Texas Instruments Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Texas Instruments

2.7

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Got an interview from my university's career fair. Interview lasted 30 minutes and consisted of a third resume, behavioral, and technical questions. A senior and graduate engineer interviewed me and were both very friendly. Received an email a week later for another interview round.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

Two rounds, first is behavioral where they grill you on your resume, second is a presentation where you present projects you've worked on related to the position you're interviewing for.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

Started with an on campus interview (mainly behavioral), followed by a phone interview (technical stuff from my resume). There was a GPA minimum for the initial Interview of a 3.0.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Made a slideshow describing my background, projects, etc. The presentation took about an hour to complete. There was supposed to be a technical section in the end which involved some C debugging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Davis, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I went to the career fair at my school (UCD) and got asked to come for an interview for the next day. At the 1 on 1 interview, I had to meet a Texas Instruments recruiter and I was asked mainly behavioral questions. The questions were about my resume, my skills, past experiences, strengths and weaknesses. There was a technical question and I bombed it since it was hardware oriented.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between CPU and a microprocessor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

Interview

Applied through university career fair. Got an interview on campus for the next day. Was purely behavioral but I did not move on and got an email saying I wasn’t a fit for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Ames, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

Got an on-site interview at my college after the career fair. Half of it was HR behavioral questions other half was technical questions, it lasted about 30 minutes and my interview was an alum and pretty relaxed so I think it went well. I have a second round (the phone/webex interview where you present on a project) but that is this week.

Interview Questions

• If you are using UART, how can you tell when data is sent if a bit gets flipped?   1 Answer
    • We have our own JDK, if you send the customer this information and they get back to you saying it doesn't work - what do you do?   Answer Question
    • If you have many threads and they are all blocked, what is the benefit?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (College Park, MD).

Interview

Went to the career fair at my school and talked with engineers at their booth. Was then allowed to talk to the head recruiter who wanted to schedule a technical interview with me the next day. Interviewed with them that following day.

Interview Questions

• Determining which sorting algorithm is best for certain situations? Followed by a question about audio processing?   Answer Question