn't have infrastructure as per norms. How will you convince the dealership?

Tata Motors

Application

I interviewed at Tata Motors

Interview

First online test was held through a link sent in mail. It had core engineering and English questions. Then online mode interview through video call. Link also sent in mail.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Jamshedpur

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Motors (Jamshedpur) in Jun 2022

Interview

The interview was round is particularly designed to The process was to check if the interviewee is fit for the company or not, i.e. is he compatible with the motto of the company or not? This round may comprise Puzzles, Guesstimates, Brain Teasers, and questions related to the resume submitted.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Introduce yourselves 2. Questions about Projects 3. Tell me something about Tata Motors 4. Why do you want to join Tata Motors

Tata Motors

Application

I interviewed at Tata Motors

Interview

After written test they call for interview in which they ask both technical and HR questions. They focuses mainly on project related questions and asks to detail the projects done so far.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Motors (New Delhi) in Apr 2022

Interview

Total of 3 rounds- Tech, HR and then salary negotiation. 1st two rounds were done pretty quickly, within 3 days of sharing the JD. 3rd round told another 2 days. But sharing the offer letter took almost a week after everything was finalized and then they give 24 hrs to accept or reject the offer letter. In case you accept, another week for sharing the appointment letter post the medicals and background check. The overall process is streamlined and the HR is really responsive to all the calls and messages but things get little slow after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself in terms of personal and professional front
  • Why do you think you are a good match for this profile
  • Tell us about a situation when you faced some constraint in your work and how you overcame it
  • Any supply chain related issue you resolved in your experience. how you resolved it and how much it took. also what resources were available and which all you used. how efficient you think it was and as of today do u think you could have done anything better to solve that issue.
  • reason for changing the job
  • do you think escalating issues to seniors is important. how and when one should escalate things. doesn't it affect the bond with colleagues
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 447 Interviews

Tata Motors Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Tata Motors as 84.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.97 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for GET and Assistant Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Manager and Graduate Engineer Trainee roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Tata Motors takes an average of 10 days when considering 113 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for GET had the quickest hiring process (on average 2 days), whereas Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 23 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Tata Motors according to 113 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 19.66%